Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Entemann's

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:39:35 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> I remember a UK cooking show where the host (James Martin?) always
>>> asked contestants: "What's for pud"? He really meant 'desert'.

>>I think Yorkshire Pudding is someone akin to a popover in terms of
>>ingredients. Lemme see...
>>
>>http://allrecipes.com/recipe/22539/q...shire-pudding/
>>
>>http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24581/p...d=cardslot%202
>>
>>Yep. Pretty much. I don't know anyone who does popovers these days either.
>>do recall sw saying that he made them. I think they were more common when
>>my
>>parents or grandparents were kids.
>>
>>I do think I made popovers twice, as kid. Twice because I thought I had
>>messed them up the first time.

> lol
>
>> Nope. Again, nobody liked them. Also remember
>>conversation with sw about how we put filling in ours and he didn't. I
>>think
>>we used scrambled eggs. Person who submitted the recipe that I posted said
>>they put jam in theirs. Anyhoo...
>>
>>The difference I think is that Yorkshire pudding is usually cooked with
>>the
>>meat while popovers are done in muffin tins. Oh and... I never heard
>>anyone
>>refer to a popover as a pudding.

> The whole idea of meat in a pudding, with jam... I don't know. If I
> saw it, I'd probably call an ambulance.
>
>>And what of the Cheese Strata?
>>
>>http://www.cooks.com/recipe/nv6h15d1/cheese-strata.html
>>
>>Is this what the Europeans would call cheese pudding? I guess it is
>>essentially a savory bread pudding; no? And yet, people over here call it
>>strata and not a pudding.

> I've never heard of a cheese pudding before. Sounds like a fondue to
> me.

Would you believe that I never had fondue? Just doesn't sound appealing. I
do like a good queso dip though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:47:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> On 2017-09-22 8:37 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>>> On Fri 22 Sep 2017 04:47:35p, Cheri told us...

>>> What a POS.
>>>

>> Hmm.... that is a curious comment from someone who, after I described her
>> behaviour, said you would never allow her into your house.

>I don't want to go to either of your houses, thank you.

I thought that one was about his niece.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 02:07:02 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>>>And what of the Cheese Strata?
>>>
>>>http://www.cooks.com/recipe/nv6h15d1/cheese-strata.html
>>>
>>>Is this what the Europeans would call cheese pudding? I guess it is
>>>essentially a savory bread pudding; no? And yet, people over here call it
>>>strata and not a pudding.

>> I've never heard of a cheese pudding before. Sounds like a fondue to
>> me.

>Would you believe that I never had fondue? Just doesn't sound appealing. I
>do like a good queso dip though.

I like cheese fondue, although I nearly set the kitchen table on fire
with one once.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:47:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> Hmm.... that is a curious comment from someone who, after I described
>>> her
>>> behaviour, said you would never allow her into your house.

>>I don't want to go to either of your houses, thank you.

> I thought that one was about his niece.

Could be. But I still don't want to go there. Would you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> I've never heard of a cheese pudding before. Sounds like a fondue to
>>> me.

>>Would you believe that I never had fondue? Just doesn't sound appealing. I
>>do like a good queso dip though.

> I like cheese fondue, although I nearly set the kitchen table on fire
> with one once.

Oh my!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 02:36:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:47:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>I don't want to go to either of your houses, thank you.

>> I thought that one was about his niece.

>Could be. But I still don't want to go there. Would you?

Unlike you, I wouldn't be invited
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 02:36:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:47:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> I thought that one was about his niece.

>>Could be. But I still don't want to go there. Would you?

> Unlike you, I wouldn't be invited

That's right! Because you don't eat meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 4:41 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> I might just take a pole later, but not sure who I
> will use it on. Hehehe.

Use me, I'm a Pole. According to a recent poll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2017 9:06 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 9/23/2017 4:41 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>> I might just take a pole later, but not sure who I will use it on.
>> Hehehe.

> Use me, I'm a Pole.* According to a recent poll.

....a 'polished' response...

;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:44:11 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 14:02:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Janet" > wrote in message
t...

>>>The only one of those I have heard of is Yorkshire. I had forgotten it as
>>>made it as a child. Nobody liked it and I never ate it again. None of
>>>those
>>>things are American foods and no one I know eats them. Ask am random
>>>American what Yokshire pudding is and they won't know.

