Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight: Salmon patties

On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:07:42 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:22:40 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > Which Princess++ refuses to try because "pea soup looks like
>> > vomit."

>> I won't try pea soup because it smells like vomit.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>I've had pea soup and it IS disgusting.

No, YOU find it disgusting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:06:15 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 11:40:20 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>
>> > Remember: Everyone loves Jill's meals.

>> But isn't *that* why her husband left her...???
>>
>> --
>> Best
>> Greg
>>

>That's probably one of the reason Ju-Ju's husband left her and her constant
>whining about what she does and does like and her 10,000 failures in the
>kitchen. He probably also got tired of hearing "that's not available here,
>nobody in the state eats that, restaurants here don't serve that."

How low can you sink, Joan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Gary's Split Pea Soup copy (WAS: Dinner Tonight: Salmon patties)

On 5/12/2019 1:22 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 12:08:04 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Remember: no one has a clue what Gary actually cooks other than split
>>> pea soup.

>> Which Princess++ refuses to try because "pea soup looks like
>> vomit."

> I won't try pea soup because it smells like vomit.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

He's still miffed because I didn't try his recipe for split pea soup.
What he doesn't know is I saved the recipe. Want it? Here it is, as he
posted it in 2014 and is admittedly not *his* recipe:

"This recipe comes from an old "Fresh Market" cookbook.

Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potato (or Butternut Squash)
1 16oz package of dried green split peas
9 cups water
3 bay leaves
1 tsp. salt

Simmer these, covered, in a soup pot for about 2 hours until peas
have cooked down to a smooth consistancy. Remove the bay leaves.
**note - you don't have to pre-soak the peas**
Prepare the following:

3 T. vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup carrot, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
4 medium sweet potatoes (or 1 medium butternut squash),
...peeled and cut into 1/4" - 1/2" cubes
1 tsp. salt (or leave this out if you prefer)
2 tsp. dried mustard
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. tarragon

In a large skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the oil.
When the onions are tender, add all the remaining vegetables
and spices. Saute for 4-5 minutes, then add 1 cup of water
and let simmer, covered, until the vegetables are tender.

Add the vegetables to the cooked peas and simmer for 30 minutes,
stirring often.

After serving, add a little salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
You can eat this right away or let it sit awhile (or overnight) and
it will thicken more. (I never wait!!!)
This recipe makes about a gallon of soup. What we don't eat
in 2 or 3 days, I freeze in serving-size containers.

Here's the nutritional info for the total batch using sweet potatoes.
Slightly less calories if you use the butternut squash instead.
Fat: 43 grams
Carbohydrates: 435 grams
Protein: 124 grams

Total calories: 2,121 (18% fat calories)

(remember that info is for the whole gallon, not individual servings)"

FWIW, I do think split pea soup looks like vomit. Peas (unless they're
very fresh, small peas) aren't my favourite legume. I love lentil soup,
though!

Having said that, who is he to criticize? He just posted about making
broccoli cheese soup (in appetizer servings, whatever that means) using
Lipton Noodle Soup mix. He's quite the gourmet! LOL

Jill
Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 May 2019 17:34:09 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>FWIW, I do think split pea soup looks like vomit. Peas (unless they're
>very fresh, small peas) aren't my favourite legume. I love lentil soup,
>though!

I agree it can be very good.

>Having said that, who is he to criticize? He just posted about making
>broccoli cheese soup (in appetizer servings, whatever that means) using
>Lipton Noodle Soup mix. He's quite the gourmet! LOL

Lipton Noodle Soup Mix? Yumm!

Enriched Egg Noodles [Wheat Flour, Eggs, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine
Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic Acid],
Maltodextrin, Salt, Corn Syrup (Dehydrated), Monosodium Glutamate,
Chicken Fat, Chicken Powder, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil,
Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cornstarch, Yeast Extract, Parsley
(Dehydrated), Chicken Broth (Dehydrated), Disodium Inosinate, Disodium
Guanylate, Turmeric, Natural Flavors, Spices.

