Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sad news

Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
Sentinel obituary page.

I saw Garys comment this morning about
not seeing her post and decided to check it out

RIP Cheri

Nellie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2019 1:39 PM, Nellie wrote:
> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri
>
> Nellie

OMG, sad and shocking. She was one of the best regulars here.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 10:39:00 -0800 (PST), Nellie
> wrote:

>I’m sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
>Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
>Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
>Sentinel obituary page.
>
>I saw Gary’s comment this morning about
>not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
>RIP Cheri

I was hoping this came from a troll, but...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 2/14/2019 1:39 PM, Nellie wrote:
> > Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> > Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> > Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> > Sentinel obituary page.
> >
> > I saw Garys comment this morning about
> > not seeing her post and decided to check it out
> >
> > RIP Cheri
> >
> > Nellie
> >

> OMG, sad and shocking. She was one of the best regulars here.
>
> https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844

Yup...and a great sense of humor...she'll be missed.

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed wrote:

OMG, sad and shocking. She was one of the best regulars here.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844

Thanks for providing the link, Ed. I wasnt
able to do it from my phone.

Nellie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 10:39:00 -0800 (PST), Nellie
> wrote:

>I’m sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
>Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
>Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
>Sentinel obituary page.
>
>I saw Gary’s comment this morning about
>not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
>RIP Cheri
>
>Nellie

Nice person, she will be missed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 10:39:00 -0800 (PST), Nellie
> wrote:

>I’m sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
>Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
>Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
>Sentinel obituary page.
>
>I saw Gary’s comment this morning about
>not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
>RIP Cheri
>
>Nellie

she will be missed.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-14 1:39 p.m., Nellie wrote:
> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri

Sorry to hear that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2019 2:29 PM, Nellie wrote:
> Ed wrote:
>

> OMG, sad and shocking. She was one of the best regulars here.
>
> https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844
>
> Thanks for providing the link, Ed. I wasnt
> able to do it from my phone.

Thanks for letting us know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 12:39:04 PM UTC-6, Nellie wrote:

> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri
>
> Nellie

This is truly a shock to read and such sad news it is. Thanks for letting us
know and thanks to Ed, too, for posting a link of her obituary.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 10:39:00 -0800 (PST), Nellie
> wrote:

>I’m sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
>Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
>Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
>Sentinel obituary page.
>
>I saw Gary’s comment this morning about
>not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
>RIP Cheri
>
>Nellie

This is devistating news, Cheri's passing is a huge loss to RFC and to
the world. RIP
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2019 1:39 PM, Nellie wrote:
> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri

Oh, no! I was wondering where she was and remember she just got
over the flu or something.

Thank you for posting that.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

She was really a great contributor and I will miss her.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I saw her as someone who was frank, and very honest about what she thought. I
did not view any posts that seemed vindictive, so I can't, and won't, speak to that.

I will miss her contributions.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

On 2/14/2019 1:39 PM, Nellie wrote:
> Im sad to be the bearer of this sad news.
> Cheri died on Jan 30th. There is a lovely
> Obituary with nice comments from folks who knew her as well as some
> pictures at The Lodi
> Sentinel obituary page.
>
> I saw Garys comment this morning about
> not seeing her post and decided to check it out
>
> RIP Cheri

Oh, no! I was wondering where she was and remember she just got
over the flu or something.

Thank you for posting that.

nancy

==

She had actually been in hospital and she was told she needed to go back for
surgery.

She was taking time to think about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 3:50 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young"Â* wrote

> Oh, no!Â* I was wondering where she was and remember she just got
> over the flu or something.

> She had actually been in hospital and she was told she needed to go back
> for surgery.
>
> She was taking time to think about it.

There are a lot of threads I don't follow, and I know I miss a lot.
Like subjects in ALL CAPS!!!!! that go on forever so I know there's
thread drift.

Thanks for the info. I hope she didn't have a hard time, whatever
it was.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2019 at 7:48:03 AM UTC-6, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 2/15/2019 3:50 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > "Nancy Young"Â* wrote

> > Oh, no!Â* I was wondering where she was and remember she just got
> > over the flu or something.

> > She had actually been in hospital and she was told she needed to go back
> > for surgery.
> >
> > She was taking time to think about it.

> There are a lot of threads I don't follow, and I know I miss a lot.
> Like subjects in ALL CAPS!!!!! that go on forever so I know there's
> thread drift.
>
> Thanks for the info. I hope she didn't have a hard time, whatever
> it was.
>
> nancy

Exactly! To pass through that gate with as little pain and anxiety as possible I think is what we ALL HOPE!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> On 2/15/2019 3:50 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> > She had actually been in hospital and she was told she needed to go back
> > for surgery.
> > She was taking time to think about it.

