Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default not so nacho, nacho salad...

I have previously posted the recipes for the individual items I am
about to list....

I made a salad with lettuce carrots (cut into match sticks and steamed
in the micro) chopped some tomatoes, added some of the frozen chili I
previously listed, used the thousand island dressing previously
listed, and crumbled up some tortilla chips.

It was good. Damn good. but I must say the best part was the chili, it
really added a lot of flavor to the salad.
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> I have previously posted the recipes for the individual items I am
> about to list....
>

> I made a salad with lettuce carrots (cut into match sticks and steamed
> in the micro) chopped some tomatoes, added some of the frozen chili I
> previously listed, used the thousand island dressing previously
> listed, and crumbled up some tortilla chips.
>
> It was good. Damn good. but I must say the best part was the chili, it
> really added a lot of flavor to the salad.

You should entitle that puke - inducing swill* "Inbred's Delight"...and I bet you wear your vagina backwards, too...

* https://www.dictionary.com/browse/swill

"swill[swil]

noun
liquid or partly liquid food for animals, especially kitchen refuse given to swine; hogwash.

kitchen refuse in general; garbage.

any liquid mess, waste, or refuse; slop..."

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie, I think it is common to put shredded lettuce on top tacos, so to me, putting
some on nachos isn't that different. It might be pretty good, having that cold, crispy
crunch on top of hot, cheesy, hot pepper covered tortilla chips. Or do you put
different stuff on your nachos?

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:19:01 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> On Cape Cod, they add lettuce on top of their nachos. That to me is weird.

Lettuce is very common on nachos. Why do you have to travel 3,108
miles to Cape Cod to find that strange? I found three restaurants in
Bothell, WA that serve them that way in a mere 5 seconds just from
Texas.

-sww
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> I have previously posted the recipes for the individual items I am
>> about to list....
>>
>> I made a salad with lettuce carrots (cut into match sticks and steamed
>> in the micro) chopped some tomatoes, added some of the frozen chili I
>> previously listed, used the thousand island dressing previously
>> listed, and crumbled up some tortilla chips.
>>
>> It was good. Damn good. but I must say the best part was the chili, it
>> really added a lot of flavor to the salad.

>Warm chili and cold thousand island on a garden salad isn't my
>thing. And I would use the pre-crumbled chips already at the bottom
>of the bag rather than crumbling new ones.
>
>-sw

I put hot refried beans on the bottom of the plate surrounded by whole
corn chips. I top with shredded lettuce, chopped onion, chopped
tomato, diced black olives, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream
and a splash of salsa. That way you can work from the bottom and use
your fork and load a whole chip with the goodies for eating mostly
like a taco. We call it taco salad.
Janet US.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Julie, I think it is common to put shredded lettuce on top tacos, so to
> me, putting
> some on nachos isn't that different. It might be pretty good, having that
> cold, crispy
> crunch on top of hot, cheesy, hot pepper covered tortilla chips. Or do
> you put
> different stuff on your nachos?

The problem is... It's not cold and crispy by the time you get it. It's warm
and wilted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:19:01 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> On Cape Cod, they add lettuce on top of their nachos. That to me is
>> weird.

> Lettuce is very common on nachos. Why do you have to travel 3,108
> miles to Cape Cod to find that strange? I found three restaurants in
> Bothell, WA that serve them that way in a mere 5 seconds just from
> Texas.

What restaurants? I rarely eat in Bothell but I've never had nachos in WA
with lettuce on them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:37:39 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:19:01 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> On Cape Cod, they add lettuce on top of their nachos. That to me is
>>> weird.

>> Lettuce is very common on nachos. Why do you have to travel 3,108
>> miles to Cape Cod to find that strange? I found three restaurants in
>> Bothell, WA that serve them that way in a mere 5 seconds just from
>> Texas.

> What restaurants? I rarely eat in Bothell but I've never had nachos in WA
> with lettuce on them.

