Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Which kitchenaid mixer to buy?

Costco had a 4.5 qt Ultrapower Plus mixer on clearance for $150, which I bought. It has a pouring shield and a bowl with a handle. Costco also sells a professional 6qt Professional 600 Design Series with a glass bowl for 300, plus a $50 mail in rebate. Its beautiful, but the glass bowl is very heavy I think, and the reviews are not good due to the mixer not passing the dime test/uneven mixing. Should I keep the Ultra Power, or take a chance at the Professional? I worry about the uneven mixing, and the weight of the bowl. It might deter me from using it as often? As for the ultra power, I worry about longevity. I would make a loaf or two of bread a week.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 11:25:09 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> Costco had a 4.5 qt Ultrapower Plus mixer on clearance for $150, which I bought. It has a pouring shield and a bowl with a handle. Costco also sells a professional 6qt Professional 600 Design Series with a glass bowl for 300, plus a $50 mail in rebate. Its beautiful, but the glass bowl is very heavy I think, and the reviews are not good due to the mixer not passing the dime test/uneven mixing. Should I keep the Ultra Power, or take a chance at the Professional? I worry about the uneven mixing, and the weight of the bowl. It might deter me from using it as often? As for the ultra power, I worry about longevity. I would make a loaf or two of bread a week.

Buy one Made in USA!! Off Ebay! Used.

Kitchenaid is all cheap Chinese JUNK now!! I bought my Kitchenaid A9 coffee mill from Ebay and I love it!! Made in Troy Ohio!! By United Statesians!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/6/2016 12:46 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 11:25:09 AM UTC-6, wrote:
>> Costco had a 4.5 qt Ultrapower Plus mixer on clearance for $150, which I bought. It has a pouring shield and a bowl with a handle. Costco also sells a professional 6qt Professional 600 Design Series with a glass bowl for 300, plus a $50 mail in rebate. Its beautiful, but the glass bowl is very heavy I think, and the reviews are not good due to the mixer not passing the dime test/uneven mixing. Should I keep the Ultra Power, or take a chance at the Professional? I worry about the uneven mixing, and the weight of the bowl. It might deter me from using it as often? As for the ultra power, I worry about longevity. I would make a loaf or two of bread a week.

> Buy one Made in USA!! Off Ebay! Used.
>
> Kitchenaid is all cheap Chinese JUNK now!! I bought my Kitchenaid A9 coffee mill from Ebay and I love it!! Made in Troy Ohio!! By United Statesians!!
>
> John Kuthe...

John,
STFU unless you have FACTS
http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...90470454369272

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have the big one with a SS bowl and I love it.

Denise in NH

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 9:47:01 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:

> Buy one Made in USA!! Off Ebay! Used.
>
> Kitchenaid is all cheap Chinese JUNK now!! I bought my Kitchenaid A9 coffee mill from Ebay and I love it!! Made in Troy Ohio!! By United Statesians!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I agree. See if you can find one on eBay that is a Hobart or from an estate sale and it was made in the 70's. I don't trust the new Kitchenaid products. They have plastic parts instead of metal parts and they are built to break.

Especially if you are a breadmaker, don't get a new Kitchenaid. Get a good old one and have it cleaned up and new brushes etc. It will last a lifetime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 9:25:09 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> Costco had a 4.5 qt Ultrapower Plus mixer on clearance for $150, which I bought. It has a pouring shield and a bowl with a handle. Costco also sells a professional 6qt Professional 600 Design Series with a glass bowl for 300, plus a $50 mail in rebate. Its beautiful, but the glass bowl is very heavy I think, and the reviews are not good due to the mixer not passing the dime test/uneven mixing. Should I keep the Ultra Power, or take a chance at the Professional? I worry about the uneven mixing, and the weight of the bowl. It might deter me from using it as often? As for the ultra power, I worry about longevity. I would make a loaf or two of bread a week.

Here. Buy this. Much better buy.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobart-Vinta...EAAOSwa-dWqkct
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016 12:34:23 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 9:47:01 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> Buy one Made in USA!! Off Ebay! Used.
>>
>> Kitchenaid is all cheap Chinese JUNK now!! I bought my Kitchenaid A9 coffee mill from Ebay and I love it!! Made in Troy Ohio!! By United Statesians!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>I agree. See if you can find one on eBay that is a Hobart or from an estate sale and it was made in the 70's. I don't trust the new Kitchenaid products. They have plastic parts instead of metal parts and they are built to break.
>
>Especially if you are a breadmaker, don't get a new Kitchenaid. Get a good old one and have it cleaned up and new brushes etc. It will last a lifetime.

