Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tried and True:: That "Wise" 25 Year Survival Food

My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.

It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)

Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.

I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:

http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg

That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.

Then there's this picture of just the preparation directions:

http://i65.tinypic.com/1j2vm.jpg

All I can tell you is this is some pretty crappy food. I sure as heck
wouldn't want to stock enough of this Wise deydrated food for a week
much less 25 years. YMMV.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> It looks like there's some tiny squiggly noodle like things in there.
> Roundworms, maybe?

Your brain, you decide.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:10:09 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
>finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
>sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>
>It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
>know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
>and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
>absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>
>Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
>bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
>the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
>stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>
>I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>
>http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>
>That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
>stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
>with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.
>
>Then there's this picture of just the preparation directions:
>
>http://i65.tinypic.com/1j2vm.jpg
>
>All I can tell you is this is some pretty crappy food. I sure as heck
>wouldn't want to stock enough of this Wise deydrated food for a week
>much less 25 years. YMMV.
>
>Jill

I've only seen or eaten freeze-dried camping food (years ago). None
of it looked like that. The only thing I didn't care for at that time
was the slight chewiness of the vegetables. Otherwise all the food
looked pretty much as it was supposed to.
I'd put that stuff in an envelope and send it back
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2015 11:10 PM, Janet B wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:10:09 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
>> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
>> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>>
>> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
>> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
>> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
>> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>>
>> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
>> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
>> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
>> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>>
>> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>>
>> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
>> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
>> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.
>>
>> Then there's this picture of just the preparation directions:
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/1j2vm.jpg
>>
>> All I can tell you is this is some pretty crappy food. I sure as heck
>> wouldn't want to stock enough of this Wise deydrated food for a week
>> much less 25 years. YMMV.
>>
>> Jill

> I've only seen or eaten freeze-dried camping food (years ago). None
> of it looked like that. The only thing I didn't care for at that time
> was the slight chewiness of the vegetables. Otherwise all the food
> looked pretty much as it was supposed to.
> I'd put that stuff in an envelope and send it back
> Janet US

It was a free sample so no, I won't be sending it back. I always did
question the "lasts for 25 years thing". I can see why - no one would
want to eat this stuff, not today or in 25 years. Also, that was a
single serving "entree". Approximately 1 cup of food. I guess in case
of disaster no one actually needs to eat food for energy. Heh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/19/2015 7:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2015 19:10:09 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
>> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
>> the packet. How silly is that?)

> That's how many of the packages work. They have a ziplock closure
> built into the bag that keeps the heat/steam in. No ziplock on yours?

Nope, no ziplock. Maybe some of the other packets have ziplocks. <shrug>

The question becomes "why?" I suppose whatever disaster cuts off our
food supply might also destroy all the cookware and bowls... heh.

>> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg

> It looks like there's some tiny squiggly noodle like things in there.
> Roundworms, maybe?
>
> Not sure how pasta can be the first ingredient yet it isn't really
> visible. But when you see TVP in the ingredient list, you know this
> brand is the bottom the barrel shit.

It's also very expensive!

> I'll say again, my Mountain House brand entrees were surprisingly
> good. Lots of freeze dried chicken (not TVP!) and decent pasta that
> rehydrated surprisingly well.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...ream/lightbox/
>
>> All I can tell you is this is some pretty crappy food. I sure as heck
>> wouldn't want to stock enough of this Wise deydrated food for a week
>> much less 25 years. YMMV.

> Be sure to send them your comments. Really **** them off and tell
> them the Mountain House brand was much better.
>
> -sw

Your Mountain House brand definitely *looks* better! Looks like a
decent serving size, too, unless you doubled up.

Due to so many alleged food allergies and sensitivities, a large number
of people wouldn't be able to eat this "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini":

Contains: Milk, Soy, Wheat. Processed on equipment that also processes
milk, soy, wheat, egg, shellfish, fish, tree nuts and peanuts.

Ah, but according to the little catalog they sent along with the sample,
they do make gluten-free versions of some things. Whew! They had me
worried for a minute!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>
> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>
> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>
> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>
> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.

But main thing, Jill. How did it taste?

Forget for the moment how it looked to you. Not very attractive
sludge?
Yes, it looks more like a hearty soup to me, but not awful.

