Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default First Christmas in our new house

We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.

We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.

Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
Granddaughter is there for the week too.

Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
made the potato salad this morning.

The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
TV, nightstand.

This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.

Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.

Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.

Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
tomorrow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-24 2:09 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed.Â* Most were donated.
>
> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>
> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
> Granddaughter is there for the week too.
>
> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet.Â* I
> made the potato salad this morning.
>
> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday.Â* We did buy a new bed
> for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
> TV, nightstand.
>
> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives.Â* I bought a
> cheap set to get by with.Â* We have four plates and four place settings
> for flatware for now.Â* No need to buy more for temporary use.
>
> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
> the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>
> Meantime, Amazon loves me.Â* I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
> think. Every day I've ordered something.Â* Ceiling fans, a light fixture
> or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>
> Won't be a White Christmas either.Â* Temperature is predicted to be 75
> tomorrow.

When we moved from Australia to Calgary in November 1975, we rented a
condo for a month and then bought a house into which we moved on NYE,
long before our belongings arrived. So we made do with foamies to sleep
on at first and bought pyrex pie plates instead of dinner plates as
there were plenty in the shipment. We didn't have much furniture coming
so we bought as the need arrived.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.
>
> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>
> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
> Granddaughter is there for the week too.
>
> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
> made the potato salad this morning.
>
> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
> for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
> TV, nightstand.
>
> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
> cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
> for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>
> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
> the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>
> Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
> think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
> or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>
> Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
> tomorrow.

Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed...???

Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!

:-)

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 12:07:21 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
> > tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.
> >
> > We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
> >
> > Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
> > Granddaughter is there for the week too.
> >
> > Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
> > made the potato salad this morning.
> >
> > The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
> > for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
> > TV, nightstand.
> >
> > This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
> > cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
> > for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
> >
> > Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
> > the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
> >
> > Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
> > think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
> > or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
> >
> > Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
> > tomorrow.

> Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed...???
>
> Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

When I was in Florida, I thought there might be one of those critters sliding outside the condo. I took a look see outside the window and saw nothing. Evidently I had mistaken the sound of a water sprinkler for a large slithering reptile. Ha ha, that's a little paranoid. I'm real glad that I didn't see a single alligator, snake, or black widow spider, during my stay there. Thank you Jesus!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:08:23 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 12:07:21 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >
> > > We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
> > > tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.
> > >
> > > We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
> > >
> > > Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
> > > Granddaughter is there for the week too.
> > >
> > > Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
> > > made the potato salad this morning.
> > >
> > > The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
> > > for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
> > > TV, nightstand.
> > >
> > > This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
> > > cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
> > > for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
> > >
> > > Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
> > > the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
> > >
> > > Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
> > > think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
> > > or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
> > >
> > > Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
> > > tomorrow.

> > Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed....???
> >
> > Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> When I was in Florida, I thought there might be one of those critters sliding outside the condo. I took a look see outside the window and saw nothing. Evidently I had mistaken the sound of a water sprinkler for a large slithering reptile. Ha ha, that's a little paranoid. I'm real glad that I didn't see a single alligator, snake, or black widow spider, during my stay there. Thank you Jesus!

Same reason people believe in Religions! FEAR! :-(

Merry ****ING CHRISTMAS!

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 4:30:59 PM UTC-10, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:08:23 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> > > Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed....???
> > >
> > > Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours....!!!
> > >
> > > :-)
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best
> > > Greg

> > When I was in Florida, I thought there might be one of those critters sliding outside the condo. I took a look see outside the window and saw nothing. Evidently I had mistaken the sound of a water sprinkler for a large slithering reptile. Ha ha, that's a little paranoid. I'm real glad that I didn't see a single alligator, snake, or black widow spider, during my stay there. Thank you Jesus!

> Same reason people believe in Religions! FEAR! :-(
>
> Merry ****ING CHRISTMAS!
>
> John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...

Yes, as we all know, we have nothing to fear from the friendly alligator.

What's the deal? Sounds like things are not so happy at kuthechocolates.com.. With that attitude, you candy will turn out bitter. Be of good cheer, Uncle!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69C_gzYP_Q4
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:30:59 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> Same reason people believe in Religions! FEAR! :-(
>
> Merry ****ING CHRISTMAS!
>
> John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...