Try here for the facts:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KitchenAid
Some Kitchenaid products are made in China. Much is made in the US
(see article). Kitchenaid mixers use die-cast parts.
My current KA is 10 years old and basically does bread dough and
occasionally it used to do cookies. The same was true of my 30 yo KA
that I gave to my daughter.
I haven't had any trouble with my machines.
Janet US (satisfied KA owner)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2016-02-06, l not -l > wrote:

> income selling recycled and reproduction parts for a number of Rival and
> Magic Hostess small appliances (slicers, ginders, etc).

You gotta meat grinder attachment for an old Rival (Kenwood) stand
mixer?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 12:17:13 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 2/6/2016 12:46 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 11:25:09 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> >> Costco had a 4.5 qt Ultrapower Plus mixer on clearance for $150, which I bought. It has a pouring shield and a bowl with a handle. Costco also sells a professional 6qt Professional 600 Design Series with a glass bowl for 300, plus a $50 mail in rebate. Its beautiful, but the glass bowl is very heavy I think, and the reviews are not good due to the mixer not passing the dime test/uneven mixing. Should I keep the Ultra Power, or take a chance at the Professional? I worry about the uneven mixing, and the weight of the bowl. It might deter me from using it as often? As for the ultra power, I worry about longevity. I would make a loaf or two of bread a week.

> > Buy one Made in USA!! Off Ebay! Used.
> >
> > Kitchenaid is all cheap Chinese JUNK now!! I bought my Kitchenaid A9 coffee mill from Ebay and I love it!! Made in Troy Ohio!! By United Statesians!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >

> John,
> STFU unless you have FACTS
> http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...90470454369272

Good to know, and thank you.

But for six years, Kitchenaid weas cheap Chinese JUNK!! And that terse article said they were moving only their mixer manufactiriong back to the U.S.! What about their Kitchenaid A9 Coffee Mills, which I had to buy an old 1940's model made in Troy Ohio off Ebay to avoid the cheap Chinese JUNK syndrome?

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 12:25:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Costco had a 4.5 qt Ultrapower Plus mixer on clearance for $150, which I bought. It has a pouring shield and a bowl with a handle. Costco also sells a professional 6qt Professional 600 Design Series with a glass bowl for 300, plus a $50 mail in rebate. Its beautiful, but the glass bowl is very heavy I think, and the reviews are not good due to the mixer not passing the dime test/uneven mixing. Should I keep the Ultra Power, or take a chance at the Professional? I worry about the uneven mixing, and the weight of the bowl. It might deter me from using it as often? As for the ultra power, I worry about longevity. I would make a loaf or two of bread a week.

I got the 6 quart 2 years ago it is ok.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I would love to have the Professional one. Cost is a factor. Maybe Ill get it when my kids are older and I bake to give away 😉. Right now I believe this may be good enough. Although cost is a factor, I make a habit of buying the best quality for my needs. I do believe in buying quality and feeling the pain once, as opposed to buying cheap over and over. I have a Vitamix that was very expensive, but I dont regret the purchase. I use it often. I have a magic bullet that was cheap, but I do regret the purchase because it doesnt do what I want it to, and cleanup is tedious with all those rubber seals. Its wasted money because I rarely used it. I think this 4.5 qt is a good fit because its smaller size fits very well in my kitchen. The smaller bowl is easy and quick to clean. And finally, although the tilt head MAY not last as long as a professional, its ease of use may make it an appliance I wouldnt hesitate to use on a whim, especially small amounts of whip cream and such. I also feel since Im usually only feeding my small family, I would not WANT to make dozens of cookies or many loafs of bread at once. Fresh is best, so baking smaller amounts more often is better for my family... At least, this was my reasoning ˜º
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I bought the 600w KA Artisan, it came with two steel bowls, the pour shield, bread hook, and the usual mix paddle $269. It's seen alot of use over the years, still using weekly.