As a matter of fact, it looks just like a heartier version of
YOUR signature butternut squash soup which you are so proud of.

Compa
http://i65.tinypic.com/2n5e0p.jpg

lol ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 08:15:18 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Due to so many alleged food allergies and sensitivities, a large number
>> of people wouldn't be able to eat this "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini":
>>
>> Contains: Milk, Soy, Wheat. Processed on equipment that also processes
>> milk, soy, wheat, egg, shellfish, fish, tree nuts and peanuts.

> The Apocalypse is a good time to get rid of all the people with food
> allergies and intolerances so we can start fresh with a clean gene
> pool.

You sick nazi *******!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 2:10:16 PM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>
> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>
> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>
> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>
> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.
>
> Then there's this picture of just the preparation directions:
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/1j2vm.jpg
>
> All I can tell you is this is some pretty crappy food. I sure as heck
> wouldn't want to stock enough of this Wise deydrated food for a week
> much less 25 years. YMMV.
>
> Jill

The real question you should be asking yourself is will this be a better meal option than boiled rat or some dried up baby carrots you found under the dumpster. When the shit hits the fan, any kind of packaged, non-perishable food is going to be a valuable commidity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 2:10:16 PM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>
> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>
> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>
> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>
> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.
>
> Then there's this picture of just the preparation directions:
>
> http://i65.tinypic.com/1j2vm.jpg
>
> All I can tell you is this is some pretty crappy food. I sure as heck
> wouldn't want to stock enough of this Wise deydrated food for a week
> much less 25 years. YMMV.
>
> Jill

The real question you should be asking yourself is will this be a better
meal option than boiled rat or some dried up baby carrots you found under
the dumpster. When the shit hits the fan, any kind of packaged,
non-perishable food is going to be a valuable commidity.

=======

Very true. Fortunately, most people in this country, including me, have
never known true "starvation" type hunger, which would make that food seem
like a feast.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/2015 12:03 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
>> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
>> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>>
>> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
>> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
>> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
>> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>>
>> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
>> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
>> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
>> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>>
>> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>>
>> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
>> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
>> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.

> But main thing, Jill. How did it taste?

I believe I already said it was bad.

Barely present noodles and dehydrated vegetables in a salty dried
"chicken gravy".

> As a matter of fact, it looks just like a heartier version of
> YOUR signature butternut squash soup which you are so proud of.
>
> Compa
> http://i65.tinypic.com/2n5e0p.jpg
>
> lol ;-D

Two totally different things, Gary. My roasted butternut squash soup
doesn't purport to be anything other than just what it is. A nice tasty
Fall soup.

Thanks for mentioning it.

I picked up butternut squash at the farm stand. I mentioned that in
another post. I already cooked the cabbage I bought at the farm stand.
I adore cabbage. I'll be eating buttered cabbage with thinly sliced
pork tenderloin.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:03:31 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
>> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
>> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>>
>> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
>> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
>> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
>> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>>
>> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
>> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
>> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
>> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>>
>> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>>
>> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
>> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
>> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.

>But main thing, Jill. How did it taste?
>
>Forget for the moment how it looked to you. Not very attractive
>sludge?
>Yes, it looks more like a hearty soup to me, but not awful.
>
>As a matter of fact, it looks just like a heartier version of
>YOUR signature butternut squash soup which you are so proud of.
>
>Compa
> http://i65.tinypic.com/2n5e0p.jpg
>
>lol ;-D

Makes my doctored ramen look Five Star Gormet... of course a lot more
work... typically takes about an hour to prep all the ingredients and
cook. I'll usually make a 2-3 quart batch so makes a couple three
lunches.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/2015 8:45 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 2:10:16 PM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
>> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
>> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
>> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>>
>> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
>> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
>> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
>> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>>
>> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
>> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
>> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
>> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>>
>> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>>
>> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
>> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
>> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.
>>
>> Then there's this picture of just the preparation directions:
>>
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/1j2vm.jpg
>>
>> All I can tell you is this is some pretty crappy food. I sure as heck
>> wouldn't want to stock enough of this Wise deydrated food for a week
>> much less 25 years. YMMV.
>>
>> Jill

> The real question you should be asking yourself is will this be a better
> meal option than boiled rat or some dried up baby carrots you found
> under the dumpster. When the shit hits the fan, any kind of packaged,
> non-perishable food is going to be a valuable commidity.
>
> =======
>
> Very true. Fortunately, most people in this country, including me, have
> never known true "starvation" type hunger, which would make that food
> seem like a feast.
>
> Cheri

These survival foods are sure to be a disappointment if one is
considering it for Sunday dinner or church potluck or if you have the
audacity to serve it to your hubby.

