FoodBanter.com

-   -   how to refill the pepper section of an olde thompson acrylicsaltshaker / pepper mill (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/439618-re-how-refill-pepper.html)

Camp Stove 28-07-2016 02:47 AM

On Saturday, September 30, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Eric White wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How to open the Olde Thompson acrylic salt shaker / pepper mil
> I've got. It's a model that's got the salt on top, pepper grinder on the
> bottom.
> It's round, about 1.5 inches in diameter and 4 inches high. Call me an idiot,
> but I just can't figure out how to refill the pepper section. I can screw the
> top
> off to get to the salt section, but nothing I do gives me access to the pepper
> half.
>
> Any suggestions (short of smashing it to bits)?
>
> Thanks,

Turns out mine had the shaft rusted at the top salt section. No surprise since the salt is corrosive. I got it off by putting the salt section in a vice, and hammering the shaft. Tried cleaning but rust dust got everywhere and I didn't want rust dust in my pepper so I chucked it.

Jeßus[_56_] 28-07-2016 03:08 AM

how to refill the pepper section of an olde thompson acrylic saltshaker / pepper mill

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 18:47:07 -0700 (PDT), Camp Stove
> wrote:

>On Saturday, September 30, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Eric White wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> How to open the Olde Thompson acrylic salt shaker / pepper mil
>> I've got. It's a model that's got the salt on top, pepper grinder on the
>> bottom.
>> It's round, about 1.5 inches in diameter and 4 inches high. Call me an idiot,
>> but I just can't figure out how to refill the pepper section. I can screw the
>> top
>> off to get to the salt section, but nothing I do gives me access to the pepper
>> half.
>>
>> Any suggestions (short of smashing it to bits)?
>>
>> Thanks,

>Turns out mine had the shaft rusted at the top salt section. No surprise since the salt is corrosive. I got it off by putting the salt section in a vice, and hammering the shaft. Tried cleaning but rust dust got everywhere and I didn't want rust dust in my pepper so I chucked it.

I'm fairly certain Eric is long past caring about it.