On Saturday, February 6, 2016 at 11:25:09 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> Costco had a 4.5 qt Ultrapower Plus mixer on clearance for $150, which I bought. It has a pouring shield and a bowl with a handle. Costco also sells a professional 6qt Professional 600 Design Series with a glass bowl for 300, plus a $50 mail in rebate. Its beautiful, but the glass bowl is very heavy I think, and the reviews are not good due to the mixer not passing the dime test/uneven mixing. Should I keep the Ultra Power, or take a chance at the Professional? I worry about the uneven mixing, and the weight of the bowl. It might deter me from using it as often? As for the ultra power, I worry about longevity. I would make a loaf or two of bread a week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hello,

You can check this article: https://betterfood.co/which-kitchenaid-mixer-to-buy/
It is discussing exactly the same question..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought in the early 90s.
I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend much time
in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones with glass
bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find one. Not with
the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now, since my mixer
isn't used much.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought in
>the early 90s.
> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend
> much time
> in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones
> with glass
> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find
> one. Not with
> the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now, since
> my mixer
> isn't used much.
>
> N.

They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use the
hand mixer.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 06:29:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought in
>>the early 90s.
>> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend
>> much time
>> in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones
>> with glass
>> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find
>> one. Not with
>> the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now, since
>> my mixer
>> isn't used much.
>>
>> N.

>They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
>broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use the
>hand mixer.
>
>Cheri

I don't do much baking anymore. I got rid of my stand mixer more than
ten years ago, it just took up counter space and was something to
dust. I get by just fine with a Kitchenaid hand mixer, used mostly
for my dozen egg omelets and an occasional cake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Nancy2" > wrote in message
>I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought in
>the early 90s.
> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend
> much time
> in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones
> with glass
> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find
> one. Not with
> the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now, since
> my mixer
> isn't used much.
>
> N.

They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use the
hand mixer.

Cheri

==

Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
stuff and we like it.

I rarely get my big mixer out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought in
>>the early 90s.
>> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend
>> much time
>> in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones
>> with glass
>> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find
>> one. Not with
>> the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now, since
>> my mixer
>> isn't used much.
>>
>> N.

> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
> the
> hand mixer.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
> stuff and we like it.
>
> I rarely get my big mixer out.

Mine is always out, but seldom used.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought in
>>the early 90s.
>> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend
>> much time
>> in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones
>> with glass
>> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find
>> one. Not with
>> the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now, since
>> my mixer
>> isn't used much.
>>
>> N.

> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
> the
> hand mixer.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
> stuff and we like it.
>
> I rarely get my big mixer out.

Mine is always out, but seldom used.

Cheri

==

Mine sits under the counter next to the basket that holds the toaster etc
Easy to lift out if I need it but .... )

What I keep on my counter changes occasionally. Just now it is a small
rotisserie oven, a yoghurt maker and a air fryer; on the other side, my
microwave and kettle )

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>>I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought
>>>in the early 90s.
>>> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend
>>> much time
>>> in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones
>>> with glass
>>> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find
>>> one. Not with
>>> the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now,
>>> since my mixer
>>> isn't used much.
>>>
>>> N.

>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>> the
>> hand mixer.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>> stuff and we like it.
>>
>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Mine sits under the counter next to the basket that holds the toaster
> etc Easy to lift out if I need it but .... )
>
> What I keep on my counter changes occasionally. Just now it is a small
> rotisserie oven, a yoghurt maker and a air fryer; on the other side, my
> microwave and kettle )

On mine is small toaster oven, cuisinart fp, can opener, and Nutri-Bullet.
On the other side is KA, large toaster oven, halogen oven, MW (on separate
stand) and Power Grill.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>>I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I bought
>>>in the early 90s.
>>> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to spend
>>> much time
>>> in the kitchen. But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use ones
>>> with glass
>>> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't find
>>> one. Not with
>>> the KA brand anyway. But it would be just a wasteful purchase now,
>>> since my mixer
>>> isn't used much.
>>>
>>> N.