OTOH, they will surely brighten up your family's sad, devastated, faces
in the aftermath of full-scale, thermonuclear, Armageddon. They're gonna
feel like it was Xmas again and loudly will they cheer for your
foresight and brilliance!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:44:25 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>On 11/20/2015 8:45 AM, Cheri wrote:
>>
>> Very true. Fortunately, most people in this country, including me, have
>> never known true "starvation" type hunger, which would make that food
>> seem like a feast.
>>

>These survival foods are sure to be a disappointment if one is
>considering it for Sunday dinner or church potluck or if you have the
>audacity to serve it to your hubby.
>
>OTOH, they will surely brighten up your family's sad, devastated, faces
>in the aftermath of full-scale, thermonuclear, Armageddon. They're gonna
>feel like it was Xmas again and loudly will they cheer for your
>foresight and brilliance!

Ok, no more disaster movies for you!

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/2015 10:56 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:44:25 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:
>
>> On 11/20/2015 8:45 AM, Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>> Very true. Fortunately, most people in this country, including me, have
>>> never known true "starvation" type hunger, which would make that food
>>> seem like a feast.
>>>

>> These survival foods are sure to be a disappointment if one is
>> considering it for Sunday dinner or church potluck or if you have the
>> audacity to serve it to your hubby.
>>
>> OTOH, they will surely brighten up your family's sad, devastated, faces
>> in the aftermath of full-scale, thermonuclear, Armageddon. They're gonna
>> feel like it was Xmas again and loudly will they cheer for your
>> foresight and brilliance!

> Ok, no more disaster movies for you!

As we all know - it can't happen here! No sir, not to us, no way!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/20/2015 3:56 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 10:44:25 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:
>
>> On 11/20/2015 8:45 AM, Cheri wrote:
>>>
>>> Very true. Fortunately, most people in this country, including me, have
>>> never known true "starvation" type hunger, which would make that food
>>> seem like a feast.
>>>

>> These survival foods are sure to be a disappointment if one is
>> considering it for Sunday dinner or church potluck or if you have the
>> audacity to serve it to your hubby.
>>
>> OTOH, they will surely brighten up your family's sad, devastated, faces
>> in the aftermath of full-scale, thermonuclear, Armageddon. They're gonna
>> feel like it was Xmas again and loudly will they cheer for your
>> foresight and brilliance!

> Ok, no more disaster movies for you!

Produced by Irwin Allen, no doubt.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:03:31 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> My free sample of Wise Foods (the survivalist or emergency folks)
>>> finally arrived. Just over a month after I requested it. I prepared the
>>> sample "entree" per the package directions tonight. Uh oh.
>>>
>>> It's supposed to be "Creamy Pasta and Vegetable Rotini". Surely they
>>> know rotini is pasta? Dehydrated vegetables include carrots, zucchini
>>> and peas. In a "creamy chicken flavored sauce". Oooh, sounds
>>> absolutely yummy! (I hope everyone realizes I'm being sarcastic.)
>>>
>>> Per the directions, added 1 cup boiling water to the packet in a soup
>>> bowl. (Oddly, the advertisements show them pouring water directly into
>>> the packet. How silly is that?) Cover and let stand 12-15 minutes,
>>> stirring occasionally. Uncover and let cool 2-3 minutes.
>>>
>>> I followed the directions. I took pictures of the resulting sludge:
>>>
>>> http://i65.tinypic.com/290txyc.jpg
>>>
>>> That was after I let it sit/steep per the package directions, and
>>> stirred it more than a couple of times. Looks more like soup than pasta
>>> with any sort of sauce., doesn't it? Not very attractive.

>> But main thing, Jill. How did it taste?
>>
>> Forget for the moment how it looked to you. Not very attractive
>> sludge?
>> Yes, it looks more like a hearty soup to me, but not awful.
>>
>> As a matter of fact, it looks just like a heartier version of
>> YOUR signature butternut squash soup which you are so proud of.
>>
>> Compa
>> http://i65.tinypic.com/2n5e0p.jpg
>>
>> lol ;-D

> Makes my doctored ramen look Five Star Gormet... of course a lot more
> work... typically takes about an hour to prep all the ingredients and
> cook. I'll usually make a 2-3 quart batch so makes a couple three
> lunches.

Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:19:57 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 11/20/2015 3:56 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> These survival foods are sure to be a disappointment if one is
>>> considering it for Sunday dinner or church potluck or if you have the
>>> audacity to serve it to your hubby.
>>>
>>> OTOH, they will surely brighten up your family's sad, devastated, faces
>>> in the aftermath of full-scale, thermonuclear, Armageddon. They're gonna
>>> feel like it was Xmas again and loudly will they cheer for your
>>> foresight and brilliance!

>> Ok, no more disaster movies for you!
>>

>Produced by Irwin Allen, no doubt.

Yes, he must have made survival food take off!

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Splayass Faggot was: "Wise" 25 Year Survival Food

Splayass FAGGOT wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>Gary wrote:

>>> But main thing, Jill. How did it taste?
>>>
>>> Forget for the moment how it looked to you. Not very attractive
>>> sludge?
>>> Yes, it looks more like a hearty soup to me, but not awful.
>>>
>>> As a matter of fact, it looks just like a heartier version of
>>> YOUR signature butternut squash soup which you are so proud of.
>>>
>>> Compa
>>> http://i65.tinypic.com/2n5e0p.jpg
>>>
>>> lol ;-D

>> Makes my doctored ramen look Five Star Gormet... of course a lot more
>> work... typically takes about an hour to prep all the ingredients and
>> cook. I'll usually make a 2-3 quart batch so makes a couple three
>> lunches.
>>

>Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Splayass FAGGOT wrote:
>>Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Makes my doctored ramen look Five Star Gormet... of course a lot more
>>> work... typically takes about an hour to prep all the ingredients and
>>> cook. I'll usually make a 2-3 quart batch so makes a couple three
>>> lunches.
>>>

>>Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

Is it just me or does Sheldon get wittier the more he drinks?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 23:09:40 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Splayass FAGGOT wrote:

>>>Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

>> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

>Is it just me or does Sheldon get wittier the more he drinks?

If you're drinking too, it may seem that way.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Splayass FAGGOT wrote:

>>> Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

>> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

> Is it just me or does Sheldon get wittier the more he drinks?

Much wittier :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:24:23 -0700, playas > wrote:

>Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> But main thing, Jill. How did it taste?
>>>
>>> Forget for the moment how it looked to you. Not very attractive
>>> sludge?
>>> Yes, it looks more like a hearty soup to me, but not awful.
>>>
>>> As a matter of fact, it looks just like a heartier version of
>>> YOUR signature butternut squash soup which you are so proud of.
>>>
>>> Compa
>>> http://i65.tinypic.com/2n5e0p.jpg
>>>
>>> lol ;-D

>> Makes my doctored ramen look Five Star Gormet... of course a lot more
>> work... typically takes about an hour to prep all the ingredients and
>> cook. I'll usually make a 2-3 quart batch so makes a couple three
>> lunches.
>>

>Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

You don't have a clue, do you. You're an asshole who thinks his shit
doesn't stink.
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 14:24:23 -0700, playas > wrote:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Makes my doctored ramen look Five Star Gormet... of course a lot more
>>> work... typically takes about an hour to prep all the ingredients and
>>> cook. I'll usually make a 2-3 quart batch so makes a couple three
>>> lunches.
>>>

>> Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

> You don't have a clue, do you. You're an asshole who thinks his shit
> doesn't stink.
> --
> Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

Although the US portrays itself as the land of equality, it unfairly
targets Muslim gunmen as terrorists, even as studies show that white
supremacist and radical anti-government groups pose the greatest
domestic terror threat in the country.

American media outlets have been reluctant to classify the Charleston,
South Carolina church massacre as terrorism, despite how clearly it fits
the definition of a terrorist act, defined as extreme violence intended
to murder civilians and to create fear based on political and
ideological beliefs.

Dylann Roof, 21, the white gunman who shot nine black people dead at the
Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston last month is
an avowed white supremacist who wanted to start a race war in the US.

Roof, however, has been described by mainstream media outlets and
authorities as mentally ill and filled with the hatred of blacks, not a
terrorist.

