Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Parents for school lunch

Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
be self thinking and independent.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 10:47:56 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
> be self thinking and independent.
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

I'd just raise the price of the lunch for adults to $14 then use the money to buy the kids candy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/29/2018 4:05 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 10:47:56 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>> be self thinking and independent.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

> I'd just raise the price of the lunch for adults to $14 then use the money to buy the kids candy.

Now that is a great solution. Afternoon would be great in the classroom
with sugar loaded kids!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and be
> self thinking and independent.
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

We've only had parent lunch visits on rare occasions. I don't recall there
ever being one for me. My brother had one. My mom went, ate the food then no
longer required us to buy lunch.

I had two with Angela. Both the same year. One was for a birthday. Since her
birthday is in July, she got to pick another time during the school year.
The next time was when they were giving oral book reports in costume. They
did something like 10 book reports per day and the parents of those kids
were allowed to come for lunch.

My school had a cafeteria but we had to eat in our classroom. We got a half
an hour. Angela's old school has a cafeteria now but did not in those days.
The food was prepared at another school and was brought in on Styrofoam
trays. 20 min. for lunch. Canned ravioli was what they served on the day
that I went. She wound up taking a snack of apples and carrots and then
eating her meal when she got home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
> be self thinking and independent.
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

I assume that's an elementary school situation. I was very active
in my daughter's elementary school...very first room dad (vs the
traditional room mother) for grades 3-6. I organized and
participated in all the class parties, field trips, and school
events. But I never went there to eat lunch with her. At least
with older elementary school kids, a parent showing up to eat
lunch with them would be embarrassing to them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/30/2018 10:46 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>> be self thinking and independent.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

> I assume that's an elementary school situation. I was very active
> in my daughter's elementary school...very first room dad (vs the
> traditional room mother) for grades 3-6. I organized and
> participated in all the class parties, field trips, and school
> events. But I never went there to eat lunch with her. At least
> with older elementary school kids, a parent showing up to eat
> lunch with them would be embarrassing to them.

Nothing wrong with being active and helping the school. My wife did
some of that and I did some after hours stuff.

This is a parent that comes just to have lunch with their baby and not
allow them to be a part of real life. One mother said it is good so she
can open the kids milk container. Let the kid struggle and get it done.
That is how kids learn to get ahead in life, not to let mommy do it for
them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>On 11/30/2018 10:46 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>
>>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>>> be self thinking and independent.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

>> I assume that's an elementary school situation. I was very active
>> in my daughter's elementary school...very first room dad (vs the
>> traditional room mother) for grades 3-6. I organized and
>> participated in all the class parties, field trips, and school
>> events. But I never went there to eat lunch with her. At least
>> with older elementary school kids, a parent showing up to eat
>> lunch with them would be embarrassing to them.
>>

>Nothing wrong with being active and helping the school. My wife did
>some of that and I did some after hours stuff.
>
>This is a parent that comes just to have lunch with their baby and not
>allow them to be a part of real life. One mother said it is good so she
>can open the kids milk container. Let the kid struggle and get it done.
>That is how kids learn to get ahead in life, not to let mommy do it for
>them.

Louis CK: "it's 2009 and we still put milk in this little paper box!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOg6SEcf_dY

sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
community where the median household income is over $200k

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:

> Louis CK: "it's 2009 and we still put milk in this little paper box!"
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOg6SEcf_dY
>
> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
> community where the median household income is over $200k

My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not sure how that works or if it's even true.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
>>
>> Louis CK: "it's 2009 and we still put milk in this little paper box!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOg6SEcf_dY

>> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
>> community where the median household income is over $200k

>My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not sure
>how that works or if it's even true.

when I was in around 5th grade we got milk in plastic bags that you
needed to pierce with a straw with a point on one end - the problem being
that many, many kids failed to cover the non-pointed end completely with
their thumb, and it ended up being a lot messier than those stupid cartons

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 9:30:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> dsi writes:
> >On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle wrote:
> >>
> >> Louis CK: "it's 2009 and we still put milk in this little paper box!"
> >>
> >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOg6SEcf_dY
> >>
> >> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
> >> community where the median household income is over $200k

> >My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not sure
> >how that works or if it's even true.

> when I was in around 5th grade we got milk in plastic bags that you
> needed to pierce with a straw with a point on one end - the problem being
> that many, many kids failed to cover the non-pointed end completely with
> their thumb, and it ended up being a lot messier than those stupid cartons

Well, kids should be taught to get off of the milk wagon anyway. I can't imagine that it's very good for them. They should be eating poi instead anyway. Then they will become strong - like Hawaiians.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-30 2:00 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle

>> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
>> community where the median household income is over $200k

> My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not
> sure how that works or if it's even true.

It's true. Milk is sold in cartons of various sizes; 250 ml, 500 ml,
1litre or 2 litre, basically half, pints, pints, quarts and 2 quarts.
The gallon equivalent is sold in bags. The 4 litre size is a bag that
contains 3 smaller plastic bags of about 1.3 litres each.

You need a special pitcher to slip the individual bags into.

https://www.living.ca/en/p-369932-lv..._wcB#sku382630

or: http://mentalfloss.com/article/81468...rink-milk-bags

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 12:05:34 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-11-30 2:00 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle

> >> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
> >> community where the median household income is over $200k

> > My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not
> > sure how that works or if it's even true.

> It's true. Milk is sold in cartons of various sizes; 250 ml, 500 ml,
> 1litre or 2 litre, basically half, pints, pints, quarts and 2 quarts.
> The gallon equivalent is sold in bags. The 4 litre size is a bag that
> contains 3 smaller plastic bags of about 1.3 litres each.
>
> You need a special pitcher to slip the individual bags into.
>

> https://www.living.ca/en/p-369932-lv..._wcB#sku382630
>
> or: http://mentalfloss.com/article/81468...rink-milk-bags

Do you live in Ontario?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TeRDhf41Mk
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-11-30 5:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 12:05:34 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> You need a special pitcher to slip the individual bags into.
>>

>> https://www.living.ca/en/p-369932-lv..._wcB#sku382630
>>
>> or: http://mentalfloss.com/article/81468...rink-milk-bags

> Do you live in Ontario?
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TeRDhf41Mk

Yes, I am in Ontario. The video didn't go any further east, but bagged
milk is also available in Quebec and and the Atlantic provinces, which
account for more than 60% of the country's population, so, contrary to
the video wannabe celebrity's claims, 2/3 of us can and do buy milk in
plastic bags.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 2018-11-30 2:00 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle

>>> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
>>> community where the median household income is over $200k

>> My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not
>> sure how that works or if it's even true.

> It's true. Milk is sold in cartons of various sizes; 250 ml, 500 ml,
> 1litre or 2 litre, basically half, pints, pints, quarts and 2 quarts.
> The gallon equivalent is sold in bags. The 4 litre size is a bag that
> contains 3 smaller plastic bags of about 1.3 litres each.
>
> You need a special pitcher to slip the individual bags into.
>

> https://www.living.ca/en/p-369932-lv..._wcB#sku382630
>
> or: http://mentalfloss.com/article/81468...rink-milk-bags

You can even buy milk in a bag here in the Midwest US, although it isnt
prolifically available in all stores. The gas station up the street still
sells it. Several years ago it was a €œthing€, but its mostly fallen out
of favor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 1:12:43 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-11-30 5:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 12:05:34 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> You need a special pitcher to slip the individual bags into.
> >>

> >> https://www.living.ca/en/p-369932-lv..._wcB#sku382630
> >>
> >> or: http://mentalfloss.com/article/81468...rink-milk-bags

> > Do you live in Ontario?
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TeRDhf41Mk
> >

> Yes, I am in Ontario. The video didn't go any further east, but bagged
> milk is also available in Quebec and and the Atlantic provinces, which
> account for more than 60% of the country's population, so, contrary to
> the video wannabe celebrity's claims, 2/3 of us can and do buy milk in
> plastic bags.

I shall take that as the definitive answer to the Canadian bag milk question. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:47:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
> be self thinking and independent.
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.