>> My guess is that it's pieces of dead cow in a vanilla based sauce,
>> eaten as a main, not as a desert, in spite of the name. All guesswork,
>> though.
>>
>> I remember a UK cooking show where the host (James Martin?) always
>> asked contestants: "What's for pud"? He really meant 'desert'.

>Yorkshire pudding is basically a popover

"fluffy cake" [American English]

>, really good, especially when made
>with the standing rib roast drippings. I make it about once a year. As an
>aside, I don't know of anyone that doesn't know what Yorkshire pudding is
>whether they make it or not.

At least now I know it's got drippings (fat?) of the ribs of a cow (or
pig?) in it.

I've also never been to Yorkshire, unless London or Bath are in
Yorkshire. Maybe that explains it.

==

You don't know what you are missing!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> http://i67.tinypic.com/2v01vv9.jpg

In the basket:
That was Jackie on the left and Mia on the right.

In this picture, Jackie was all settled down and
looking forward to a fun ride. Mia, not used to
them was sitting up a bit nervously. heheh

Jackie absolutely loved these basket rides around
the house. I would walk around the house swinging
the basket back and forth. Once in the living room,
I would swing it 2-3 times where they went upside
down and just g-forces kept them in the basket.

Mia was always a bit skeptical but Jackie convinced
her that it was safe. "Dad's not going to hurt us."

Once Jackie died, I spared Mia from that. I don't think
she ever enjoyed them. lol

:-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 3:20:37 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message

> >> I have lived in many different regions and neither was/is common.
> >> >

> > I want to see names and the number of people you have poled or better
> > yet was a peeping tom and looked in their kitchen windows night after
> > night to know what they were cooking. Talk is cheap Ju-Ju.

> WTF is this "poled" thing? I am not a violent person.
>
> http://www.dictionary.com/browse/poled

I made a mistake, not the first and not the last, it's polled. Have
you polled 10's of thousands of people to substantiate your statement
that NOBODY west of the Rockies eats standing rib roast or Yorkshire
pudding? Have you? Don't lie.

> If you're going to start a rumor, then could you please go back to the story
> about me seducing people with food? At least that way, no one will get hurt.

You're off lying again, but that's to be expected from you. I never said a
word, not one single word about you seducing people with food. Another
attempt by you to completely change the subject thinking that will cause
people to back off when they've caught you in an out and out lie. I have
my doubts you could seduce anyone with food after reading your tales of
food and your attempts at cooking.

> If you'd like an actual poll...note the spelling... Will a FB poll do? I
> have over 500 friends on there. Not all in the US and...eek! One was
> actually born in England. I shall now conduct my poll and report back. Happy
> now?

More dancing around the subject. Who in hell cares if you have friends
on Facebook. Besides, those are not friends, they're just acquaintances
and not actually a friend.

But I'm still waiting on names of those you've got sworn statements that
they do not eat Yorkshire pudding and standing rib roast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 4:17:27 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 02:07:02 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
> >
> >Would you believe that I never had fondue? Just doesn't sound appealing. I
> >do like a good queso dip though.

> I like cheese fondue, although I nearly set the kitchen table on fire
> with one once.

It doesn't sound appealing to her therefore no one west of the Rockies
or at least in her state eats fondue. Hang on, she'll ask her 'friends'
on Facebook if they like fondue. If they don't then the consensus is
that nobody likes it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 3:20:37 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> > > I want to see names and the number of people you have poled or better
> > > yet was a peeping tom and looked in their kitchen windows night after
> > > night to know what they were cooking. Talk is cheap Ju-Ju.

> > WTF is this "poled" thing? I am not a violent person.
> >
> > http://www.dictionary.com/browse/poled
> >

> I made a mistake, not the first and not the last, it's polled. Have
> you polled 10's of thousands of people to substantiate your statement
> that NOBODY west of the Rockies eats standing rib roast or Yorkshire
> pudding? Have you? Don't lie.
> >
> > If you're going to start a rumor, then could you please go back to the story
> > about me seducing people with food? At least that way, no one will get hurt.
> >

> You're off lying again, but that's to be expected from you. I never said a
> word, not one single word about you seducing people with food. Another
> attempt by you to completely change the subject thinking that will cause
> people to back off when they've caught you in an out and out lie. I have
> my doubts you could seduce anyone with food after reading your tales of
> food and your attempts at cooking.
> >
> > If you'd like an actual poll...note the spelling... Will a FB poll do? I
> > have over 500 friends on there. Not all in the US and...eek! One was
> > actually born in England. I shall now conduct my poll and report back. Happy
> > now?
> >

> More dancing around the subject. Who in hell cares if you have friends
> on Facebook. Besides, those are not friends, they're just acquaintances
> and not actually a friend.
>
> But I'm still waiting on names of those you've got sworn statements that
> they do not eat Yorkshire pudding and standing rib roast.