Similarly, Craig Stephen Hicks, a white gunman who killed three Muslim
American college students in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in February
had also been steered away from terrorism, although governments and
leaders of several Muslim-majority countries deemed the shooting to be
terrorism.

Former Black Panther Party member and international defense lawyer John
Floyd says there is no real distinction between terrorism and hate
crimes, describing their differences as rhetorical.

“It’s a distinction without a real difference,” Floyd told Press TV’s
correspondent in Washington. “A lot of the elements that if you were
trying to prove that it was a terrorist act, it’s there; if you want to
prove that it’s a hate crime, it’s there,” he said.

According to a recent study published last month, white and right-wing
Americans present a far greater terror threat to the United States than
individuals linked to the al-Qaeda or ISIL extremist groups.

Most of the “terror” attacks carried out on US soil since the September
11, 2001 attacks have been committed by white supremacist and radical
anti-government groups, according to the New America Foundation, a
Washington-based think tank.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Splayass FAGGOT wrote:

>>> Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

>> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

> Is it just me or does Sheldon get wittier the more he drinks?

Although the US portrays itself as the land of equality, it unfairly
targets Muslim gunmen as terrorists, even as studies show that white
supremacist and radical anti-government groups pose the greatest
domestic terror threat in the country.

American media outlets have been reluctant to classify the Charleston,
South Carolina church massacre as terrorism, despite how clearly it fits
the definition of a terrorist act, defined as extreme violence intended
to murder civilians and to create fear based on political and
ideological beliefs.

Dylann Roof, 21, the white gunman who shot nine black people dead at the
Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston last month is
an avowed white supremacist who wanted to start a race war in the US.

Roof, however, has been described by mainstream media outlets and
authorities as mentally ill and filled with the hatred of blacks, not a
terrorist.

Similarly, Craig Stephen Hicks, a white gunman who killed three Muslim
American college students in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in February
had also been steered away from terrorism, although governments and
leaders of several Muslim-majority countries deemed the shooting to be
terrorism.

Former Black Panther Party member and international defense lawyer John
Floyd says there is no real distinction between terrorism and hate
crimes, describing their differences as rhetorical.

“It’s a distinction without a real difference,” Floyd told Press TV’s
correspondent in Washington. “A lot of the elements that if you were
trying to prove that it was a terrorist act, it’s there; if you want to
prove that it’s a hate crime, it’s there,” he said.

According to a recent study published last month, white and right-wing
Americans present a far greater terror threat to the United States than
individuals linked to the al-Qaeda or ISIL extremist groups.

Most of the “terror” attacks carried out on US soil since the September
11, 2001 attacks have been committed by white supremacist and radical
anti-government groups, according to the New America Foundation, a
Washington-based think tank.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 23:09:40 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

>> Is it just me or does Sheldon get wittier the more he drinks?

> If you're drinking too, it may seem that way.

Although the US portrays itself as the land of equality, it unfairly
targets Muslim gunmen as terrorists, even as studies show that white
supremacist and radical anti-government groups pose the greatest
domestic terror threat in the country.

American media outlets have been reluctant to classify the Charleston,
South Carolina church massacre as terrorism, despite how clearly it fits
the definition of a terrorist act, defined as extreme violence intended
to murder civilians and to create fear based on political and
ideological beliefs.

Dylann Roof, 21, the white gunman who shot nine black people dead at the
Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston last month is
an avowed white supremacist who wanted to start a race war in the US.

Roof, however, has been described by mainstream media outlets and
authorities as mentally ill and filled with the hatred of blacks, not a
terrorist.

Similarly, Craig Stephen Hicks, a white gunman who killed three Muslim
American college students in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in February
had also been steered away from terrorism, although governments and
leaders of several Muslim-majority countries deemed the shooting to be
terrorism.

Former Black Panther Party member and international defense lawyer John
Floyd says there is no real distinction between terrorism and hate
crimes, describing their differences as rhetorical.

“It’s a distinction without a real difference,” Floyd told Press TV’s
correspondent in Washington. “A lot of the elements that if you were
trying to prove that it was a terrorist act, it’s there; if you want to
prove that it’s a hate crime, it’s there,” he said.

According to a recent study published last month, white and right-wing
Americans present a far greater terror threat to the United States than
individuals linked to the al-Qaeda or ISIL extremist groups.

