Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Parents for school lunch

On 11/30/2018 10:46 AM, Gary wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
>> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
>> be self thinking and independent.
>>
>> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

> I assume that's an elementary school situation. I was very active
> in my daughter's elementary school...very first room dad (vs the
> traditional room mother) for grades 3-6. I organized and
> participated in all the class parties, field trips, and school
> events. But I never went there to eat lunch with her. At least
> with older elementary school kids, a parent showing up to eat
> lunch with them would be embarrassing to them.

Nothing wrong with being active and helping the school. My wife did
some of that and I did some after hours stuff.

This is a parent that comes just to have lunch with their baby and not
allow them to be a part of real life. One mother said it is good so she
can open the kids milk container. Let the kid struggle and get it done.
That is how kids learn to get ahead in life, not to let mommy do it for
them.