Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Entemann's

On 2017-09-21 11:55 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 9:08, Cheri wrote:

>> Yep, not that I ever listened to *them* anyway.
>>
>> Cheri

> Butter was bad, eggs were bad, a lot of things were allegedly bad... at
> least until the next study was released.Â*

Heck, there is no point in doing a study unless the results are
different. It makes me wonder about something posted on FB about the
percentage of people who think that science can be subject to
interpretation. I am not going to try to defend the religious fundies,
but I have to acknowledge that there are conflicting theories out there
on various issues. A little over 100 years ago Phrenology was viewed as
science.

When it comes to food and health issues, one should be skeptical and
look at you sponsored the study. I was told to avoid coconut because it
is so high in cholesterol, but studies sponsored by the coconut business
try to pass off coconut oil as some sort of miracle food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 5:02:06 AM UTC-10, Casa de Masa wrote:

> A Vietnamese baguette perhaps?
>
> The rice flour makes them so good.

French bread is made by Vietnamese, Japanese, and American, bakers on this rock. I don't believe we have any French people making bread here though. Sacre bleu!

My guess is that the Vietnamese supply a lot of the bread sold in sandwich shops in the state. French style bakeries are quite popular in Japan and Hawaii. The Safeway down the street also makes French style loaves. They all seem pretty good to me but I've never tried to do a direct comparison.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 03:18:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

>> I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>> or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>> shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>>

>> ==
>>
>> Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>> butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>> grosses me
>> out big time <g>
>>
>> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>Savory pudding? Not sure we have those in this country.

You have to make them yourself. An example would be a breakfast bread
pudding casserole, with eggs, cheese, bacon, etc.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-21, Doris Night > wrote:

> You have to make them yourself. An example would be a breakfast bread
> pudding casserole, with eggs, cheese, bacon, etc.

You mean, like a quiche?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
news
> On 9/21/2017 9:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>> schools.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol)Â Â How's yours?

> Trolls have notoriously HIGH cholesterol, goes with the lifestyle...
>
> ;-)

LOL, it's because they're short and fat, especially in the belly area.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 9:51:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
> or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
> shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>

> ==
>
> Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
> butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
> grosses me
> out big time <g>
>
> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

If I can find a big bucket of lard at a good price, I'll try it. There's little chance of finding suet on this rock.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message speaking of "chicken little
Bruce"

> Life is short. Don't cut yourself that way.
> And also you say, To each their own.... try minding your OWN
> business rather than the constant preaching here.

Yes, the hysterical type warnings about everything under the sun does get
old.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12:17:46 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> Eh. Pie crust is one thing I don't do. Never comes out right. I either buy
> it or fake it with phyllo or some such thing.

It can be tricky. These days, I like to incorporate the fat into the flour by squishing it between my thumb and finger. It's a lot faster and a whole lot of fun. Using your hand to mix the dough is also faster. I forego the measurements and just eyeball the ingredients. I can whip up a crust pretty fast. This is a good thing because making pie crust ain't all that interesting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 12:27:53 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> I think in my entire lifetime, I may have bought 6 of them, if that.

It's a hell of a thing - buying French bread every single day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 21 Sep 2017 18:01:16 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2017-09-21, Doris Night > wrote:
>
>> You have to make them yourself. An example would be a breakfast bread
>> pudding casserole, with eggs, cheese, bacon, etc.

>You mean, like a quiche?
>
>nb

no, Google breakfast casserole.
I saute a little diced onion with some breakfast sausage cut in bite
size pieces, add some sliced mushrooms and some broccoli pieces, some
salt and pepper. Allow to cool a bit. In a bowl, cube some day old
bread, home made or French type is best. Beat some eggs with some
milk -- I add some red hot sauce of some type - whatever you've got in
the fridge. Shred some cheese, again, whatever you've got. Mix, put
into a baking pan that fits nicely. You want the eggy milk to pretty
much cover the bread. Press down lightly to make sure everything gets
wet. Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge over night. Bake 350F
until done. Done is when the stuff in the pan domes, doesn't jiggle
and is lightly browned. Serve hot or cold.
I'd show pictures, but Photobucket wants money from me to share and I
don't have Flicker set up yet.
You can go in any taste direction that you like by altering
ingredients. The Jimmy Dean recipe has a pretty good balance of eggs
to milk ratio.
I make this to use up stale home-made bread. Make it any size you
like. You can do a bread loaf pan or a roasting pan full. There's
all kind of different approaches to this. Like I said, Google
breakfast casserole.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:26:34 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Yes, someone in this newsgroup prefers the fake stuff, because "the
>> industry knows how to make it taste good". I'm not naming any names,
>> but he loves ferrets.

