Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight (1/15/2018) Salmon Patties

Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and <gasp)
a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream I'd have
used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along with S&P
and some dried chopped parsley.

Raw into the frying pan:

https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg

Turned the patties over, nicely browned.

https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg

Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg

Delicious!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
> <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream
> I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along
> with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
>
> Raw into the frying pan:
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>
> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>
> Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>
> Delicious!
>
> Jill

Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 18:50:11 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and <gasp)
>a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream I'd have
>used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along with S&P
>and some dried chopped parsley.
>
>Raw into the frying pan:
>
>https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>
>Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>
>https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>
>Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
>but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>
>https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>
>Delicious!
>
>Jill

I think they look very good. Are you sure you don't put a dill sauce
on them? ;-)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and <gasp)
>a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream I'd have
>used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along with S&P
>and some dried chopped parsley.
>
>Raw into the frying pan:
>
>https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>
>Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>
>https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>
>Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
>but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>
>https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>
>Delicious!

Looks very good to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 7:39 PM, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
>> <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream
>> I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along
>> with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
>>
>> Raw into the frying pan:
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>>
>> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>>
>> Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
>> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>>
>> Delicious!
>>
>> Jill

> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

You may have my serving of rice. I'm just not a big fan of it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 8:13 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 18:50:11 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and <gasp)
>> a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream I'd have
>> used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along with S&P
>> and some dried chopped parsley.
>>
>> Raw into the frying pan:
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>>
>> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>>
>> Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
>> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>>
>> Delicious!
>>
>> Jill

> I think they look very good. Are you sure you don't put a dill sauce
> on them? ;-)
> Janet US

Thanks! No dill cream sauce although I think that would be nice. I
don't have any cream.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and <gasp) a
> dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream I'd have used
> that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along with S&P and some
> dried chopped parsley.
>
> Raw into the frying pan:
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>
> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>
> Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate but
> it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>
> Delicious!
>
> Jill

I made chicken and noodles. Not sure the name of the pasta. Got it at Fred
Meyer and although tubular, it is shaped like a spiral. Very thick and
tasty. I put celery and carrots in it. The others also have potato rolls and
butter and fruit cocktail.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:40:04 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
> > <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream
> > I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along
> > with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
> >
> > Raw into the frying pan:
> >
> > https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
> >
> > Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
> >
> > https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
> >
> > Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
> > but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
> >
> > https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
> >
> > Delicious!
> >
> > Jill

> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
she plated.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:40:04 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
>>> <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream
>>> I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along
>>> with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
>>>
>>> Raw into the frying pan:
>>>
>>> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>>>
>>> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>>>
>>> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>>>
>>> Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
>>> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>>>
>>> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>>>
>>> Delicious!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

> I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
> she plated.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I cooked more squash than that and ate it, too! I am just not a huge
fan of rice. In another thread Carol said she buys rice in 25 pound
bags. That would last me a lifetime! I made red beans & rice last week
and it was the first time I'd eaten rice in about 6 months.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:07:49 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

> > I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
> > she plated.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I cooked more squash than that and ate it, too! I am just not a huge
> fan of rice. In another thread Carol said she buys rice in 25 pound
> bags. That would last me a lifetime! I made red beans & rice last week
> and it was the first time I'd eaten rice in about 6 months.
>
> Jill

My husband loves rice. Quite often when he has rice, I have bread.

I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound bags.
That's a few months' worth of rice for us.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-16 10:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound bags.
> That's a few months' worth of rice for us.

Probably 6 months for us.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 10:12 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-01-16 10:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound bags.
>> That's a few months' worth of rice for us.
>>

> Probably 6 months for us.