As if I didn't expect that response, with one exception: I expected
"I don't LIVE in Bothell".

You can search menus in Bothell, or wherever you don't eat, really
easily. 5 seconds, like I said.

-sw

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I have previously posted the recipes for the individual items I am
>>> about to list....
>>>
>>> I made a salad with lettuce carrots (cut into match sticks and steamed
>>> in the micro) chopped some tomatoes, added some of the frozen chili I
>>> previously listed, used the thousand island dressing previously
>>> listed, and crumbled up some tortilla chips.
>>>
>>> It was good. Damn good. but I must say the best part was the chili, it
>>> really added a lot of flavor to the salad.

>>Warm chili and cold thousand island on a garden salad isn't my
>>thing. And I would use the pre-crumbled chips already at the bottom
>>of the bag rather than crumbling new ones.

> I put hot refried beans on the bottom of the plate surrounded by whole
> corn chips. I top with shredded lettuce, chopped onion, chopped
> tomato, diced black olives, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream
> and a splash of salsa. That way you can work from the bottom and use
> your fork and load a whole chip with the goodies for eating mostly
> like a taco. We call it taco salad.
> Janet US.

I do the same with leftover taco meat. The refried beans give
everything else something to stick to on the chips. But I don't put
warm saucy stuff on top of cold veggies along with TI dressing.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>>Warm chili and cold thousand island on a garden salad isn't my
>>>thing. And I would use the pre-crumbled chips already at the bottom
>>>of the bag rather than crumbling new ones.

>> I put hot refried beans on the bottom of the plate surrounded by whole
>> corn chips. I top with shredded lettuce, chopped onion, chopped
>> tomato, diced black olives, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream
>> and a splash of salsa. That way you can work from the bottom and use
>> your fork and load a whole chip with the goodies for eating mostly
>> like a taco. We call it taco salad.
>> Janet US.

>I do the same with leftover taco meat. The refried beans give
>everything else something to stick to on the chips. But I don't put
>warm saucy stuff on top of cold veggies along with TI dressing.
>
>-sw

we'll do the same with leftover taco meat. And, yes, the meat/beans
are the glue to allow other stuff to stick to the chip or fork. No
warm saucy stuff on top
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet US, I think that taco salad...what was called "Tex-Mex Dip," when it first appeared in
a magazine in the 70s, is now referred to as a "Fiesta Platter," in some venues. I love it...but
I never put the tortilla chips on the bottom (around the edge), but rather just served the chips
alongside. Mine was layered with refried beans on the bottom, followed by guacamole, sour cream
mixed with some taco flavoring, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced olives (I used green
ones because I don't like ripe ones), sliced scallions, and salsa. I usually put a dollop of the
sour cream on top. Now I think I have to make some when I can taste again...maybe a half batch,
knowing I will eat it until it's gone. ;-))

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:19:01 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>news
>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:33:34 -0500, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:

>>> I make a "taco salad" , base layer of tortilla chips with lettuce ,
>>>onions , seasoned meat , tomatoes (in season) , cheese , salsa , and
>>>sometimes some Spanish rice . I added refritos once but my wife yelled
>>>at me so ...

>> I have done that also with the chili I made but I wanted to go with
>> more of a salad instead of a taco or just fully dressed nachos. I was
>> surprised that it turned out so well...

>On Cape Cod, they add lettuce on top of their nachos. That to me is weird.

It is wonderful, nothing weird about it. Give it a try.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:36:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> Julie, I think it is common to put shredded lettuce on top tacos, so to
>> me, putting
>> some on nachos isn't that different. It might be pretty good, having that
>> cold, crispy
>> crunch on top of hot, cheesy, hot pepper covered tortilla chips. Or do
>> you put
>> different stuff on your nachos?

>The problem is... It's not cold and crispy by the time you get it. It's warm
>and wilted.

well of course if you eat the nachos 30 minutes after you make them...

nachos then meat then veggie then cheese then lettuce then sour cream
Then you eat...

