Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Himalayan Pink Salt

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 10:42:08 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> [...]

> > not.
> > I got one white and one whole wheat big round loaf of Seattle Sourdough,
> > restaurant pack (huge amount) of white dinner rolls and three restaurant
> > packs of hamburger buns with sesame seeds all for free!
> >
> > I always give Angela whatever she wants of the free stuff. Sometimes I
> > give
> > things to my friend in Shoreline if I'm going out that way and they have
> > what her family eats. They have a narrow scope of what they will eat. I
> > almost always get a free thing that I like. I always check the free rack
> > on
> > the way in. Occasionally I will buy something for myself. All of the
> > free
> > stuff exp. June 25 or later. My gardener has goats. His goats will eat
> > most
> > anything so I just go for the largest stuff I can get for free. He feeds
> > it
> > to his goats.
> >
> > My entire front passenger seat was full of bread, about half of which
> > was
> > free! I am actually saving a lot of money by buying the bread there. I
> > have
> > a punch card for regular stuff too. One punch for every $10 spent. When
> > the
> > 10 punches are filled, I get one item from the marked down section for
> > free.
> > I have not quite figured out the system of what goes where. I think it's
> > more a matter of what they have the most of and not the exp. date.
> >
> > I'm sure by this point, you will have dropped out and not read it all. I
> > did
> > ask what to do with the salt. You mentioned a salt plank. Had I had a
> > salt
> > plank, I would have said that. You told me to use it in the bath. I
> > already
> > knew that and said that. Up until that point, Ed seemed to be the only
> > one
> > familiar with that salt. So I looked it up, saw the toast thing and
> > posted
> > it just in case someone else wanted to try it. This is a cooking group
> > and
> > that salt is pretty common, at least here. Perhaps it is not in the land
> > of
> > no cell phones.
> >
> > And now? I'm going to have dinner. I made a nice tuna salad with Just
> > Mayo.
> > I shall stuff a free pita bread with it and perhaps have a couple of
> > Ruffles
> > potato chips on the side.
> >
> > ===
> >
> > You are very lucky to have so much free food! I never see anything
> > like that here!
> >
> > We do have a counter for things that are marked down, but never free!

> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free

They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want? How terrible
for you.

Cindy Hamilton

===

Now, now, Cindy.

Waste not, want not!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> ===
>>
>> You are very lucky to have so much free food! I never see anything
>> like that here!
>>
>> We do have a counter for things that are marked down, but never free!

> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
> packs.
> We were all pretty horrified. I gave some away but dang. Meals for weeks
> featured English Muffins in some form or another!
>
> When I worked at K Mart, we would give out free seasonal stuff to the
> customers at closing time if we had a lot. One night, everyone got a
> strawberry pie. Another time it was as many Easter Lilies and bags of
> jelly
> beans as you wanted.
>
> ===
>
> I have heard that at closing time, all the reduced foods are reduced
> even further, but I have never heard of anything free like that. I have
> also heard that a certain group of folk are always there waiting)

Oh yes! I used to go to an Albertsons here that did that. Walk in at 20 min.
to closing time and the marked down non-shelf stable things were next to
nothing. That only went on for a little while though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/23/2019 7:04 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Oh goody! Fake Mayo!

> Ruffles have Ridges.

>>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
>>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
>>> packs.
>>> We were all pretty horrified.

>> They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want? How terrible
>> for you.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> And they were "all pretty horrified" at being given free stuff! And of
> course she's going to go out of her way to give some free bread to her
> friend if she manages to drive by. Sheesh.

Nobody forced me to take it. I just wasn't expecting it. This was in
Oakland. The friend I take stuff to sometimes lives in this state but it's
about an hour's drive to her house. I'm not going out there just to take a
loaf of bread. That's too much gas to waste. If we already have plans
together or if I have other business out that way, it's not a problem.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
>> packs.
>> We were all pretty horrified. I gave some away but dang. Meals for weeks
>> featured English Muffins in some form or another!

