Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Serving refried beans (without tortillas)

On 4/22/2017 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-04-21 10:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:34:27 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> It does not matter what she quotes. I have no idea why she's suddenly
>>> talking about McDonalds. Please allow those of us who have her
>>> killfiled to enjoy the previous silence. Mexicans, potatoes, Mcdonalds?
>>> WTF. Oh, there is a reason I k/f'd dsl1, too. Idiots, both of them.

>> Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.

I just love the way Bruce calls me McBiddy. Name calling is his game.
He's another useless poster who is in my killfile.

> That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking
> on Julie and suggestions that we would continue to do so even if she
> disappeared. Thank goodness she did leave, but then the some of the
> sisterhood of stupidity kept dropping bait messages to get people
> talking about her. They must have been terribly disappointed that it
> did not work.

Yeah, but she's back. I will continue to try to ignore her. The
predictions were RFC would DIE if Julie wasn't around. Funny how we
carried on perfectly well without her.

> A lot of people had her kill filed so they would not have to read her
> idiocy directly, but then there were those compulsive posters who had to
> reply to everything she posted and to include the idiotic post they were
> replying to.

That's exactly what is happening now. Joan is baiting her. I'm trying
to ignore it.

OB Food: For dinner: definitely not canned refried beans. I haven't
decided what to take out of the freezer yet. So many choices!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/22/2017 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-04-21 10:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:34:27 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> It does not matter what she quotes. I have no idea why she's suddenly
>>> talking about McDonalds. Please allow those of us who have her
>>> killfiled to enjoy the previous silence. Mexicans, potatoes, Mcdonalds?
>>> WTF. Oh, there is a reason I k/f'd dsl1, too. Idiots, both of them.

>> Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.
>>

> That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking
> on Julie and suggestions that we would continue to do so even if she
> disappeared. Thank goodness she did leave, but then the some of the
> sisterhood of stupidity kept dropping bait messages to get people
> talking about her. They must have been terribly disappointed that it
> did not work.
>
> A lot of people had her kill filed so they would not have to read her
> idiocy directly, but then there were those compulsive posters who had to
> reply to everything she posted and to include the idiotic post they were
> replying to

You've nicely kept your mouth shut up until now. Julie is a regular
poster here. If you don't like what she says, killfile her or ignore.

Personally, I'm glad to see her back. She keeps the ng alive. And here
she comes back with innocent posts and a few of you immediately jump on
her.

How about read her stuff or not and let it go.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-04-22 11:36 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/22/2017 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-04-21 10:47 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.
>>>

> I just love the way Bruce calls me McBiddy. Name calling is his game.
> He's another useless poster who is in my killfile.

Well, it's been pretty clear for a long time that his only interest in
this group is to snipe at people.

>> That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking

> Yeah, but she's back. I will continue to try to ignore her. The
> predictions were RFC would DIE if Julie wasn't around. Funny how we
> carried on perfectly well without her.

Yep. It improved immensely. We didn't have to read her idiotic lies. We
didn't have to read all the replies from the sisterhood of stupidity
echoing and quoting her idiocy. We didn't have to read the posts from
them whining about how people are picking on her. We also demonstrated
that we would not continue to attack her in her absence. We managed that
despite a couple losers posting about Julie in a lame attempt to bait
us. She just ceased to exist here, and it was nice.

> That's exactly what is happening now. Joan is baiting her. I'm trying
> to ignore it.

I wouldn't call it baiting. She is calling her for what she is.

> OB Food: For dinner: definitely not canned refried beans. I haven't
> decided what to take out of the freezer yet. So many choices!

It's looking like lamb burgers for us.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 5:54:04 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>> > Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>> > her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.

>> Too funny. Why would she KF me when I wasn't even posting for a long
>> time?
>> And I was replying to dsl1. If they didn't want to see my reply, they
>> didn't
>> have to look.

> You know how 5 year olds will stick their fingers in their ears and make a
> big noise about how they're not listening? Same thing - except it ain't
> cute when an adult does it.

