Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sunday night dinner

My wife did the grocery shopping and came home with something that was
labelled as rib steak, but it was almost 3" thick. I took it out of
the fridge about 2 hours early to let it warm up inside and then
seasoned it with fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and olive oil. I
slapped it onto the BBQ grill and give it 5 minutes on each side, times
two, then slid it to the next grill and closed the cover and gave it
about 15 more minutes. It turned out perfectly medium rare.

Sides were steamed asparagus and mushroom, onion and pepper skewers and
nice fresh rolls.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> My wife did the grocery shopping and came home with something that was
> labelled as rib steak, but it was almost 3" thick. I took it out of the
> fridge about 2 hours early to let it warm up inside and then seasoned it
> with fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and olive oil. I slapped it onto
> the BBQ grill and give it 5 minutes on each side, times two, then slid it
> to the next grill and closed the cover and gave it about 15 more minutes.
> It turned out perfectly medium rare.
>
> Sides were steamed asparagus and mushroom, onion and pepper skewers and
> nice fresh rolls.

I made butter chicken, chana dal and brown rice. I had the leftover roast
and veggies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/1/2019 1:58 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> My wife did the grocery shopping and came home with something that
>> was labelled asÂ* rib steak, but it was almost 3" thick.Â* I took it
>> out of the fridge about 2 hours early to let it warm up inside and
>> then seasoned it with fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and olive
>> oil.Â* I slapped it onto the BBQ grill and give it 5 minutes on each
>> side, times two, then slid it to the next grill and closed the cover
>> and gave it about 15 more minutes. It turned out perfectly medium rare.
>>
>> Sides were steamed asparagus and mushroom, onion and pepper skewers
>> and nice fresh rolls.

> I made butter chicken, chana dal and brown rice. I had the leftover
> roast and veggies.

Â* We had lemon-garlic tilapia fillets with parsley potatoes , sliced
tomatoes , and green peas for her , green beans for me .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

> Julie Bove wrote:
> > I made butter chicken, chana dal and brown rice. I had the leftover
> > roast and veggies.

> Â We had lemon-garlic tilapia fillets with parsley potatoes , sliced
> tomatoes , and green peas for her , green beans for me .

I had the last of my stuffed green peppers, a side salad of just
tomatoes and onions, two pieces of garlic toast with parmesan and
3 ginger snaps for dessert.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/30/2019 10:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> My wife did the grocery shopping and came home with something that was
> labelled asÂ* rib steak, but it was almost 3" thick.Â* I took it out of
> the fridge about 2 hours early to let it warm up inside and then
> seasoned it with fresh ground pepper, kosher salt and olive oil.Â* I
> slapped it onto the BBQ grill and give it 5 minutes on each side, times
> two, then slid it to the next grill and closed the cover and gave it
> about 15 more minutes.Â* It turned out perfectly medium rare.
>
> Sides were steamed asparagus and mushroom, onion and pepper skewers and
> nice fresh rolls.

I looked at asparagus when I was at the grocery store last week but the
bundles all looked rather sad (as in, probably won't keep more than a
day or two) so I didn't buy any.

I wasn't feeling particularly well so I didn't cook anything yesterday.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-01 10:02 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/30/2019 10:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> Sides were steamed asparagus and mushroom, onion and pepper skewers
>> and nice fresh rolls.

> I looked at asparagus when I was at the grocery store last week but the
> bundles all looked rather sad (as in, probably won't keep more than a
> day or two) so I didn't buy any.

It is close to the end of the local season. It is usually over by no,
but we had a long, wet, cool spring and everything is delayed a few
weeks. Cherries will be ready some time this week or next.

> I wasn't feeling particularly well so I didn't cook anything yesterday.

Hope you are feeling better soon.