> Thanks for the info. I hope she didn't have a hard time, whatever
> it was.

I remember something happened earlier and she had breathing
problems. Anyway, she wrote here right up until the day before
she died so it shocked me that she 'checked out' on Jan 30. She
wrote 2 posts here just the night before after 10pm pacific time
(Jan 29).

No mention of problems or maybe surgery the next morning but the
next day she was gone. This is just not supposed to happen but
good for her that it wasn't some lingering slow thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 9:17 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Thanks for the info. I hope she didn't have a hard time, whatever
>> it was.

> I remember something happened earlier and she had breathing
> problems. Anyway, she wrote here right up until the day before
> she died so it shocked me that she 'checked out' on Jan 30. She
> wrote 2 posts here just the night before after 10pm pacific time
> (Jan 29).

It's a shock, imagine to her family.

> No mention of problems or maybe surgery the next morning but the
> next day she was gone. This is just not supposed to happen but
> good for her that it wasn't some lingering slow thing.

Ron's been researching Medicare as he's reaching that age, so
it's been a lot of talk about days in hospital coverage, etc.
After 60 days blah blah. I said don't worry about that, if I'm
that sick I'm going home and calling it a day. Sudden or kind
of sudden has an appeal for me.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

On 2/15/2019 3:50 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young" wrote

> Oh, no! I was wondering where she was and remember she just got
> over the flu or something.

> She had actually been in hospital and she was told she needed to go back
> for surgery.
>
> She was taking time to think about it.

There are a lot of threads I don't follow, and I know I miss a lot.
Like subjects in ALL CAPS!!!!! that go on forever so I know there's
thread drift.

Thanks for the info. I hope she didn't have a hard time, whatever
it was.

nancy

==

Oh yes! So do I!

Oh and you didn't miss any of that here, we would write to each other and
she told me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 10:46 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young"Â* wrote

> There are a lot of threads I don't follow, and I know I miss a lot.
> Like subjects in ALL CAPS!!!!! that go on forever so I know there's
> thread drift.
>
> Thanks for the info.Â* I hope she didn't have a hard time, whatever
> it was.

> Oh yes!Â* So do I!
>
> Oh and you didn't miss any of that here, we would write to each other
> and she told me.

Ah, I see. I'm sorry for your loss, it must have been a shock.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> Ron's been researching Medicare as he's reaching that age, so
> it's been a lot of talk about days in hospital coverage, etc.
> After 60 days blah blah. I said don't worry about that, if I'm
> that sick I'm going home and calling it a day. Sudden or kind
> of sudden has an appeal for me.

Same with me, Nancy although we won't have that choice to decide.

I just signed up for Medicare 5 months ago (september). Part A
(hospitalization) started retro active to June but the Part B had
a 3 month wait so I didn't get that coverage until about 2 months
ago (Dec.1).

I just signed up for the basic govt. Part A and B. It's much
better coverage than I had for 15 years with my own personal
coverage with one minor. The private insurance companies are such
total crooks. I had the coverage for 15 years, paid them about
$45,000 in monthly premiums and never received one penny back
from them in all those years.

So....this supplimental Medicare insurance is just the private
companies trying not to lose customers to Medicare. If you do
decide to pay the crooks extra for supplimental, join AARP and
use their recommended insurance....seems to be the best
supplimental option.

Call (and wait on hold for 40 minutes) or use their website and
request a Medicare info booklet for your state. They explain
every option you have in good detail. It would really help your
husband make a decision. Hope that helps.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

On 2/15/2019 10:46 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young" wrote

> There are a lot of threads I don't follow, and I know I miss a lot.
> Like subjects in ALL CAPS!!!!! that go on forever so I know there's
> thread drift.
>
> Thanks for the info. I hope she didn't have a hard time, whatever
> it was.

> Oh yes! So do I!
>
> Oh and you didn't miss any of that here, we would write to each other
> and she told me.

Ah, I see. I'm sorry for your loss, it must have been a shock.
==

Thank you, but I think many here feel it too

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2019 11:24 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Ron's been researching Medicare as he's reaching that age, so
>> it's been a lot of talk about days in hospital coverage, etc.
>> After 60 days blah blah. I said don't worry about that, if I'm
>> that sick I'm going home and calling it a day. Sudden or kind
>> of sudden has an appeal for me.