I've noticed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 10:41:01 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "dsi1" <dsi1yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 11:37:01 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> >
>> > You asked what the story was. I gave you the answer. If you really got
>> > it then you know their beans (called refried but may have no fat and
>> > never hit a frying pan) is is their answer to your rice.
>> >
>> > --

>> My question was if the Mexicans ate refried beans with every meal. I did
>> not
>> ask whether or not they added a shitload of oil to refried beans or if
>> frying was mandatory. I already know the answer to those questions.
>> Mostly,
>> you guys ignore the question being asked and answer questions not asked.
>> Why
>> is that?
>>
>> ---
>>
>> I was told that refried beans are mostly eaten for special occasions in
>> Mexico because any kind of fat is hard to come by for most people.

> That's interesting. If I get a chance to talk to the Mexican couple that
> live around here, I'll casually bring the topic up. Thanks.

This guy is from Oaxaca. Funny thing is, when I told him what my favorite
Mexican place used to be, sadly they had to close due to lease not being
renewed, he said the owner was his uncle, also from Oaxaca. I seem to be
partial to that style of cooking as well as that of Yucatan. He has family
all around that own restaurants. His dad owns one and several others are
owned by cousins or uncles. They now all bear the same name but each has
some differences to the menu. His cousin owns one that is actually closer to
our house. Only problem is trying to get back home from there. It's set on
one side of a very busy highway with a divider in the middle and no cross
street for many miles beyond it. No way to turn around to get back to our
house so we have to go pretty far out of our way. We generally only go there
if we need to go to Woodinville for some reason.

Interesting thing about Woodinville. They weren't much of anything some
years ago. Sleepy little city with a few wineries and nurseries. But now
they are booming. So many wineries, I can't keep track. They just opened a
big hotel and they do winery tours in conjunction with staying there. Seems
Woodinville is now the place for dining. They have many more restaurants
than they used to. There is one that just does freshly cooked turkey and
your typical Thanksgiving sides. Also fine dining such as The Barking Frog
and The Herb Farm. I always thought The Herb Farm would be a fun but
expensive thing to do, but mostly what they serve isn't my kind of food.

http://www.gobblerestaurant.com/

https://www.willowslodge.com/barking_frog/

http://www.theherbfarm.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message
news
> On 4/22/2017 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-04-21 10:47 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.
>>>

>> That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking
>> on Julie and suggestions that we would continue to do so even if she
>> disappeared. Thank goodness she did leave, but then the some of the
>> sisterhood of stupidity kept dropping bait messages to get people
>> talking about her. They must have been terribly disappointed that it
>> did not work.
>>
>> A lot of people had her kill filed so they would not have to read her
>> idiocy directly, but then there were those compulsive posters who had to
>> reply to everything she posted and to include the idiotic post they were
>> replying to

> You've nicely kept your mouth shut up until now. Julie is a regular poster
> here. If you don't like what she says, killfile her or ignore.
>
> Personally, I'm glad to see her back. She keeps the ng alive. And here
> she comes back with innocent posts and a few of you immediately jump on
> her.
>
> How about read her stuff or not and let it go.

Thanks. I still think it is safer for me to try not to venture out of the
Ken K posts for now. There are a few others I would like to reply to but
don't feel comfortable doing that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 04:02:28 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 8:38:52 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 06:02:59 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >When that famine hits, I'm going to see if I can bring down one
>> >of my neighbors. Excellent long pig.

>> I don't get it. You have a long pig for a neighbour?

>"Long pig" is a translation of a Maori or Polynesian term for
>human flesh, which apparently tastes something like pork.
>(At last: something that doesn't taste like chicken.)

Thanks, that's my first lesson in cannbalingo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 09:07:48 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-04-21 10:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:34:27 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> It does not matter what she quotes. I have no idea why she's suddenly
>>> talking about McDonalds. Please allow those of us who have her
>>> killfiled to enjoy the previous silence. Mexicans, potatoes, Mcdonalds?
>>> WTF. Oh, there is a reason I k/f'd dsl1, too. Idiots, both of them.

>> Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.
>>

>That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking
>on Julie and suggestions that we would continue to do so even if she
>disappeared. Thank goodness she did leave, but then the some of the
>sisterhood of stupidity kept dropping bait messages to get people
>talking about her. They must have been terribly disappointed that it
>did not work.
>
>A lot of people had her kill filed so they would not have to read her
>idiocy directly, but then there were those compulsive posters who had to
>reply to everything she posted and to include the idiotic post they were
>replying to.

Do I have to refrain from replying to someone because you or McBiddy
have her killfiled? Delusions of grandeur much?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:36:00 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 4/22/2017 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2017-04-21 10:47 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.
>>>

>I just love the way Bruce calls me McBiddy.

Don't mention it.

(...)

>That's exactly what is happening now. Joan is baiting her. I'm trying
>to ignore it.

Who's Joan?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 13:50:44 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-04-22 11:36 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> I just love the way Bruce calls me McBiddy. Name calling is his game.
>> He's another useless poster who is in my killfile.

>Well, it's been pretty clear for a long time that his only interest in
>this group is to snipe at people.

After we've been agreeing about many things lately. And I snipe very
selectively.

>>> That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking

>> Yeah, but she's back. I will continue to try to ignore her. The
>> predictions were RFC would DIE if Julie wasn't around. Funny how we
>> carried on perfectly well without her.

>Yep. It improved immensely. We didn't have to read her idiotic lies. We
>didn't have to read all the replies from the sisterhood of stupidity
>echoing and quoting her idiocy. We didn't have to read the posts from
>them whining about how people are picking on her. We also demonstrated
>that we would not continue to attack her in her absence. We managed that
>despite a couple losers posting about Julie in a lame attempt to bait
>us. She just ceased to exist here, and it was nice.

Your wife isn't going to be happy. You're talking about Julie in your
sleep again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 11:41:27 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 4/22/2017 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> A lot of people had her kill filed so they would not have to read her
>> idiocy directly, but then there were those compulsive posters who had to
>> reply to everything she posted and to include the idiotic post they were
>> replying to

>You've nicely kept your mouth shut up until now. Julie is a regular
>poster here. If you don't like what she says, killfile her or ignore.
>
>Personally, I'm glad to see her back. She keeps the ng alive. And here
>she comes back with innocent posts and a few of you immediately jump on
>her.

Yes, the Sisterhood of Pettiness strikes again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-04-22 4:09 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 09:07:48 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2017-04-21 10:47 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Now McBiddy's telling people not to reply to Julie because McBiddy has
>>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's deteriorating fast.
>>>

>> That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking
>> on Julie and suggestions that we would continue to do so even if she
>> disappeared. Thank goodness she did leave, but then the some of the
>> sisterhood of stupidity kept dropping bait messages to get people
>> talking about her. They must have been terribly disappointed that it
>> did not work.
>>
>> A lot of people had her kill filed so they would not have to read her
>> idiocy directly, but then there were those compulsive posters who had to
>> reply to everything she posted and to include the idiotic post they were
>> replying to.

> Do I have to refrain from replying to someone because you or McBiddy
> have her killfiled? Delusions of grandeur much?

Heck no. There are a few people who are in my filter because most of
their posts were responses to other people in the bin. You can join
them, and that should not be a problem for you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:47:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-04-22 4:09 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 09:07:48 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> That's fair. There were a number of people whining about people picking
>>> on Julie and suggestions that we would continue to do so even if she
>>> disappeared. Thank goodness she did leave, but then the some of the
>>> sisterhood of stupidity kept dropping bait messages to get people
>>> talking about her. They must have been terribly disappointed that it
>>> did not work.
>>>
>>> A lot of people had her kill filed so they would not have to read her
>>> idiocy directly, but then there were those compulsive posters who had to
>>> reply to everything she posted and to include the idiotic post they were
>>> replying to.

>> Do I have to refrain from replying to someone because you or McBiddy
>> have her killfiled? Delusions of grandeur much?

>Heck no. There are a few people who are in my filter because most of
>their posts were responses to other people in the bin. You can join
>them, and that should not be a problem for you.