>Hi Brucie (wink, wink)
>
>John Kuthe also loves ferrets, don't you know?
>
>I don't prefer "the fake stuff" food but I'm also not
>so paranoid about it as you seem to be. You go on and on about
>ingredient lists and preach to others about the evils.

I don't preach, I inform.

>You sound like one of those reformed smokers, drinkers or even
>a born again christian. You constantly preach to others
>here about whatever you have given up. The most annoying
>class of people.
>
>As far as loving ferrets, that's not true. I still like
>meat but won't eat ferrets. Fantastic for companions but
>I won't eat them.
>
>Go kill some wild dogs. You obviously have way too much time
>on your hands trying to preach nutrition to others.
>
>Do what you choose for yourself. From there, mind your own
>business.

LOL, you tell me I'm preaching, but you're giving me orders now?

>Hey...I enjoy your posts even when they are against me but this
>ingredient list posting is getting a bit old and worn out.
>Maybe time to pick a new mission in life (or on RFC)

My ingredient lists are purely informative. They're not for you. You
love fake food. If you ever ate something natural you'd get sick. The
food industry loves clueless sheeple like you. They live off suckers
like you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:55:48 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" wrote:
>> > Yes, someone in this newsgroup prefers the fake stuff, because "the
>> > industry knows how to make it taste good". I'm not naming any names,
>> > but he loves ferrets.

>> Tee hee. I already knew who you were talking about.

>:-D So do I but remember,
>I'm not the only past ferret owner/lover in this group.
>
>Baby Brucie is such a hypocrite.
>He's vegetarian because he thinks it's wrong to kill
>animals for food.
>
>Yet he has no problem killing and eating seafood.
>God's animals that just happen to live underwater.
>He also supports killing dogs in his area just
>because they are annoying and killing other wildlife
>
>So it is in nature, wild dogs and all other predators
>kill to survive and feed their young. I suppose Brucebaby
>also supports killing off all lions, tigers, cougars, coyotes,
>wolves,etc, etc. The list of predators goes on and on but he
>only
>selects his local wild dogs to support the killing of. Not
>only that but just kill them for the hell of it and not even
>eat them.
>
>Bruce...if you ran across a den of those wild dog babies,
>would you slaughter them? Remember they will grow up to
>be the evil adults in your mind.
>
>Here's a pic of baby wolves - same threat as your dogs.
>http://slappedham.com/wp-content/upl...aby-Wolves.jpg

I'd comment on this if there was 1% chance you'd understand it.
Alas...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 13:07:10 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:41:39 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>>
>> >If you were actually educated and degreed as a chemist and
>> >specialized in food prep, you might realize the necessity for
>> >certain chemicals in food. Don't be so paranoid. Eat what you
>> >like, just not a whole lot of it.

>> If I buy cinnamon buns, I want the ingredients to be a liquid, a fat,
>> a yeast, a flour and cinnamon. If they have to organise a whole
>> science project to give the buns longer shelf life, a stronger
>> cinnamon flavour, a better colour, the correct consistency, an
>> attractive sheen, extra sweetness, an anti-coagulating agent and their
>> own IP address, they can stick the buns in a very dark place, as far
>> as I'm concerned. And then you can pull them out of that place and
>> happily consume them. To each their own!

>Life is short. Don't cut yourself that way.
>And also you say, To each their own.... try minding your OWN
>business rather than the constant preaching here.

I'm not telling people not to eat fake crap. I know you'll eat it all
your life. I'm only contributing and continuing to contribute a little
bit of information. So better prepare, Science Project Muncher.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:21:37 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message speaking of "chicken little
>Bruce"
>
>> Life is short. Don't cut yourself that way.
>> And also you say, To each their own.... try minding your OWN
>> business rather than the constant preaching here.