Nothing wilted nothing wasted

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 08:53:17 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>wrote in message news >
>On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:33:34 -0500, Terry Coombs >
>wrote:
>
>>On 3/18/2019 5:28 PM, wrote:
>>> I have previously posted the recipes for the individual items I am
>>> about to list....
>>>

>>> I made a salad with lettuce carrots (cut into match sticks and steamed
>>> in the micro) chopped some tomatoes, added some of the frozen chili I
>>> previously listed, used the thousand island dressing previously
>>> listed, and crumbled up some tortilla chips.
>>>
>>> It was good. Damn good. but I must say the best part was the chili, it
>>> really added a lot of flavor to the salad.
>>> --
>>>

>>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>>> ~Toidi Uoy

>> I make a "taco salad" , base layer of tortilla chips with lettuce ,
>>onions , seasoned meat , tomatoes (in season) , cheese , salsa , and
>>sometimes some Spanish rice . I added refritos once but my wife yelled
>>at me so ...

>I have done that also with the chili I made but I wanted to go with
>more of a salad instead of a taco or just fully dressed nachos. I was
>surprised that it turned out so well...
>
>----
>
> Chili made with tomato sauce etc?
>
> Oh dear. I still get confused. It seems to mean so many things.

No I do not put tomatoes in my chili. I think it ruins the flavor. The
chili recipe has been posted before

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> I have previously posted the recipes for the individual items I am
>> about to list....
>>
>> I made a salad with lettuce carrots (cut into match sticks and steamed
>> in the micro) chopped some tomatoes, added some of the frozen chili I
>> previously listed, used the thousand island dressing previously
>> listed, and crumbled up some tortilla chips.
>>
>> It was good. Damn good. but I must say the best part was the chili, it
>> really added a lot of flavor to the salad.

>Warm chili and cold thousand island on a garden salad isn't my

It is not like it is an entire bowl of chili. It is like half a cup
maybe a cup. You mix it well.

>thing. And I would use the pre-crumbled chips already at the bottom
>of the bag rather than crumbling new ones.

Well that goes without saying. That's what they are there for right?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:49:41 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Julie, I think it is common to put shredded lettuce on top tacos, so to me, putting
>some on nachos isn't that different. It might be pretty good, having that cold, crispy
>crunch on top of hot, cheesy, hot pepper covered tortilla chips. Or do you put
>different stuff on your nachos?
>
>N.

Shredded iceberg is typical atop tacos. however I've eaten nachos on
both coasts and several spots beween... it never contained any
lettuce. Most places pile all the ingredients on a plate filled to
overflowing with corn chips and put it in the nuker to melt the
cheese... even the guac is heated.
https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...t=loki-keyword
There was a popular Salvordaranian restaurant on Lung Guyland called
Chicago's (had nothing to do with the windy city). they served
excellent meals and they served a giant plate of "Nachos Chicago", the
chips were a mix of three colors. We ate there often, in fact it was
where we had our first date, we shared Nachos Chicago and a liter
carafe of house red.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 08:25:30 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

>Janet US, I think that taco salad...what was called "Tex-Mex Dip," when it first appeared in
>a magazine in the 70s, is now referred to as a "Fiesta Platter," in some venues. I love it...but
>I never put the tortilla chips on the bottom (around the edge), but rather just served the chips
>alongside. Mine was layered with refried beans on the bottom, followed by guacamole, sour cream
>mixed with some taco flavoring, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced olives (I used green
>ones because I don't like ripe ones), sliced scallions, and salsa. I usually put a dollop of the
>sour cream on top. Now I think I have to make some when I can taste again...maybe a half batch,
>knowing I will eat it until it's gone. ;-))
>
>N.