> Same with me, Nancy although we won't have that choice to decide.

Well ....

> I just signed up for Medicare 5 months ago (september). Part A
> (hospitalization) started retro active to June but the Part B had
> a 3 month wait so I didn't get that coverage until about 2 months
> ago (Dec.1).
>
> I just signed up for the basic govt. Part A and B. It's much
> better coverage than I had for 15 years with my own personal
> coverage with one minor. The private insurance companies are such
> total crooks. I had the coverage for 15 years, paid them about
> $45,000 in monthly premiums and never received one penny back
> from them in all those years.

I do hear you about that.

> So....this supplimental Medicare insurance is just the private
> companies trying not to lose customers to Medicare. If you do
> decide to pay the crooks extra for supplimental, join AARP and
> use their recommended insurance....seems to be the best
> supplimental option.

I don't care about covering every doctor visit so I'm good with
a high deductible. What I am serious about is stop loss. That's
why I'm willing to pay extra.

> Call (and wait on hold for 40 minutes) or use their website and
> request a Medicare info booklet for your state. They explain
> every option you have in good detail. It would really help your
> husband make a decision. Hope that helps.

Thank you. By the time it rolls around to actually sign up I will
be sick of hearing about it. Heh. So many plans.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-02-14, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> OMG, sad and shocking. She was one of the best regulars here.

Agree.

Trouble is, I jes got an email, this morning, that one of my neighbors
jes passed away. I knew cheri only by name. Seemed like a nice
person, but I'd talked to my neighbor on many occasions and we knew each
other on a first name basis. Our HOA (of sorts) informed us.

We're all "geezers" and there's no gettin' outta this one alive.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message news
On 2/15/2019 11:24 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>>
>> Ron's been researching Medicare as he's reaching that age, so
>> it's been a lot of talk about days in hospital coverage, etc.
>> After 60 days blah blah. I said don't worry about that, if I'm
>> that sick I'm going home and calling it a day. Sudden or kind
>> of sudden has an appeal for me.

> Same with me, Nancy although we won't have that choice to decide.

Well ....

> I just signed up for Medicare 5 months ago (september). Part A
> (hospitalization) started retro active to June but the Part B had
> a 3 month wait so I didn't get that coverage until about 2 months
> ago (Dec.1).
>
> I just signed up for the basic govt. Part A and B. It's much
> better coverage than I had for 15 years with my own personal
> coverage with one minor. The private insurance companies are such
> total crooks. I had the coverage for 15 years, paid them about
> $45,000 in monthly premiums and never received one penny back
> from them in all those years.

I do hear you about that.

> So....this supplimental Medicare insurance is just the private
> companies trying not to lose customers to Medicare. If you do
> decide to pay the crooks extra for supplimental, join AARP and
> use their recommended insurance....seems to be the best
> supplimental option.

I don't care about covering every doctor visit so I'm good with
a high deductible. What I am serious about is stop loss. That's
why I'm willing to pay extra.

> Call (and wait on hold for 40 minutes) or use their website and
> request a Medicare info booklet for your state. They explain
> every option you have in good detail. It would really help your
> husband make a decision. Hope that helps.

Thank you. By the time it rolls around to actually sign up I will
be sick of hearing about it. Heh. So many plans.

nancy

==

I am so sorry you have to go through all this(((

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:16:48 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> OMG, sad and shocking. She was one of the best regulars here.
>
> https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844

I'm probably not the only one that looked at that picture and said,
"It's a Lunch Lady!". So then it was no surprise that when reading
the obit it mentions she worked in "foodservice" most her life.
Definitely a Lunch Lady.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Spiro Weville" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:16:48 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> OMG, sad and shocking. She was one of the best regulars here.
>
> https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lo...&pid=191448844

I'm probably not the only one that looked at that picture and said,
"It's a Lunch Lady!". So then it was no surprise that when reading
the obit it mentions she worked in "foodservice" most her life.
Definitely a Lunch Lady.

==

I have been trying to add a note but it won't accept it Maybe it doesn't
believe Scotland is in USA!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Ophelia
> wrote:

> I have been trying to add a note but it won't accept it Maybe it doesn't
> believe Scotland is in USA!

Your note got in. I just read it this morning.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

In article >, Ophelia
> wrote:

> I have been trying to add a note but it won't accept it Maybe it
> doesn't
> believe Scotland is in USA!

Your note got in. I just read it this morning.

leo
==

Did it?? Oh thank you! Oh heck how many times did it appear, because I did
try more than once