Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All ye Roundup lovers unite!

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
> . ..
>
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:43:00 -0400, songbird wrote:
>
>> Would do much better to encourage people to grow
>> their own food instead. It's much cheaper and
>> better.

> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough at
> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>
> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work of
> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
> away enough food to last the winter.
>
> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
> ===
>
> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I returned
> was look at the garden.
>
> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds came
> up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>
> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had been
> mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>
> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.

==

Yers if I was not allergic to them) Many years ago, I was in a friend's
house and she had some in a vase on her table. I touched them, saying how
lovely whey were.

I was rushed down the the docs ... I think I will leave them there and
be careful not to touch them. What do you think?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
>> . ..
>>
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:43:00 -0400, songbird wrote:
>>
>>> Would do much better to encourage people to grow
>>> their own food instead. It's much cheaper and
>>> better.

>> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough at
>> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>>
>> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work
>> of
>> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
>> away enough food to last the winter.
>>
>> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
>> ===
>>
>> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I returned
>> was look at the garden.
>>
>> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds came
>> up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>>
>> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had been
>> mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>>
>> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

> LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.
>
> ==
>
> Yers if I was not allergic to them) Many years ago, I was in a friend's
> house and she had some in a vase on her table. I touched them, saying how
> lovely whey were.
>
> I was rushed down the the docs ... I think I will leave them there and
> be careful not to touch them. What do you think?

For sure, though I think I would get rid of them if I was you. No point in
taking the chance. Have D take them out.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you
>>> enough at
>>> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>>>
>>> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual
>>> work of
>>> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
>>> away enough food to last the winter.
>>>
>>> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I
>>> returned was look at the garden.
>>>
>>> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds
>>> came up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>>>
>>> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had
>>> been mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>>>
>>> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

>> LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Yers if I was not allergic to them) Many years ago, I was in a
>> friend's house and she had some in a vase on her table. I touched
>> them, saying how lovely whey were.
>>
>> I was rushed down the the docs ... I think I will leave them there
>> and be careful not to touch them. What do you think?

> For sure, though I think I would get rid of them if I was you. No point
> in taking the chance. Have D take them out.
>
> Cheri

The birds and squirrels will probably eat them this fall. If you do have
someone take them away, there could still be allergens on his hands and
clothes, thus contaminating your place.

If I had to be taken to a doctor the first time, I'll be damned if I
would go anywhere near them

Don't take any chances if you have a serious allergy!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike_Duffy wrote:
> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.

nowhere did i say they would grow all their vegetables.
there are a lot of factors involved in how much you can
grow.

if it gets them out of the house and moving and doing
something useful i'd consider that a positive thing in
and of itself.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
>> . ..
>>
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:43:00 -0400, songbird wrote:
>>
>>> Would do much better to encourage people to grow
>>> their own food instead. It's much cheaper and
>>> better.

>> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough at
>> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>>
>> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work
>> of
>> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
>> away enough food to last the winter.
>>
>> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
>> ===
>>
>> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I returned
>> was look at the garden.
>>
>> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds came
>> up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>>
>> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had been
>> mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>>
>> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

> LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.
>
> ==
>
> Yers if I was not allergic to them) Many years ago, I was in a friend's
> house and she had some in a vase on her table. I touched them, saying how
> lovely whey were.
>
> I was rushed down the the docs ... I think I will leave them there and
> be careful not to touch them. What do you think?

For sure, though I think I would get rid of them if I was you. No point in
taking the chance. Have D take them out.

Cheri

==

Hmmm I suspect you are right, but they look so beautiful

The weather is not too good atm so I won't be sitting out or working in it
and I do have all the meds I need if necessary ...

lol can you tell I am trying to keep them )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" wrote in message news
Cheri wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you
>>> enough at
>>> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>>>
>>> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual
>>> work of
>>> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
>>> away enough food to last the winter.
>>>
>>> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I
>>> returned was look at the garden.
>>>
>>> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds
>>> came up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>>>
>>> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had
>>> been mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>>>
>>> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

>> LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Yers if I was not allergic to them) Many years ago, I was in a
>> friend's house and she had some in a vase on her table. I touched
>> them, saying how lovely whey were.
>>
>> I was rushed down the the docs ... I think I will leave them there
>> and be careful not to touch them. What do you think?

