FoodBanter.com

-   -   what should I eat for lunch? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/448134-what-should-i-eat.html)

tert in seattle 13-09-2019 07:22 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 13-09-2019 07:41 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
> haven't tried there
>
> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce[_28_] 13-09-2019 07:45 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

I bet it's some meat with a schmear of horsch radisch.

Ophelia[_11_] 13-09-2019 07:52 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...

the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
haven't tried there

wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

====

Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

Bruce[_28_] 13-09-2019 08:07 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>
>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>haven't tried there
>
>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>
>====
>
> Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

Ophelia[_11_] 13-09-2019 08:11 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>
>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>haven't tried there
>
>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>
>====
>
> Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
this afternoon.

====

I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried:))) (unless it is
salmon) Where do you get yours?

Apols if you cook your own!!

tert in seattle 13-09-2019 08:21 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

writes:
>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I think it's a reuben with pastrami and corned beef

Bruce[_28_] 13-09-2019 08:38 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>>
>>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>>haven't tried there
>>
>>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>>====
>>
>> Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

>True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
>this afternoon.
>
>====
>
> I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried:))) (unless it is
>salmon) Where do you get yours?
>
> Apols if you cook your own!!

We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips :)

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 13-09-2019 08:39 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 3:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
> writes:
> >On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
> >> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
> >> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
> >> haven't tried there
> >>
> >> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

> >What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I think it's a reuben with pastrami and corned beef

Ah. Thanks.

That _would_ be a tough decision. I'd probably lean toward the fish and
chips.

Cindy Hamilton

tert in seattle 13-09-2019 09:22 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

writes:

>> >What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> I think it's a reuben with pastrami and corned beef

>Ah. Thanks.
>
>That _would_ be a tough decision. I'd probably lean toward the fish and
>chips.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

the decision was made easier by the fact that the picture of the
New Yorker looked really unappetizing and the grill line was long and
slow

so I grabbed a couple slices of pizza

Bruce[_28_] 13-09-2019 09:36 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:22:38 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

writes:

>>> I think it's a reuben with pastrami and corned beef

>>Ah. Thanks.
>>
>>That _would_ be a tough decision. I'd probably lean toward the fish and
>>chips.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>the decision was made easier by the fact that the picture of the
>New Yorker looked really unappetizing and the grill line was long and
>slow
>
>so I grabbed a couple slices of pizza

That's not fair. We didn't know there was a 3rd option!

Ophelia[_11_] 13-09-2019 09:54 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>>
>>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>>haven't tried there
>>
>>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>>====
>>
>> Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

>True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
>this afternoon.
>
>====
>
> I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried:))) (unless it is
>salmon) Where do you get yours?
>
> Apols if you cook your own!!

We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips :)

====

I do still have a deep fryer, but I do usually use an air fryer for chips
.... except on the odd occasion when we feel like the real thing that we grew
up with:))))

Bruce[_28_] 13-09-2019 10:19 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:54:04 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 20:11:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:52:29 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>>
>>>"tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>>>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>>>haven't tried there
>>>
>>>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>>
>>>====
>>>
>>> Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

>>True. We'll probably be having flathead & chips with a glass of chardy
>>this afternoon.
>>
>>====
>>
>> I always cook ours. A good batter and deep fried:))) (unless it is
>>salmon) Where do you get yours?
>>
>> Apols if you cook your own!!

>We don't have a deep fryer anymore. We use an air fryer for chips. I
>guess you do too? And we use a pub for fish and chips :)
>
>====
>
> I do still have a deep fryer, but I do usually use an air fryer for chips
>... except on the odd occasion when we feel like the real thing that we grew
>up with:))))

Yes, I can imagine.

Jeßus[_55_] 14-09-2019 12:08 AM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 18:22:04 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>haven't tried there
>
>wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

I'd go for the fish and chips.

Jeßus[_55_] 14-09-2019 12:10 AM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

It's like a normal sandwich, only with a bad attitude.

Ophelia[_11_] 14-09-2019 08:31 AM

what should I eat for lunch?

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 11:41:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive answer.

It's like a normal sandwich, only with a bad attitude.

===

lol

Julie Bove[_2_] 15-09-2019 06:07 AM

what should I eat for lunch?

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
> haven't tried there
>
> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

What's in the sandwich?

Julie Bove[_2_] 15-09-2019 06:08 AM

what should I eat for lunch?

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
> haven't tried there
>
> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>
> ====
>
> Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

That's something that never appeals.

Julie Bove[_2_] 15-09-2019 06:11 AM

what should I eat for lunch?

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> writes:
>>On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-4, tert in seattle wrote:
>>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>>> haven't tried there
>>>
>>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>>What's a New Yorker sandwich? I googled but never got a definitive
>>answer.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

> I think it's a reuben with pastrami and corned beef

Yick!

Jeßus[_55_] 15-09-2019 08:45 AM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:08:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "tert in seattle" wrote in message ...
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Hmm I dunno:) You can't beat good fish and chips:))

>That's something that never appeals.

I'm shocked. That's so out of character for you to not like something!

Ed Pawlowski[_5_] 15-09-2019 02:26 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On 9/15/2019 1:08 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "tert in seattle"* wrote in message
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich
>>
>> ====
>>
>> * Hmm I dunno:)* You can't beat good fish and chips:))

> That's something that never appeals.

I'm thinking air fried gluten would be a good trendy lunch,

[email protected] 15-09-2019 06:33 PM

what should I eat for lunch?

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 22:07:31 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> the two top contenders on the cafeteria menu today are fish and chips
>> which I've had and they do well, or the New Yorker sandwich which I
>> haven't tried there
>>
>> wondering if I should live on the edge and try the sandwich

>What's in the sandwich?

Why does it matter, you wouldn't like it.