Old 28-12-2018, 08:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default sugarless drinks

I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

--
Rich

Old 28-12-2018, 12:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

If you go stevia, may as well go with any diet drink. Wife likes Zero xxx water and Propel.
Old 28-12-2018, 01:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"RichD" wrote in message
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

--
Rich

I like sweetzfree liquid the best. it's very sweet with just using a few
drops in things like lemonade etc. It's not real cheap but lasts a long
time, with no nasty aftertaste in cooking. I'm still working on a bottle I
got over a year ago.

http://www.sweetzfree.com/

Cheri

Old 28-12-2018, 05:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, December 28, 2018 at 1:48:01 AM UTC-6, RichD wrote:
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

--
Rich

NO!!

Drink PURE WATER!!

Pure WATER is SWEET TO THE LIPS!!! Of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE!!!

John Kuthe, Rainbow Tribe Representative!
Old 29-12-2018, 08:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 9:48:01 PM UTC-10, RichD wrote:
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

--
Rich

Splenda/sucralose powder. Get the ones in the individual packets and experiment with 8 oz or so of lemonade to see if you can work with that first. If that works, get a bag of the pure sucralose power, not the bulked out powder. You can then drink lemonade until your teeth just gets eroded away from the acid.

Old 29-12-2018, 07:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 RichD wrote:
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

Diet sprite over ice sweetened with vodka.

Old 29-12-2018, 11:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 3:55:23 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, December 27, 2018 at 9:48:01 PM UTC-10, RichD wrote:
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

--
Rich

Splenda/sucralose powder. Get the ones in the individual packets and
experiment with 8 oz or so of lemonade to see if you can work with that
first. If that works, get a bag of the pure sucralose power, not the bulked
out powder. You can then drink lemonade until your teeth just gets eroded
away from the acid.

==

What joy!

Chemistry is a wonderful science.
Old 31-12-2018, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"RichD" wrote in message
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

I won't touch Stevia and am not fond of Splenda. I would just put lemon
juice in water but I like it like that.

Old 31-12-2018, 02:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-30 8:04 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"RichD" wrote in message
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet.* Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners?* Stevia or whatever -

I won't touch Stevia and am not fond of Splenda. I would just put lemon
juice in water but I like it like that.

Please remind us how many diet sodas you drink daily.

Old 31-12-2018, 06:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-30 8:04 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"RichD" wrote in message
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

I won't touch Stevia and am not fond of Splenda. I would just put lemon
juice in water but I like it like that.

Please remind us how many diet sodas you drink daily.

One or less. I am transitioning over to only tea and water. Soda has gotten
too expensive.

Old 31-12-2018, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 21:42:03 -0800, "Julie Bove"

On 2018-12-30 8:04 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"RichD" wrote in message
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

I won't touch Stevia and am not fond of Splenda. I would just put lemon
juice in water but I like it like that.

Please remind us how many diet sodas you drink daily.

One or less. I am transitioning over to only tea and water. Soda has gotten
too expensive.

How much is too expensive? This week Coke products are on sale, a 12
pack of 12oz cans is $4 and B2G1... that's 36 cans for $8, or 22.2
per can. I typically drink 1-2 cans per day, I don't consider that
expensive. Oh, and there's 5 deposit on each can but I bring them
back and my deposit is returned.
Old 31-12-2018, 07:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 12:25:12 PM UTC-6, Sheldon wrote:

How much is too expensive? This week Coke products are on sale, a 12
pack of 12oz cans is $4 and B2G1... that's 36 cans for $8, or 22.2в
per can. I typically drink 1-2 cans per day, I don't consider that
expensive. Oh, and there's 5в deposit on each can but I bring them
back and my deposit is returned.

Week before last my Kroger had Coke and ALL it's varieties on sale for 4
12-packs for $12.00. Three bucks a 12-pack ain't bad but I was sooooo
darn tired I did not take advantage of that sale. GRRRRRRRRR, but they
should be on sale again soon then I'll swoop in and buy 4 12-packs.

No deposit here on cans or bottles but they are rinsed before going into
my recycle bin.

Old 01-01-2019, 05:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-30 8:04 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"RichD" wrote in message
I'd like to make lemonade and suchlike juice drinks,
but on a low sugar diet. Lemonade without sugar won't
go over real big -

Any suggestions for other sweeteners? Stevia or whatever -

I won't touch Stevia and am not fond of Splenda. I would just put lemon
juice in water but I like it like that.

Please remind us how many diet sodas you drink daily.

One or less. I am transitioning over to only tea and water. Soda has
gotten
too expensive.

How much is too expensive? This week Coke products are on sale, a 12
pack of 12oz cans is $4 and B2G1... that's 36 cans for $8, or 22.2
per can. I typically drink 1-2 cans per day, I don't consider that
expensive. Oh, and there's 5 deposit on each can but I bring them
back and my deposit is returned.

Regular price here is ax high as $6-7 for a 12 pack. I can occasionally find
a sale of 4/$12 but you must buy 4 to get the sale price. Angela and I
usually buy them together like that as neither of us needs 4 at a time. She
prefers Pepsi though and I won't touch that. Mostly the sale price is buy
two at regular price and get one free. There was a sale of buy two and get
three free but I *really* didn't want to buy 5! I got a 2 liter for 99
cents but I don't like to buy those either. It's okay if I have people over
but they don't fit in my fridge very well and they tend to go flat once
opened.

Old 01-01-2019, 07:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 20:29:40 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .

On 2018-12-30 8:04 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"RichD" wrote in message
[...]

The regular price here is the same as yours but once each month each
major bottler is on sale at about half price... this week it's Coke
products, next week could be Pepsi or 7up. My wife drinks diet Coke
and I drink Diet Sprite so we buy them 50/50.

sugarless ice cream? RichD General Cooking 11 30-12-2012 02:11 AM
Best Sugarless Syrup? Theron General Cooking 20 07-07-2009 12:32 AM
Sugarless fudge? OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 24 03-04-2006 09:14 PM
Sugarless Cookies Duckie Recipes 0 14-08-2005 03:55 PM
Sugarless Strawberry Jam?? Ellen Wickberg Preserving 5 26-04-2004 03:13 AM