George Shirley

Default Sugarless Strawberry Jam??

http://www.permaculture.net/Pomona/

> Pat

Sugar, in it's many forms, is just another carbohydrate to diabetics. I
was diagnosed as Type II ten years ago and as long as I take the carb
load into consideration I can eat anything I want. I make jams and
jellies frequently with no added sugar but still have to make some
assumptions as to the sweetness of the fruit in order to calculate the
carbs. Since I have recently gained better control of my blood sugar and
no longer need insulin injections I have even started eating a bit of
the jellies and jams I make for my family, with sugar in them. Again,
moderation in all things is what counts. HTH

George

Dwayne

My wife said that the "sugarless jelly making kits" should have the recipe.
If you don't find it contact Equal.com and they will give you a lot of
recipes using Equal. I am sure that if you don't like Equal, others
(Splenda) should have the same information.

I am watching my diet, and my diabetes nurse said to keep below 150 carbs a
day. Strawberries are great. One cup of them with two packs of splenda are
only about 7 carbs (I am guessing, but they are low), and satisfy my desire
for something sweet.

I also watch my calories, and have lost 26 lbs since January.

Dwayne