Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 2017 Christmas Candy in MY NEW HOUSE!!

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0

20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that over the years.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2017 8:08 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0
>
> 20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that over the years.
>
> John Kuthe...

Are you making cherries again?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 9:01:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/10/2017 8:08 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0
> >
> > 20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that over the years.
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> Are you making cherries again?

Yes! The whole shebang! Getting started with infrastructure and supplies early!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

HMU

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+17546663823
Wickr id............miken
Email

hello we are leading suppliers of pharmaceutical product meds online we operate on daily and retails basis and very reliable and our product are 100% top quality am ready to supply on large and smaller orders and i am looking in building a strong business relationship with potential client around the world i do world wide delivery and delivery is guarantee.
see price list offer and pm me or you can get me on whatsapp

FOR ZOLPICLONE 7.5MG SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

FOR DIAZEPAM SHALINA BRAND
diazepam 10mg 500pills £100
diazepam 10mg 300pills £70
diazepam 10mg 1000pills £150
diazepam 10mg 5000pills £350
diazepam 5mg 1000pills £120
diazepam 5mg 5000pills £300
diazepam 5mg 10000pills £500
diazepam 10mg 10000pills £700

FOR ROCHE DIAZEPAMS 10MG SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs..........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs........................£850
15000 tabs........................£1200
25000 tabs........................£1500

TEVA 10MG DIAZEPAMS SMALLER ORDER
250 tabs...........................‎£90
500 tabs...........................‎£150
1000 tabs.........................‎£250
2500 tabs.........................£350
5000 tabs.........................£500
7500 tabs.........................£700
10000 tabs.......................£850
15000 tabs.......................£1200
25000 tabs.......................£1500
ketamine £20 each vial/1g
ketamine powder each gram £25

FOR TRAMADOL APPLE FLAVOUR
tramadol 50mg 250pills £80
tramadol 100mg 300pills £90
tramadol 225mg 300pills £120
tramadol 50mg 500pills £130
tramadol 100mg 500pills £140
tramadol 250mg 500pills £150
tramadol 50mg 1000pills £200
tramadol 100mg 1000pills £220
tramadol 250mg 1000pills £250

FOR TRAMADOL BULK ORDER
tramadol 50mg 5000pills £450
tramadol 100mg 5000pills £550
tramadol 250mg 5000pills £700

i also have my delivery records all around the worlds and i providedated pictures with buyers name and my name CALL US OR TEXT ....+17546663823 email for detailsi supply more than the quantity listed,i give additional discount to more larger ordersi look forward in doing great business with reliable buyersthanks email for details kushpharma35

CALL OR TEXT or watsapp ....+17546663823
Wickr id............miken
Email :
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 01:47:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:08:40 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0
>>
>> 20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing
>> Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white
>> chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll
>> use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real
>> white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that
>> over the years.

>Does that make sense to you - that nobody bought the real White
>chocolate so now they try to peddle only fake White chocolate?

According to Cindy, people -like her husband- prefer fake products to
real ones these days. So fake white chocolate could be a hit with the
populace!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 2:56:49 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> According to Cindy, people -like her husband- prefer fake products to
> real ones these days. So fake white chocolate could be a hit with the
> populace!

Fake humans tend to prefer fake foods!

I figure with Oberweiss' (some of the best dairy products in STL! https://www.oberweis.com)) Egg Nog in the Egg Nog Ganache, I mean, how gross can it be? ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2017 6:08 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0
>
> 20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that over the years.
>
> John Kuthe...

I like the name.

Why didn't it sell?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/10/2017 8:08 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 9:01:34 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 11/10/2017 8:08 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0
>>>
>>> 20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that over the years.
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Are you making cherries again?

> Yes! The whole shebang! Getting started with infrastructure and supplies early!
>
> John Kuthe...

How about sea salt & caramel chocolates - ever make those?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 1:06:43 PM UTC-5, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:

> I like the name.
>
> Why didn't it sell?

Too many PRONOUNS!