Says the hypocrite that makes and sells C.h.r.i.s.t.m.a.s candy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:08:23 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> I'm real glad that I didn't see a single alligator, snake, or black widow spider, during my stay there. Thank you Jesus!

I used to have quite a few garter snakes in my yard but the cats and the pit
bull that used to live 2 doors up seem to have eradicated them.

About 12 or so years ago I came home from the grocery store and there was a
dead black widow spider laying on my sidewalk. My brother was on his way
over to visit and I wanted to confirm that it was indeed a widow even though
she was belly up with her red hourglass visible. By the time he got here and
we went outside one of the neighborhood cats had eaten it leaving only the
legs.

https://i.postimg.cc/FHrJB40t/alliga...hs-witness.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 19:34:09 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:30:59 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Same reason people believe in Religions! FEAR! :-(
>>
>> Merry ****ING CHRISTMAS!
>>
>> John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
>>

>Says the hypocrite that makes and sells C.h.r.i.s.t.m.a.s candy.

Actually Kootchi hasn't sold a piece of his filth yet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 5:40:12 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:08:23 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > I'm real glad that I didn't see a single alligator, snake, or black widow spider, during my stay there. Thank you Jesus!
> >

> I used to have quite a few garter snakes in my yard but the cats and the pit
> bull that used to live 2 doors up seem to have eradicated them.
>
> About 12 or so years ago I came home from the grocery store and there was a
> dead black widow spider laying on my sidewalk. My brother was on his way
> over to visit and I wanted to confirm that it was indeed a widow even though
> she was belly up with her red hourglass visible. By the time he got here and
> we went outside one of the neighborhood cats had eaten it leaving only the
> legs.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/FHrJB40t/alliga...hs-witness.jpg

Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know. My understanding is that chickens will kill and eat centipedes so I don't mind that our parking lot is infested with those critters. That's a rather funny photo. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:57:02 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know. My understanding is that chickens will kill and eat centipedes so I don't mind that our parking lot is infested with those critters. That's a rather funny photo. Thanks.

Cats are great hunters whether it's birds, squirrels or snakes. The pit bull
would dive straight into a bush if she detected a snake; it was almost a
swan dive.

My brother had some guinea fowl and they pretty much cleared his property of
ticks. Their numbers have dwindled dramatically due to predators and he said
they need to buy some more to keep their property clear.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2018 5:07 PM, GM wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
>> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.
>>
>> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>>
>> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
>> Granddaughter is there for the week too.
>>
>> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
>> made the potato salad this morning.
>>
>> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
>> for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
>> TV, nightstand.
>>
>> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
>> cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
>> for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>>
>> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
>> the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>>
>> Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
>> think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
>> or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>>
>> Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
>> tomorrow.

> Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed...???
>
> Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!
>
> :-)

Not the giants, but I've seen a couple of 8 footers basking in the sun
by a pond about 5 miles from here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

> Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"> wrote:

> My brother had some guinea fowl and they pretty much cleared his property of
> ticks. Their numbers have dwindled dramatically due to predators and he said
> they need to buy some more to keep their property clear.

Ticks are my greatest phobia. My friends always laughed at my ravings
about ticks until one of them became one of the first documented cases
of Rocky Mountain spotted fever in our state. He survived but didn't
laugh anymore. Let's hear it for guinea fowl.
Blood banks won't touch you if you've had a tick and tell them. I used
to give blood. The bank had my number and became a vampire. Every six
weeks, I'd get a call. Then I got a tick and told them. I never heard
from them again.
Don't take ticks lightly. They're horrible, visible and painless
disease pumps. Pay attentions for symptoms for a long time, and tell
the doctor about a tick if any symptoms of anything takes you to them.
This medical minute has been brought to everyone by me, and you can
take it to the bank.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

[...]

===

Well you don't have everything yet but at least you are in your new house

I wish you both a lovely Christmas)

Please define 'flatware'?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:09:16 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
>tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.
>
>We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>
>Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
>Granddaughter is there for the week too.
>
>Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
>made the potato salad this morning.
>
>The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
>for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
>TV, nightstand.
>
>This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
>cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
>for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>
>Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
>the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>
>Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
>think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
>or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>
>Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
>tomorrow.

