Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default OT Trimmer

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 11:27:00 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 18:07:04 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 6:19:11 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone using a String Trimmer/Weed Whacker and is tired of lugging the
>>> weight and dealing with fuel this is an excellent alternative:
>>> https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-...=a ll_reviews
>>>

>>I've got a B&D 18 volt battery powered one. Someone else is doing my yard
>>this year and he's using a gas powered model.

>You had me confused for a moment, but you must mean petrol.

Actually a 2 cycle, petrol/gasolene and oil... I have one, Echo, but
they are heavy and dealing with the fuel is a pain, and most
importantly with an electric there's no exhaust fumes right in your
face, also much quieter... no starting problems, no choke, no
flooding, just flip a switch. And the string feed system is quite
sophisticated, all automatic. My neighbor bought one and we tried it,
we bought one immediately, no going back. It arrived today, a
wonderful machine and no stinky fuel. Only thing is it's not quite as
powerful but heck, I'm not hacking bamboo. It's worth it just for the
weight difference alone, having to lug something all over this large
property every ounce counts, and it weighs about half as much. And
now when my wife wants to trim around the vegetable garden she doesn't
need me to start that fercocktah machine, now she simply flips a
switch and it runs... an amazing difference in every way.
And I like that there's no maintenence, no expensive tuneups. It
didn't cost much, half the price of the Echo, if it lasts three years
and dies I'm ahead of the game. The Echo needs a yearly tune up,
about $70 for greasing, new spark plug, carborator cleaning and
adjusting and a few other adjustments/settings. The electric trimmer
needs no more service than an electric pencil sharpener.... we've been
using our electric pencil sharpener nearly 30 years, all we ever do is
dump the shavings tray when it begins to overflow.
Okay, it's a much better string trimmer, I can't say more.