Chocoley.com stopped making/selling real white chocolate because they said IT DID NOT SELL!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-11, John Kuthe > wrote:

> Chocoley.com stopped making/selling real white chocolate because they said IT DID NOT SELL!

That is cuz white chocolate is virtually flavorless!

Even Lindt, who's been making killer white chocolate truffles, fer
years, fills their wht choco truffles w/ a special almond paste
recipe. Yep. That flavor you taste is mostly almonds!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2017 1:58 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 1:06:43 PM UTC-5, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:
>>
>> I like the name.
>>
>> Why didn't it sell?

> Too many PRONOUNS!
>
> Chocoley.com stopped making/selling real white chocolate because they said IT DID NOT SELL!
>
> John Kuthe...

In that case it must be advertising and marketing, not product. I say
this as your pics on the dipped cherries were top shelf.

So how about it - are salt caramels on the menu?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2017 2:08 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2017-11-11, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
>> Chocoley.com stopped making/selling real white chocolate because they said IT DID NOT SELL!

> That is cuz white chocolate is virtually flavorless!
>
> Even Lindt, who's been making killer white chocolate truffles, fer
> years, fills their wht choco truffles w/ a special almond paste
> recipe. Yep. That flavor you taste is mostly almonds!
>
> nb

Ok, maybe it wasn't just marketing - good observation.

Again I cast my vote for salt/caramels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-11 1:58 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 1:06:43 PM UTC-5, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:
>>
>> I like the name.
>>
>> Why didn't it sell?

> Too many PRONOUNS!
>
> Chocoley.com stopped making/selling real white chocolate because they said IT DID NOT SELL!
>
> John Kuthe...

Can't you get Callebaut?
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 4:43:29 PM UTC-5, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:
> In that case it must be advertising and marketing, not product. I say
> this as your pics on the dipped cherries were top shelf.

They are. My Chocolate Covered Cherries ARE the best! I was always in love with the idea of a chocolate covered cherry but every one I ever had had one main problem! The thing inside was called a cherry only because it used to be one! Yeah those Maraschino abominations! After I made Christmas Candy for a few years I decided to invent my own using real fresh Bing cherries in December (I have to pay their plane ticket!) for about $7/lb! I soak pit each cherry then soak them in Majic Juice (yes liquor is involved!) then wrap each cherry in a thin layer of powdered sugar dough (vanilla/almond flavored!) then dip them in real dark chocolate! The Powdered Sugar Dough has invert sugar and an enzyme called invertase which acts on the invert sugar causing liquefaction! YUM!

> So how about it - are salt caramels on the menu?

I may have to think about that! I DO love salted caramels so!! I could salt something outrageous! :-)

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 4:08:13 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

> That is cuz white chocolate is virtually flavorless!
>
> Even Lindt, who's been making killer white chocolate truffles, fer
> years, fills their wht choco truffles w/ a special almond paste
> recipe. Yep. That flavor you taste is mostly almonds!
>
> nb

I use white chocolate as a base for my Egg Nog Truffles using top shelf egg nog from Oberweis dairy here in STL.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/11/2017 5:04 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 4:43:29 PM UTC-5, Casa de los peregrinos wrote:
>> In that case it must be advertising and marketing, not product. I say
>> this as your pics on the dipped cherries were top shelf.

> They are. My Chocolate Covered Cherries ARE the best! I was always in love with the idea of a chocolate covered cherry but every one I ever had had one main problem! The thing inside was called a cherry only because it used to be one! Yeah those Maraschino abominations! After I made Christmas Candy for a few years I decided to invent my own using real fresh Bing cherries in December (I have to pay their plane ticket!) for about $7/lb! I soak pit each cherry then soak them in Majic Juice (yes liquor is involved!) then wrap each cherry in a thin layer of powdered sugar dough (vanilla/almond flavored!) then dip them in real dark chocolate! The Powdered Sugar Dough has invert sugar and an enzyme called invertase which acts on the invert sugar causing liquefaction! YUM!

You clearly know your stuff.

>> So how about it - are salt caramels on the menu?