Maybe because I ate a lot of rice as a child I'm just not a big fan of
rice. It's definitely not something I stock up on, although it does
store well. Just checked the pantry, I have a half a pound of rice from
when I made the red beans & rice. I think I brought it with me 10 years
ago. That's one thing rice is good for, long term storage.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/15/2018 11:05 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
>> <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise.Â* If I'd had some sour cream
>> I'd have used that.Â* I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along
>> with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
>>
>> Raw into the frying pan:
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>>
>> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>>
>> Delicious dinner with yellow squash.Â* Doesn't look great on the plate
>> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>>
>> Delicious!
>>
>> Jill

> I made chicken and noodles. Not sure the name of the pasta.

Spiral.

Yay.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:07:49 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

> > I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
> > she plated.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I cooked more squash than that and ate it, too! I am just not a huge
> fan of rice. In another thread Carol said she buys rice in 25 pound
> bags. That would last me a lifetime! I made red beans & rice last week
> and it was the first time I'd eaten rice in about 6 months.
>
> Jill

My husband loves rice. Quite often when he has rice, I have bread.

I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound bags.
That's a few months' worth of rice for us.

Cindy Hamilton

==

D likes it and for later in the week he has asked for mushroom risotto.
What a labour of love that is ... 20 mins stirring LOL

I keep several types of rice in for him, but especially Arborio for his
risotto

Posted to rec.food.cooking

They look really good. I usually put some mashed potatoes on the plate so I can combine the two in
one bite. I also usually have some green beans or broccoli alongside. It's all good.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-16 10:32 AM, McQueen wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 10:12 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> Maybe because I ate a lot of rice as a child I'm just not a big fan of
> rice.Â* It's definitely not something I stock up on, although it does
> store well.Â* Just checked the pantry, I have a half a pound of rice from
> when I made the red beans & rice.Â* I think I brought it with me 10 years
> ago.Â* That's one thing rice is good for, long term storage.

My wife does the low carb thing, so even when we have rice she eats very
little of it. I usually make a curry with leftover lamb, and I have a
Thai chicken and coconut milk curry recipe, and those are the only two
things that I normally eat rice with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 9:11 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> My wife does the low carb thing,

Then how does she tolerate a bloated bag of starch like you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 3:50:27 PM UTC-8, Jill McQuown wrote:
> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and <gasp)
> a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream I'd have
> used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along with S&P
> and some dried chopped parsley.
>
> Raw into the frying pan:
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>
> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>
> Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>
> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>
> Delicious!
>
> Jill

I love salmon patties. I haven't made them in quite a while. Thanks for the reminder.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 03:07:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:40:04 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
>> > <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream
>> > I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along
>> > with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
>> >
>> > Raw into the frying pan:
>> >
>> > https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>> >
>> > Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>> >
>> > https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>> >
>> > Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
>> > but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>> >
>> > https://s13.postimg.or fe387uiv/plated.jpg
>> >
>> > Delicious!
>> >
>> > Jill

>> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

>I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
>she plated.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Could have used a glass of vino.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 1:59 PM, wrote:
> Could have used a glass of vino.

https://imgur.com/a/Z98rk LOL!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:34:02 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/15/2018 11:05 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
>>> <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise.* If I'd had some sour cream
>>> I'd have used that.* I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along
>>> with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
>>>
>>> Raw into the frying pan:
>>>
>>> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>>>
>>> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>>>
>>> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>>>
>>> Delicious dinner with yellow squash.* Doesn't look great on the plate
>>> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>>>
>>> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>>>
>>> Delicious!
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I made chicken and noodles. Not sure the name of the pasta.

>Spiral.
>
>Yay.
>
>Jill

To me 'noodles' means egg noodles, otherwise it's pasta, and never the
twain shall meet except on the twax.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 12:03 PM, Casa de Haoles wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 1:59 PM, wrote:
>> Could have used a glass of vino.

https://imgur.com/a/Z98rkÂ* LOL!

https://media.giphy.com/media/OoNAaGANyDUT6/giphy.gif
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 10:12 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-01-16 10:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound
>>> bags.
>>> That's a few months' worth of rice for us.
>>>

>> Probably 6 months for us.

