Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Queen Elizabeth visits a Grocery Store

Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?

Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
using automated self checkout stands.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>
>Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>using automated self checkout stands.
>
>Jill

I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
aware of identity theft. Good for Her!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 12:41:15 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>>1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>>products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>>
>>Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>>the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>>using automated self checkout stands.
>>
>>Jill

>I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
>does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
>aware of identity theft. Good for Her!

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 19:55:42 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 19:41 23 May 2019, U.S. Janet B. > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>>>1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>>>products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>>>
>>>Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>>>the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>>>using automated self checkout stands.
>>>
>>>Jill

>> I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
>> does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
>> aware of identity theft. Good for Her!
>> Janet US

>She's doing very well at 94.

And she's aware of identity theft! Do you think she's a remainer?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 05:08:24 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 May 2019 19:55:42 +0100, Pamela >
>wrote:
>
>>On 19:41 23 May 2019, U.S. Janet B. > wrote:

>>> I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
>>> does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
>>> aware of identity theft. Good for Her!
>>> Janet US

>>She's doing very well at 94.

>And she's aware of identity theft! Do you think she's a remainer?

I don't know but I do hope they do not ask her to entertain Trump
again. He was such a clod last time, they shouldn't ask it of her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
> 1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
> products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>
> Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
> the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
> using automated self checkout stands.

Are you sure you're not confusing paragraph #1 with Gorbachev?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2019 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>> 1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>> products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>>
>> Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>> the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>> using automated self checkout stands.
>>
>> Jill

> I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
> does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
> aware of identity theft. Good for Her!
> Janet US

To be accurate, it was a *replica* of Sainsbury's but when shown the
technology she wondered why people couldn't just walk out without
scanning items. I think she's a marvel at her age.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 18:38:07 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/23/2019 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>>> 1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>>> products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>>>
>>> Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>>> the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>>> using automated self checkout stands.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
>> does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
>> aware of identity theft. Good for Her!
>> Janet US
>>

>To be accurate, it was a *replica* of Sainsbury's but when shown the
>technology she wondered why people couldn't just walk out without
>scanning items. I think she's a marvel at her age.

Yeah, it takes an absolute genius to make that comment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2019 4:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>> 1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>> products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>>
>> Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>> the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>> using automated self checkout stands.

> Are you sure you're not confusing paragraph #1 with Gorbachev?
>
> -sw

Nope. But I got the decade wrong. She visited her first grocery store
in 1957, not in the 1960's.

https://blogs.weta.org/boundarystone.../queen-aisle-4

"So, imagine you are doing your Saturday afternoon grocery shopping at
the local supermarket. All of a sudden a motorcade pulls up. Out pops
the Queen of England and the royal prince. They walk into the store and
begin to wander the aisles, indulging in the free samples and chatting
with customers. After a few minutes they exit the store, get back in
their limo and drive off.

Seems pretty far fetched, right? Well, maybe so, but that is exactly
what patrons at the (aptly named) Queenstown Giant Food store in West
Hyattsville experienced in October 1957.

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip had come to the United States to
take part in the 350th Anniversary celebration of the settlement of
Jamestown, Virginia €“ the first permanent English settlement in America.
(Nice of them to come, considering the subsequent unpleasantness, which
resulted in the American Revolution€¦ but I digress.) After the
festivities, they traveled to Washington, D.C. to stay with President
Eisenhower at the White House and, it seems, experience a little Americana."

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 16:23:27 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 May 2019 16:52:02 -0300, wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 24 May 2019 05:08:24 +1000, Bruce >
>>wrote:

>>>And she's aware of identity theft! Do you think she's a remainer?

>>I don't know but I do hope they do not ask her to entertain Trump
>>again. He was such a clod last time, they shouldn't ask it of her.

>I think I read that Charles drew the short straw

I didn't see that, I certainly hope so
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 20:16:54 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/23/2019 4:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>>> 1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>>> products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>>>
>>> Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>>> the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>>> using automated self checkout stands.