You'll survive through this and sounds like you're going to love your
new abode.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:34:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:30:59 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > Same reason people believe in Religions! FEAR! :-(
> >
> > Merry ****ING CHRISTMAS!
> >
> > John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
> >

> Says the hypocrite that makes and sells C.h.r.i.s.t.m.a.s candy.

NOPE!!! I GIVE AWAY Christmas Candy!!! I make and sell SOME of the same candies I make for my Christmas Candies for my FOR SLIM PROFIT KutheChocolates.com!!

My mission in my life is to spread Christmas Cheer and GOOD CHOCOLATES!!

Our World need more Good Cheer and Good Chocolates!

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>
> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were
> donated.
>
> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>
> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve. Granddaughter
> is there for the week too.
>
> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
> made the potato salad this morning.
>
> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed for
> the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair, TV,
> nightstand.
>
> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
> cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings for
> flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>
> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in the
> dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>
> Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I think.
> Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture or two,
> Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>
> Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
> tomorrow.
>
> ===
>
> Well you don't have everything yet but at least you are in your new
> house
>
> I wish you both a lovely Christmas)
>
> Please define 'flatware'?

Knives, forks, spoons etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 06:05:08 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:34:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:30:59 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> >
>> > Same reason people believe in Religions! FEAR! :-(
>> >
>> > Merry ****ING CHRISTMAS!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
>> >

>> Says the hypocrite that makes and sells C.h.r.i.s.t.m.a.s candy.

>NOPE!!! I GIVE AWAY Christmas Candy!!! I make and sell SOME of the same candies I make for my Christmas Candies for my FOR SLIM PROFIT KutheChocolates.com!!
>
>My mission in my life is to spread Christmas Cheer and GOOD CHOCOLATES!!
>
>Our World need more Good Cheer and Good Chocolates!
>
>John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...

Can't you shut up for one day, or at least stop cursing !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>
> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were
> donated.
>
> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>
> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve. Granddaughter
> is there for the week too.
>
> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
> made the potato salad this morning.
>
> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed for
> the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair, TV,
> nightstand.
>
> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
> cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings for
> flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>
> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in the
> dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>
> Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I think.
> Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture or two,
> Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>
> Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
> tomorrow.
>
> ===
>
> Well you don't have everything yet but at least you are in your new
> house
>
> I wish you both a lovely Christmas)
>
> Please define 'flatware'?

Knives, forks, spoons etc.

Cheri

=====

Ahh thank you, Cheri! I Googled it and it said 'shallow dishes' which
didn't sound right

So, what we would call 'cutlery' )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
>> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>>
>> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
>> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were
>> donated.
>>
>> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>>
>> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve. Granddaughter
>> is there for the week too.
>>
>> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
>> made the potato salad this morning.
>>
>> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
>> for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair, TV,
>> nightstand.
>>
>> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
>> cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
>> for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>>
>> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in the
>> dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>>
>> Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I think.
>> Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture or two,
>> Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>>
>> Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Well you don't have everything yet but at least you are in your new
>> house
>>
>> I wish you both a lovely Christmas)
>>
>> Please define 'flatware'?

> Knives, forks, spoons etc.
>
> Cheri
>

> =====
>
> Ahh thank you, Cheri! I Googled it and it said 'shallow dishes' which
> didn't sound right
>
> So, what we would call 'cutlery' )

We call it cutlery too, and flatware, and silverware, and utensils, and so
on.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-24 11:52 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:

> Don't take ticks lightly. They're horrible, visible and painless
> disease pumps. Pay attentions for symptoms for a long time, and tell
> the doctor about a tick if any symptoms of anything takes you to them.
> This medical minute has been brought to everyone by me, and you can
> take it to the bank.

A couple years ago I had a tick on my belly and when I tried to pull it
off the head snapped off. I could not get it out. People kept telling me
I had to go to the doctor, so I did. The doctor said there was nothing
he could do. He would just make more of a mess of it than I had. He
said that as it healed the head would be pushed out. He was right. He
was not concerned about disease because it had not been engorged before
I pulled it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/24/2018 11:22 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 12/24/2018 5:07 PM, GM wrote:
>> Ed PawlowskiÂ* wrote:
>>
>>> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
>>> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed.Â* Most were
>>> donated.
>>>
>>> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>>>
>>> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
>>> Granddaughter is there for the week too.
>>>
>>> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet.Â* I
>>> made the potato salad this morning.
>>>
>>> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday.Â* We did buy a new bed
>>> for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
>>> TV, nightstand.
>>>
>>> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives.Â* I bought a
>>> cheap set to get by with.Â* We have four plates and four place settings
>>> for flatware for now.Â* No need to buy more for temporary use.
>>>
>>> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
>>> the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>>>
>>> Meantime, Amazon loves me.Â* I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
>>> think. Every day I've ordered something.Â* Ceiling fans, a light fixture
>>> or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>>>
>>> Won't be a White Christmas either.Â* Temperature is predicted to be 75
>>> tomorrow.

>> Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there,
>> Ed...???
>>
>> Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!
>>
>> :-)
>>

> Not the giants, but I've seen a couple of 8 footers basking in the sun
> by a pond about 5 miles from here.

When the temps dip down low enough (if they ever do in your part of
Florida) the 'gators will go into a sort of stasis (rather than
hibernate, they brumate). On warmer winter days they come out and sun
themselves. At least, that's what happens in southern South Carolina.
Merry Christmas, Ed!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 5:01:48 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-12-24 11:52 p.m., Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
>
> > Don't take ticks lightly. They're horrible, visible and painless
> > disease pumps. Pay attentions for symptoms for a long time, and tell
> > the doctor about a tick if any symptoms of anything takes you to them.
> > This medical minute has been brought to everyone by me, and you can
> > take it to the bank.

> A couple years ago I had a tick on my belly and when I tried to pull it
> off the head snapped off. I could not get it out. People kept telling me
> I had to go to the doctor, so I did. The doctor said there was nothing
> he could do. He would just make more of a mess of it than I had. He
> said that as it healed the head would be pushed out. He was right. He
> was not concerned about disease because it had not been engorged before
> I pulled it.

That's like the worst story that I've heard this Christmas season. Boy, that's creepy. Congratulations?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> --
>> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
>> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
>>
>> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
>> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were
>> donated.
>>
>> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>>
>> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve. Granddaughter
>> is there for the week too.
>>
>> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
>> made the potato salad this morning.
>>
>> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
>> for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair, TV,
>> nightstand.
>>
>> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
>> cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
>> for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>>
>> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in the
>> dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>>
>> Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I think.
>> Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture or two,
>> Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>>
>> Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Well you don't have everything yet but at least you are in your new
>> house
>>
>> I wish you both a lovely Christmas)
>>
>> Please define 'flatware'?

> Knives, forks, spoons etc.
>
> Cheri
>

> =====
>
> Ahh thank you, Cheri! I Googled it and it said 'shallow dishes' which
> didn't sound right
>
> So, what we would call 'cutlery' )

We call it cutlery too, and flatware, and silverware, and utensils, and so
on.

Cheri

===

Oh heck. You have really confuddled me now!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/25/2018 9:05 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:34:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:30:59 PM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>>
>>> Same reason people believe in Religions! FEAR! :-(
>>>
>>> Merry ****ING CHRISTMAS!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
>>>

>> Says the hypocrite that makes and sells C.h.r.i.s.t.m.a.s candy.

> NOPE!!! I GIVE AWAY Christmas Candy!!! I make and sell SOME of the same candies I make for my Christmas Candies for my FOR SLIM PROFIT

What a contradiction in terms.

> My mission in my life is to spread Christmas Cheer and GOOD CHOCOLATES!!

Oh, I thought your mission in life was to have a bunch of students
living with you to share the bills and be your best friends. What's the
matter, did they go home for the holidays rather than stick around with
a lunatic landlord?

> Our World need more Good Cheer and Good Chocolates!
>
> John Kuthe

The world doesn't need you yelling about anything. Or for buying good
chocolates. There's a lovely local shop - a professional shop - in
Beaufort that hand-makes and hand dips all sorts of chocolates and makes
all sorts of other hand made candy confections. I've got no need to go
to your almost up and running web site.

