Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default what should I eat for lunch?

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
> haven't tried there
>
> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

I bet it's some meat with a schmear of horsch radisch.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

====

Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>
>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>haven't tried there
>
>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>
>====
>
> Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>
>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>haven't tried there
>
>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>
>====
>
> Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

====

I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried)) (unless it is
salmon) Where do you get yours?

Apols if you cook your own!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>>
>>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>>haven't tried there
>>
>>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>>====
>>
>> Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

>True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
>this afternoon.
>
>====
>
> I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried)) (unless it is
>salmon) Where do you get yours?
>
> Apols if you cook your own!!

We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>>
>>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>>haven't tried there
>>
>>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>>====
>>
>> Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

>True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
>this afternoon.
>
>====
>
> I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried)) (unless it is
>salmon) Where do you get yours?
>
> Apols if you cook your own!!

We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips

====

I do still have a deep fryer, but I do usually use an air fryer for chips
.... except on the odd occasion when we feel like the real thing that we grew
up with)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:54:04 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>>
>>>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>>>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>>>haven't tried there
>>>
>>>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>>
>>>====
>>>
>>> Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

>>True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
>>this afternoon.
>>
>>====
>>
>> I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried)) (unless it is
>>salmon) Where do you get yours?
>>
>> Apols if you cook your own!!

>We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
>guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips
>
>====
>
> I do still have a deep fryer, but I do usually use an air fryer for chips
>... except on the odd occasion when we feel like the real thing that we grew
>up with)))

Yes, I can imagine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 18:22:04 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>haven't tried there
>
>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

I'd go for the fish and chips.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

It's like a normal sandwich, only with a bad attitude.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

It's like a normal sandwich, only with a bad attitude.

===

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
> haven't tried there
>
> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

What's in the sandwich?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
> haven't tried there
>
> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>
> ====
>
> Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

That's something that never appeals.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:08:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Hmm I dunno You can't beat good fish and chips)

>That's something that never appeals.

I'm shocked. That's so out of character for you to not like something!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 1:08 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "tert in seattle"* wrote in message
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>> ====
>>
>> * Hmm I dunno* You can't beat good fish and chips)

> That's something that never appeals.

I'm thinking air fried gluten would be a good trendy lunch,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:07:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's in the sandwich?

Why does it matter, you wouldn't like it.