Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Serving refried beans (without tortillas)

:

>> On 21 Apr 2017 13:52:31 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>> snip
>>>
>>>On the bright side, made chili yesterday and it was very good. Will

>make
>>>it again.
>>>

>> Well, tell us what you finally did to make chili!
>> ?????
>> Janet US
>>

>This is quite similar to the recipe you posted recently.
>
>Weeknight Black Bean Chili from budgetbytes.com web site.
>
>Ingredients:
>
>1 Tbs olive oil
>1 yellow onion
>4 cloves garlic
>1/2 lb ground turkey
>3 15 oz. cans black beans
>1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
>3 oz tomato paste (1/2 of a 6 oz can)
>1 Tbs chili powder
>1/2 tsp cumin
>1/2 tsp smoked paprika
>1/2 tsp oregano
>1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
>
>Instructions:
>
>1: Dice onion and mince garlic. Put them in a large pot with the olive
>oil. Cook over medium-low heat until softened (2 - 3 minutes)
>
>2: Add the tukey and saute until turkey is just cooked through. Break up
>any lumps.
>
>3: Add everythibg else except salt and stir to combine.
>
>(Instead, I put in crockpot, added tonatoes and some water and cooked on
>high for several hours (2 for me). You will likely need additional water.
>Then add everything else but salt and cook several more hours stirring
>once in a while and adding water as needed. (2 hours for me).) Taste and
>add salt if needed. (I didn't need any). I cooked another two hours on
>low. Skip to step 5.
>
>4: Let the chili simmer about ten minutes. Liquid should thicken a bit.
>Taste and add salt if needed.
>
>5: Serve with your favorite chili topping.
>
>Recipe suggests using liquid in beans, tomatoes as I did.

Good Job, Ken! Glad you found one you liked.
Janet US

refried beans Ophelia[_7_] General Cooking 219 23-05-2011 10:21 PM
Refried Beans Travis and Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 22-07-2006 04:43 AM
refried beans? Me General Cooking 6 10-12-2005 04:50 AM
refried beans abc Mexican Cooking 11 26-01-2005 03:19 AM
Tell me about REFRIED BEANS General Cooking 12 07-03-2004 07:20 PM