And no glass of wine with that for Gary. Wine would interfere with the
delicate flavour of the soup!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow, I just found out I am a terrible person: I LOVE split pea soup, AND I eat
the bones in canned salmon. Which, BTW, is far from cheap food for "trailer
trash." If the salmon is mashed with a fork, nobody knows if there were bones
in it or not. How picky of some people!

What a couple of ignorant "foodies." I happen to intensely dislike asparagus, and
okra. But as far as I go, is to say, "Throw it in the compost." I don't make a personal
deal out of it nor insult the posters who do like it. To each his/her own, eh?

Do y'all who are picking on Jill have nothing better to do today? Are you in the Sunday
doldrums? Go make some cinnamon or pecan rolls, that will take a while. Or if you
have a living mother, do something nice for her, and stop giving in to your basest
instincts.

P.S., I also love beets. ;-))

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 4:30:23 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 12 May 2019 14:06:15 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >That's probably one of the reason Ju-Ju's husband left her and her constant
> >whining about what she does and does like and her 10,000 failures in the
> >kitchen. He probably also got tired of hearing "that's not available here,
> >nobody in the state eats that, restaurants here don't serve that."

> How low can you sink, Joan.

After reading years of Ju-Ju's whiny posts and the fact that her husband was
never home, working she said, it's not hard to imagine why he left. So, no
sinking to low depths, just surmising.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Well, Jill, Damsel may have been trying to be original, or she didn't have a ham bone handy.
It is never greasy, on its own, and ham flavors it well. I do not like lumps in it, though, and
always use a stick blender to smooth it out.

As to regular peas on their own, I really dislike them, and pick them out of any Stouffer's frozen
meals I eat.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 4:49:54 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:

> Wow, I just found out I am a terrible person: I LOVE split pea soup, AND I eat
> the bones in canned salmon. Which, BTW, is far from cheap food for "trailer
> trash." If the salmon is mashed with a fork, nobody knows if there were bones
> in it or not. How picky of some people!

You may have my portion of pea soup. But I do confess to eating the salmon
bones, mashed or not.

> What a couple of ignorant "foodies." I happen to intensely dislike asparagus, and
> okra. But as far as I go, is to say, "Throw it in the compost." I don't make a personal
> deal out of it nor insult the posters who do like it. To each his/her own, eh?
>
> Do y'all who are picking on Jill have nothing better to do today? Are you in the Sunday
> doldrums? Go make some cinnamon or pecan rolls, that will take a while. Or if you
> have a living mother, do something nice for her, and stop giving in to your basest
> instincts.

Thank you!

> P.S., I also love beets. ;-))
>
> N.

Me, too, if they're pickled beets!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 May 2019 15:12:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 4:49:54 PM UTC-5, Nancy2 wrote:
>>
>> Wow, I just found out I am a terrible person: I LOVE split pea soup, AND I eat
>> the bones in canned salmon. Which, BTW, is far from cheap food for "trailer
>> trash." If the salmon is mashed with a fork, nobody knows if there were bones
>> in it or not. How picky of some people!
>>

>You may have my portion of pea soup. But I do confess to eating the salmon
>bones, mashed or not.
>>
>> What a couple of ignorant "foodies." I happen to intensely dislike asparagus, and
>> okra. But as far as I go, is to say, "Throw it in the compost." I don't make a personal
>> deal out of it nor insult the posters who do like it. To each his/her own, eh?
>>
>> Do y'all who are picking on Jill have nothing better to do today? Are you in the Sunday
>> doldrums? Go make some cinnamon or pecan rolls, that will take a while. Or if you
>> have a living mother, do something nice for her, and stop giving in to your basest
>> instincts.
>>

>Thank you!

You have a problem with basest instincts now? Do you realise what
nasty crap you produce yourself?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 5:17:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> You have a problem with basest instincts now? Do you realise what
> nasty crap you produce yourself?