>Yes, the hysterical type warnings about everything under the sun does get
>old.

I know that sheeple find it annoying but that doesn't bother me.
Sheeple deserve to be annoyed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:24:07 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:51:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

>>I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>>or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>>shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>>

>>==
>>
>>Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>>butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>>grosses me
>>out big time <g>
>>
>>Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>>hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>>butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>schools.
>
>==
>
>Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

The less saturated fats -such as butter- I eat, the better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04:52 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>On 9/21/2017 11:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Bruce"* wrote in message

>>> No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>>> schools.

>> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol)** How's yours?

>I thought that whole Eating cholesterol raises your cholesterol
>thing was disproved years ago. There are people who produce too
>much of it on their own, of course. I know someone who has that
>problem. Eats clean as possible and still has an issue.

Eating cholesterol high foods doesn't make your cholesterol go up, but
eating saturated fats does.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 06:08:17 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>Yep, not that I ever listened to *them* anyway.

So you still smoke?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...

On 9/21/2017 11:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce" wrote in message

>> No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>> schools.

> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

I thought that whole Eating cholesterol raises your cholesterol
thing was disproved years ago. There are people who produce too
much of it on their own, of course. I know someone who has that
problem. Eats clean as possible and still has an issue.

nancy
==

I eat everything I want .. in moderation. Perhaps I am just lucky that I
have a small appetite, I don't know.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 9:51:28 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
> or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
> shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>

> ==
>
> Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
> butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
> grosses me
> out big time <g>
>
> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

If I can find a big bucket of lard at a good price, I'll try it. There's
little chance of finding suet on this rock.

==

If you try it out, do report back)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:51:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

>>I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>>or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>>shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>>

>>==
>>
>>Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>>butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>>grosses me
>>out big time <g>
>>
>>Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>>hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>>butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>schools.
>
>==
>
>Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

The less saturated fats -such as butter- I eat, the better.

==

Whatever keeps you healthy and happy) That is all that counts! I eat
what I like, but perhaps I don't eat a big enough amount to make such a
difference?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:46:01 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Nancy Young" wrote in message ...
>
>On 9/21/2017 11:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Bruce" wrote in message

>>> No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>>> schools.

>> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

>I thought that whole Eating cholesterol raises your cholesterol
>thing was disproved years ago. There are people who produce too
>much of it on their own, of course. I know someone who has that
>problem. Eats clean as possible and still has an issue.
>
>nancy
>==
>
>I eat everything I want .. in moderation. Perhaps I am just lucky that I
>have a small appetite, I don't know.

Yes, and it also depends on one's genes, of course. Some people smoke
until they're a 100.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:52:38 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:24:07 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:51:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:

>>>I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>>>or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>>>shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>>>

>>>==
>>>
>>>Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>>>butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>>>grosses me
>>>out big time <g>
>>>
>>>Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>>>hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>>>butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>>No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>>schools.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

>The less saturated fats -such as butter- I eat, the better.
>
>==
>
>Whatever keeps you healthy and happy) That is all that counts! I eat
>what I like, but perhaps I don't eat a big enough amount to make such a
>difference?

I'm also not saying that butter is a killer or anything. I'd rather
eat butter than smoke or not use a safety belt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 12:11 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 9/21/2017 9:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>>> schools.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol)Â Â How's yours?

>> Trolls have notoriously HIGH cholesterol, goes with the lifestyle...
>>
>> ;-)

> LOL, it's because they're short and fat, especially in the belly area.
>
> Cheri

The Wertz effect, yes...

...those alligator arms are deadly when the Ho Hos are within reach though...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 1:58 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> Do what you choose for yourself. From there, mind your own
>> business.

> LOL, you tell me I'm preaching, but you're giving me orders now?

HELL YES!

Now bugger off outta here, you common or garden variety troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 2:00 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 13:07:10 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> If I buy cinnamon buns, I want the ingredients to be a liquid, a fat,
>>> a yeast, a flour and cinnamon. If they have to organise a whole
>>> science project to give the buns longer shelf life, a stronger
>>> cinnamon flavour, a better colour, the correct consistency, an
>>> attractive sheen, extra sweetness, an anti-coagulating agent and their
>>> own IP address, they can stick the buns in a very dark place, as far
>>> as I'm concerned. And then you can pull them out of that place and
>>> happily consume them. To each their own!

>> Life is short. Don't cut yourself that way.
>> And also you say, To each their own.... try minding your OWN
>> business rather than the constant preaching here.

> I'm not telling people not to eat fake crap.

Yeah you are and did!

> I know you'll eat it all
> your life.

Omniscient much?

> I'm only contributing and continuing to contribute a little
> bit of information.

Right...Mr. Informative is 'only" here to help...

> So better prepare, Science Project Muncher.

Sod off, swampy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 2:01 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:21:37 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Gary" > wrote in message speaking of "chicken little
>> Bruce"
>>
>>> Life is short. Don't cut yourself that way.
>>> And also you say, To each their own.... try minding your OWN
>>> business rather than the constant preaching here.

>> Yes, the hysterical type warnings about everything under the sun does get
>> old.

> I know that sheeple find it annoying but that doesn't bother me.
> Sheeple deserve to be annoyed.

Are you getting how many regulars here are SICK of you yet?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 2:04 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Eating cholesterol high foods doesn't make your cholesterol go up

Bullshit!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:03:55 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:24:07 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>
>>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:51:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:

>>>I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>>>or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>>>shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>>>

>>>==
>>>
>>>Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>>>butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>>>grosses me
>>>out big time <g>
>>>
>>>Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>>>hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>>>butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>>No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>>schools.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

>The less saturated fats -such as butter- I eat, the better.

There was ONE study that found that, and several (dozen) more that
didn't. But if you WANT to belueve nonsense, THAT is your right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 1:19:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 22:21:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
> >
> >Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> Margerine is hardly different from Crisco, except for the coloring.

But, but, but margarine is completely different in Washington
state, didn't you know that?????? Besides, there are NO stores
within 100 miles of her that stocks margarine and she can't or
won't eat it and her family asks for it for then they won't eat
it either.

Did I cover all the excuses?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:04:58 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04:52 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

>>> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol)** How's yours?

>>I thought that whole Eating cholesterol raises your cholesterol
>>thing was disproved years ago. There are people who produce too
>>much of it on their own, of course. I know someone who has that
>>problem. Eats clean as possible and still has an issue.

>Eating cholesterol high foods doesn't make your cholesterol go up, but
>eating saturated fats does.

NOT true.

If you're genetically dispoed to high cholestrol, you'll probably HAVE
it. If you're NOT, then you won't.

*I* am, fortunately, on the latter side of that equation.

I've eaten meat and potatoes primarily all my life.
And sausage, salami, pepperoni, and CHEESE, LOT of cheese.

My cholestrol is just fine, and I'm almost 70.

JUST came from my annual Doctor's visit, and he is totally fine with
my health. Total cholestrol is 191, and both LDL and HDL are well
within normal limits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 3:15 PM, Bruce wrote:
> Some people smoke until they're a 100.

We call those "reburns"...pesky to put out too...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 3:16 PM, Bruce wrote:
> I'd rather eat butter than smoke or not use a safety belt.

In which venue is that a regular choice???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-09-21 5:51 PM, wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:04:58 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04:52 -0400, Nancy Young
>> > wrote:

>>> I thought that whole Eating cholesterol raises your cholesterol
>>> thing was disproved years ago. There are people who produce too
>>> much of it on their own, of course. I know someone who has that
>>> problem. Eats clean as possible and still has an issue.

>> Eating cholesterol high foods doesn't make your cholesterol go up, but
>> eating saturated fats does.

> NOT true.
>
> If you're genetically dispoed to high cholestrol, you'll probably HAVE
> it. If you're NOT, then you won't.
>
> *I* am, fortunately, on the latter side of that equation.
>
> I've eaten meat and potatoes primarily all my life.
> And sausage, salami, pepperoni, and CHEESE, LOT of cheese.
>
> My cholestrol is just fine, and I'm almost 70. >
> JUST came from my annual Doctor's visit, and he is totally fine with
> my health. Total cholestrol is 191, and both LDL and HDL are well
> within normal limits.

