Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default First Christmas in our new house

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 12:07:21 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
> > tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.
> >
> > We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
> >
> > Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
> > Granddaughter is there for the week too.
> >
> > Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
> > made the potato salad this morning.
> >
> > The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
> > for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
> > TV, nightstand.
> >
> > This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
> > cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
> > for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
> >
> > Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
> > the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
> >
> > Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
> > think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
> > or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
> >
> > Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
> > tomorrow.

> Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed...???
>
> Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

When I was in Florida, I thought there might be one of those critters sliding outside the condo. I took a look see outside the window and saw nothing. Evidently I had mistaken the sound of a water sprinkler for a large slithering reptile. Ha ha, that's a little paranoid. I'm real glad that I didn't see a single alligator, snake, or black widow spider, during my stay there. Thank you Jesus!