I'm getting tired of people who brag about their killfile. Do what you
have to do and shut up about it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-04-22 5:51 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:47:28 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2017-04-22 4:09 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 09:07:48 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Do I have to refrain from replying to someone because you or McBiddy
>>> have her killfiled? Delusions of grandeur much?

>> Heck no. There are a few people who are in my filter because most of
>> their posts were responses to other people in the bin. You can join
>> them, and that should not be a problem for you.

> I'm getting tired of people who brag about their killfile. Do what you
> have to do and shut up about it.

I wasn't bragging about my kill file. You made an idiotic comment about
delusions of grandeur because I said it is annoying to kill file someone
and then to have all their idiotic posts show up quoted in other
people's replies. I realize that it can be a source or frustration to
people who are only here to annoy people to realize the people they
people they are trying to annoy have them filtered.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:30:06 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:
> "dsi1" <dsi1yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 10:41:01 PM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> My question was if the Mexicans ate refried beans with every meal. I did
> >> not
> >> ask whether or not they added a shitload of oil to refried beans or if
> >> frying was mandatory. I already know the answer to those questions.
> >> Mostly,
> >> you guys ignore the question being asked and answer questions not asked.
> >> Why
> >> is that?
> >>
> >> ---
> >>
> >> I was told that refried beans are mostly eaten for special occasions in
> >> Mexico because any kind of fat is hard to come by for most people.

> > That's interesting. If I get a chance to talk to the Mexican couple that
> > live around here, I'll casually bring the topic up. Thanks.

> This guy is from Oaxaca. Funny thing is, when I told him what my favorite
> Mexican place used to be, sadly they had to close due to lease not being
> renewed, he said the owner was his uncle, also from Oaxaca. I seem to be
> partial to that style of cooking as well as that of Yucatan. He has family
> all around that own restaurants. His dad owns one and several others are
> owned by cousins or uncles. They now all bear the same name but each has
> some differences to the menu. His cousin owns one that is actually closer to
> our house. Only problem is trying to get back home from there. It's set on
> one side of a very busy highway with a divider in the middle and no cross
> street for many miles beyond it. No way to turn around to get back to our
> house so we have to go pretty far out of our way. We generally only go there
> if we need to go to Woodinville for some reason.
>
> Interesting thing about Woodinville. They weren't much of anything some
> years ago. Sleepy little city with a few wineries and nurseries. But now
> they are booming. So many wineries, I can't keep track. They just opened a
> big hotel and they do winery tours in conjunction with staying there. Seems
> Woodinville is now the place for dining. They have many more restaurants
> than they used to. There is one that just does freshly cooked turkey and
> your typical Thanksgiving sides. Also fine dining such as The Barking Frog
> and The Herb Farm. I always thought The Herb Farm would be a fun but
> expensive thing to do, but mostly what they serve isn't my kind of food.
>
> http://www.gobblerestaurant.com/
>
> https://www.willowslodge.com/barking_frog/
>
> http://www.theherbfarm.com/

I'll bet that Lynnwood has changed a lot since we lived there. It was a rather pleasant place to live back then.

There are a lot of great places that close down because they weren't able to come to terms with the lease agreement. Too bad.

This place needs more Mexicans. Please send some more to this rock.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:57:05 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2017-04-22 5:51 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 17:47:28 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> Heck no. There are a few people who are in my filter because most of
>>> their posts were responses to other people in the bin. You can join
>>> them, and that should not be a problem for you.

>> I'm getting tired of people who brag about their killfile. Do what you
>> have to do and shut up about it.
>>

>I wasn't bragging about my kill file. You made an idiotic comment about
>delusions of grandeur because I said it is annoying to kill file someone
>and then to have all their idiotic posts show up quoted in other
>people's replies. I realize that it can be a source or frustration to
>people who are only here to annoy people to realize the people they
>people they are trying to annoy have them filtered.

I only killfile the Boner troll, but that doesn't mean I have to read
everything else. It's easy to skip things.

And I'm not here to annoy people, but some people can be so annoying
that I want to comment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:30:06 AM UTC-10, Julie Bove wrote:

>> > That's interesting. If I get a chance to talk to the Mexican couple
>> > that
>> > live around here, I'll casually bring the topic up. Thanks.

