Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Entemann's

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 22:21:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Gary" > wrote in message ...
>> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Before Crisco there was (drumroll, please): Butter!
>>>
>>> Not as stable as Crisco, but much, much tastier.

>> I would agree. Even using just Crisco and sugar, some butter
>> added could only make it better.

>Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

Margerine is hardly different from Crisco, except for the coloring.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://heidelbergbread.com/bread/

>Looks like real bread, the way it should be. We have a bakery the next
>town over that has good bread and pastries. I'm in there a couple of
>times a week.

PO Box in NY, and NOTHING else on where you might find it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:58:17 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:43:26 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sure you can do it in big cities too. You'll even have more
>>> choice.

>>I can't imagine a person that has such a skewed view of Americans life.
>>American don't buy bread from small bakeries every day. I suppose that
>>some might but they're obviously living in some kind of French movie
>>fantasy. You might want to do some research on life in America before
>>dreaming up your fantasies.

> All I'm saying is thet you have a choice. You can buy real bread from
> a bakery or crap bread from a supermarket. If the sheeple buy the
> supermarket bread, that's up to them, but they have the choice. Didn't
> you know the US was the land of opportunities?

Our supermarkets here do have their own bakeries and at least in this area,
most also sell artisan bread from other bakeries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 13:01:18 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 1:22:41 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

>>> It goes as follows: you buy a real bread and you eat it before it goes
>>> stale. I'm told that in the old days, you could even buy half a loaf.
>>> How advanced is that?

>>I can buy half a loaf at my local bakery. Usually, though, I buy a whole
>>loaf and freeze it. Not as good as fresh bread, but it keeps the bread
>>from going stale (or moldy), and I can go to the bakery (and resist its
>>other temptations) once a week rather than more often.
>>
>>Ingredients: flour, water, salt, yeast.

> That's it.
>
>>Grocery store bread is dismal.

> Yes, even frozen real bread beats it hands down.

I am not so sure. That Batard that I baked could have been used as a weapon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:08:54 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> Why are they necessary? For a couple of centuries cakes were made
>>> without
>>> them. I made a cake on Sunday. Flour, sugar, milk, eggs, butter,
>>> vanilla, baking powder, salt. No other chemicals and tastes better than
>>> anything from a package.
>>>
>>> Necessary usually translates to cheaper, longer lasting, more
>>> profitable.
>>>
>>> Same with ice cream. Gums are cheaper than mild and fruit. The best
>>> ice
>>> cream does not have them.

>>People have gotten used to eating crap. Give them real food and they think
>>it tastes weird.

> Yes, someone in this newsgroup prefers the fake stuff, because "the
> industry knows how to make it taste good". I'm not naming any names,
> but he loves ferrets.

Tee hee. I already knew who you were talking about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:43:26 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> I'm sure you can do it in big cities too. You'll even have more
> choice.

I can't imagine a person that has such a skewed view of Americans life.
American don't buy bread from small bakeries every day. I suppose that some
might but they're obviously living in some kind of French movie fantasy. You
might want to do some research on life in America before dreaming up your
fantasies.

Perhaps in some areas. I know people who lived in Seattle, near the Pike
Place Market. They would stop every day after work to pick up something
fresh for dinner and perhaps something for breakfast. I think they are the
exception though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 23:53:46 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:08:54 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>People have gotten used to eating crap. Give them real food and they think
>>>it tastes weird.

>> Yes, someone in this newsgroup prefers the fake stuff, because "the
>> industry knows how to make it taste good". I'm not naming any names,
>> but he loves ferrets.

>Tee hee. I already knew who you were talking about.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:41:39 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>If you were actually educated and degreed as a chemist and
>specialized in food prep, you might realize the necessity for
>certain chemicals in food. Don't be so paranoid. Eat what you
>like, just not a whole lot of it.

If I buy cinnamon buns, I want the ingredients to be a liquid, a fat,
a yeast, a flour and cinnamon. If they have to organise a whole
science project to give the buns longer shelf life, a stronger
cinnamon flavour, a better colour, the correct consistency, an
attractive sheen, extra sweetness, an anti-coagulating agent and their
own IP address, they can stick the buns in a very dark place, as far
as I'm concerned. And then you can pull them out of that place and
happily consume them. To each their own!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 03:25:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> No. they are not. Evidently there are no good bakeries near you.

