Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight Tuna Patties

I had an opened can of tuna in olive oil so I decided to make tuna
patties with it.

I mixed up the tuna with some spring onion, celery, and a small piece
of roasted jalapeno pepper and some spices. I mixed in an egg and some
soda crackers.
http://i6.tinypic.com/688azcw.jpg

The jalapeno peppers. I used the left over one from last night.
That gave the patties plenty of kick.
http://i1.tinypic.com/54bo80k.jpg

I thought the eggs looked so pretty I couldn't resist getting a
picture.
http://i3.tinypic.com/67iae4z.jpg

The patties cooking away in some butter.
http://i7.tinypic.com/508f8lv.jpg

Patties plated with Basmati rice and corn on the cob.
The corn was lousy, took one bite and threw it out for the raccoons.
The rice was light, fluffy and delicious.
http://i2.tinypic.com/5074r6b.jpg

It was a nice late night dinner.

Koko
---
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote:

> I had an opened can of tuna in olive oil so I decided to make tuna
> patties with it.
>
> I mixed up the tuna with some spring onion, celery, and a small piece
> of roasted jalapeno pepper and some spices. I mixed in an egg and some
> soda crackers.
> http://i6.tinypic.com/688azcw.jpg
>
> The jalapeno peppers. I used the left over one from last night.
> That gave the patties plenty of kick.
> http://i1.tinypic.com/54bo80k.jpg
>
> I thought the eggs looked so pretty I couldn't resist getting a
> picture.
> http://i3.tinypic.com/67iae4z.jpg
>
> The patties cooking away in some butter.
> http://i7.tinypic.com/508f8lv.jpg
>
> Patties plated with Basmati rice and corn on the cob.
> The corn was lousy, took one bite and threw it out for the raccoons.
> The rice was light, fluffy and delicious.
> http://i2.tinypic.com/5074r6b.jpg

Thanks for the post, Koko! Anymore, I'm hooked on having a Thai-inspired
cucumber salad/relish whenever I have fish patties. Here's a typical recipe
from chezpim.typepad.com:

Cucumber Ajaad
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1.5 cup thinly sliced cucumber
2 shallots, thinly sliced
ground peanuts, to taste
chili, chopped, to taste
1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)

1. heat the rice vinegar and sugar together until dissolved, add fish sauce,
let cool

2. when the vinegar syrup is cooled, add the cucumber, shallots, peanuts and
chili, toss and serve on the side with the fish cakes.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12 May 2007 01:13:02 -0500, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Koko wrote:

snip-to-my-lou

>Thanks for the post, Koko! Anymore, I'm hooked on having a Thai-inspired
>cucumber salad/relish whenever I have fish patties. Here's a typical recipe
>from chezpim.typepad.com:
>
>Cucumber Ajaad
>1/3 cup rice vinegar
>1/2 cup sugar
>1/2 tbsp fish sauce
>1.5 cup thinly sliced cucumber
>2 shallots, thinly sliced
>ground peanuts, to taste
>chili, chopped, to taste
>1 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
>
>1. heat the rice vinegar and sugar together until dissolved, add fish sauce,
>let cool
>
>2. when the vinegar syrup is cooled, add the cucumber, shallots, peanuts and
>chili, toss and serve on the side with the fish cakes.
>

>Bob

You are a prince among men. Thank you so much for the recipe, it looks
great.
Also, thanks for the blog info. I've gotten so many good recipes and
info from some.

Koko
---
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> I had an opened can of tuna in olive oil so I decided to make tuna
> patties with it.
>
> I mixed up the tuna with some spring onion, celery, and a small piece
> of roasted jalapeno pepper and some spices. I mixed in an egg and some
> soda crackers.
> http://i6.tinypic.com/688azcw.jpg
>
> The jalapeno peppers. I used the left over one from last night.
> That gave the patties plenty of kick.
> http://i1.tinypic.com/54bo80k.jpg
>
> I thought the eggs looked so pretty I couldn't resist getting a
> picture.
> http://i3.tinypic.com/67iae4z.jpg
>
> The patties cooking away in some butter.
> http://i7.tinypic.com/508f8lv.jpg
>
> Patties plated with Basmati rice and corn on the cob.
> The corn was lousy, took one bite and threw it out for the raccoons.
> The rice was light, fluffy and delicious.
> http://i2.tinypic.com/5074r6b.jpg
>
> It was a nice late night dinner.
>
> Koko

Koko,

Looks great! Too bad about the corn. Oh well.

Did the tuna patties get tartar sauce or something??

Thanks for the nice pix,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:03:47 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

> said...

snippady doo daw

>Looks great! Too bad about the corn. Oh well.
>
>Did the tuna patties get tartar sauce or something??
>
>Thanks for the nice pix,
>
>Andy

Thanks for your nice comments Andy.
No tartar sauce. It wasn't missed because of the jalapeño in the mix.