>> This guy is from Oaxaca. Funny thing is, when I told him what my favorite
>> Mexican place used to be, sadly they had to close due to lease not being
>> renewed, he said the owner was his uncle, also from Oaxaca. I seem to be
>> partial to that style of cooking as well as that of Yucatan. He has
>> family
>> all around that own restaurants. His dad owns one and several others are
>> owned by cousins or uncles. They now all bear the same name but each has
>> some differences to the menu. His cousin owns one that is actually closer
>> our house. Only problem is trying to get back home from there. It's set
>> on
>> one side of a very busy highway with a divider in the middle and no cross
>> street for many miles beyond it. No way to turn around to get back to our
>> house so we have to go pretty far out of our way. We generally only go
>> there
>> if we need to go to Woodinville for some reason.
>>
>> Interesting thing about Woodinville. They weren't much of anything some
>> years ago. Sleepy little city with a few wineries and nurseries. But now
>> they are booming. So many wineries, I can't keep track. They just opened
>> big hotel and they do winery tours in conjunction with staying there.
>> Seems
>> Woodinville is now the place for dining. They have many more restaurants
>> than they used to. There is one that just does freshly cooked turkey and
>> your typical Thanksgiving sides. Also fine dining such as The Barking
>> Frog
>> and The Herb Farm. I always thought The Herb Farm would be a fun but
>> expensive thing to do, but mostly what they serve isn't my kind of food.
>>
>> http://www.gobblerestaurant.com/
>>
>> https://www.willowslodge.com/barking_frog/
>>
>> http://www.theherbfarm.com/

> I'll bet that Lynnwood has changed a lot since we lived there. It was a
> rather pleasant place to live back then.
>
> There are a lot of great places that close down because they weren't able
> to come to terms with the lease agreement. Too bad.
>
> This place needs more Mexicans. Please send some more to this rock.

Lynnwood is very commercial. Great if you like the mall. big box stores and
chain restaurants. Lots of apartment buildings too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message

> who the >>>>> comments are for.

> them.

> McBiddy has >>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's
> deteriorating fast.
> > >
> > > Too funny. Why would she KF me when I wasn't even posting for a
> > > long time? And I was replying to dsl1. If they didn't want to
> > > see my reply, they didn't have to look.

> > You know how 5 year olds will stick their fingers in their ears and
> > make a big noise about how they're not listening? Same thing -
> > except it ain't cute when an adult does it.

> I've noticed.

I note that some think their kill files are automatically known to
others and should be replicated to all others or something.

A wise person should know what their kill file does and not over use it
and instead, skip past what they do not want to read. It's not that
hard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> who the >>>>> comments are for.

>> them.

>> McBiddy has >>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's
>> deteriorating fast.

>> > You know how 5 year olds will stick their fingers in their ears and
>> > make a big noise about how they're not listening? Same thing -
>> > except it ain't cute when an adult does it.

>> I've noticed.

> I note that some think their kill files are automatically known to
> others and should be replicated to all others or something.
>
> A wise person should know what their kill file does and not over use it
> and instead, skip past what they do not want to read. It's not that
> hard.

Very true, I don't killfile, but I don't read some often. Easy enough to
skip over.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 11:37:01 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> >
> > You asked what the story was. I gave you the answer. If you really
> > got it then you know their beans (called refried but may have no
> > fat and never hit a frying pan) is is their answer to your rice.
> >
> > --

> My question was if the Mexicans ate refried beans with every meal. I
> did not ask whether or not they added a shitload of oil to refried
> beans or if frying was mandatory. I already know the answer to those
> questions. Mostly, you guys ignore the question being asked and
> answer questions not asked. Why is that?

Perhaps you do not phrase it well so the queston is not clear?

I do not think they eat them with every meal in a richer household.
Probably 2 meals a day but it will depend on area (mexico is HUGE) and
rice may be there at some meals.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 5:52:26 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > > Good point, but would the neighbor be loved more on the
> > > rotisserie or roasted?

> > Try a pit? Then your can leave the leftovers in there and cover
> > with the dirt you removed.