> I may have to think about that! I DO love salted caramels so!! I could salt something outrageous! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

I love 'em and they are becoming very hot sellers across all the large
chocolate makers now as well as the boutique guys.

That has to be a sure sales sign.

Let us know when you craft something tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:08:40 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0
>>
>> 20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing
>> Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white
>> chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll
>> use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real
>> white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that
>> over the years.

> Does that make sense to you - that nobody bought the real White
> chocolate so now they try to peddle only fake White chocolate?

I know a lot of people who use that crap. In the form of Wilson candy melts.
Yes it melts easily, can be tinted and is easy to work with, but the taste
and texture are icky. I only use the real stuff when I make chocolates.
Harder to deal with but the end results are worth it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 01:47:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:08:40 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>>> https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8f&oe=5AA990D0
>>>
>>> 20lbs dark, 15lbs milk and 5lbs of white Chocoley.com Bada Bing
>>> Bada boom compound coating! Chocoley USED to make real white
>>> chocolate but no one bought it too much so they dropped it! I;'ll
>>> use it in my Egg Nog Truffles! Hope it sets similar to how real
>>> white chocolate egg nog ganache does! I learned to work with that
>>> over the years.

>>Does that make sense to you - that nobody bought the real White
>>chocolate so now they try to peddle only fake White chocolate?

> According to Cindy, people -like her husband- prefer fake products to
> real ones these days. So fake white chocolate could be a hit with the
> populace!

I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good chocolate
and bad.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 19:27:34 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 01:47:58 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Does that make sense to you - that nobody bought the real White
>>>chocolate so now they try to peddle only fake White chocolate?

>> According to Cindy, people -like her husband- prefer fake products to
>> real ones these days. So fake white chocolate could be a hit with the
>> populace!

>I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good chocolate
>and bad.

Maybe they've never had good chocolate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 10:26:31 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> I know a lot of people who use that crap. In the form of Wilson candy melts.
> Yes it melts easily, can be tinted and is easy to work with, but the taste
> and texture are icky. I only use the real stuff when I make chocolates.
> Harder to deal with but the end results are worth it!

You are absolutely correct Julie. A large part of a chocolate's YUM factor is from the fat used in the chocolate. Pure real chocolate has 100% cocoa fat which is particularly hard to work with. Thus many use non-cocoa oils to obtain better handling results. At the sacrifice of the YUM factor!

I've learned a LOT in my 30+ years of making Christmas Candy!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 19:27:34 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> According to Cindy, people -like her husband- prefer fake products to
>>> real ones these days. So fake white chocolate could be a hit with the
>>> populace!

>>I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good
>>chocolate
>>and bad.

> Maybe they've never had good chocolate.

They have. I brought it to them and they said it was no better than the
cheap stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Nov 2017 19:40:07 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 19:27:34 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good
>>>chocolate
>>>and bad.

>> Maybe they've never had good chocolate.

>They have. I brought it to them and they said it was no better than the
>cheap stuff.

Pearls before swine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good chocolate
> and bad.

I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
*good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
lesser than you.

Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 9:41:28 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good chocolate
> > and bad.

> I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
> they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
> bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
> *good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
> chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
> lesser than you.
>
> Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.

I'm a little funny about chocolate. "Good" milk chocolate
doesn't taste right to me. I prefer Hershey's, with that
slight "sour milk" taste. However, Hershey's Special Dark
is too waxy, and really dark chocolates are too biotter.
I prefer a semisweet, so I buy Lindt "bittersweet".

I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good
>> chocolate
>> and bad.

> I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
> they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
> bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
> *good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
> chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
> lesser than you.
>
> Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.

Judging others likes and dislikes is pretty much the norm here.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2017 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good chocolate
>> and bad.

> I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
> they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
> bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
> *good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
> chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
> lesser than you.
>
> Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.

LOL I don't need anyone to tell me what I should like. You're right,
Gary. Chocolate snobs are as bad as wine snobs.

What constitutes "good"? In whose opinion is one chocolate better than
another? It's all a matter of personal taste. I don't happen to like
dark chocolate. Doesn't matter what brand or the cost, it's too bitter.
Yet it's de rigueur (sp?) in some circles. I don't really care.