It's quite obvious that the bovine is severely mentally impaired, just as much or more than kuthie is, she is at least bi - polar, and throw in a personality disorder or two, perhaps a substance abuse issue, and there you have the tall tale - telling that you are commenting on here.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 9/23/2017 4:41 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>> I might just take a pole later, but not sure who I will use it on.
>> Hehehe.

> Use me, I'm a Pole. According to a recent poll.

Hehehe. And you can cook too!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 3:20:37 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>> > I want to see names and the number of people you have poled or better
>> > yet was a peeping tom and looked in their kitchen windows night after
>> > night to know what they were cooking. Talk is cheap Ju-Ju.

>> WTF is this "poled" thing? I am not a violent person.
>>
>> http://www.dictionary.com/browse/poled
>>

> I made a mistake, not the first and not the last, it's polled. Have
> you polled 10's of thousands of people to substantiate your statement
> that NOBODY west of the Rockies eats standing rib roast or Yorkshire
> pudding? Have you? Don't lie.
>>
>> If you're going to start a rumor, then could you please go back to the
>> story
>> about me seducing people with food? At least that way, no one will get
>> hurt.
>>

> You're off lying again, but that's to be expected from you. I never said a
> word, not one single word about you seducing people with food. Another
> attempt by you to completely change the subject thinking that will cause
> people to back off when they've caught you in an out and out lie. I have
> my doubts you could seduce anyone with food after reading your tales of
> food and your attempts at cooking.
>>
>> If you'd like an actual poll...note the spelling... Will a FB poll do? I
>> have over 500 friends on there. Not all in the US and...eek! One was
>> actually born in England. I shall now conduct my poll and report back.
>> Happy
>> now?
>>

> More dancing around the subject. Who in hell cares if you have friends
> on Facebook. Besides, those are not friends, they're just acquaintances
> and not actually a friend.

Maybe that's how it is on YOUR FB! Sure, some are only acquaintances but
most are not.

> But I'm still waiting on names of those you've got sworn statements that
> they do not eat Yorkshire pudding and standing rib roast.

I can give you their first names if you want. I see no need to put their
last.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ding - Dong Daddy" > wrote in message

> On Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 3:20:37 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> > > I want to see names and the number of people you have poled or better
> > > yet was a peeping tom and looked in their kitchen windows night after
> > > night to know what they were cooking. Talk is cheap Ju-Ju.

> > WTF is this "poled" thing? I am not a violent person.
> >
> > http://www.dictionary.com/browse/poled
> >

> I made a mistake, not the first and not the last, it's polled. Have
> you polled 10's of thousands of people to substantiate your statement
> that NOBODY west of the Rockies eats standing rib roast or Yorkshire
> pudding? Have you? Don't lie.
> >
> > If you're going to start a rumor, then could you please go back to the
> > story
> > about me seducing people with food? At least that way, no one will get
> > hurt.
> >

> You're off lying again, but that's to be expected from you. I never said a
> word, not one single word about you seducing people with food. Another
> attempt by you to completely change the subject thinking that will cause
> people to back off when they've caught you in an out and out lie. I have
> my doubts you could seduce anyone with food after reading your tales of
> food and your attempts at cooking.
> >
> > If you'd like an actual poll...note the spelling... Will a FB poll do? I
> > have over 500 friends on there. Not all in the US and...eek! One was
> > actually born in England. I shall now conduct my poll and report back.
> > Happy
> > now?
> >

> More dancing around the subject. Who in hell cares if you have friends
> on Facebook. Besides, those are not friends, they're just acquaintances
> and not actually a friend.
>
> But I'm still waiting on names of those you've got sworn statements that
> they do not eat Yorkshire pudding and standing rib roast.

It's quite obvious that the bovine is severely mentally impaired, just as
much or more than kuthie is, she is at least bi - polar, and throw in a
personality disorder or two, perhaps a substance abuse issue, and there you
have the tall tale - telling that you are commenting on here.

---

Somebody needs to revoke your psychology degree!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:34:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:44:11 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 14:02:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"

et...

>>> My guess is that it's pieces of dead cow in a vanilla based sauce,
>>> eaten as a main, not as a desert, in spite of the name. All guesswork,
>>> though.
>>>
>>> I remember a UK cooking show where the host (James Martin?) always
>>> asked contestants: "What's for pud"? He really meant 'desert'.

>>Yorkshire pudding is basically a popover

>"fluffy cake" [American English]
>
>>, really good, especially when made
>>with the standing rib roast drippings. I make it about once a year. As an
>>aside, I don't know of anyone that doesn't know what Yorkshire pudding is
>>whether they make it or not.

>At least now I know it's got drippings (fat?) of the ribs of a cow (or
>pig?) in it.
>
>I've also never been to Yorkshire, unless London or Bath are in
>Yorkshire. Maybe that explains it.
>
>==
>
>You don't know what you are missing!

I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:44:11 -0700, "Cheri" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 14:02:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"

et...

>>> My guess is that it's pieces of dead cow in a vanilla based sauce,
>>> eaten as a main, not as a desert, in spite of the name. All guesswork,
>>> though.
>>>
>>> I remember a UK cooking show where the host (James Martin?) always
>>> asked contestants: "What's for pud"? He really meant 'desert'.

>>Yorkshire pudding is basically a popover

>"fluffy cake" [American English]
>
>>, really good, especially when made
>>with the standing rib roast drippings. I make it about once a year. As an
>>aside, I don't know of anyone that doesn't know what Yorkshire pudding is
>>whether they make it or not.

>At least now I know it's got drippings (fat?) of the ribs of a cow (or
>pig?) in it.
>
>I've also never been to Yorkshire, unless London or Bath are in
>Yorkshire. Maybe that explains it.
>
>==
>
>You don't know what you are missing!

I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.

==

Yorkshire is wonderful. Well I would say that being a Yorkshire Lass
wouldn't I?

That is exactly where we are atm and enjoying greatly)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:30:44 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:34:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:44:11 -0700, "Cheri" >
>>wrote:

. net...

>>>Yorkshire pudding is basically a popover

>>"fluffy cake" [American English]
>>
>>>, really good, especially when made
>>>with the standing rib roast drippings. I make it about once a year. As an
>>>aside, I don't know of anyone that doesn't know what Yorkshire pudding is
>>>whether they make it or not.

>>At least now I know it's got drippings (fat?) of the ribs of a cow (or
>>pig?) in it.
>>
>>I've also never been to Yorkshire, unless London or Bath are in
>>Yorkshire. Maybe that explains it.
>>
>>==
>>
>>You don't know what you are missing!

>I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.
>
>==
>
>Yorkshire is wonderful. Well I would say that being a Yorkshire Lass
>wouldn't I?
>
>That is exactly where we are atm and enjoying greatly)

I believe it, but I don't think I've been there. I think I've only
been between London and Bath and a town on the coast where the ferry
for NL left. We came in through the channel tunnel.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:34:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 16:44:11 -0700, "Cheri" >
>>wrote:

. net...

>>>Yorkshire pudding is basically a popover

>>"fluffy cake" [American English]
>>
>>>, really good, especially when made
>>>with the standing rib roast drippings. I make it about once a year. As an
>>>aside, I don't know of anyone that doesn't know what Yorkshire pudding is
>>>whether they make it or not.

>>At least now I know it's got drippings (fat?) of the ribs of a cow (or
>>pig?) in it.
>>
>>I've also never been to Yorkshire, unless London or Bath are in
>>Yorkshire. Maybe that explains it.
>>
>>==
>>
>>You don't know what you are missing!

>I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.
>
>==
>
>Yorkshire is wonderful. Well I would say that being a Yorkshire Lass
>wouldn't I?
>
>That is exactly where we are atm and enjoying greatly)

I believe it, but I don't think I've been there. I think I've only
been between London and Bath and a town on the coast where the ferry
for NL left. We came in through the channel tunnel.