Koko
---
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:03:47 -0500, Andy <q> magnanimously proffered:

> said...
>
>> I had an opened can of tuna in olive oil so I decided to make tuna
>> patties with it.
>>
>> I mixed up the tuna with some spring onion, celery, and a small piece
>> of roasted jalapeno pepper and some spices. I mixed in an egg and some
>> soda crackers.
>> http://i6.tinypic.com/688azcw.jpg
>>
>> The jalapeno peppers. I used the left over one from last night.
>> That gave the patties plenty of kick.
>> http://i1.tinypic.com/54bo80k.jpg
>>
>> I thought the eggs looked so pretty I couldn't resist getting a
>> picture.
>> http://i3.tinypic.com/67iae4z.jpg
>>
>> The patties cooking away in some butter.
>> http://i7.tinypic.com/508f8lv.jpg
>>
>> Patties plated with Basmati rice and corn on the cob.
>> The corn was lousy, took one bite and threw it out for the raccoons.
>> The rice was light, fluffy and delicious.
>> http://i2.tinypic.com/5074r6b.jpg
>>
>> It was a nice late night dinner.
>>
>> Koko

>Koko,
>
>Looks great! Too bad about the corn. Oh well.
>
>Did the tuna patties get tartar sauce or something??
>
>Thanks for the nice pix,
>
>Andy

Not to everyone's taste, but my quick sauce for fishcakes and canned
tuna is:

A couple of teaspoons of Heinz Egg Mayonnaise .
A tablespoon of Heinz Ketchup.
Four or five tablespoons of plain unsweetened yogurt.

Mix with a small spoon and serve.

For variety, and depending on the food, I sometimes add either a
teaspoon of Dijon mustard or a teaspoon of hot horseradish sauce and
possibly a drop or three of tobacco sauce. If I've got some time up my
sleeve, finely chopped pickles can add a taste boost.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking
hc hc is offline

http:/./www.floridakeysrecipes.info

> The patties cooking away in some butter.http://i7.tinypic.com/508f8lv.jpg
>
> Patties plated with Basmati rice and corn on the cob.
> The corn was lousy, took one bite and threw it out for the raccoons.
> The rice was light, fluffy and delicious.http://i2.tinypic.com/5074r6b.jpg
>
> It was a nice late night dinner.
>
> Koko
> ---http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com
>
> "There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
> George Bernard Shaw

> This is canned tuna sir? That's a great recipe, the dish looks gorgeous. I am still getting off on how pretty the dish is with canned tuna. What a wonderful recipe =) I wish this recipe was around when I was in college. Raamen doesn't compare! Nice recipe A+++++

www.floridakeysrecipes.info

http:/./www.floridakeysrecipes.info

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:43:00 +1200, bob >
wrote:

snippage

>Not to everyone's taste, but my quick sauce for fishcakes and canned
>tuna is:
>
> A couple of teaspoons of Heinz Egg Mayonnaise .
> A tablespoon of Heinz Ketchup.
> Four or five tablespoons of plain unsweetened yogurt.
>
> Mix with a small spoon and serve.
>
>For variety, and depending on the food, I sometimes add either a
>teaspoon of Dijon mustard or a teaspoon of hot horseradish sauce and
>possibly a drop or three of tobacco sauce. If I've got some time up my
>sleeve, finely chopped pickles can add a taste boost.

Sounds like a good quick sauce to me, and it's made from things we
usually have on hand.
Thanks, recipe saved.

Koko
---
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote:
> I had an opened can of tuna in olive oil so I decided to make tuna
> patties with it.
>
> I mixed up the tuna with some spring onion, celery, and a small piece
> of roasted jalapeno pepper and some spices. I mixed in an egg and some
> soda crackers.
> http://i6.tinypic.com/688azcw.jpg
>
> The jalapeno peppers. I used the left over one from last night.
> That gave the patties plenty of kick.
> http://i1.tinypic.com/54bo80k.jpg
>
> I thought the eggs looked so pretty I couldn't resist getting a
> picture.
> http://i3.tinypic.com/67iae4z.jpg
>
> The patties cooking away in some butter.
> http://i7.tinypic.com/508f8lv.jpg
>
> Patties plated with Basmati rice and corn on the cob.
> The corn was lousy, took one bite and threw it out for the raccoons.
> The rice was light, fluffy and delicious.
> http://i2.tinypic.com/5074r6b.jpg
>
> It was a nice late night dinner.
>
> Koko

Those look really good and I've never cared for tuna (canned or otherwise!)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Sat, 12 May 2007 19:42:38 -0700, Koko magnanimously proffered:

>On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:43:00 +1200, bob >
>wrote:
>
>snippage
>>
>>Not to everyone's taste, but my quick sauce for fishcakes and canned
>>tuna is:
>>
>> A couple of teaspoons of Heinz Egg Mayonnaise .
>> A tablespoon of Heinz Ketchup.
>> Four or five tablespoons of plain unsweetened yogurt.
>>
>> Mix with a small spoon and serve.
>>
>>For variety, and depending on the food, I sometimes add either a
>>teaspoon of Dijon mustard or a teaspoon of hot horseradish sauce and
>>possibly a drop or three of tobacco sauce. If I've got some time up my
>>sleeve, finely chopped pickles can add a taste boost.

>Sounds like a good quick sauce to me, and it's made from things we
>usually have on hand.
>Thanks, recipe saved.
>
>Koko

Koko - Before you give it a try, let me doublecheck those
measurements. I think I may have underdone the Heinz Egg mayo by a
teaspoon or two.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:48:50 -0500, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>Koko wrote:
>> I had an opened can of tuna in olive oil so I decided to make tuna
>> patties with it.

snippady doo daw

>Those look really good and I've never cared for tuna (canned or otherwise!)
>
>Jill

Thanks Jill

Koko
---
http://kokoscorner.blogspot.com

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw

Ping Julie Tuna Patties no eggs Jacquie Diabetic 6 23-09-2011 05:59 AM
Tuna Patties Tara General Cooking 34 18-01-2011 10:27 PM
Tonight's dinner, tuna casserole Julie Bove Diabetic 8 11-08-2008 07:36 AM