Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Schwans turkey is good!

I was worried as the last time I tried cooking a turkey breast it came out
tough. This came in a bag. I followed the instructions and it came out
well. You'd need to do more than one if feeding a crowd but it was enough
for the three of us with a small amount leftover. So one or two can have it
again, depending on how much they want of it.

I managed to do quite well this year with portions. Only have a small
amount of stuffing, two Crescent rolls and a little cranberry sauce. I
bought a jar from The Vermont Country store. No corn syrup in it. Great!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I was worried as the last time I tried cooking a turkey breast it
> came out tough. This came in a bag. I followed the instructions and
> it came out well. You'd need to do more than one if feeding a crowd
> but it was enough for the three of us with a small amount leftover.
> So one or two can have it again, depending on how much they want of
> it.
>
> I managed to do quite well this year with portions. Only have a
> small amount of stuffing, two Crescent rolls and a little cranberry
> sauce. I bought a jar from The Vermont Country store. No corn syrup
> in it. Great!

Thats good then!

We have leftovers but of a reasonable amount. As normal, a lot more
white meat leftover but then everyone here likes the dark meat best
(even the cat and 2 dogs!)

Don made a really nice stuffing this time. Softly sauteed onions and
mushrooms added.