Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Parents for school lunch

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Parents are upset because they are no longer welcome in the school
> cafeteria. I guess some parents don 't want their kids to grow up and
> be self thinking and independent.
>
> https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/2144161002/

I assume that's an elementary school situation. I was very active
in my daughter's elementary school...very first room dad (vs the
traditional room mother) for grades 3-6. I organized and
participated in all the class parties, field trips, and school
events. But I never went there to eat lunch with her. At least
with older elementary school kids, a parent showing up to eat
lunch with them would be embarrassing to them.