Will you *ever* figure out typing in all CAPS, cursing and using tons of
exclamation points makes you look like a child?

As for "slim profit"... you cannot claim to give away Christmas Candy
and yet still sell some for a slim profit. Contradiction in terms.

I gather nothing came of the fantastic nursing jobs.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:04:44 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:57:02 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know. My understanding is that chickens will kill and eat centipedes so I don't mind that our parking lot is infested with those critters. That's a rather funny photo. Thanks.
> >

> Cats are great hunters whether it's birds, squirrels or snakes. The pit bull
> would dive straight into a bush if she detected a snake; it was almost a
> swan dive.
>
> My brother had some guinea fowl and they pretty much cleared his property of
> ticks. Their numbers have dwindled dramatically due to predators and he said
> they need to buy some more to keep their property clear.

Those are some funny looking birds. They look like their heads are too small for their bodies. I suppose that's probably a good thing. I'm hoping that the chickens around here will serve the same function. Ticks are gross!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:23:46 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>
> > Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

> My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down a centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just found it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:23:46 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
>
> > Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

> My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that
way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down a
centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did
bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just found
it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l

==

Awwww

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/25/2018 9:05 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 9:34:12 PM UTC-6,
>> wrote:

>>> Says the hypocrite that makes and sells C.h.r.i.s.t.m.a.s candy.

>> NOPE!!! I GIVE AWAY Christmas Candy!!! I make and sell SOME of the
>> same candies I make for my Christmas Candies for my FOR SLIM PROFIT
>>

> What a contradiction in terms.
>
>> My mission in my life is to spread Christmas Cheer and GOOD CHOCOLATES!!
>>

> Oh, I thought your mission in life was to have a bunch of students
> living with you to share the bills and be your best friends. What's the
> matter, did they go home for the holidays rather than stick around with
> a lunatic landlord?
>
>> Our World need more Good Cheer and Good Chocolates!
>>
>> John Kuthe
>>

> The world doesn't need you yelling about anything. Or for buying good
> chocolates. There's a lovely local shop - a professional shop - in
> Beaufort that hand-makes and hand dips all sorts of chocolates and makes
> all sorts of other hand made candy confections.
>
> Jill

Yeah, but those are not hand dipped by a certified psychotic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 9:28:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:23:46 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

> > My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> > kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> > to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> > the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> > searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> > grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> > frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> > go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> > plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> > after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

> Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that
> way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down a
> centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did
> bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just found
> it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l
>
> ==
>
> Awwww
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It was in a bag because we tried to deliver it to a lady that was interested in dead birds at the Bishop Museum. She wasn't there so we got left holding the bag.

My daughter got me one of those new fangled air-fryer thingies. I can only imagine what kind of horrendous noise that thing must make. Hopefully, she'll use it more than I.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 23:22:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 12/24/2018 5:07 PM, GM wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> We were later than expected closing, so not much for Christmas here. Our
>>> tree is in transit, as are other decorations we packed. Most were donated.
>>>
>>> We do have a wreath on the frond door, the only decoration.
>>>
>>> Tonight we are going to daughter's house for Christmas eve.
>>> Granddaughter is there for the week too.
>>>
>>> Christmas dinner will be a ham slice, potato salad, veggie TBD yet. I
>>> made the potato salad this morning.
>>>
>>> The rest of our furniture will arrive on Friday. We did buy a new bed
>>> for the spar room and we are using that, as well as a borrowed chair,
>>> TV, nightstand.
>>>
>>> This morning I did miss my cutting board and good knives. I bought a
>>> cheap set to get by with. We have four plates and four place settings
>>> for flatware for now. No need to buy more for temporary use.
>>>
>>> Patio set will be delivered Wednesday, but is is temporarily going in
>>> the dining room until the new dining table gets here in a few weeks.
>>>
>>> Meantime, Amazon loves me. I'm two orders away from a Gold Star I
>>> think. Every day I've ordered something. Ceiling fans, a light fixture
>>> or two, Napoleon grill, a few other goodies.
>>>
>>> Won't be a White Christmas either. Temperature is predicted to be 75
>>> tomorrow.

>> Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed...???
>>
>> Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!
>>
>> :-)
>>

>Not the giants, but I've seen a couple of 8 footers basking in the sun
>by a pond about 5 miles from here.

I hear gater will be good on your new grill... and I expect you'll
soon be ebaying gater pen cases.

Anyways good luck with your new digs and have fun decorating.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 23:22:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Do you have any of them GIANT alligators larking about down there, Ed...???
>>>
>>> Glad you are getting ensconced, and Happy Holidays to you and yours...!!!
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>

>> Not the giants, but I've seen a couple of 8 footers basking in the sun
>> by a pond about 5 miles from here.

> I hear gater will be good on your new grill... and I expect you'll
> soon be ebaying gater pen cases.
>
> Anyways good luck with your new digs and have fun decorating.

He'll be to busy digging his basement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 12:33:04 PM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 12/25/2018 9:05 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Says the hypocrite that makes and sells C.h.r.i.s.t.m.a.s candy.

> > NOPE!!! I GIVE AWAY Christmas Candy!!! I make and sell SOME of the same candies I make for my Christmas Candies for my FOR SLIM PROFIT
> >

> What a contradiction in terms.

I just wanna cover my costs!

> > My mission in my life is to spread Christmas Cheer and GOOD CHOCOLATES!!
> >

> Oh, I thought your mission in life was to have a bunch of students
> living with you to share the bills and be your best friends. What's the
> matter, did they go home for the holidays rather than stick around with
> a lunatic landlord?

Best friends? No. I've made many good friend via my 30 years of Shared Student Living. On e sexual relationship too, her idea!

> > Our World need more Good Cheer and Good Chocolates!
> >
> > John Kuthe
> >

> The world doesn't need you yelling about anything. Or for buying good
> chocolates. There's a lovely local shop - a professional shop - in
> Beaufort that hand-makes and hand dips all sorts of chocolates and makes
> all sorts of other hand made candy confections. I've got no need to go
> to your almost up and running web site.

Ever hear McCartney's "Silly Love Songs"? Chocolates too! Otherwise there would not be so many chocolate sellers! People LOVE chocolate, especially females! I've had faux marriage proposals, and one female friend of mine loves Chocolate Covered Cherries like I do and calls them "Orgasms"!

> Will you *ever* figure out typing in all CAPS, cursing and using tons of
> exclamation points makes you look like a child?

And I DON'T CARE!

> I gather nothing came of the fantastic nursing jobs.
>
> Jill

My new agency's lady called me back and said she talked to Mom and Mom says OK (week before Christmas, she was out of town before that!) and I said if I have a preference I'd like to start if at all possible after Christmas, if Mom's OK with that. Because like everyone we are all very busy and it may be better to start a new nurse after Christmas. (Mom has several other children in the house and I'm sure her Christmas is terribly busy!)

And so far I have not heard back, I anticipate soon I will!

After Christmas!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 2:18:29 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> > On 12/25/2018 9:05 AM, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> NOPE!!! I GIVE AWAY Christmas Candy!!! I make and sell SOME of the
> >> same candies I make for my Christmas Candies for my FOR SLIM PROFIT
> >>

> > What a contradiction in terms.
> >
> >> My mission in my life is to spread Christmas Cheer and GOOD CHOCOLATES!!
> >>

> > Oh, I thought your mission in life was to have a bunch of students
> > living with you to share the bills and be your best friends. What's the
> > matter, did they go home for the holidays rather than stick around with
> > a lunatic landlord?
> >
> >> Our World need more Good Cheer and Good Chocolates!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe
> >>

> > The world doesn't need you yelling about anything. Or for buying good
> > chocolates. There's a lovely local shop - a professional shop - in
> > Beaufort that hand-makes and hand dips all sorts of chocolates and makes
> > all sorts of other hand made candy confections.
> >
> > Jill

> Yeah, but those are not hand dipped by a certified psychotic.

My Bipolar Disorder is well controlled and my Super Power!

John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 9:28:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:23:46 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

> > My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> > kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> > to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> > the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> > searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> > grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> > frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> > go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> > plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> > after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

> Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that
> way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down
> centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did
> bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just
> found
> it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l
>
> ==
>
> Awwww
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It was in a bag because we tried to deliver it to a lady that was interested
in dead birds at the Bishop Museum. She wasn't there so we got left holding
the bag.

My daughter got me one of those new fangled air-fryer thingies. I can only
imagine what kind of horrendous noise that thing must make. Hopefully,
she'll use it more than I.

=====

I have one of those btw there is a website for it. Some good recipes on
there

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 9:28:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 6:23:46 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2018-12-24 10:56 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > > Cats and dogs will kill snakes? That's very good to know.

> > My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> > kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> > to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> > the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> > searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> > grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> > frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> > go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> > plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> > after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

> Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that
> way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down
> centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did
> bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just
> found
> it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l
>
> ==
>
> Awwww
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

It was in a bag because we tried to deliver it to a lady that was interested
in dead birds at the Bishop Museum. She wasn't there so we got left holding
the bag.

My daughter got me one of those new fangled air-fryer thingies. I can only
imagine what kind of horrendous noise that thing must make. Hopefully,
she'll use it more than I.

=====

I have one of those btw there is a website for it. Some good recipes on
there
==

Ahhh I meant to say Facebook!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 10:32:58 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 2:18:29 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> > > What a contradiction in terms.

> > > Oh, I thought your mission in life was to have a bunch of students
> > > living with you to share the bills and be your best friends. What's the
> > > matter, did they go home for the holidays rather than stick around with
> > > a lunatic landlord?

> > > The world doesn't need you yelling about anything. Or for buying good
> > > chocolates. There's a lovely local shop - a professional shop - in
> > > Beaufort that hand-makes and hand dips all sorts of chocolates and makes
> > > all sorts of other hand made candy confections.
> > >
> > > Jill

> > Yeah, but those are not hand dipped by a certified psychotic.

> My Bipolar Disorder is well controlled and my Super Power!
>
> John Kuthe, RN, BSN, Cannabis Nurse GONNABE!

I have to admit you seem consistently manic, if that's what you mean
by "controlled".

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 10:55:16 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, December 25, 2018 at 9:28:55 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > My dog will certainly kill snakes. He was never one to chase down and
> > > kill small rodents, though he has taken off and run with deer. He seemed
> > > to have a real thing about snakes. Many times I saw him checking out
> > > the tall grass in the fields behind out house and thought he was
> > > searching for mice or rabbits, but it turned out to be snakes. He would
> > > grab and them and then give them a deadly shake. He had a thing for
> > > frogs too. He would sneak out to the gold fish pond beside out patio and
> > > go after the frogs than hang out there. He didn't seem to have any
> > > plans to eat the snakes and frogs. He just wanted to kill them. He went
> > > after a toad one day and discovered they are pretty foul tasting.

> > Our dog used to kill large spiders around here. She was pretty handy that
> > way. These cats don't do a god-damn thing! Well, one of them did hunt down
> > centipede. It was a good hunt. I got to give him that. Our other cat did
> > bring in a trophy the other day. I can't say if she killed it or just
> > found
> > it.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...CJYcN4a9YtDq6l
> >
> > ==
> >
> > Awwww
> >

> > --
> > http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

> It was in a bag because we tried to deliver it to a lady that was interested
> in dead birds at the Bishop Museum. She wasn't there so we got left holding
> the bag.
>
> My daughter got me one of those new fangled air-fryer thingies. I can only
> imagine what kind of horrendous noise that thing must make. Hopefully,
> she'll use it more than I.
>
> =====
>
> I have one of those btw there is a website for it. Some good recipes on
> there

What would you recommend cooking in this gizmo? I don't plan on using this.... this... thing, but what can you suggest that would work super duper in this monstrosity? I shall tell my daughter to cook it up.

My wife bought a Ronco Showtime rotisserie from her friend. I thought it was a bad deal but the thing actually works. I cooked a roast yesterday. There's no temperature control - you just set the time. That's goofy as hell but you just got to learn how to work the machine. I work well with machines.