> I'd have to just wing the neighbor and make him dig the pit. Our
> ground is too hard for me to dig by hand.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Snicker!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 8:28:12 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> > who the >>>>> comments are for.

> > them.

> > McBiddy has >>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's
> > deteriorating fast.

> > > You know how 5 year olds will stick their fingers in their ears and
> > > make a big noise about how they're not listening? Same thing -
> > > except it ain't cute when an adult does it.

> > I've noticed.

> I note that some think their kill files are automatically known to
> others and should be replicated to all others or something.
>
> A wise person should know what their kill file does and not over use it
> and instead, skip past what they do not want to read. It's not that
> hard.
>
> --

For some folks, that's impossible. My guess is that they're OCD and cannot help themselves. The wise person keeps their friends and family close, but keeps their enemies closer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 8:38:04 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
> > On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 11:37:01 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> > >
> > > You asked what the story was. I gave you the answer. If you really
> > > got it then you know their beans (called refried but may have no
> > > fat and never hit a frying pan) is is their answer to your rice.
> > >
> > > --

> > My question was if the Mexicans ate refried beans with every meal. I
> > did not ask whether or not they added a shitload of oil to refried
> > beans or if frying was mandatory. I already know the answer to those
> > questions. Mostly, you guys ignore the question being asked and
> > answer questions not asked. Why is that?

> Perhaps you do not phrase it well so the queston is not clear?

That's entirely possible. A cardinal rule of communications theory is that it is the responsibility of the sender to make sure the receiver understands the message.

> I do not think they eat them with every meal in a richer household.
> Probably 2 meals a day but it will depend on area (mexico is HUGE) and
> rice may be there at some meals.
>
> Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> >>who the >>>>> comments are for.

> she's >>> > > > suddenly talking about McDonalds. Please allow those
> of us >>> > > > who have her killfiled to enjoy the previous silence.

> of
> > > them.

> >>McBiddy has >>> her killfiled? It would seem that McBiddy's
> > > deteriorating fast.

> and >>> make a big noise about how they're not listening? Same thing
> - >>> except it ain't cute when an adult does it.
> > >
> > > I've noticed.

> > I note that some think their kill files are automatically known to
> > others and should be replicated to all others or something.
> >
> > A wise person should know what their kill file does and not over
> > use it and instead, skip past what they do not want to read. It's
> > not that hard.

> Very true, I don't killfile, but I don't read some often. Easy enough
> to skip over.
>
> Cheri

Yup. I am in some kill files apparently but due most to the mimic
fellow who attempted to post as me some 6months or more ago.

Me, I read what I want, when I want, and reply to who I want to reply
to. I KF the obvious spammers with text books and such from India but
little else.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cshenk" > wrote in message
> dsi1 wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>
>> On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 11:37:01 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>> >
>> > You asked what the story was. I gave you the answer. If you really
>> > got it then you know their beans (called refried but may have no
>> > fat and never hit a frying pan) is is their answer to your rice.
>> >
>> > --

>> My question was if the Mexicans ate refried beans with every meal. I
>> did not ask whether or not they added a shitload of oil to refried
>> beans or if frying was mandatory. I already know the answer to those
>> questions. Mostly, you guys ignore the question being asked and
>> answer questions not asked. Why is that?

> Perhaps you do not phrase it well so the queston is not clear?
>
> I do not think they eat them with every meal in a richer household.
> Probably 2 meals a day but it will depend on area (mexico is HUGE) and
> rice may be there at some meals.
>
> Carol

You have got to be kidding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> KenK wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Looking for a tasty way to serve refried beans. Tried them yesterday
>>> simply with magic mushroom powder. Quite good! Thank you, Koko!
>>>
>>> I'm sure there are many many other ways. Suggestions? Sorry, no
>>> tortillas.
>>>
>>> TIA

>> Hi KenK, is the no tortillas because you do not have any, or because
>> you do not eat bread (low carb desires).
>>

> Sort of. Trying to avoid gluten and corn.
>
>Snip
>
>> I wish you well.