ObFood: Pussies eat sashimi. Real men eat pickled herring.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:06:59 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:

> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.

And end up living in your mom's basement and spend your days playing video
games.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 17:06:38 -0500, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2018-11-30 2:00 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle

>>> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
>>> community where the median household income is over $200k

>> My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not
>> sure how that works or if it's even true.

> It's true. Milk is sold in cartons of various sizes; 250 ml, 500 ml,
> 1litre or 2 litre, basically half, pints, pints, quarts and 2 quarts.
> The gallon equivalent is sold in bags. The 4 litre size is a bag that
> contains 3 smaller plastic bags of about 1.3 litres each.
>
> You need a special pitcher to slip the individual bags into.
>
> https://www.living.ca/en/p-369932-lv..._wcB#sku382630
>
> or: http://mentalfloss.com/article/81468...rink-milk-bags

It's kinda incredible that after 60 years Canadians haven't adopted
a package of milk you can close with a lid rather than having
collecting bacteria from the air and turning to shit.

OTOH, the little bugs probably love that shit.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:06:59 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
>> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
>> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
>> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.
>>

> And end up living in your mom's basement and spend your days playing video
> games.

Pulling Cheetos or Doritos out of the sofa cushions too.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 23:07:57 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:47:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>> be self thinking and independent.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

>Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
>away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
>you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
>a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.

Wow, you don't even need a ghost writer for your autobiography.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:09:54 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:06:59 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
>> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
>> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
>> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.
>>

>And end up living in your mom's basement and spend your days playing video
>games.

Is it ok if it's not in the basement?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 10:46:35 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>> be self thinking and independent.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

>I assume that's an elementary school situation. I was very active
>in my daughter's elementary school...very first room dad (vs the
>traditional room mother) for grades 3-6. I organized and
>participated in all the class parties, field trips, and school
>events.

You were just looking for milfs, admit it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jinx the Minx" wrote in message news
Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 2018-11-30 2:00 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:10:05 AM UTC-10, tert in seattle

>>> sounds like the moms do this for themselves - not surprising in a
>>> community where the median household income is over $200k

>> My understanding is that Canadians will put milk in a bag. I'm not
>> sure how that works or if it's even true.

> It's true. Milk is sold in cartons of various sizes; 250 ml, 500 ml,
> 1litre or 2 litre, basically half, pints, pints, quarts and 2 quarts.
> The gallon equivalent is sold in bags. The 4 litre size is a bag that
> contains 3 smaller plastic bags of about 1.3 litres each.
>
> You need a special pitcher to slip the individual bags into.
>

> https://www.living.ca/en/p-369932-lv..._wcB#sku382630
>
> or: http://mentalfloss.com/article/81468...rink-milk-bags

You can even buy milk in a bag here in the Midwest US, although it isnt
prolifically available in all stores. The gas station up the street still
sells it. Several years ago it was a €œthing€, but its mostly fallen out
of favor.

==

When I was a very young child, at school we were given 1/3 pint bottles of
milk with a straw at break time I have never seen those since

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> When I was a very young child, at school we were given 1/3 pint bottles of
> milk with a straw at break time I have never seen those since

Same here except they came in little cartons, not bottles. I
remember them costing 2 cents each. The straws were thin and made
of paper. That would be the school year of 1959-60 when I was in
1st grade. Kindergarten was not required in those days. It was
considered a pre-school option and parents had to pay for that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 12:06:59 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:47:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
> > cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
> > be self thinking and independent.
> >
> > https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.
>
> ObFood: Pussies eat sashimi. Real men eat pickled herring.
>
> -sw

What about a man who eats both?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> When I was a very young child, at school we were given 1/3 pint bottles of
> milk with a straw at break time I have never seen those since

Same here except they came in little cartons, not bottles. I
remember them costing 2 cents each. The straws were thin and made
of paper. That would be the school year of 1959-60 when I was in
1st grade. Kindergarten was not required in those days. It was
considered a pre-school option and parents had to pay for that.

==

Ours was free

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/1/2018 12:07 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:47:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>> be self thinking and independent.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.