> Why horrified? You should go to that Oakland outfit more often.
> Freeze the extra's. Doesn't hurt muffins at all. Toast them and
> consider yourself lucky.
>
> Julie: "No freezer space."

We were living in military housing. Had one of those smallish top freezer
fridges. In those days, my freezer was usually full of meat. English muffins
are just okay. I don't like them a lot. I have a package now in the freezer
that I've never touched. My ex would not eat them at all. Angela only likes
whole wheat and I once got a free pack of 8 grain. I liked those. Now I
don't like any of the others. In a year's time, there was no way we could
have gone through 11 packs of English muffins. But we didn't have a year
because we were moving to NY. I think we had about 2 more months there at
the time we got them. My friends were moving sooner so they couldn't use
many either!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> > of
>> > no cell phones.
>> >
>> > And now? I'm going to have dinner. I made a nice tuna salad with Just
>> > Mayo.
>> > I shall stuff a free pita bread with it and perhaps have a couple of
>> > Ruffles
>> > potato chips on the side.
>> >
>> > ===
>> >
>> > You are very lucky to have so much free food! I never see anything
>> > like that here!
>> >
>> > We do have a counter for things that are marked down, but never
>> > free!

>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
>> packs.
>> We were all pretty horrified.

> They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want? How terrible

We were not forced to take them. I just wasn't excepting to get that much
free stuff! At the bread outlet here, you probably wouldn't get anything
free if you bought just one cheap item. Unless perhaps it was a day like
when everyone was getting bagels.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> [...]
>> > like that here!
>> >
>> > We do have a counter for things that are marked down, but never
>> > free!

>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
>> packs.
>> We were all pretty horrified.

> They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want? How terrible
> for you.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ===
>
> Now, now, Cindy.
>
> Waste not, want not!

We were not forced to take them. I just wasn't excepting to get that much
free stuff! At the bread outlet here, you probably wouldn't get anything
free if you bought just one cheap item. Unless perhaps it was a day like

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/23/2019 7:04 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Oh goody!* Fake Mayo!

> Ruffles have Ridges.

>>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went
>>> in and
>>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10
>>> free packs.
>>> We were all pretty horrified.

>> They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want?* How
>> terrible
>> for you.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> And they were "all pretty horrified" at being given free stuff!* And
> of course she's going to go out of her way to give some free bread
> to her friend if she manages to drive by.* Sheesh.
>
> Jill

But you gotta admit ... Boolie Jove gottcha again. She trolled, and
you bit like a smallmouth Bass.

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/23/2019 7:04 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Oh goody!* Fake Mayo!

> Ruffles have Ridges.

>>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went
>>> in and
>>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10
>>> free packs.
>>> We were all pretty horrified.

>> They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want?* How
>> terrible
>> for you.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> And they were "all pretty horrified" at being given free stuff!* And
> of course she's going to go out of her way to give some free bread
> to her friend if she manages to drive by.* Sheesh.
>
> Jill

Yes, its a terrible place. She even was forced to let a homeless man
stay in her shed and pose as a "gardener". I wonder if it is Popeye,
after being rejected by the mexican woman from Juarez.

I hope she escapes some day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/23/2019 4:39 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
>>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
>>> packs.
>>> We were all pretty horrified. I gave some away but dang. Meals for weeks
>>> featured English Muffins in some form or another!

>> Why horrified? You should go to that Oakland outfit more often.
>> Freeze the extra's. Doesn't hurt muffins at all. Toast them and
>> consider yourself lucky.
>>
>> Julie: "No freezer space."

> We were living in military housing. Had one of those smallish top
> freezer fridges. In those days, my freezer was usually full of meat.
> English muffins are just okay. I don't like them a lot. I have a package
> now in the freezer that I've never touched. My ex would not eat them at
> all. Angela only likes whole wheat and I once got a free pack of 8
> grain. I liked those. Now I don't like any of the others. In a year's
> time, there was no way we could have gone through 11 packs of English
> muffins. But we didn't have a year because we were moving to NY. I think
> we had about 2 more months there at the time we got them. My friends
> were moving sooner so they couldn't use many either!

You or so many people you know dislike or won't eat whatever for so many
reasons. Sorry, I can't keep up. You're the one who posted you were
given a bunch of freebies. Now you're complaining about it?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/23/2019 4:39 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Why horrified? You should go to that Oakland outfit more often.
>>> Freeze the extra's. Doesn't hurt muffins at all. Toast them and
>>> consider yourself lucky.
>>>
>>> Julie: "No freezer space."

>> We were living in military housing. Had one of those smallish top freezer
>> fridges. In those days, my freezer was usually full of meat. English
>> muffins are just okay. I don't like them a lot. I have a package now in
>> the freezer that I've never touched. My ex would not eat them at all.
>> Angela only likes whole wheat and I once got a free pack of 8 grain. I
>> liked those. Now I don't like any of the others. In a year's time, there
>> was no way we could have gone through 11 packs of English muffins. But we
>> didn't have a year because we were moving to NY. I think we had about 2
>> more months there at the time we got them. My friends were moving sooner
>> so they couldn't use many either!

> You or so many people you know dislike or won't eat whatever for so many
> reasons. Sorry, I can't keep up. You're the one who posted you were
> given a bunch of freebies. Now you're complaining about it?

Where was I complaining?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

>>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
>>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
>>> packs.
>>> We were all pretty horrified.

>> They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want? How terrible
>> for you.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Now, now, Cindy.
>>
>> Waste not, want not!

> We were not forced to take them. I just wasn't excepting to get that much
> free stuff! At the bread outlet here, you probably wouldn't get anything
> free if you bought just one cheap item. Unless perhaps it was a day like
> when everyone was getting bagels.
>
> ===
>
> Probably

That should have said expecting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 7:14:33 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >

> > You or so many people you know dislike or won't eat whatever for so many
> > reasons. Sorry, I can't keep up. You're the one who posted you were
> > given a bunch of freebies. Now you're complaining about it?

> Where was I complaining?

A direct quote from your previous post:

"There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free packs.
We were all pretty horrified."

Being such a 'top notch writer' a better choice of words would have been
"we were shocked" "we were all pretty surprised" "we weren't expecting
that" or "we were stunned." Horrified implies they tried to palm off on you
completely moldy bread. Or they opened a loaf or a package and reached in with
their bare hands and pulled out several muffins and just threw them into our
bag.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 7:14:33 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> >

>> > You or so many people you know dislike or won't eat whatever for so
>> > many
>> > reasons. Sorry, I can't keep up. You're the one who posted you were
>> > given a bunch of freebies. Now you're complaining about it?

>> Where was I complaining?
>>

> A direct quote from your previous post:
>
> "There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
> packs.
> We were all pretty horrified."
>
> Being such a 'top notch writer' a better choice of words would have been
> "we were shocked" "we were all pretty surprised" "we weren't expecting
> that" or "we were stunned." Horrified implies they tried to palm off on
> you
> completely moldy bread. Or they opened a loaf or a package and reached in
> with
> their bare hands and pulled out several muffins and just threw them into
> our
> bag.

Horrified is not complaining. From dictionary.com

"
adjective
showing or indicating great shock or horror:
a horrified gasp; a horrified expression.
accompanied or characterized by a feeling of horror:
horrified interest.
struck with horror; shocked:
horrified and outraged spectators."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 8:47:25 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> Horrified is not complaining. From dictionary.com
>
> "
> adjective
> showing or indicating great shock or horror:
> a horrified gasp; a horrified expression.
> accompanied or characterized by a feeling of horror:
> horrified interest.
> struck with horror; shocked:
> horrified and outraged spectators."

You're right, it is not complaining; I never said it was complaining, that's
you're department. But you used it incorrectly when you said you were
'horrified' that you were given free items. Shocked perhaps, but horrified?

You were struck with horror when you were given free items? You don't
disappoint with the attention whore routine; why am I not surprised?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 8:47:25 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Horrified is not complaining. From dictionary.com
>>
>> "
>> adjective
>> showing or indicating great shock or horror:
>> a horrified gasp; a horrified expression.
>> accompanied or characterized by a feeling of horror:
>> horrified interest.
>> struck with horror; shocked:
>> horrified and outraged spectators."
>>

> You're right, it is not complaining; I never said it was complaining,
> that's
> you're department. But you used it incorrectly when you said you were
> 'horrified' that you were given free items. Shocked perhaps, but
> horrified?

"Your", not "you're" (in reference to department). Shocked and horrifed mean
essentially the same thing.

> You were struck with horror when you were given free items? You don't
> disappoint with the attention whore routine; why am I not surprised?

How should *I* know!

You bitch that you think I used word and then you make a whopper of a
spelling error.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:

> Decades ago my mother bought me a 'Lobster for Two' set. I don't know
> if it was at TJ Maxx or Marshall's. And yes, I've kept it all these
> years. I dug it out of the kitchen cabinet to take a pic:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/3JjV5XKC/lobsterkit.jpg
>
> Two souffle cups for holding drawn butter and metal claw crackers.

I have *six* inherited lobster/crab forks and a pair of pliers. I
normally boil the pliers before cracking crab, because they've been
used for previous, non-related stuff

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> ===
>>
>> You are very lucky to have so much free food! I never see anything
>> like that here!
>>
>> We do have a counter for things that are marked down, but never free!

> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
> packs.
> We were all pretty horrified. I gave some away but dang. Meals for weeks
> featured English Muffins in some form or another!
>
> When I worked at K Mart, we would give out free seasonal stuff to the
> customers at closing time if we had a lot. One night, everyone got a
> strawberry pie. Another time it was as many Easter Lilies and bags of
> jelly
> beans as you wanted.
>
> ===
>
> I have heard that at closing time, all the reduced foods are reduced
> even further, but I have never heard of anything free like that. I have
> also heard that a certain group of folk are always there waiting)

Oh yes! I used to go to an Albertsons here that did that. Walk in at 20 min.
to closing time and the marked down non-shelf stable things were next to
nothing. That only went on for a little while though.

===

I don't know about here. I never do that so I only know what the
cashier told me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" wrote in message ...
>

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

>>> There was a bread outlet in Oakland CA that did the same. I went in and
>>> bought a pack of English Muffins. Nothing else. They gave me 10 free
>>> packs.
>>> We were all pretty horrified.

>> They forced you to take the packages that you didn't want? How terrible
>> for you.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Now, now, Cindy.
>>
>> Waste not, want not!

> We were not forced to take them. I just wasn't excepting to get that much
> free stuff! At the bread outlet here, you probably wouldn't get anything
> free if you bought just one cheap item. Unless perhaps it was a day like
> when everyone was getting bagels.
>
> ===
>
> Probably

That should have said expecting.

====

Not a problem. It was obvious what you mean.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 24, 2019 at 12:35:50 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >
> > You're right, it is not complaining; I never said it was complaining,
> > that's
> > you're department. But you used it incorrectly when you said you were
> > 'horrified' that you were given free items. Shocked perhaps, but
> > horrified?

> "Your", not "you're" (in reference to department). Shocked and horrifed mean
> essentially the same thing.

That is correct, I used the wrong 'you're/your.' See how easy it is to admit
a mistake? Nothing to it unless you have an inflated sense of yourself.

> > You were struck with horror when you were given free items? You don't
> > disappoint with the attention whore routine; why am I not surprised?

> How should *I* know!

Because you never fail to disappoint.

> You bitch that you think I used word and then you make a whopper of a
> spelling error.

Yep, I sure did and took ownership of my mistake. You should try it sometime
when you tell those gawd awful lies and then expect us to believe them.