>>"Just as good as they always were" might be true, since 0 = 0.
>>
>>That said, I used to love Entenmann's until we got a superlative
>>bakery.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

> Most any neighborhood bakery is/was better than Entenmann's...
> Entenmann's is/was a fast food bakery, everything prebaked/pre
> packaged. Entenmann's used to be pretty good for a less costly baked
> product (cheapskates would bring Entenmann's when they visited
> someone), but over the past few years they've changed owners several
> times and their product became garbage... today any box cake is far
> superior.

The Entemann's that I remember were sweet and weirdly gummy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Casa de Masa" > wrote in message
news
> On 9/19/2017 11:20 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> tahe docnuts were always dry and stale.
>>

> The doc's nuts?

OMG! First the garbage man and now this. Freaky!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.

==

Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
grosses me
out big time <g>

Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:51:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

>I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>

>==
>
>Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>grosses me
>out big time <g>
>
>Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
schools.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
> or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
> shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.

Eh. Pie crust is one thing I don't do. Never comes out right. I either buy
it or fake it with phyllo or some such thing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
> or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
> shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>

> ==
>
> Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
> butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
> grosses me
> out big time <g>
>
> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

Savory pudding? Not sure we have those in this country.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 22:21:38 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> I would agree. Even using just Crisco and sugar, some butter
>>> added could only make it better.

>>Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> Margerine is hardly different from Crisco, except for the coloring.

Different flavor. Unless it's butter flavored Crisco.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 5:11:39 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Unless perhaps you live in a big city where you can still do that.

> I don't live in the big city but I sure can buy a baguette every single
> day. I don't do that because that thought has never occurred to me and I'm
> just not that into bread.

I think in my entire lifetime, I may have bought 6 of them, if that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:58:20 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:43:26 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> >
> > I'm sure you can do it in big cities too. You'll even have more
> > choice.

> I can't imagine a person that has such a skewed view of Americans life. American don't buy bread from small bakeries every day. I suppose that some might but they're obviously living in some kind of French movie fantasy. You might want to do some research on life in America before dreaming up your fantasies.

Not every day, no. The type of American who would buy good bakery bread
wouldn't eat a loaf every day.

I live in a small city of about 100000, and I stop at the bakery once a
week on my lunch hour to buy bread. Dozens of other people do the same
thing at the same time I'm there.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 1:30:03 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.

Lard makes an excellent pie crust.

Butter makes a delicious pie crust as well, but you have to take care,
since it has water in it, not to toughen the crust.

Flaky and tender; the extremes that come together to form the best
pie crust:

<http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/season2/crust/crusttranscript.htm>

Although I can't agree with his use of corn meal.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 03:30:38 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 11:58:20 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:43:26 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm sure you can do it in big cities too. You'll even have more
>> > choice.

>> I can't imagine a person that has such a skewed view of Americans life. American don't buy bread from small bakeries every day. I suppose that some might but they're obviously living in some kind of French movie fantasy. You might want to do some research on life in America before dreaming up your fantasies.

>Not every day, no. The type of American who would buy good bakery bread
>wouldn't eat a loaf every day.
>
>I live in a small city of about 100000, and I stop at the bakery once a
>week on my lunch hour to buy bread. Dozens of other people do the same
>thing at the same time I'm there.

Why would this guy on his rock even think Americans won't do that? He
must think there are no Americans with good taste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Yes, someone in this newsgroup prefers the fake stuff, because "the
> industry knows how to make it taste good". I'm not naming any names,
> but he loves ferrets.

Hi Brucie (wink, wink)

John Kuthe also loves ferrets, don't you know?

I don't prefer "the fake stuff" food but I'm also not
so paranoid about it as you seem to be. You go on and on about
ingredient lists and preach to others about the evils.

You sound like one of those reformed smokers, drinkers or even
a born again christian. You constantly preach to others
here about whatever you have given up. The most annoying
class of people.

As far as loving ferrets, that's not true. I still like
meat but won't eat ferrets. Fantastic for companions but
I won't eat them.

Go kill some wild dogs. You obviously have way too much time
on your hands trying to preach nutrition to others.

Do what you choose for yourself. From there, mind your own
business.

Hey...I enjoy your posts even when they are against me but this
ingredient list posting is getting a bit old and worn out.
Maybe time to pick a new mission in life (or on RFC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote:
> > Yes, someone in this newsgroup prefers the fake stuff, because "the
> > industry knows how to make it taste good". I'm not naming any names,
> > but he loves ferrets.

> Tee hee. I already knew who you were talking about.

:-D So do I but remember,
I'm not the only past ferret owner/lover in this group.

Baby Brucie is such a hypocrite.
He's vegetarian because he thinks it's wrong to kill
animals for food.

Yet he has no problem killing and eating seafood.
God's animals that just happen to live underwater.
He also supports killing dogs in his area just
because they are annoying and killing other wildlife

So it is in nature, wild dogs and all other predators
kill to survive and feed their young. I suppose Brucebaby
also supports killing off all lions, tigers, cougars, coyotes,
wolves,etc, etc. The list of predators goes on and on but he
only
selects his local wild dogs to support the killing of. Not
only that but just kill them for the hell of it and not even
eat them.

Bruce...if you ran across a den of those wild dog babies,
would you slaughter them? Remember they will grow up to
be the evil adults in your mind.

Here's a pic of baby wolves - same threat as your dogs.
http://slappedham.com/wp-content/upl...aby-Wolves.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

Yep, not that I ever listened to *them* anyway.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 9:12 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Nowadays Bimbo owns Entenmann's, and they are producing dreck.

> Hmmm... I thought Sarah Lee owned Bimbo?

No.

The opposite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupo_Bimbo

Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V., known as Bimbo, is a Mexican multinational
bakery product manufacturing company headquartered in Mexico City,
Mexico. It is the world's largest baking company[1] and operates the
largest bakeries in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Chile and Spain,
and has some of the widest distribution networks in Mexico and the
United States. It was also the ninth largest company of Mexico by
revenues in 2013.[2]

Bimbo reported revenues of US$14.1 billion for 2014. It has more than
129,000 employees, 165 manufacturing plants[3] and 2.5 million sales
centers [4] located in 22 countries in America, Europe and Asia. It
operates more than 100 trademarks, among which a Bimbo, Tia Rosa,
Marinela, Wonder (in Mexico only), Barcel, Sara Lee, Mrs Baird's and
Oroweat. Bimbo has one of the widest distribution networks in the world,
surpassing 52,000 routes[5] Bimbo operates under a scheme of recurrent
sales channels views, making three daily visits to the same establishment.

In June 2015, Bimbo was considered as a possible buyer of Hostess
Brands, the manufacturer of Twinkies valued at US$2 billion.[6] However,
a month later Hostess Brands' owners cancelled its plans to sell the
company after failing to receive any offers.[7]

Bimbo is listed on the Mexican Stock Exchange since 1980 and is a
constituent of the IPC, the main benchmark index of Mexican stocks. In
2016, Forbes magazine ranked Grupo Bimbo at #986 on the Forbes Global
2000, an annual ranking of the top 2,000 public companies in the world.[8]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 9:58 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 10:43:26 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> I'm sure you can do it in big cities too. You'll even have more
>> choice.

> I can't imagine a person that has such a skewed view of Americans life. American don't buy bread from small bakeries every day. I suppose that some might but they're obviously living in some kind of French movie fantasy. You might want to do some research on life in America before dreaming up your fantasies.

Have you noticed his ongoing 'un-hingement' is advancing rapidly of late?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/20/2017 11:22 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 5:11:39 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Unless perhaps you live in a big city where you can still do that.

> I don't live in the big city but I sure can buy a baguette every single day. I don't do that because that thought has never occurred to me and I'm just not that into bread.

A Vietnamese baguette perhaps?

The rice flour makes them so good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 4:45 AM, Bruce wrote:
> He must think there are no Americans with good taste.

Your hateful trolling has become quite evident, asshole.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Casa de Masa wrote:
>dsi1 wrote:
>>Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm sure you can do it in big cities too. You'll even have more
>>> choice.

>> I can't imagine a person that has such a skewed view of Americans life. American don't buy bread from small bakeries every day.

Most people in NYC frequent small neighborhood bakeries as needed and
considering the population buy pitifully little packaged baked goods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"dsi1" wrote in message
>
>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

>I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>

>==
>
>Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>grosses me
>out big time <g>
>
>Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
schools.

==

Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 1:30:03 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

> I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
> or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
> shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.

Lard makes an excellent pie crust.

Butter makes a delicious pie crust as well, but you have to take care,
since it has water in it, not to toughen the crust.

Flaky and tender; the extremes that come together to form the best
pie crust:

<http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/season2/crust/crusttranscript.htm>

Although I can't agree with his use of corn meal.

Cindy Hamilton

==

I will use butter for pies, but only rarely and for somethings.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
> hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
> butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

Yep, not that I ever listened to *them* anyway.

Cheri

==

lol me neither) Same with eggs ... remember?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 9:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
> schools.
>
> ==
>
> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol)Â*Â* How's yours?

Trolls have notoriously HIGH cholesterol, goes with the lifestyle...

;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 16:24:07 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 08:51:13 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"dsi1" wrote in message
>>
>>On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 7:21:45 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> Margarine or coconut oil would be better than Crisco.

Margerine is Crisco dyed yellow.

>>I'm not so sure that the results would be better for pie crust with butter
>>or coconut oil. My guess is that suet or lard would work great for a
>>shortcrust but the idea kinda grosses me out.
>>

>>==
>>
>>Try it I have used lard in my pastry all my life I use lard and
>>butter and some olive oil for frying but the other things I read about
>>grosses me
>>out big time <g>
>>
>>Suet is good for savoury puddings We had margarine when I was a kid. I
>>hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big cry about
>>butter being bad for us. Odd how they have changed their minds)

>No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>schools.
>
>==
>
>Nothing wrong with my cholesterol) How's yours?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 11:05 AM, Casa de Masa wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 4:45 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> He must think there are no Americans with good taste.

> Your hateful trolling has become quite evident, asshole.

Forged.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 9:08, Cheri wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> Suet is good for savoury puddings* We had margarine when I was a
>> kid. I hated and have never bought it since, even when there was a big
>> cry about butter being bad for us.* Odd how they have changed their
>> minds)

> Yep, not that I ever listened to *them* anyway.
>
> Cheri

Butter was bad, eggs were bad, a lot of things were allegedly bad... at
least until the next study was released.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 11:24 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Bruce"Â* wrote in message

>> No, it still increases your cholesterol. We must be from different
>> schools.

> Nothing wrong with my cholesterol)Â*Â* How's yours?

I thought that whole Eating cholesterol raises your cholesterol
thing was disproved years ago. There are people who produce too
much of it on their own, of course. I know someone who has that
problem. Eats clean as possible and still has an issue.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/21/2017 9:47 AM, Casa de Masa wrote:
> On 9/21/2017 11:05 AM, Casa de Masa wrote:
>> On 9/21/2017 4:45 AM, Bruce wrote:
>>> He must think there are no Americans with good taste.

>> Your hateful trolling has become quite evident, asshole.
> >

> Forged.

forged
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> >> Yes, someone in this newsgroup prefers the fake stuff, because "the
> >> industry knows how to make it taste good". I'm not naming any names,
> >> but he loves ferrets.

> >Tee hee. I already knew who you were talking about.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2v01vv9.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:41:39 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >If you were actually educated and degreed as a chemist and
> >specialized in food prep, you might realize the necessity for
> >certain chemicals in food. Don't be so paranoid. Eat what you
> >like, just not a whole lot of it.

> If I buy cinnamon buns, I want the ingredients to be a liquid, a fat,
> a yeast, a flour and cinnamon. If they have to organise a whole
> science project to give the buns longer shelf life, a stronger
> cinnamon flavour, a better colour, the correct consistency, an
> attractive sheen, extra sweetness, an anti-coagulating agent and their
> own IP address, they can stick the buns in a very dark place, as far
> as I'm concerned. And then you can pull them out of that place and
> happily consume them. To each their own!

Life is short. Don't cut yourself that way.
And also you say, To each their own.... try minding your OWN
business rather than the constant preaching here.