I remember when that was popular. I have that recipe around
somewhere. My taco salad doesn't have that layer of beans, followed
by a layer of sour cream mix followed by guac. Mine really is a salad
on top of a mound of beans. The dish you are talking about I always
thought of as a dip.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:36:18 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> Julie, I think it is common to put shredded lettuce on top tacos, so to
>>> me, putting
>>> some on nachos isn't that different. It might be pretty good, having
>>> that
>>> cold, crispy
>>> crunch on top of hot, cheesy, hot pepper covered tortilla chips. Or do
>>> you put
>>> different stuff on your nachos?

>>The problem is... It's not cold and crispy by the time you get it. It's
>>warm
>>and wilted.

> well of course if you eat the nachos 30 minutes after you make them...
>
> nachos then meat then veggie then cheese then lettuce then sour cream
> Then you eat...
>
> Nothing wilted nothing wasted

And that's what happens when you order stuff in a restaurant. It sits. Often
under a warming light. No meat on my nachos. No sour cream either. And my
veggies go on there raw. Usually green onion, tomato and black olives. Beans
do go under the cheese.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:37:39 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> Lettuce is very common on nachos. Why do you have to travel 3,108
>>> miles to Cape Cod to find that strange? I found three restaurants in
>>> Bothell, WA that serve them that way in a mere 5 seconds just from
>>> Texas.

>> What restaurants? I rarely eat in Bothell but I've never had nachos in WA
>> with lettuce on them.

> As if I didn't expect that response, with one exception: I expected
> "I don't LIVE in Bothell".
>
> You can search menus in Bothell, or wherever you don't eat, really
> easily. 5 seconds, like I said.

I did. Only came up with Applebee's. Not a place I will go to. Have also
said countless times, I'm in unincorporated Snohomish County. My address is
Bothell. Not much of interest for me there though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:19:01 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>news

>>> I have done that also with the chili I made but I wanted to go with
>>> more of a salad instead of a taco or just fully dressed nachos. I was
>>> surprised that it turned out so well...

>>On Cape Cod, they add lettuce on top of their nachos. That to me is weird.

> It is wonderful, nothing weird about it. Give it a try.

I did. It was awful. Lettuce should be crisp. Not hot and wilted.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Janet US, I think that taco salad...what was called "Tex-Mex Dip," when it
> first appeared in
> a magazine in the 70s, is now referred to as a "Fiesta Platter," in some
> venues. I love it...but
> I never put the tortilla chips on the bottom (around the edge), but rather
> just served the chips
> alongside. Mine was layered with refried beans on the bottom, followed by
> guacamole, sour cream
> mixed with some taco flavoring, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced
> olives (I used green
> ones because I don't like ripe ones), sliced scallions, and salsa. I
> usually put a dollop of the
> sour cream on top. Now I think I have to make some when I can taste
> again...maybe a half batch,
> knowing I will eat it until it's gone. ;-))
>
> N.

That's called 7 layer dip.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:50:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 22:37:39 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> What restaurants? I rarely eat in Bothell but I've never had nachos in WA
>>> with lettuce on them.

>> As if I didn't expect that response, with one exception: I expected
>> "I don't LIVE in Bothell".
>>
>> You can search menus in Bothell, or wherever you don't eat, really
>> easily. 5 seconds, like I said.

>I did. Only came up with Applebee's. Not a place I will go to. Have also
>said countless times, I'm in unincorporated Snohomish County. My address is
>Bothell. Not much of interest for me there though.

OMG who cares about restaurants, they are disgusting.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:51:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:19:01 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

> wrote in message
>>>news >>>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:33:34 -0500, Terry Coombs >

>>>On Cape Cod, they add lettuce on top of their nachos. That to me is weird.

>> It is wonderful, nothing weird about it. Give it a try.

>I did. It was awful. Lettuce should be crisp. Not hot and wilted.

well it sounds like you had a bad experience because you chose to eat
at a restaurant, you should have sent the food back. Make your own
food.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 2:47:22 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >
> >>The problem is... It's not cold and crispy by the time you get it. It's
> >>warm
> >>and wilted.

