Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default First Christmas in our new house

We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.

We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.

Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
Granddaughter is there for the week too.

Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
made the potato salad this morning.

The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
TV, nightstand.

This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.

Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.

Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.

Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
tomorrow.