>> Are you sure you're not confusing paragraph #1 with Gorbachev?
>>
>> -sw
>>

> Nope. But I got the decade wrong. She visited her first grocery store
> in 1957, not in the 1960's.
>
> https://blogs.weta.org/boundarystone.../queen-aisle-4
>
> "So, imagine you are doing your Saturday afternoon grocery shopping at
> the local supermarket. All of a sudden a motorcade pulls up. Out pops
> the Queen of England and the royal prince. They walk into the store and
> begin to wander the aisles, indulging in the free samples and chatting
> with customers. After a few minutes they exit the store, get back in
> their limo and drive off.
>
> Seems pretty far fetched, right? Well, maybe so, but that is exactly
> what patrons at the (aptly named) Queenstown Giant Food store in West
> Hyattsville experienced in October 1957.
>
> Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip had come to the United States to
> take part in the 350th Anniversary celebration of the settlement of
> Jamestown, Virginia ˇV the first permanent English settlement in America.
> (Nice of them to come, considering the subsequent unpleasantness, which
> resulted in the American RevolutionˇK but I digress.) After the
> festivities, they traveled to Washington, D.C. to stay with President
> Eisenhower at the White House and, it seems, experience a little Americana."
>
> Jill

Hmm. Nothing about here being impressed at the wide array of foods
and vegatbvles available.

I'm just wondering what the source was for your original two
paragraphs. The Queen would not be concerned with identity theft
and card skimming. Nor be impressed with an American grocery store
in the 50's or 60's.

Where's Gregory Morrow? She's the expert on Queens.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default PitPitching a rec.food.cooking reality TV series. (was: Queen Elizabeth visits a Grocery Store)

On Thu, 23 May 2019 18:38:07 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/23/2019 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 May 2019 13:21:10 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sainsbury's. The first time she visited a grocery store was in the
>>> 1960's on a visit to the United States. She was amazed at all the fresh
>>> products. Can you really buy all of this in one place?
>>>
>>> Fast forward to 2019: She visited Sainsbury's. She didn't marvel at
>>> the selection. She's worried about identity theft and people cheating
>>> using automated self checkout stands.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
>> does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
>> aware of identity theft. Good for Her!
>> Janet US
>>

> To be accurate, it was a *replica* of Sainsbury's but when shown the
> technology she wondered why people couldn't just walk out without
> scanning items. I think she's a marvel at her age.

This is all just BS. The queen hasn't shopped for 5 decades. And
all this staged shit is just blowing smoke up the asses of the
Royally Obsessed.

We should have pitched a rec.food.cooking reality TV show to the
networks 5-7 years ago. The season finale could have been a cook-in
at Julie's or Jill's clubhouse, where we have to find all our
ingredients locally while spotting farm stands and/or bags in trees
:-)

That really doesn't sound that unrealistic if you think about it
flip past any reality TV shows these days. But we've lost our best
kooks vs. stable people since then.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2019 20:47:47 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 23 May 2019 18:38:07 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> On 5/23/2019 2:41 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> I am amazed that a woman of her age still manages to get about as she
>>> does -- in and out of vehicles, up and down stairs and yet she is
>>> aware of identity theft. Good for Her!
>>> Janet US
>>>

>> To be accurate, it was a *replica* of Sainsbury's but when shown the
>> technology she wondered why people couldn't just walk out without
>> scanning items. I think she's a marvel at her age.

>This is all just BS. The queen hasn't shopped for 5 decades. And
>all this staged shit is just blowing smoke up the asses of the
>Royally Obsessed.

Thank you. This little event was staged for the sheeple. It gave Jill
something to drool over while she was eating her steamed vegetables.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> [...]

Reputedly, the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markel, has refused to meet
Trump.

> >> I didn't see that, I certainly hope so

> >"And it's sooo unfortunate that we're redecorating Buckingham Palace
> >that week--(er) month--(er) year?"

