Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Broccoli Soup Yesterday 6/12/18

Broccoli with three cheeses. It's just something I threw together on a
whim. I had a craving for broccoli-cheese soup. These are the
ingredients I had on hand.

I cooked a head of broccoli florets with chopped stems in a few inches
of salted water until tender. Pureed it in the cooking liquid in the
pot using my stick blender. I added about 1 cup of milk, pepper (black
and a dash of cayenne). Then I stirred in some finely shredded cheddar,
asiago cheese and a few dollops of brie. Sound like an odd combination?
It worked very well. Stirred the soup over medium heat until the
cheese was incorporated and the soup was nicely thickened. Quite tasty!

Of course I have leftovers. There's enough for a couple or three more
deep bowls of soup. When I reheat the leftover soup I'm thinking I
should also have toasty garlic bread or maybe some garlicky croutons to
sprinkle on top. It sort of begs for it.

Jill