> Maybe because I ate a lot of rice as a child I'm just not a big fan of
> rice. It's definitely not something I stock up on, although it does
> store well. Just checked the pantry, I have a half a pound of rice from
> when I made the red beans & rice. I think I brought it with me 10 years
> ago. That's one thing rice is good for, long term storage.
>
> Jill

I like rice, but no more than 2 times a week. I never had rice much when
growing up, and I never had to eat it in prison camps. One uncle was a
prisoner in Korea, and he wanted nothing to do with rice or fish. I bet
they gave him poor watery rice with fish heads for flavoring.

I use a brand of jasmine rice from Thailand, (imperial dragon I think).
It's the best I have been able to find at walmart, as there are not many
other stores here, just a couple of mom and pop outfits.

I get it in the 5 Lb size, about once or twice a year. Rice is indeed
very good for long storage, better than corn, wheat, etc. But I would be
suspect of ten year old product. Rice has such a mild taste, you might
not notice when it has gone "off" a tad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 16:56:27 -0600, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:

>>> Probably 6 months for us.

>> Maybe because I ate a lot of rice as a child I'm just not a big fan of
>> rice. It's definitely not something I stock up on, although it does
>> store well. Just checked the pantry, I have a half a pound of rice from
>> when I made the red beans & rice. I think I brought it with me 10 years
>> ago. That's one thing rice is good for, long term storage.
>>
>> Jill

>I like rice, but no more than 2 times a week.

And only if it's been caught swimming upstream! Also, not on
Wednesdays!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 03:07:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg

>>> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

>> I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
>> she plated.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Could have used a glass of vino.

Nah, that's Dago stuff Popeye! Yoose knows dat everybody with any sense
drinks only Crystal Palace.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 12:02 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 3:50:27 PM UTC-8, Jill McQuown wrote:
>> Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and <gasp)
>> a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour cream I'd have
>> used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the mix along with S&P
>> and some dried chopped parsley.
>>
>> Raw into the frying pan:
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
>>
>> Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
>>
>> Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the plate
>> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
>>
>> https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
>>
>> Delicious!
>>
>> Jill

> I love salmon patties. I haven't made them in quite a while. Thanks for the reminder.

You're welcome. It's such an easy thing, I don't know why I don't
make them more often.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:32:10 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Nah, that's Dago stuff Popeye! Yoose knows dat everybody with any sense
> drinks only Crystal Palace.

Racial slurs aren't used much on this rock so I never knew that "dago" was a derogatory term. We had a friend named Dago in high school. I think his real name was "Robert." In our HS yearbook, he's listed as Dago. Nobody said a thing about it.

It was only years later when we found out about this. I met him years later. He was carrying a guitar and said he was the pastor of his own church. I hesitated to call him Dago. The next time I see him, I'm going to ask him "what was up with that name?"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 5:15 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:32:10 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> Nah, that's Dago stuff Popeye! Yoose knows dat everybody with any sense
>> drinks only Crystal Palace.

> Racial slurs aren't used much on this rock so I never knew that "dago" was a derogatory term.

Is that why the SPLC has a page on your rock?

Is Haole not a racist slur?

Are you going to backfill this trench indefinitely?

I think I authoritatively showed that racism on your rock is a big thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 2:30:00 PM UTC-10, Casa de Haoles wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 5:15 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:32:10 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
> >
> >> Nah, that's Dago stuff Popeye! Yoose knows dat everybody with any sense
> >> drinks only Crystal Palace.

> > Racial slurs aren't used much on this rock so I never knew that "dago" was a derogatory term.

> Is that why the SPLC has a page on your rock?
>
> Is Haole not a racist slur?
>
> Are you going to backfill this trench indefinitely?
>
> I think I authoritatively showed that racism on your rock is a big thing.

I'm sorry, I will no longer be talking about race or culture on this newsgroup any longer. I swear on my mother's grave and my grandchildren that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made this day. Thank you very much.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 5:32 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 2:30:00 PM UTC-10, Casa de Haoles wrote:

>>> Racial slurs aren't used much on this rock so I never knew that "dago" was a derogatory term.

>> Is that why the SPLC has a page on your rock?
>>
>> Is Haole not a racist slur?
>>
>> Are you going to backfill this trench indefinitely?
>>
>> I think I authoritatively showed that racism on your rock is a big thing.

> I'm sorry, I will no longer be talking about race or culture on this newsgroup any longer. I swear on my mother's grave and my grandchildren that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made this day. Thank you very much.

I want to believe that there is iron in your words, Two Bears.

But I fear I may be wearing an Arrow shirt...

;-0

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2018 2:06 PM, wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:34:02 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg

>>> I made chicken and noodles. Not sure the name of the pasta.

>> Spiral.
>>
>> Yay.
>>
>> Jill

> To me 'noodles' means egg noodles, otherwise it's pasta, and never the
> twain shall meet except on the twax.

Noodles to me are egg noodles, sure. But it's all still pasta. I think
she was talking about rotini. Who cares? I posted about salmon
patties. I don't really care what she cooked for her gardener.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 7:40:04 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
> > > <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour
> > > cream I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the
> > > mix along with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
> > >
> > > Raw into the frying pan:
> > >
> > > https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
> > >
> > > Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
> > >
> > > https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
> > >
> > > Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the
> > > plate but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
> > >
> > > https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
> > >
> > > Delicious!
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Looks good but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

> I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
> she plated.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Agreed! I'm just more greedy for veggies! Or a starch. Humm, happy
with the portions she had. It's possible she had a small salad with it
(not in the picture).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/16/2018 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

> > I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
> > she plated.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I cooked more squash than that and ate it, too! I am just not a huge
> fan of rice. In another thread Carol said she buys rice in 25 pound
> bags. That would last me a lifetime! I made red beans & rice last
> week and it was the first time I'd eaten rice in about 6 months.
>
> Jill

LOL! Ok! I was just thinking I'd still be hungry, not that I am a
massive eater at all.

You probably have other starch types you eat more of than us so
balances out with our rice loads.

For rice, it's probably obvious we eat more than most here (perhaps all
here?). We go through close to 10lbs a month on average for the 3 of
us. Thats about 5oz a day for 3 people (precooked weight). 1.7oz each?

Very roughly, 2oz dry rice is 1 cup cooked.

Works like this: Lunch or dinner most days will have 3/4 cup each.
Plenty of days have 1/2c with lunch and 3/4 at dinner to make up for
the rice-free days. Other days will have seasoned rice balls. It also
gets used in many things like meat loaf. Then on weekends, I get fancy
and make congee/juk/Japanese rice porridge often enough for a latish
breakfast.

So crazy as it sounds, yes, 10lbs dried rice a month here makes a 25lb
sack a sensible cost reduction bulk for our primary calrose type.
Reality though is it is balanced with a use of sweet sushi and Jasmine
long grain types here so that's closer to a 3 month load.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:07:49 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:

> cream >>>> I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to
> the mix along >>>> with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.

> plate >>>> but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

> >> I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
> >> she plated.
> > >
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> > >

> > I cooked more squash than that and ate it, too! I am just not a
> > huge fan of rice. In another thread Carol said she buys rice in 25
> > pound bags. That would last me a lifetime! I made red beans &
> > rice last week and it was the first time I'd eaten rice in about 6
> > months.
> >
> > Jill

> My husband loves rice. Quite often when he has rice, I have bread.
>
> I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound
> bags. That's a few months' worth of rice for us.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> ==
>
> D likes it and for later in the week he has asked for mushroom
> risotto. What a labour of love that is ... 20 mins stirring LOL
>
> I keep several types of rice in for him, but especially Arborio for
> his risotto

Love to see your recipe for that! Yes, unlike Congee, it's a stir type
from what I have seen.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> > Yes, I used egg as a binder along with about 1/4 cup of flour and
> > <gasp) a dollop of prepared mayonnaise. If I'd had some sour
> > cream I'd have used that. I added minced onion and garlic to the
> > mix along with S&P and some dried chopped parsley.
> >
> > Raw into the frying pan:
> >
> > https://s13.postimg.org/7c67shu7b/raw.jpg
> >
> > Turned the patties over, nicely browned.
> >
> > https://s13.postimg.org/uqe74gepj/turned.jpg
> >
> > Delicious dinner with yellow squash. Doesn't look great on the
> > plate but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
> >
> > https://s13.postimg.org/efe387uiv/plated.jpg
> >
> > Delicious!
> >
> > Jill

> I made chicken and noodles. Not sure the name of the pasta. Got it at
> Fred Meyer and although tubular, it is shaped like a spiral. Very
> thick and tasty. I put celery and carrots in it. The others also have
> potato rolls and butter and fruit cocktail.

I seem to find a name for an actual tubular (has a hole all te way
through) like that. Might be called Drelli?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" wrote in message news
jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 10:12 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2018-01-16 10:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound
>>> bags.
>>> That's a few months' worth of rice for us.
>>>

>> Probably 6 months for us.

> Maybe because I ate a lot of rice as a child I'm just not a big fan of
> rice. It's definitely not something I stock up on, although it does
> store well. Just checked the pantry, I have a half a pound of rice from
> when I made the red beans & rice. I think I brought it with me 10 years
> ago. That's one thing rice is good for, long term storage.
>
> Jill

I like rice, but no more than 2 times a week. I never had rice much when
growing up, and I never had to eat it in prison camps. One uncle was a
prisoner in Korea, and he wanted nothing to do with rice or fish. I bet
they gave him poor watery rice with fish heads for flavoring.

I use a brand of jasmine rice from Thailand, (imperial dragon I think).
It's the best I have been able to find at walmart, as there are not many
other stores here, just a couple of mom and pop outfits.

I get it in the 5 Lb size, about once or twice a year. Rice is indeed
very good for long storage, better than corn, wheat, etc. But I would be
suspect of ten year old product. Rice has such a mild taste, you might
not notice when it has gone "off" a tad.
==

Rice goes off??? Ahh I take it you don't mean dried rice??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:32:10 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Nah, that's Dago stuff Popeye! Yoose knows dat everybody with any sense
> drinks only Crystal Palace.

Racial slurs aren't used much on this rock so I never knew that "dago" was a
derogatory term. We had a friend named Dago in high school. I think his
real name was "Robert." In our HS yearbook, he's listed as Dago. Nobody said
a thing about it.

It was only years later when we found out about this. I met him years later.
He was carrying a guitar and said he was the pastor of his own church. I
hesitated to call him Dago. The next time I see him, I'm going to ask him
"what was up with that name?"

==

I am surprised nobody is calling 'racist' (((

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Haoles" wrote in message news
On 1/16/2018 5:15 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 1:32:10 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> Nah, that's Dago stuff Popeye! Yoose knows dat everybody with any sense
>> drinks only Crystal Palace.

> Racial slurs aren't used much on this rock so I never knew that "dago" was
> a derogatory term.

Is that why the SPLC has a page on your rock?

Is Haole not a racist slur?

Are you going to backfill this trench indefinitely?