==

Maybe one day, but now you are so far away I doubt it

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:42:23 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:30:44 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:34:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

m...
> [...]
.net...

>>>"fluffy cake" [American English]

>>>At least now I know it's got drippings (fat?) of the ribs of a cow (or
>>>pig?) in it.
>>>
>>>I've also never been to Yorkshire, unless London or Bath are in
>>>Yorkshire. Maybe that explains it.
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>You don't know what you are missing!

>>I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yorkshire is wonderful. Well I would say that being a Yorkshire Lass
>>wouldn't I?
>>
>>That is exactly where we are atm and enjoying greatly)

>I believe it, but I don't think I've been there. I think I've only
>been between London and Bath and a town on the coast where the ferry
>for NL left. We came in through the channel tunnel.
>
>==
>
>Maybe one day, but now you are so far away I doubt it

Yes, it's very far now. I don't go to NL much either, because of the
long flight in cattle class.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:30:44 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:34:29 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

m...
> [...]
.net...

>>>"fluffy cake" [American English]

>>>At least now I know it's got drippings (fat?) of the ribs of a cow (or
>>>pig?) in it.
>>>
>>>I've also never been to Yorkshire, unless London or Bath are in
>>>Yorkshire. Maybe that explains it.
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>You don't know what you are missing!

>>I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Yorkshire is wonderful. Well I would say that being a Yorkshire Lass
>>wouldn't I?
>>
>>That is exactly where we are atm and enjoying greatly)

>I believe it, but I don't think I've been there. I think I've only
>been between London and Bath and a town on the coast where the ferry
>for NL left. We came in through the channel tunnel.
>
>==
>
>Maybe one day, but now you are so far away I doubt it

Yes, it's very far now. I don't go to NL much either, because of the
long flight in cattle class.

==

Yes Do you miss it?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 21:27:03 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:42:23 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:30:44 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

>>>I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Yorkshire is wonderful. Well I would say that being a Yorkshire Lass
>>>wouldn't I?
>>>
>>>That is exactly where we are atm and enjoying greatly)

>>I believe it, but I don't think I've been there. I think I've only
>>been between London and Bath and a town on the coast where the ferry
>>for NL left. We came in through the channel tunnel.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Maybe one day, but now you are so far away I doubt it

>Yes, it's very far now. I don't go to NL much either, because of the
>long flight in cattle class.
>
>==
>
>Yes Do you miss it?

Yes, I'd like to see my home town once a year or so, especially in
spring or summer. And a few people, of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:42:23 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 10:30:44 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

>>>I really liked the tiny bit I've seen of the English countryside.
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>>Yorkshire is wonderful. Well I would say that being a Yorkshire Lass
>>>wouldn't I?
>>>
>>>That is exactly where we are atm and enjoying greatly)

>>I believe it, but I don't think I've been there. I think I've only
>>been between London and Bath and a town on the coast where the ferry
>>for NL left. We came in through the channel tunnel.
>>
>>==
>>
>>Maybe one day, but now you are so far away I doubt it

>Yes, it's very far now. I don't go to NL much either, because of the
>long flight in cattle class.
>
>==
>
>Yes Do you miss it?

Yes, I'd like to see my home town once a year or so, especially in
spring or summer. And a few people, of course.

==

Of course

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:06:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 9/23/2017 4:41 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>

>> I might just take a pole later, but not sure who I
>> will use it on. Hehehe.

>Use me, I'm a Pole. According to a recent poll.

My father knew the Polish national anthem by heart, because Polish
troops liberated his village at the end of WW2.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 21:27:30 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 11:06:09 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 9/23/2017 4:41 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>

>>> I might just take a pole later, but not sure who I
>>> will use it on. Hehehe.

>>Use me, I'm a Pole. According to a recent poll.

>My father knew the Polish national anthem by heart, because Polish
>troops liberated his village at the end of WW2.

He was also always prepared to prove it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/25/2017 5:28 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 21:27:30 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:

>>> Use me, I'm a Pole. According to a recent poll.

>> My father knew the Polish national anthem by heart, because Polish
>> troops liberated his village at the end of WW2.

> He was also always prepared to prove it.

I bet he'd gag to see what a common nancy boy you turned into.