>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>> the
>> hand mixer.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>> stuff and we like it.
>>
>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> Mine sits under the counter next to the basket that holds the toaster
> etc Easy to lift out if I need it but .... )
>
> What I keep on my counter changes occasionally. Just now it is a small
> rotisserie oven, a yoghurt maker and a air fryer; on the other side, my
> microwave and kettle )

On mine is small toaster oven, cuisinart fp, can opener, and Nutri-Bullet.
On the other side is KA, large toaster oven, halogen oven, MW (on separate
stand) and Power Grill.

Cheri
==

Do you change yours sometimes? I do some, but it depends, and not the big
stuff)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the
>>> contestants
>>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>>> the
>>> hand mixer.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>>> stuff and we like it.
>>>
>>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Mine sits under the counter next to the basket that holds the toaster
>> etc Easy to lift out if I need it but .... )
>>
>> What I keep on my counter changes occasionally. Just now it is a small
>> rotisserie oven, a yoghurt maker and a air fryer; on the other side, my
>> microwave and kettle )

> On mine is small toaster oven, cuisinart fp, can opener, and Nutri-Bullet.
> On the other side is KA, large toaster oven, halogen oven, MW (on separate
> stand) and Power Grill.
>
> Cheri
> ==
>
> Do you change yours sometimes? I do some, but it depends, and not the big
> stuff)

Not really, I'm not big on things changed around in my kitchen. Sometimes at
Christmas to make room for a small tree etc. I will move things, but not
often.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 09:06:35 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
>>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>>> the
>>> hand mixer.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>>> stuff and we like it.
>>>
>>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Mine sits under the counter next to the basket that holds the toaster
>> etc Easy to lift out if I need it but .... )
>>
>> What I keep on my counter changes occasionally. Just now it is a small
>> rotisserie oven, a yoghurt maker and a air fryer; on the other side, my
>> microwave and kettle )

>On mine is small toaster oven, cuisinart fp, can opener, and Nutri-Bullet.
>On the other side is KA, large toaster oven, halogen oven, MW (on separate
>stand) and Power Grill.
>
>Cheri

On one side is a bread box, not for bread, for hiding stuff from the
cats... also a knife block, and an electric water kettle. On the
other side is the compost pail, a microwave, a cannister for wooden
spoons, the coffee maker, a bread toaster, and a wine bottle filled
with olive oil.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message speaking of countertop things

> On one side is a bread box, not for bread, for hiding stuff from the
> cats... also a knife block, and an electric water kettle. On the
> other side is the compost pail, a microwave, a cannister for wooden
> spoons, the coffee maker, a bread toaster, and a wine bottle filled
> with olive oil.

Sounds like you have it covered.

Cheri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news >
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the
>>> contestants
>>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>>> the
>>> hand mixer.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>>> stuff and we like it.
>>>
>>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Mine sits under the counter next to the basket that holds the toaster
>> etc Easy to lift out if I need it but .... )
>>
>> What I keep on my counter changes occasionally. Just now it is a small
>> rotisserie oven, a yoghurt maker and a air fryer; on the other side, my
>> microwave and kettle )

> On mine is small toaster oven, cuisinart fp, can opener, and Nutri-Bullet.
> On the other side is KA, large toaster oven, halogen oven, MW (on separate
> stand) and Power Grill.
>
> Cheri
> ==
>
> Do you change yours sometimes? I do some, but it depends, and not the big
> stuff)

Not really, I'm not big on things changed around in my kitchen. Sometimes at
Christmas to make room for a small tree etc. I will move things, but not
often.

Cheri

==

OK I tend to add stuff I am using more, and move other stuff))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the
>>> contestants
>>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>>> the
>>> hand mixer.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>>> stuff and we like it.
>>>
>>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Mine sits under the counter next to the basket that holds the toaster
>> etc Easy to lift out if I need it but .... )
>>
>> What I keep on my counter changes occasionally. Just now it is a small
>> rotisserie oven, a yoghurt maker and a air fryer; on the other side, my
>> microwave and kettle )

>On mine is small toaster oven, cuisinart fp, can opener, and Nutri-Bullet.
>On the other side is KA, large toaster oven, halogen oven, MW (on separate
>stand) and Power Grill.
>
>Cheri

On one side is a bread box, not for bread, for hiding stuff from the
cats... also a knife block, and an electric water kettle. On the
other side is the compost pail, a microwave, a cannister for wooden
spoons, the coffee maker, a bread toaster, and a wine bottle filled
with olive oil.