> For sure, though I think I would get rid of them if I was you. No point
> in taking the chance. Have D take them out.
>
> Cheri

The birds and squirrels will probably eat them this fall. If you do have
someone take them away, there could still be allergens on his hands and
clothes, thus contaminating your place.

If I had to be taken to a doctor the first time, I'll be damned if I
would go anywhere near them

Don't take any chances if you have a serious allergy!

==

I have allergies to a few things and I do have the meds if needed. There
are only 3 so I doubt it would be too hard just to cut them down and stick
the heads in a large plastic bag. I will certainly bear that in mind if he
does have to and pass on your advice, so thank you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough
>>> at
>>> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>>>
>>> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work
>>> of
>>> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
>>> away enough food to last the winter.
>>>
>>> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I
>>> returned was look at the garden.
>>>
>>> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds came
>>> up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>>>
>>> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had been
>>> mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>>>
>>> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

>> LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Yers if I was not allergic to them) Many years ago, I was in a
>> friend's house and she had some in a vase on her table. I touched them,
>> saying how lovely whey were.
>>
>> I was rushed down the the docs ... I think I will leave them there
>> and be careful not to touch them. What do you think?

> For sure, though I think I would get rid of them if I was you. No point in
> taking the chance. Have D take them out.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Hmmm I suspect you are right, but they look so beautiful
>
> The weather is not too good atm so I won't be sitting out or working in it
> and I do have all the meds I need if necessary ...
>
> lol can you tell I am trying to keep them )

Yes, they are very pretty.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>>

>>> "Mike_Duffy" wrote in message
>>> . ..

>>> Growing beans on the balcony of a city apartment might give you enough
>>> at
>>> the end of the summer to feed one person one meal.
>>>
>>> The 'traditional' family farm required several acres and continual work
>>> of
>>> the entire family sunup to sundown from spring to autumn in order to put
>>> away enough food to last the winter.
>>>
>>> Your idea is well-intentioned, but ill-considered.
>>> ===
>>>
>>> We have been away for a few weeks. The first thing I did when I
>>> returned was look at the garden.
>>>
>>> Before I went away, I planted dwarf green beans. Most of the seeds came
>>> up as expected. Three plants got very tall.
>>>
>>> I assumed there was a mistake and some regular size green beans had been
>>> mixed in with the dwarf seeds.
>>>
>>> I now see we have 3 massive sunflowers!!!

>> LOL, I think that would be nice, even if unexpected.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Yers if I was not allergic to them) Many years ago, I was in a
>> friend's house and she had some in a vase on her table. I touched them,
>> saying how lovely whey were.
>>
>> I was rushed down the the docs ... I think I will leave them there
>> and be careful not to touch them. What do you think?

> For sure, though I think I would get rid of them if I was you. No point in
> taking the chance. Have D take them out.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Hmmm I suspect you are right, but they look so beautiful
>
> The weather is not too good atm so I won't be sitting out or working in it
> and I do have all the meds I need if necessary ...
>
> lol can you tell I am trying to keep them )

Yes, they are very pretty.

Cheri

==

I will give them a wide berth but at least I will be able to see them. If I
even get a hint of reaction, out they will have to go.

Strange looking beans eh lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message speaking of sunflower
allergy

> I will give them a wide berth but at least I will be able to see them. If
> even get a hint of reaction, out they will have to go.
>
> Strange looking beans eh lol

Sometimes the unexpected is prettier.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message speaking of sunflower
allergy

> I will give them a wide berth but at least I will be able to see them. If
> even get a hint of reaction, out they will have to go.
>
> Strange looking beans eh lol

Sometimes the unexpected is prettier.

Cheri

==

Well the bean flowers are very pretty .. but different) And yes, the
sunflowers were very unexpected and 'hugely' pretty <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/10/2018 9:52 PM, Druce wrote:

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-declares.html

This jes in: