Old 13-06-2018, 12:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Trimmer

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews
It'll do about a mile (2 hours) of weed whacking before the battery
needs charging, and weighs about half as much as my Echo pro model.
The weight was a big consideration for us as we need to carry it
pretty long distances from place to place. We don't think we will
ever go back to a 2 cycle trimmer. And this fully charges in about
two hours. This doesn't have quite the power of my Echo but is very
adequate for most jobs:
ps://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-LST136W-Lithium-Trimmer/product-reviews/B00I2F51SG/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=a ll_reviews

Old 13-06-2018, 02:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:19:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.
Old 13-06-2018, 02:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:07:04 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:19:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.

You had me confused for a moment, but you must mean petrol.
Old 13-06-2018, 03:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.

You had me confused for a moment, but you must mean petrol.

It's called gas (gasoline) here.

Old 13-06-2018, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:19:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.

You had me confused for a moment, but you must mean petrol.

Actually a 2 cycle, petrol/gasolene and oil... I have one, Echo, but
they are heavy and dealing with the fuel is a pain, and most
importantly with an electric there's no exhaust fumes right in your
face, also much quieter... no starting problems, no choke, no
flooding, just flip a switch. And the string feed system is quite
sophisticated, all automatic. My neighbor bought one and we tried it,
we bought one immediately, no going back. It arrived today, a
wonderful machine and no stinky fuel. Only thing is it's not quite as
powerful but heck, I'm not hacking bamboo. It's worth it just for the
weight difference alone, having to lug something all over this large
property every ounce counts, and it weighs about half as much. And
now when my wife wants to trim around the vegetable garden she doesn't
need me to start that fercocktah machine, now she simply flips a
switch and it runs... an amazing difference in every way.
And I like that there's no maintenence, no expensive tuneups. It
didn't cost much, half the price of the Echo, if it lasts three years
and dies I'm ahead of the game. The Echo needs a yearly tune up,
about $70 for greasing, new spark plug, carborator cleaning and
adjusting and a few other adjustments/settings. The electric trimmer
needs no more service than an electric pencil sharpener.... we've been
using our electric pencil sharpener nearly 30 years, all we ever do is
dump the shavings tray when it begins to overflow.
Okay, it's a much better string trimmer, I can't say more.

Old 13-06-2018, 04:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/12/2018 9:07 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:19:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.

Probably the same as mine. For my needs it is fine. Came as a kit with
a leaf blower too. It is not good for clearing the entire lawn, but for
the deck and driveway it is great.
Old 13-06-2018, 04:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.

You had me confused for a moment, but you must mean petrol.

It's called gas (gasoline) here.

Yes, I sort of knew that. But for a moment I was thinking of an LPG
bush wacker/whipper snipper/line trimmer.
Old 13-06-2018, 04:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:19:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.

You had me confused for a moment, but you must mean petrol.

Actually a 2 cycle, petrol/gasolene and oil... I have one, Echo, but
they are heavy and dealing with the fuel is a pain, and most
importantly with an electric there's no exhaust fumes right in your
face, also much quieter... no starting problems, no choke, no
flooding, just flip a switch. And the string feed system is quite
sophisticated, all automatic.

En electric one would be too weak for what I have to do. I also don't
use string for the same reason, but a metal blade.

Electric ones are for city ******s.

Old 13-06-2018, 04:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:38:14 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/12/2018 9:07 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:19:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews

I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
this year and he's using a gas powered model.

Probably the same as mine. For my needs it is fine. Came as a kit with
a leaf blower too.

No bum warmer included?
Old 13-06-2018, 04:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:51:07 -0500, Sqwertz
wrote:

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:19:06 -0400, wrote:

Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews

Pbbt. That's the KitchenAide meat grinder of weed-wackers. That
thing couldn't even cut the last of the those shriveled, wiry,
decrepit pubes on your scrotum.

AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

Supermarket Stevie's right. That's a mickey mouse machine.

Old 13-06-2018, 11:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

We've got both a string trimmer and one with a blade like a circular saw.
No point bring out the big guns for a little grass next to a flowerbed.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 13-06-2018, 11:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I agree. They're fine for light stuff.