What are you nattering about 'basest instincts'? I'm 100% positive many would
not care for what I cook at all just as I care not for what some people cook.
Nobody is forcing me to eat what I don't like and I'm affording them the same
courtesy.

When you get off that high horse you're setting on, be careful and don't fall
and hit your head and lose your halo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-12 11:48 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

> In my worthless opinion though, only good salmon is fresh
> BONELESS salmon steaks. Good eats. Let the "trailer trash" of the
> world eat bones and all from a can. Tightwads willing to eat
> cheaper. lol

Nothing wrong with cooked salmon bones in the can. They are so soft that
if you bite into one you probably would not even notice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-12 11:58 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/12/2019 11:30 AM, Gary wrote:

>> She is daddy's little princess++. And she dares to pick on Julie.
>> lol
>>

> Excuse me?Â* I'm not the one who claimed to be a Princess.Â* Look back at
> Julie's history and see where she declares herself to be one.Â* Living
> over a ballet studio and having delusions of grandeur doesn't count.

Funny, but when you see real dancers they tend to be slender and fit.
Then there is Julie and her alleged dancer daughter who don't fit the
stereotype.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2019 8:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-05-12 11:58 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/12/2019 11:30 AM, Gary wrote:

>>> She is daddy's little princess++. And she dares to pick on Julie.
>>> lol
>>>

>> Excuse me?Â* I'm not the one who claimed to be a Princess.Â* Look back
>> at Julie's history and see where she declares herself to be one.
>> Living over a ballet studio and having delusions of grandeur doesn't
>> count.

> Funny, but when you see real dancers they tend to be slender and fit.
> Then there is Julie and her alleged dancer daughter who don't fit the
> stereotype.

The antithesis of ballet or other choreographed dancers. Ballet dancers
do tend to be slender and fit. Male or female, it's rigorous work and
burns off a lot of calories. I've never seen a fat professional ballet
dancer.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2019 8:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:

>> In my worthless opinion though, only good salmon is fresh
>> BONELESS salmon steaks. Good eats. Let the "trailer trash" of the
>> world eat bones and all from a can. Tightwads willing to eat
>> cheaper. lol

> Nothing wrong with cooked salmon bones in the can. They are so soft that
> if you bite into one you probably would not even notice.

In Bruce's worthless opinion (he said it!), the last fish
patties/burgers he made used canned mackerel. Want to talk about
trailer trash? Canned mackerel ranks right up there. IMHO and YMMV.

When I drain the canned salmon I do pick out the bones. It's easy
enough to do with a fork. But I don't freak out over it if there are a
few of the very soft bones still in there when I mash the salmon. Pick
those out with a fork, too.

The recipe is very tasty even without the crushed corn chips. Normally
I just use a little flour to help bind the mixture together with the egg
and minced onion, sometimes minced bell pepper, salt & pepper. The sour
cream if I have some or mayonnaise if I don't. I usually don't have
sour cream so I use mayo. Either way, they're quite tasty.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-12 8:32 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/12/2019 8:15 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> Funny, but when you see real dancers they tend to be slender and fit.
>> Then there is Julie and her alleged dancer daughter who don't fit the
>> stereotype.
>>

> The antithesis of ballet or other choreographed dancers.Â* Ballet dancers
> do tend to be slender and fit.Â* Male or female, it's rigorous work and
> burns off a lot of calories.Â* I've never seen a fat professional ballet
> dancer.

If you had seen Julie and her daughter's pictures you would have to
question if either had ever been that fit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-12 8:42 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/12/2019 8:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Bruce wrote:

>>> In my worthless opinion though, only good salmon is fresh
>>> BONELESS salmon steaks. Good eats. Let the "trailer trash" of the
>>> world eat bones and all from a can. Tightwads willing to eat
>>> cheaper. lol

>> Nothing wrong with cooked salmon bones in the can. They are so soft
>> that if you bite into one you probably would not even notice.
>>

> In Bruce's worthless opinion (he said it!),

Don't judge him harshly. He is right about that.

>the last fish
> patties/burgers he made used canned mackerel.Â* Want to talk about
> trailer trash?Â* Canned mackerel ranks right up there. IMHO and YMMV.

I am not a fan of mackerel. I worked for a while as a sea mammal trainer
and started my work day cutting up hundreds of pounds of the Spanish
Mackerel to feed to the critters. If I walk into a fish store and there
is mackerel I can smell it over the other aromas.

> When I drain the canned salmon I do pick out the bones.Â* It's easy
> enough to do with a fork.Â* But I don't freak out over it if there are a
> few of the very soft bones still in there when I mash the salmon.Â* Pick
> those out with a fork, too.

My mother used to remove them but when I was a teen I learned from a
friend that the do not need to be removed, that you can just press them
lightly with a fork and they disintegrate.

> The recipe is very tasty even without the crushed corn chips.Â* Normally
> I just use a little flour to help bind the mixture together with the egg
> and minced onion, sometimes minced bell pepper, salt & pepper.Â* The sour
> cream if I have some or mayonnaise if I don't.Â* I usually don't have
> sour cream so I use mayo.Â* Either way, they're quite tasty.

Salmon patties should be on my to cook list. I love salmon. I consider
canned salmon to be a different but similarly good thing.

> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2019 8:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Nothing wrong with cooked salmon bones in the can. They are so soft
>>> that if you bite into one you probably would not even notice.
>>>

>> In Bruce's worthless opinion (he said it!),

> Don't judge him harshly. He is right about that.
>
>> the last fish patties/burgers he made used canned mackerel.Â* Want to
>> talk about trailer trash?Â* Canned mackerel ranks right up there. IMHO
>> and YMMV.

> I am not a fan of mackerel. I worked for a while as a sea mammal trainer
> and started my work day cutting up hundreds of pounds of the Spanish
> Mackerel to feed to the critters.Â* If I walk into a fish store and there
> is mackerel I can smell it over the other aromas.
>

>> When I drain the canned salmon I do pick out the bones.Â* It's easy
>> enough to do with a fork.Â* But I don't freak out over it if there are
>> a few of the very soft bones still in there when I mash the salmon.
>> Pick those out with a fork, too.

> My mother used to remove them but when I was a teen I learned from a
> friend that the do not need to be removed, that you can just press them
> lightly with a fork and they disintegrate.
>

>> The recipe is very tasty even without the crushed corn chips.
>> Normally I just use a little flour to help bind the mixture together
>> with the egg and minced onion, sometimes minced bell pepper, salt &
>> pepper.Â* The sour cream if I have some or mayonnaise if I don't.Â* I
>> usually don't have sour cream so I use mayo.Â* Either way, they're
>> quite tasty.
>>

> Salmon patties should be on my to cook list. I love salmon. I consider
> canned salmon to be a different but similarly good thing.

I'm not trying to push salmon patties on anyone. Like them, don't like
them. All I did was post about what I made for dinner and how I made
them. Terribly sorry it was about *food* and *cooking*. I've got no
idea why it led to a discussionabout whether or not I steam or lightly
salt anything. Note: I didn't steam the salmon patties. LOL Might as
well complain about the oil I use to pan fry them. Or pan frying, for
that matter. Heh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-05-12 6:42 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

> When I drain the canned salmon I do pick out the bones.Â* It's easy
> enough to do with a fork.

Then I eat them!! Even as a child I thought the texture of these little
morsels were worth seeking out:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 May 2019 20:42:48 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/12/2019 8:13 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Bruce wrote:

>>> In my worthless opinion though, only good salmon is fresh
>>> BONELESS salmon steaks. Good eats. Let the "trailer trash" of the
>>> world eat bones and all from a can. Tightwads willing to eat
>>> cheaper. lol

>> Nothing wrong with cooked salmon bones in the can. They are so soft that
>> if you bite into one you probably would not even notice.
>>

>In Bruce's worthless opinion (he said it!), the last fish
>patties/burgers he made used canned mackerel. Want to talk about
>trailer trash? Canned mackerel ranks right up there. IMHO and YMMV.

I like them with canned mackerel or with canned salmon, so we have
either. Should I avoid canned mackerel because it's cheap? What kind
of snobby nonsense is that?

Besides, this whole newsgroup is built on cheap. Chicken wings for
$.95c a pound, cow's ass for $.75 a pound, armadillo dicks for $.10c a
piece, insecticide-ridden Walmart vegetables, GM corn, xanthan gum
concoctions etc. You're all a bunch of tightwads from hell
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 May 2019 21:02:28 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/12/2019 8:57 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> In Bruce's worthless opinion (he said it!),

>> Don't judge him harshly. He is right about that.
>>
>>> the last fish patties/burgers he made used canned mackerel.* Want to
>>> talk about trailer trash?* Canned mackerel ranks right up there. IMHO
>>> and YMMV.

>> I am not a fan of mackerel. I worked for a while as a sea mammal trainer
>> and started my work day cutting up hundreds of pounds of the Spanish
>> Mackerel to feed to the critters.* If I walk into a fish store and there
>> is mackerel I can smell it over the other aromas.
>>

>>> When I drain the canned salmon I do pick out the bones.* It's easy
>>> enough to do with a fork.* But I don't freak out over it if there are
>>> a few of the very soft bones still in there when I mash the salmon.
>>> Pick those out with a fork, too.

>> My mother used to remove them but when I was a teen I learned from a
>> friend that the do not need to be removed, that you can just press them
>> lightly with a fork and they disintegrate.
>>

>>> The recipe is very tasty even without the crushed corn chips.
>>> Normally I just use a little flour to help bind the mixture together
>>> with the egg and minced onion, sometimes minced bell pepper, salt &
>>> pepper.* The sour cream if I have some or mayonnaise if I don't.* I
>>> usually don't have sour cream so I use mayo.* Either way, they're
>>> quite tasty.
>>>

>> Salmon patties should be on my to cook list. I love salmon. I consider
>> canned salmon to be a different but similarly good thing.
>>

>I'm not trying to push salmon patties on anyone. Like them, don't like
>them.

But you don't extend that noble attitude to the humble mackerel patty.
Like those and you're trailer trash.

>All I did was post about what I made for dinner and how I made
>them. Terribly sorry it was about *food* and *cooking*. I've got no
>idea why it led to a discussionabout whether or not I steam or lightly
>salt anything. Note: I didn't steam the salmon patties. LOL Might as
>well complain about the oil I use to pan fry them. Or pan frying, for
>that matter. Heh.

Do you oil the pan lightly before you fry the patties?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/12/2019 9:04 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2019-05-12 6:42 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>

>> When I drain the canned salmon I do pick out the bones.Â* It's easy
>> enough to do with a fork.

> Then I eat them!! Even as a child I thought the texture of these little
> morsels were worth seeking out:-)

I never really thought about them. Mom's recipe said to pick out the
small round bones so I did. But I don't freak out if there are a few
left in. They're so very soft when they are mashed I never really
notice. Extra calcium, actually! Gary just wants to pick on me today.
I don't really care what he thinks about what I cook and eat. I love
salmon patties.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 7:17:47 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-05-12 5:07 p.m., wrote:
>
> > I've had pea soup and it IS disgusting.
> >

> I make pea soup and it is delicious.

I will not protest if you eat my portion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 May 2019 21:28:42 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/12/2019 9:04 PM, graham wrote:
>> On 2019-05-12 6:42 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>>

>>> When I drain the canned salmon I do pick out the bones.* It's easy
>>> enough to do with a fork.

