Vox Humana

Default Kitchenaid 4 slice toaster

"jeffmac" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi, Has anyone used one of these? I paid A$120 for a Russell Hobbs and
> it's too slow. Am considering a Kitchenaid for A$400 approx. Are they
> fast? Are the elements just the same as the usual cheap ones? Would I
> be paying just for "style" and "name"? Any info, stories etc
> appreciated.
>
> Jeff, Australia

If you are talking about the new "pro line" of expensive Kitchen Aid
appliance, they are relatively new in the USA. I doubt there is much history
on them. Before I spent that kind of money on a toaster, I would go to the
store with some bread and ask to try it. Otherwise, I would make sure to
get the return policy, in writing, so you can return the toaster if it
doesn't perform as you wish.

Howard Berkowitz

In article >, "Vox Humana"
> wrote:

> "jeffmac" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hi, Has anyone used one of these? I paid A$120 for a Russell Hobbs and
> > it's too slow. Am considering a Kitchenaid for A$400 approx. Are they
> > fast? Are the elements just the same as the usual cheap ones? Would I
> > be paying just for "style" and "name"? Any info, stories etc
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Jeff, Australia

> If you are talking about the new "pro line" of expensive Kitchen Aid
> appliance, they are relatively new in the USA. I doubt there is much
> history
> on them. Before I spent that kind of money on a toaster, I would go to
> the
> store with some bread and ask to try it. Otherwise, I would make sure to
> get the return policy, in writing, so you can return the toaster if it
> doesn't perform as you wish.

I had nothing but trouble with mine until it finally died. I've replaced
with a 2-large-slot T-fal and had excellent results, with better
controls.