Ken, I'm avoiding gluten and grains also. Here are a couple of
tortilla alternatives I use. Hope you try them

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...llas.html#more
or
http://tinyurl.com/mka676o

I make these and use them for tacos also. I haven't posted it on my
blog yet but here's the recipe.
http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/2...ainfree-paleo/

Best wishes

koko

--
When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no perfect food,
only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:001rfc51paabv6b7vh0l52kgbjsd9ip700@
4ax.com:

> http://tinyurl.com/mka676o

Thank you. Not sure if I can find coconut flour. Don't recall seeing it in
any of thr groceries I go to.

The plantain recipe sounds interesting. Wonder what it will taste like.
Banana?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"KenK" > wrote in message
> koko > wrote in news:001rfc51paabv6b7vh0l52kgbjsd9ip700@
> 4ax.com:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/mka676o

> Thank you. Not sure if I can find coconut flour. Don't recall seeing it in
> any of thr groceries I go to.
>
> The plantain recipe sounds interesting. Wonder what it will taste like.
> Banana?

Look in the gluten free section or with the Bob's Red Mill products.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 8:21:31 AM UTC-10, KenK wrote:
> koko > wrote in news:001rfc51paabv6b7vh0l52kgbjsd9ip700@
> 4ax.com:
>
> > http://tinyurl.com/mka676o

> Thank you. Not sure if I can find coconut flour. Don't recall seeing it in
> any of thr groceries I go to.
>
> The plantain recipe sounds interesting. Wonder what it will taste like.
> Banana?
>

> --
> I love a good meal! That's why I don't cook.

You don't need plantains. You can just use green banana. That's the way it's done over here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25 Apr 2017 18:21:27 GMT, KenK > wrote:

>koko > wrote in news:001rfc51paabv6b7vh0l52kgbjsd9ip700@
>4ax.com:
>
>> http://tinyurl.com/mka676o

>Thank you. Not sure if I can find coconut flour. Don't recall seeing it in
>any of thr groceries I go to.

Von's, Albertson's, Grocery Outlet, Trader Joe's and WalMart carry it.

>The plantain recipe sounds interesting. Wonder what it will taste like.
>Banana?

No, it doesn't taste like banana, plantain is a whole 'nuther thing,
more on the starchy side. Just don't pick out ones that are too ripe
or it will be too sweet.

koko

--
When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no perfect food,
only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward perfection
becomes clear; to make people happy, That's what cooking is all about
Thomas Keller: The French Laundry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in
:

>>Thank you. Not sure if I can find coconut flour. Don't recall seeing
>>it in any of thr groceries I go to.

> Von's, Albertson's, Grocery Outlet, Trader Joe's and WalMart carry it.

Found it at the Walmart Neighborhood Market this morning. Amazing place -
they carry stuff no one else here carries, including the regular large
Walmarts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in
:

> On 19 Apr 2017 17:06:43 GMT, KenK > wrote:
>
>>"cshenk" > wrote in news:49ednY5Qt5wBBmvFnZ2dnUU7-
:

>>> Hi KenK, is the no tortillas because you do not have any, or because
>>> you do not eat bread (low carb desires).
>>>

>> Sort of. Trying to avoid gluten and corn.
>>
>>Snip
>>
>>> I wish you well.

> Ken, I'm avoiding gluten and grains also. Here are a couple of
> tortilla alternatives I use. Hope you try them
>
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...tortillas.html
> #more or
> http://tinyurl.com/mka676o
>
> I make these and use them for tacos also. I haven't posted it on my
> blog yet but here's the recipe.
> http://againstallgrain.com/2013/01/2...ainfree-paleo/
>
> Best wishes
>
> koko
>

> --
> When you acknowledge, as you must, that there is no perfect food,
> only the idea of it, then the real purpose of striving toward
> perfection becomes clear; to make people happy, That's what cooking is
> all about
> Thomas Keller: The French
> Laundry

I started looking for a substitute for coconut oil a little while ago.
All the sites I looked at used other hard-to-find ingredients. Only one
said oil like olive oil.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to Walmart Neighborhood Market to
see if they have coconut oil as well as the coconut flour I bought thia
morning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KenK wrote:

> koko > wrote in
> :
>
> >>Thank you. Not sure if I can find coconut flour. Don't recall seeing
> >>it in any of thr groceries I go to.