>> Then I eat them!! Even as a child I thought the texture of these little
>> morsels were worth seeking out:-)

>I never really thought about them. Mom's recipe said to pick out the
>small round bones so I did. But I don't freak out if there are a few
>left in. They're so very soft when they are mashed I never really
>notice. Extra calcium, actually! Gary just wants to pick on me today.
>I don't really care what he thinks about what I cook and eat. I love
>salmon patties.
>
>Jill

Tell Gary that there are no bones in Big Macs... it's 100% Mystery
Meat... likely not even meat, more at mystery compost. I seriously
doubt that Gary has ever eaten real beef.
I only once bought a golden arches burger for 19¢. took one taste,
spit it out and tossed the rest in the trash... never did it again.
Nowadays I can buy top round at $3.99 /lb, USDA Choice, trim and grind
it myself... 1/4 pounders at at about $1 each... but no mystery meat,
I know exactly what/who is in it. We prefer 12 oz burgers.
Unfortunately just like there are no more Jewish delis there are no
more Jewish bakeries either, or I'd prefer my burger on a real onion
roll. There are no more real Kaiser rolls either, now they are all
machine made and not at all crusty, they are like a McDs burger bun,
mushy soft and tasteless, and undersized. A real Kaiser roll could
easily accomodate a 12 ounce burger. A real Kaiser roll could easily
accomodate a Double DD burger.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/12/2019 3:30 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>>> At least SHE can cook and a variety of foods at that.

>> So can I!

> Really? Then how come most of what we hear about you cooking involves
> some sort of Tex-Mex, beans, beans, more beans, and brown rice? BTW,
> there's nothing wrong with steamed vegetables but I also roast, stir-fry
> and grill them. And unlike you, I don't seem to have problems finding
> *good* fresh vegetables.
>
> Jill

You keep saying Tex Mex. I never said that.

I make what *we* like to eat. I made steaks tonight for the gardener. I
don't eat steak. Can't digest it. That's fine as I don't like it. There is
leftover Pad Thai. I did purchase the brown rice noodles. The rest is from
scratch. I don't like that either. Actually never had it because...eggs, but
it doesn't appeal to me.

Recent posts have been of stew, bread, soft pretzels. I also made pasta with
red sauce and Italian cheeses, Italian seasoned chicken breasts, walnut
crusted chicken breasts, a cheese ball... The list goes on and on.

Beans are my favorite food. Always have been. I happen not to like steamed
vegetables at all. I think are tamales and hum bow are the only steamed
things I do like.

I believe that you live in a warm climate where you can likely grow most
produce year round. I don't. So far celery has been the only problem and
that has been confirmed. It's not just here.

Get over yourself. You seem to think you're superior. You're not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I love cooking and I'm good at it. No one has ever refused to
>> eat anything I've cooked.

> Maybe because no one but you ever eat anything that you cook?

*High five*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"GM" > wrote in message
> Gary wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>> >
>> > I love cooking and I'm good at it. No one has ever refused to
>> > eat anything I've cooked.

>> Maybe because no one but you ever eat anything that you cook?

> Lol...see my above comment, Gary...does Jill lack *any* sense of irony
> whatsover, one has to wonder...???
>
> ;-)
>
> And Jill is *constantly* sniping "I don't like that..." to posters here,
> and most of her such comments are simply "unprompted", too...Jill is "rfc
> Hypocrite #1"...

Yep, yep, yep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> Excuse me? I'm not the one who claimed to be a Princess. Look back at
> Julie's history and see where she declares herself to be one. Living over
> a ballet studio and having delusions of grandeur doesn't count.

I never lived above a ballet studio. I lived above Jay and Lynn's dance
studio. They taught ballroom. Not sure what happened to Lynn. Here's Jay's
current studio.

http://jays-dance-experience.com/

I have confirmed that it is him because I saw a pic of him under images. Not
on his website.

The old building is now a Walgreens but it was very near his current
location.

As for the Princess thing... Yep. I am a Princess and I deserve to be
treated as such. I say that all the time because it's true.