Old 13-09-2019, 07:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default what should I eat for lunch?

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

Old 13-09-2019, 07:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 13-09-2019, 07:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

I bet it's some meat with a schmear of horsch radisch.
Old 13-09-2019, 07:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

====

Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

Old 13-09-2019, 08:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

====

Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

Old 13-09-2019, 08:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

====

Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

====

I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried)) (unless it is
salmon) Where do you get yours?

Apols if you cook your own!!

Old 13-09-2019, 08:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

====

Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

====

I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried)) (unless it is
salmon) Where do you get yours?

Apols if you cook your own!!

We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips
Old 13-09-2019, 09:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

====

Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

====

I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried)) (unless it is
salmon) Where do you get yours?

Apols if you cook your own!!

We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips

====

I do still have a deep fryer, but I do usually use an air fryer for chips
.... except on the odd occasion when we feel like the real thing that we grew
up with)))

Old 13-09-2019, 10:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:54:04 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

. ..

wrote:

[...]

Yes, I can imagine.
Old 14-09-2019, 12:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 18:22:04 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
wrote:

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

I'd go for the fish and chips.
Old 14-09-2019, 12:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

It's like a normal sandwich, only with a bad attitude.