> > well of course if you eat the nachos 30 minutes after you make them...
> >
> > nachos then meat then veggie then cheese then lettuce then sour cream
> > Then you eat...
> >
> > Nothing wilted nothing wasted

> And that's what happens when you order stuff in a restaurant. It sits. Often
> under a warming light. No meat on my nachos. No sour cream either. And my
> veggies go on there raw. Usually green onion, tomato and black olives. Beans
> do go under the cheese.

Hey dipshit! When you order a nacho, aka taco, salad it's made when you ORDER
it. It's not made then it sits under a warming light. How stupid can you be?
Wait, don't answer that, we already know the answer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message

>> > well of course if you eat the nachos 30 minutes after you make them...
>> >
>> > nachos then meat then veggie then cheese then lettuce then sour cream
>> > Then you eat...
>> >
>> > Nothing wilted nothing wasted

>> And that's what happens when you order stuff in a restaurant. It sits.
>> Often
>> under a warming light. No meat on my nachos. No sour cream either. And my
>> veggies go on there raw. Usually green onion, tomato and black olives.
>> Beans
>> do go under the cheese.
>>

> Hey dipshit! When you order a nacho, aka taco, salad it's made when you
> ORDER
> it. It's not made then it sits under a warming light. How stupid can you
> be?
> Wait, don't answer that, we already know the answer.

Nachos and tacos are not the same things. Food can sit in restaurants. The
Mexican place we normally eat at has a small staff. The owner is usually the
one who makes the food and he does bring it out right away. That being
said... Nachos are not something I ever order in a Mexican place. I will
order them at other places if there is nothing else appealing on the menu.
Restaurants like that often do not bring your food out right away. They
usually have a ledge between the kitchen and the dining area. There is often
a warming light there. I once got warm cottage cheese at such a place.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 12:51:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:19:01 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> It is wonderful, nothing weird about it. Give it a try.

>>I did. It was awful. Lettuce should be crisp. Not hot and wilted.

> well it sounds like you had a bad experience because you chose to eat
> at a restaurant, you should have sent the food back. Make your own
> food.

I do these days. When we lived there, my then husband loved going to taverns
to eat. Hence the nachos. I do make nachos at home once in a while. They're
not a favorite food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 14:34:09 -0400, wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:49:41 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:
>>
>>>Julie, I think it is common to put shredded lettuce on top tacos, so to
>>>me, putting
>>>some on nachos isn't that different. It might be pretty good, having
>>>that cold, crispy
>>>crunch on top of hot, cheesy, hot pepper covered tortilla chips. Or do
>>>you put
>>>different stuff on your nachos?
>>>
>>>N.

>>Shredded iceberg is typical atop tacos. however I've eaten nachos on
>>both coasts and several spots beween... it never contained any
>>lettuce. Most places pile all the ingredients on a plate filled to
>>overflowing with corn chips and put it in the nuker to melt the

> aww no no no, you never nuke the cheese on nachos. because it will
> cool quickly and then stiffen up. Nachos should always be served with
> a cheese sauce (recipe previously posted)

Oh hell no! I will say that I much prefer nachos made in the oven. I don't
make them that way. I do nuke them. I do not use a cheese sauce at home.

When Target had a snack bar, I would sometimes get the nachos and they did
come with a cheese sauce. Daughter and I would eat a quick 2-3 bites each
and my now ex would finish them. Same for the popcorn.

Alas, the Targets in this area did away with those snack bars and put in
Starbucks. Some do have a Pizza Hut Express. Not my thing,

Nacho Mama's Machaca [email protected] General Cooking 5 13-11-2013 02:02 AM
Nacho virgin biig General Cooking 76 07-07-2010 06:39 PM
Nacho Cheese metspitzer General Cooking 3 15-05-2008 10:06 PM
taco nacho Howard Johnson Sushi 0 24-12-2006 07:26 AM
Nacho dip without Velveeta? Josh Meyer General Cooking 14 12-06-2004 10:22 AM