Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sous vide yum

On 2019-04-02, ImStillMags > wrote:

> I make potato patties out of leftover mashed potatoes.

Haven't made mashed potatoes fer a couple mos. But, make hash browns
most every day. Perhaps I'll try yer recipe.

> Put in egg, chopped green onion and cheese. Brown up well and serve
> as a breakfast side with over easy eggs. Delicious.

I'll do it! Sounds good, to me.

> Haven't done leftover cauliflower mash like that yet, but that's a good idea.

Same-O. But, isn't cauliflower a wimpy veggie? I mean, no "green".

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:44:49 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> On 2019-04-02, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > I make potato patties out of leftover mashed potatoes.

> Haven't made mashed potatoes fer a couple mos. But, make hash browns
> most every day. Perhaps I'll try yer recipe.
>

> > Put in egg, chopped green onion and cheese. Brown up well and serve
> > as a breakfast side with over easy eggs. Delicious.

> I'll do it! Sounds good, to me.
>
> > Haven't done leftover cauliflower mash like that yet, but that's a good idea.

> Same-O. But, isn't cauliflower a wimpy veggie? I mean, no "green".
>
> nb

Potatoes are not very flavorful, either, yet people love them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 5:54:17 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:44:49 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:
> > On 2019-04-02, ImStillMags > wrote:
> >
> > > I make potato patties out of leftover mashed potatoes.

> > Haven't made mashed potatoes fer a couple mos. But, make hash browns
> > most every day. Perhaps I'll try yer recipe.
> >

> > > Put in egg, chopped green onion and cheese. Brown up well and serve
> > > as a breakfast side with over easy eggs. Delicious.

> > I'll do it! Sounds good, to me.
> >
> > > Haven't done leftover cauliflower mash like that yet, but that's a good idea.

> > Same-O. But, isn't cauliflower a wimpy veggie? I mean, no "green".
> >
> > nb

> Potatoes are not very flavorful, either, yet people love them.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

potatoes need to be kicked up a notch sometimes. i like boiled buttered potatoes. as well as many other styles. they may not be the most flavorful food around, but they're good. mashed, fried, home fries, hash browns, roesti, potatoes paprikash, potatoes with onions and mushrooms, french fries, ah c'mon. they are terrific! baked and roast potatoes, riced potatoes, potatoes in sausages(don't underestimate that, that makes a real good wonderfully textured and flavoured sausage), potato bread, potato strudel(yes, my godfather used to like that; didn't turn me on though), anna potatoes, duchesse potatoes,, smashed, etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:32:15 PM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 5:54:17 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > Haven't made mashed potatoes fer a couple mos. But, make hash browns
> > > most every day. Perhaps I'll try yer recipe.

> > > I'll do it! Sounds good, to me.

> > > Same-O. But, isn't cauliflower a wimpy veggie? I mean, no "green".
> > >
> > > nb

> > Potatoes are not very flavorful, either, yet people love them.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> potatoes need to be kicked up a notch sometimes. i like boiled buttered potatoes. as well as many other styles. they may not be the most flavorful food around, but they're good. mashed, fried, home fries, hash browns, roesti, potatoes paprikash, potatoes with onions and mushrooms, french fries, ah c'mon. they are terrific! baked and roast potatoes, riced potatoes, potatoes in sausages(don't underestimate that, that makes a real good wonderfully textured and flavoured sausage), potato bread, potato strudel(yes, my godfather used to like that; didn't turn me on though), anna potatoes, duchesse potatoes,, smashed, etc.

Cauliflower is much the same. I like it curried, roasted,
tabouli-style, pickled, mixed with spaghetti sauce, etc.
I never eat it plain.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:52:41 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:32:15 PM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:

> > > Potatoes are not very flavorful, either, yet people love them.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > potatoes need to be kicked up a notch sometimes. i like boiled buttered potatoes. as well as many other styles. they may not be the most flavorful food around, but they're good. mashed, fried, home fries, hash browns, roesti, potatoes paprikash, potatoes with onions and mushrooms, french fries, ah c'mon. they are terrific! baked and roast potatoes, riced potatoes, potatoes in sausages(don't underestimate that, that makes a real good wonderfully textured and flavoured sausage), potato bread, potato strudel(yes, my godfather used to like that; didn't turn me on though), anna potatoes, duchesse potatoes,, smashed, etc.