> I really see no reason why the Queen or anybody else from the royal
> family should receive Trump. Let him be satisfied with
> what's-er-name.
> Or, let all those rowdy folks in Parliament have at him :O))
> Janet US

A significant group of the major UK politicians in Parliament have
already refused to attend the Trump State banquet. Digestive problems.
And one who May not be PM by then.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...ald-trump-the-
queen-state-banquet-buckingham-palace-brexit-party

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ercow-refuses-
invitation-14709262

http://www.talk-finance.co.uk/britai...rities-refuse-
to-participate-in-a-state-banquet-with-trump/

Btw, just a note on court etiquette for Americans.

When invited to a State Visit, do not reply " Okay to bring all the
kids? Oh, and make sure Nigel Farage gets an invite to dinner cos he
really really likes me, but leave out the Lord Mayor of London cos he's
brown and a Muslim."

The Queen's bod is strictly off limits. Do Not Touch, pat, hug, or walk
in front of her.

Do not vomit on the Prime Minister's lap.

Janet UK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 18:46:54 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 13:33 24 May 2019, Janet > wrote:
>>
>> A significant group of the major UK politicians in Parliament have
>> already refused to attend the Trump State banquet. Digestive problems.
>> And one who May not be PM by then.
>>
>> https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/11...ald-trump-the-
>> queen-state-banquet-buckingham-palace-brexit-party
>>
>> https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...ercow-refuses-
>> invitation-14709262
>>
>> http://www.talk-finance.co.uk/britai...rities-refuse-
>> to-participate-in-a-state-banquet-with-trump/
>>
>> Btw, just a note on court etiquette for Americans.
>>
>> When invited to a State Visit, do not reply " Okay to bring all the
>> kids? Oh, and make sure Nigel Farage gets an invite to dinner cos he
>> really really likes me, but leave out the Lord Mayor of London cos he's
>> brown and a Muslim."
>>
>> The Queen's bod is strictly off limits. Do Not Touch, pat, hug, or walk
>> in front of her.
>>
>> Do not vomit on the Prime Minister's lap.

>Nor should Trump propose any major change of state policy to the Queen
>which enriches himself.
>
>The man's a boor, to be tolerated but not indulged.

Didn't he visit her not too long ago? Are they getting romantically
involved?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:29:27 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Didn't he visit her not too long ago? Are they getting romantically
> involved?

They'll have to dump their spouses first but it won't be the first time a Brit monarch has given it all up for an American. I predict a royal wedding in the near future.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 18:46:54 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:
snip

>The man's a boor, to be tolerated but not indulged.

you go too far
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 12:57:12 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2019 18:46:54 +0100, Pamela >
>wrote:
>snip
>>
>>The man's a boor, to be tolerated but not indulged.

>you go too far

huh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 11:44:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:29:27 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Didn't he visit her not too long ago? Are they getting romantically
>> involved?

>They'll have to dump their spouses first but it won't be the first time a Brit monarch has given it all up for an American. I predict a royal wedding in the near future.

He'll have to move in with her. Let's hope the corgi's accept him.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 May 2019 13:33:28 +0100, Janet > wrote:

snip

> Reputedly, the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markel, has refused to meet
>Trump.

snip
> Janet UK

I don't blame her, he is slime. I can't imagine having to shake hands
and touch him or be close to him

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 3:15:43 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 24 May 2019 13:33:28 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>
> snip
> >
> > Reputedly, the Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markel, has refused to meet
> >Trump.
> >

> snip
> > Janet UK
> >

> I don't blame her, he is slime. I can't imagine having to shake hands
> and touch him or be close to him

Not a problem. He's germ-phobic and does not like to shake hands.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 May 2019 05:09:07 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 May 2019 11:44:09 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, May 24, 2019 at 8:29:27 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't he visit her not too long ago? Are they getting romantically
>>> involved?

>>They'll have to dump their spouses first but it won't be the first time a Brit monarch has given it all up for an American. I predict a royal wedding in the near future.

>He'll have to move in with her. Let's hope the corgi's accept him.

All the corgi's have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.