I think I authoritatively showed that racism on your rock is a big thing.
==

Please don't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

HMU

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+237677087028
Wickr id............miken
Email

hello we are leading suppliers of pharmaceutical product meds online we operate on daily and retails basis and very reliable and our product are 100% top quality am ready to supply on large and smaller orders and i am looking in building a strong business relationship with potential client around the world i do world wide delivery and delivery is guarantee.
see price list offer and pm me or you can get me on whatsapp

FOR ZOLPICLONE 7.5MG SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

FOR DIAZEPAM SHALINA BRAND
diazepam 10mg 500pills £100
diazepam 10mg 300pills £70
diazepam 10mg 1000pills £150
diazepam 10mg 5000pills £350
diazepam 5mg 1000pills £120
diazepam 5mg 5000pills £300
diazepam 5mg 10000pills £500
diazepam 10mg 10000pills £700

FOR ROCHE DIAZEPAMS 10MG SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

TEVA 10MG DIAZEPAMS SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs...........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs.......................£850
15000 tabs.......................£1200
25000 tabs.......................£1500
ketamine £20 each vial/1g
ketamine powder each gram £25

FOR TRAMADOL APPLE FLAVOUR
tramadol 50mg 250pills £80
tramadol 100mg 300pills £90
tramadol 225mg 300pills £120
tramadol 50mg 500pills £130
tramadol 100mg 500pills £140
tramadol 250mg 500pills £150
tramadol 50mg 1000pills £200
tramadol 100mg 1000pills £220
tramadol 250mg 1000pills £250

FOR TRAMADOL BULK ORDER
tramadol 50mg 5000pills £450
tramadol 100mg 5000pills £550
tramadol 250mg 5000pills £700

i also have my delivery records all around the worlds and i providedated pictures with buyers name and my name CALL US OR TEXT ....+17546663823 email for detailsi supply more than the quantity listed,i give additional discount to more larger ordersi look forward in doing great business with reliable buyersthanks email for details kushpharma35

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+237677087028
Wickr id............budsman35
Email :
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Mushroom risotto

"cshenk" wrote in message

Ophelia wrote:

> D likes it and for later in the week he has asked for mushroom
> risotto. What a labour of love that is ... 20 mins stirring LOL
>
> I keep several types of rice in for him, but especially Arborio for
> his risotto

Love to see your recipe for that! Yes, unlike Congee, it's a stir type
from what I have seen.

==

Mushroom Risotto Recipe

1 1/2 cups arborio rice
2 pints chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1 medium shallot, chopped (about ½ cup)
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
4 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
Salt, to taste

Heat the stock to a simmer then lower the heat so that the stock just stays
hot.

Melt 1 Tbsp of the butter in a saute pan and saute the sliced mushrooms
until they're soft. Remove from heat and set aside.

Heat the oil and 1 Tbsp of the butter. When the butter has melted, add the
chopped shallot Saute for 2-3 minutes or until it is slightly translucent.

Add the rice to the pot and stir it briskly with a wooden spoon so that the
grains are coated with the oil and melted butter. Saute for another minute
or so, until there is a slightly nutty aroma. But don't let the rice turn
brown.

Add the wine and cook while stirring, until the liquid is fully absorbed.

Add a ladle of hot stock to the rice and stir until the liquid is fully
absorbed. When the rice appears almost dry, add another ladle of stock and
repeat the process.

It's important to stir constantly, especially while the hot stock gets
absorbed, to prevent scorching, and add the next ladle as soon as the rice
is almost dry.

Continue adding ladles of hot stock and stirring the rice while the liquid
is absorbed. As it cooks, you'll see that the rice will take on a creamy
consistency as it begins to release its natural starches.

Continue adding stock, a ladle at a time, for 20-30 minutes or until the
grains are tender but still firm to the bite, without being crunchy.

When you're down to your last few ladles of stock, add the cooked mushrooms.
If you run out of stock and the risotto still isn't done, you can finish the
cooking using hot water. Just add the water as you did with the stock, a
ladle at a time, stirring while it's absorbed.

Stir in the remaining 2 Tbsp butter, the parmesan cheese, and the parsley,
and season to taste with salt.

(Risotto turns glutinous if held for too long, so you should serve it right
away. A properly cooked risotto should form a soft, creamy mound on a dinner
plate. It shouldn't run across the plate, nor should it be stiff or gluey.)