Count yourself lucky. My cholesterol level was just fine when I started
having symptoms of what turned out to be angina caused by a complete
blockage of my left main coronary artery and I ended up having emergency
bypass surgery. My brother's cholesterol level was just fine when he
had a heart attack

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 18:38:15 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-09-21 5:51 PM, wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:04:58 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:04:52 -0400, Nancy Young

>>> Eating cholesterol high foods doesn't make your cholesterol go up, but
>>> eating saturated fats does.

>> NOT true.
>>
>> If you're genetically dispoed to high cholestrol, you'll probably HAVE
>> it. If you're NOT, then you won't.
>>
>> *I* am, fortunately, on the latter side of that equation.
>>
>> I've eaten meat and potatoes primarily all my life.
>> And sausage, salami, pepperoni, and CHEESE, LOT of cheese.
>>
>> My cholestrol is just fine, and I'm almost 70. >
>> JUST came from my annual Doctor's visit, and he is totally fine with
>> my health. Total cholestrol is 191, and both LDL and HDL are well
>> within normal limits.
>>

>Count yourself lucky. My cholesterol level was just fine when I started
>having symptoms of what turned out to be angina caused by a complete
>blockage of my left main coronary artery and I ended up having emergency
> bypass surgery. My brother's cholesterol level was just fine when he
>had a heart attack

Was it caused by high blood pressure then?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 06:08:17 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid.
>>> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry
>>> about
>>> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>>Yep, not that I ever listened to *them* anyway.

> So you still smoke?

Do you think I quit because of them? If you do you are truly delusional, as
the saying goes...my body, my science experiment

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 5:06 PM, Cheri wrote:
> as the saying goes...my body, my science experiment
>
> Cheri

Right on.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:06:44 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 06:08:17 -0700, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>Yep, not that I ever listened to *them* anyway.

>> So you still smoke?

>Do you think I quit because of them? If you do you are truly delusional, as
>the saying goes...my body, my science experiment

Of course you quit for health reasons.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 07:55:45 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:51:37 -0700, wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 06:04:58 +1000, Bruce >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Eating cholesterol high foods doesn't make your cholesterol go up, but
>>>eating saturated fats does.

>>NOT true.
>>
>>If you're genetically dispoed to high cholestrol, you'll probably HAVE
>>it. If you're NOT, then you won't.
>>
>>*I* am, fortunately, on the latter side of that equation.
>>
>>I've eaten meat and potatoes primarily all my life.
>>And sausage, salami, pepperoni, and CHEESE, LOT of cheese.
>>
>>My cholestrol is just fine, and I'm almost 70.

>Saturated fat increases cholesterol. Just because you don't have high
>cholesterol doesn't change that. Some people smoke and live to a 100.
>Do we now declare smoking good for you? Uhm, no.
>
>>JUST came from my annual Doctor's visit, and he is totally fine with
>>my health. Total cholestrol is 191, and both LDL and HDL are well
>>within normal limits.

>Congratulations, but that's purely anecdotal.

I don't know what mine is - whenever I have a blood test my doc knows
if she tests for that, I don't want to know. It's a measure pulled
out the air by some study and may, or may not be, relevant.

I have pnuemonia at the moment and while waiting for the prescription
to be filled, I fiddled about with the machine where you can measure
your blood pressure etc. All far below normal (which the pharmacist
thought was admirable) and I eat, as I always did, a little of
everything and not too much of anything. Note, I did ignore the two
eggs per week and no real butter when they promoted that. Bloody
stupid, how can an egg, developed to feed a fetus be bad for you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 09:25:30 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:06:44 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> So you still smoke?

>>Do you think I quit because of them? If you do you are truly delusional, as
>>the saying goes...my body, my science experiment

>Of course you quit for health reasons.

David and I quit about 40 years ago because the premier of NS at that
time was raising the sin tax, bringing a carton of cigarettes to just
over $10 lol I understand now a packet of cigs nears $20 so it was a
good move financially.