The whole hysteria is good for a laugh, not seeing their kid every
few hours makes them freak out. It's reasonable to assume that a
student who is so delicate his mommy needs to help him with his
lunch is probably going to have a lot of help with his homework, too.
Can't see them struggle!

These are the people they mock on American Housewife.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> > ObFood: Pussies eat sashimi. Real men eat pickled herring.
> >

> What about a man who eats both?

No real men will eat either of those choices.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >I assume that's an elementary school situation. I was very active
> >in my daughter's elementary school...very first room dad (vs the
> >traditional room mother) for grades 3-6. I organized and
> >participated in all the class parties, field trips, and school
> >events.

> You were just looking for milfs, admit it.

heh heh. Not my goal but every job does have it's fringe
benefits. :-D Not the prime place to look for a new mate though.
Lots of nice, young and attractive women but most were either
married or living with a boyfriend. Gary wisely left those alone.
Not only do I respect a marriage (or even a live-in
relationship), to mess with a woman in either situation is just a
death wish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-01 1:53 PM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> ObFood: Pussies eat sashimi. Real men eat pickled herring.
>>>

>> What about a man who eats both?

> No real men will eat either of those choices.

Pickled herring with onion, sour cream and a beer is one of the world's
great flavour combinations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 01 Dec 2018 13:53:44 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>> > ObFood: Pussies eat sashimi. Real men eat pickled herring.
>> >

>> What about a man who eats both?

>No real men will eat either of those choices.

I eat both. Sashimi is in my top ten and so is Dutch "new" herring.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 14:07:10 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-12-01 1:53 PM, Gary wrote:
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> What about a man who eats both?

>> No real men will eat either of those choices.
>>

>Pickled herring with onion, sour cream and a beer is one of the world's
>great flavour combinations.

You're probably trying to say that you like it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 12:42:26 AM UTC-6, Cheri wrote:

> > wrote in message
> >
> > On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:06:59 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
> >> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
> >> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
> >> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.
> >>

> > And end up living in your mom's basement and spend your days playing video
> > games.

> Pulling Cheetos or Doritos out of the sofa cushions too.
>
> Cheri

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA, ewwwwwwwww!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 1:01:00 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:09:54 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >And end up living in your mom's basement and spend your days playing video
> >games.

> Is it ok if it's not in the basement?

What?! What?! Doesn't everybody have a basement?? I heard it's a requirement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:07:52 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 1:01:00 AM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:09:54 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >And end up living in your mom's basement and spend your days playing video
>> >games.

>> Is it ok if it's not in the basement?
>>

>What?! What?! Doesn't everybody have a basement?? I heard it's a requirement.

We have a rat and snake (not at the same time) infested shed. Does
that make up for no basement?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 2:20:09 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 12:07:52 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >What?! What?! Doesn't everybody have a basement?? I heard it's a requirement.

> We have a rat and snake (not at the same time) infested shed. Does
> that make up for no basement?

Ummmmmmm, no.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 03:18:05 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 12:06:59 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:47:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>>> be self thinking and independent.
>>>
>>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

>> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
>> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
>> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
>> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.
>>
>> ObFood: Pussies eat sashimi. Real men eat pickled herring.

> What about a man who eats both?

A Mama's Boy. Probably ate lunch at the school cafeteria with his
mother.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:47:52 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>> be self thinking and independent.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

>Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
>away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
>you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
>a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.
>
>ObFood: Pussies eat sashimi. Real men eat pickled herring.

Never knew that... and I've been gorging on pickled herring all my
life; matjes and schmaltz are favs but I like them all... chopped
herring on a bialy is another fav.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:09:54 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 11:06:59 PM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Lunchtime is where your cliques are formed. You'll be forever cast
>> away as "that kid eats with his mom" and be ignored and mocked until
>> you can start college in another state. By that time you're already
>> a homely wreck and unable to socialize normally.
>>

>And end up living in your mom's basement and spend your days playing video
>games.

Peeps west of the rockies don't have basements. . . . they live in
mommie's garage, in her Lincoln.... that's what Libs do because they
are alergic to work.