I like milk chocolate. I like semi-sweet chocolate. I like what used
to be (the formula has probably changed) Baker's German Sweet chocolate.
White chocolate is boring. IMHO, according to my taste buds. No expert
opinions required.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2017 8:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 9:41:28 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good chocolate
>>> and bad.

>> I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
>> they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
>> bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
>> *good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
>> chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
>> lesser than you.
>>
>> Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.

> I'm a little funny about chocolate. "Good" milk chocolate
> doesn't taste right to me. I prefer Hershey's, with that
> slight "sour milk" taste. However, Hershey's Special Dark
> is too waxy, and really dark chocolates are too biotter.
> I prefer a semisweet, so I buy Lindt "bittersweet".
>
> I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Oh my, how about:

https://www.ghirardelli.com/chocolat...-(35-oz)-60764

or

https://www.ghirardelli.com/chocolat...-(35-oz)-60765

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-13 8:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 11/13/2017 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I know a lot of people who can't tell the difference between good
>>> chocolate
>>> and bad.

>> I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
>> they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
>> bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
>> *good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
>> chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
>> lesser than you.
>>
>> Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.
>>

> LOLÂ* I don't need anyone to tell me what I should like.Â* You're right,
> Gary.Â* Chocolate snobs are as bad as wine snobs.

I tend to agree!
The French say their chocolate is the best.
The Italians say their chocolate is the best.
The Belgians say their chocolate is the best.
The Swiss say their chocolate is the best.
But they all agree that British chocolate is terrible, which it isn't!
Also, snobs say that the white variety isn't chocolate. Screw them!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2017 9:14 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2017-11-13 8:43 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
>>> they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
>>> bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
>>> *good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
>>> chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
>>> lesser than you.
>>>
>>> Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.
>>>

>> LOLÂ* I don't need anyone to tell me what I should like.Â* You're right,
>> Gary.Â* Chocolate snobs are as bad as wine snobs.
>>

> I tend to agree!
> The French say their chocolate is the best.
> The Italians say their chocolate is the best.
> The Belgians say their chocolate is the best.
> The Swiss say their chocolate is the best.
> But they all agree that British chocolate is terrible, which it isn't!
> Also, snobs say that the white variety isn't chocolate. Screw them!

I shall take one of each please.

Render unto the euros those things they have clearly mastered.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:10:04 AM UTC-5, casa chevrolet wrote:
> On 11/13/2017 8:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> I respectfully disagree. Everyone is different and they know what
> >> they like. They can easily tell the difference between good and
> >> bad. Whatever chocolate they try and tastes good to them is
> >> *good* chocolate. No need to judge others like a gourmet
> >> chocolate person with your nose up in the air because they like
> >> lesser than you.
> >>
> >> Same with the "cool kid" wine drinkers.

> > I'm a little funny about chocolate. "Good" milk chocolate
> > doesn't taste right to me. I prefer Hershey's, with that
> > slight "sour milk" taste. However, Hershey's Special Dark
> > is too waxy, and really dark chocolates are too biotter.
> > I prefer a semisweet, so I buy Lindt "bittersweet".
> >
> > I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Oh my, how about:
>
> https://www.ghirardelli.com/chocolat...-(35-oz)-60764
>
> or
>
> https://www.ghirardelli.com/chocolat...-(35-oz)-60765

Pretty good, although I generally take my chocolate straight up.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 12:52:49 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Pretty good, although I generally take my chocolate straight up.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

100% cocoa, eh? Baker's Chocolate, unsweetened?

If not, then...

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 10:15:59 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It's also called "pedestrian"! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-11-13 11:03 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Mon 13 Nov 2017 09:14:27a, graham told us...

>>> LOLÂÂ* I don't need anyone to tell me what I should like.ÂÂ* You're
>>> right, Gary.ÂÂ* Chocolate snobs are as bad as wine snobs.
>>>

>> I tend to agree!
>> The French say their chocolate is the best.
>> The Italians say their chocolate is the best.
>> The Belgians say their chocolate is the best.
>> The Swiss say their chocolate is the best.
>> But they all agree that British chocolate is terrible, which it
>> isn't! Also, snobs say that the white variety isn't chocolate.
>> Screw them!
>>

> White chocolate doesn't qualify as genuine chocolate because it
> doesn't contain chocolate solids (a.k.a. cocoa powder). White
> chocolate is typically made from a blend of cocoa butter, milk
> solids, sugar, milk fat and lecithin.

I'm aware of that, Wayne! But I still don't give a damn:-)
Graham
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2017 10:52 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:10:04 AM UTC-5, casa chevrolet wrote:

>>> I'm a little funny about chocolate. "Good" milk chocolate
>>> doesn't taste right to me. I prefer Hershey's, with that
>>> slight "sour milk" taste. However, Hershey's Special Dark
>>> is too waxy, and really dark chocolates are too biotter.
>>> I prefer a semisweet, so I buy Lindt "bittersweet".
>>>
>>> I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Oh my, how about:
>>
>> https://www.ghirardelli.com/chocolat...-(35-oz)-60764
>>
>> or
>>
>> https://www.ghirardelli.com/chocolat...-(35-oz)-60765

> Pretty good, although I generally take my chocolate straight up.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'm open to either way, but for the fans of non-filled:

https://www.ghirardelli.com/chocolat...-(35-oz)-60724

Hey it's chocolate, there are NO wrong answers!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2017 11:21 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 10:15:59 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> It's also called "pedestrian"! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Here - eat this!

https://tcho.com/collections/eating/...a-salt-70g-bar

Open at your own risk. Weve made a Toffee + Sea Salt bar thats so
addictively good you might not be able to put it down. Until its too
late. Organic toffee with extra butter is blended into our 53% organic
and fair trade milk chocolate, then sprinkled with a dash of Pacific sea
salt. The result is a luscious dark milk chocolate bar defined by rich
caramel notes, heightened by sea salt, and intensified with a toffee
crunch. Organic and Fair Trade Certified.

So good...

And...I found it at...wait for it...Wal Mart!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 1:18:46 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 12:52:49 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Pretty good, although I generally take my chocolate straight up.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> 100% cocoa, eh? Baker's Chocolate, unsweetened?
>
> If not, then...

What I meant was: although caramel and chocolate are
very pleasant companions, I generally prefer my chocolate
all by itself.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 1:21:56 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 10:15:59 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> It's also called "pedestrian"! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

I'll cop to that.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2017 1:59 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 1:21:56 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 10:15:59 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> I guess I have hopelessly middlebrow taste in chocolate.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> It's also called "pedestrian"! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> I'll cop to that.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Those who can successfully pair inexpensive with chocolate deserve even
more chocolate...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, November 13, 2017 at 2:11:04 PM UTC-5, casa chevrolet wrote:

> Open at your own risk. Weve made a Toffee + Sea Salt bar thats so
> addictively good you might not be able to put it down. Until its too
> late. Organic toffee with extra butter is blended into our 53% organic
> and fair trade milk chocolate, then sprinkled with a dash of Pacific sea
> salt. The result is a luscious dark milk chocolate bar defined by rich
> caramel notes, heightened by sea salt, and intensified with a toffee
> crunch. Organic and Fair Trade Certified.
>

> So good...
>
> And...I found it at...wait for it...Wal Mart!

Nope! At Straub's a local St Louis meat and gourmet grocers. I;ve been buying Straub's ground beef for years! YUM!!

John Kuthe...

Christmas candy? Polly Esther[_2_] General Cooking 17 09-12-2013 10:30 PM
Christmas Dinner at our house Gloria P General Cooking 10 27-12-2008 12:57 AM
Christmas Village House Beth Layman Recipes (moderated) 0 29-12-2005 06:05 AM
CHRISTMAS CANDY bizonthenet Chocolate 0 03-12-2004 02:29 AM
Christmas Candy Making JeanineAlyse in 29 Palms General Cooking 0 14-11-2004 07:10 PM