> Cauliflower is much the same. I like it curried, roasted,
> tabouli-style, pickled, mixed with spaghetti sauce, etc.
> I never eat it plain.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

the first time i'd ever had boiled potatoes with skin on was when i worked in tobacco as a kid. the french canadians working there would eat the potatoes with skins on. i'd never heard of such a thing. but i grew to like them like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:52:41 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:32:15 PM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:

> > > Potatoes are not very flavorful, either, yet people love them.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > potatoes need to be kicked up a notch sometimes. i like boiled buttered potatoes. as well as many other styles. they may not be the most flavorful food around, but they're good. mashed, fried, home fries, hash browns, roesti, potatoes paprikash, potatoes with onions and mushrooms, french fries, ah c'mon. they are terrific! baked and roast potatoes, riced potatoes, potatoes in sausages(don't underestimate that, that makes a real good wonderfully textured and flavoured sausage), potato bread, potato strudel(yes, my godfather used to like that; didn't turn me on though), anna potatoes, duchesse potatoes,, smashed, etc.

> Cauliflower is much the same. I like it curried, roasted,
> tabouli-style, pickled, mixed with spaghetti sauce, etc.
> I never eat it plain.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

sounds great. my mum makes cauliflower in two ways. either simmered and then topped with breadcrumbs and sour cream, or breaded and fried. i love it breaded and fried.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 6:56:12 PM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:52:41 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > potatoes need to be kicked up a notch sometimes. i like boiled buttered potatoes. as well as many other styles. they may not be the most flavorful food around, but they're good. mashed, fried, home fries, hash browns, roesti, potatoes paprikash, potatoes with onions and mushrooms, french fries, ah c'mon. they are terrific! baked and roast potatoes, riced potatoes, potatoes in sausages(don't underestimate that, that makes a real good wonderfully textured and flavoured sausage), potato bread, potato strudel(yes, my godfather used to like that; didn't turn me on though), anna potatoes, duchesse potatoes,, smashed, etc.

> > Cauliflower is much the same. I like it curried, roasted,
> > tabouli-style, pickled, mixed with spaghetti sauce, etc.
> > I never eat it plain.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> sounds great. my mum makes cauliflower in two ways. either simmered and then topped with breadcrumbs and sour cream, or breaded and fried. i love it breaded and fried.

Anything fried is YUM!! You could take an old stinky kayaking bootie and slice it up thin, bread it and fry it and people would go YUM! Kinda chewy!

Calamari?

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and So Much More!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:56:09 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 12:52:41 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > potatoes need to be kicked up a notch sometimes. i like boiled buttered potatoes. as well as many other styles. they may not be the most flavorful food around, but they're good. mashed, fried, home fries, hash browns, roesti, potatoes paprikash, potatoes with onions and mushrooms, french fries, ah c'mon. they are terrific! baked and roast potatoes, riced potatoes, potatoes in sausages(don't underestimate that, that makes a real good wonderfully textured and flavoured sausage), potato bread, potato strudel(yes, my godfather used to like that; didn't turn me on though), anna potatoes, duchesse potatoes,, smashed, etc.

>> Cauliflower is much the same. I like it curried, roasted,
>> tabouli-style, pickled, mixed with spaghetti sauce, etc.
>> I never eat it plain.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>sounds great. my mum makes cauliflower in two ways. either simmered and then topped with breadcrumbs and sour cream, or breaded and fried. i love it breaded and fried.

My favorite way o eat cauliflower is raw, flowerettes seprated. stems
sliced thinly, and tossed with olive oil, fresh lemon juice, some
fresh herbs, minced curly leaf parsley works for me, salt and pepper.