==

Oohhh I forgot my compost bin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-12-13 9:24 a.m., Cheri wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri"* wrote in message news >>
>> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>>> I have the five quart one with bowl lift (not tilt-head) which I
>>> bought in the early 90s.
>>> I used to use it quite a bit but not anymore since I am unable to
>>> spend much time
>>> in the kitchen.* But I wonder why all the cooking competitions use
>>> ones with glass
>>> bowls, and when I tried to find a glass bowl like those, I couldn't
>>> find one.* Not with
>>> the KA brand anyway.* But it would be just a wasteful purchase now,
>>> since my mixer
>>> isn't used much.
>>>
>>> N.

>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just
>> use the
>> hand mixer.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry.
>> Easy stuff and we like it.
>>
>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>
> Cheri

Mine has got a lot of use over the last few days as I bake stuff for my
son's family in BC. I made a batch of pastry this morning in the FP
where it's much faster and more thorough (I think).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Oohhh I forgot my compost bin

I have a large bowl with cover that sits on top of the small toaster oven
for compost.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
news
> On 2018-12-13 9:24 a.m., Cheri wrote:
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the
>>> contestants
>>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>>> the
>>> hand mixer.
>>>
>>> Cheri
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>>> stuff and we like it.
>>>
>>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>
>> Cheri

> Mine has got a lot of use over the last few days as I bake stuff for my
> son's family in BC. I made a batch of pastry this morning in the FP where
> it's much faster and more thorough (I think).

Yes, you're much more ambitious than me at the moment. Lucky son's family! I
do love using the FP for pie pastry, cookies, etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/13/2018 11:24 AM, Cheri wrote:
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

> Mine is always out, but seldom used.

Mine is always out, because if I had to drag it out of storage - I wouldn't.
I don't use it everyday, but it does get used at least 2 or 3 times a
week, sometimes more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 08:24:18 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "Cheri" wrote in message news >>
>> They're pretty much everywhere, but I don't really see the point. I was
>> watching a holiday baking competition recently and one of the contestants
>> broke a large chip out of the KA glass bowl which ruined his recipe of
>> course. These days I don't make many large amounts, so usually just use
>> the
>> hand mixer.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Same here and when I make pastry, I just make 'rough puff' pastry. Easy
>> stuff and we like it.
>>
>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>Mine is always out, but seldom used.

Sounds like Sheldon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> Oohhh I forgot my compost bin

I have a large bowl with cover that sits on top of the small toaster oven
for compost.

Cheri
==

) It is D's job to take that out

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 12/13/2018 11:24 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>

> Mine is always out, because if I had to drag it out of storage - I
> wouldn't.
> I don't use it everyday, but it does get used at least 2 or 3 times a
> week, sometimes more.

I'm with you there, if I had to get it out, I wouldn't either.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news > "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>
>> Oohhh I forgot my compost bin

> I have a large bowl with cover that sits on top of the small toaster oven
> for compost.
>
> Cheri ==
>
> ) It is D's job to take that out

Yep, same here, not D though. ;-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"S Viemeister" > wrote in message
> On 12/13/2018 11:24 AM, Cheri wrote:
>> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>> I rarely get my big mixer out.

>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>

> Mine is always out, because if I had to drag it out of storage - I
> wouldn't.
> I don't use it everyday, but it does get used at least 2 or 3 times a
> week, sometimes more.

I'm with you there, if I had to get it out, I wouldn't either.

Cheri

==

I have to lift mine about 1 foot

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news > "S Viemeister" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>>

>> Mine is always out, because if I had to drag it out of storage - I
>> wouldn't.
>> I don't use it everyday, but it does get used at least 2 or 3 times a
>> week, sometimes more.

> I'm with you there, if I had to get it out, I wouldn't either.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> I have to lift mine about 1 foot

1 foot too much for me.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message news
"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message news > "S Viemeister" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Mine is always out, but seldom used.
>>>

>> Mine is always out, because if I had to drag it out of storage - I
>> wouldn't.
>> I don't use it everyday, but it does get used at least 2 or 3 times a
>> week, sometimes more.

> I'm with you there, if I had to get it out, I wouldn't either.
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> I have to lift mine about 1 foot

1 foot too much for me.

Cheri

==

LOL I just looked, more like 6 inches ;p