> > Von's, Albertson's, Grocery Outlet, Trader Joe's and WalMart carry it.
> >

> Found it at the Walmart Neighborhood Market this morning. Amazing place -
> they carry stuff no one else here carries, including the regular large
> Walmarts.

The local ones I used here in Chicago closed. They were located handily, and I liked their product range...and they were smaller - sized, so you didn't have to traipse around a big place -- so OF COURSE they had to close.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Greatest!" > wrote in
:

> KenK wrote:
>
>> koko > wrote in
>> :

>> > Von's, Albertson's, Grocery Outlet, Trader Joe's and WalMart carry
>> > it.
>> >

>> Found it at the Walmart Neighborhood Market this morning. Amazing
>> place - they carry stuff no one else here carries, including the
>> regular large Walmarts.

> The local ones I used here in Chicago closed. They were located
> handily, and I liked their product range...and they were smaller -
> sized, so you didn't have to traipse around a big place -- so OF
> COURSE they had to close.

I'm afraid the same thing may happen here. Almost always only one
checkout line open and only two or three customers waiting. Lots of room
in the parking lot.

I think the problem is they don't advertise that they have so many more
food choices than the large Walmarts and the other groceries. I didn't
know until I went there once after they had ben open for over a year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:33:56 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

> Very true, I don't killfile, but I don't read some often. Easy enough to
> skip over.

My opinion is: if you have a kill file, use it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:45:22 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

> For some folks, that's impossible. My guess is that they're OCD and cannot help themselves. The wise person keeps their friends and family close, but keeps their enemies closer.

I totally disagree. Only people who don't have a decent kill file to
use will say something like that to make up for not having one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:05:16 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:45:22 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>

>> For some folks, that's impossible. My guess is that they're OCD and cannot help themselves. The wise person keeps their friends and family close, but keeps their enemies closer.

>I totally disagree. Only people who don't have a decent kill file to
>use will say something like that to make up for not having one.

I have a kill file and I don't use it. Some people I rarely find
interesting to read, so I skip them often.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:05:16 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:45:22 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>>wrote:
>>

>>> For some folks, that's impossible. My guess is that they're OCD and
>>> cannot help themselves. The wise person keeps their friends and family
>>> close, but keeps their enemies closer.

>>I totally disagree. Only people who don't have a decent kill file to
>>use will say something like that to make up for not having one.

> I have a kill file and I don't use it. Some people I rarely find
> interesting to read, so I skip them often.

Same here. I do have killfile capability, it ain't rocket science, but
sometimes everyone has something useful to say and I don't want to miss what
I find interesting, and I'm not a fan of *public plonking* either.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:10:33 -0700, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:05:16 -0700, sf > wrote:

>>>I totally disagree. Only people who don't have a decent kill file to
>>>use will say something like that to make up for not having one.

>> I have a kill file and I don't use it. Some people I rarely find
>> interesting to read, so I skip them often.

>Same here. I do have killfile capability, it ain't rocket science, but
>sometimes everyone has something useful to say and I don't want to miss what
>I find interesting, and I'm not a fan of *public plonking* either.

Yes, nobody's always useless
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-04-26 8:04 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:10:33 -0700, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

>>> I have a kill file and I don't use it. Some people I rarely find
>>> interesting to read, so I skip them often.

>> Same here. I do have killfile capability, it ain't rocket science, but
>> sometimes everyone has something useful to say and I don't want to miss what
>> I find interesting, and I'm not a fan of *public plonking* either.

> Yes, nobody's always useless

Really? I thought you'd set the bar on that!

refried beans Ophelia[_7_] General Cooking 219 23-05-2011 10:21 PM
Refried Beans Travis and Jenn Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 22-07-2006 04:43 AM
refried beans? Me General Cooking 6 10-12-2005 05:50 AM
refried beans abc Mexican Cooking 11 26-01-2005 04:19 AM
Tell me about REFRIED BEANS General Cooking 12 07-03-2004 08:20 PM