Most of the “terror” attacks carried out on US soil since the September
11, 2001 attacks have been committed by white supremacist and radical
anti-government groups, according to the New America Foundation, a
Washington-based think tank.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Splayass FAGGOT wrote:
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Makes my doctored ramen look Five Star Gormet... of course a lot more
>>> work... typically takes about an hour to prep all the ingredients and
>>> cook. I'll usually make a 2-3 quart batch so makes a couple three
>>> lunches.
>>>

>> Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

Although the US portrays itself as the land of equality, it unfairly
targets Muslim gunmen as terrorists, even as studies show that white
supremacist and radical anti-government groups pose the greatest
domestic terror threat in the country.

American media outlets have been reluctant to classify the Charleston,
South Carolina church massacre as terrorism, despite how clearly it fits
the definition of a terrorist act, defined as extreme violence intended
to murder civilians and to create fear based on political and
ideological beliefs.

Dylann Roof, 21, the white gunman who shot nine black people dead at the
Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston last month is
an avowed white supremacist who wanted to start a race war in the US.

Roof, however, has been described by mainstream media outlets and
authorities as mentally ill and filled with the hatred of blacks, not a
terrorist.

Similarly, Craig Stephen Hicks, a white gunman who killed three Muslim
American college students in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, in February
had also been steered away from terrorism, although governments and
leaders of several Muslim-majority countries deemed the shooting to be
terrorism.

Former Black Panther Party member and international defense lawyer John
Floyd says there is no real distinction between terrorism and hate
crimes, describing their differences as rhetorical.

“It’s a distinction without a real difference,” Floyd told Press TV’s
correspondent in Washington. “A lot of the elements that if you were
trying to prove that it was a terrorist act, it’s there; if you want to
prove that it’s a hate crime, it’s there,” he said.

According to a recent study published last month, white and right-wing
Americans present a far greater terror threat to the United States than
individuals linked to the al-Qaeda or ISIL extremist groups.

Most of the “terror” attacks carried out on US soil since the September
11, 2001 attacks have been committed by white supremacist and radical
anti-government groups, according to the New America Foundation, a
Washington-based think tank.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 11/20/2015 3:56 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> These survival foods are sure to be a disappointment if one is
>>> considering it for Sunday dinner or church potluck or if you have the
>>> audacity to serve it to your hubby.
>>>
>>> OTOH, they will surely brighten up your family's sad, devastated, faces
>>> in the aftermath of full-scale, thermonuclear, Armageddon. They're gonna
>>> feel like it was Xmas again and loudly will they cheer for your
>>> foresight and brilliance!

>> Ok, no more disaster movies for you!
>>

>Produced by Irwin Allen, no doubt.
>
>Jill

You don't have a clue, do you. You're an asshole who thinks his shit
doesn't stink.
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> Splayass FAGGOT wrote:

>>>Dude, you cook like you're eating for 4!

>> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

> Is it just me or does Sheldon get wittier the more he drinks?

It's just you. Sheldon and wit don't really go together unless it happens to
be half-wit.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheri wrote:

> "tert in seattle" > wrote in message
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Very often I feed four, Splayass Faggot.

>> Is it just me or does Sheldon get wittier the more he drinks?

> It's just you. Sheldon and wit don't really go together unless it
> happens to be half-wit.
>
> Cheri

Glass half empty syndrome?

:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> The Apocalypse is a good time to get rid of all the people with food
> allergies and intolerances so we can start fresh with a clean gene
> pool. Eating this Wise survival food will also get rid of the picky
> eaters. Let them sulk in the corner of the bunker and starve to
> death.

People would kill for that Wise survival food someday.
Best to befriend Mel Gibson now.

I suspect the next apocalypse will either be another meteor strike or
more likely a virus thing. Whatever, something will happen eventually
though. The dinosaurs laughed that off millions of years ago but they
got slammed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> The Apocalypse is a good time to get rid of all the people with food
>> allergies and intolerances so we can start fresh with a clean gene
>> pool. Eating this Wise survival food will also get rid of the picky
>> eaters. Let them sulk in the corner of the bunker and starve to
>> death.

> People would kill for that Wise survival food someday.
> Best to befriend Mel Gibson now.
>
> I suspect the next apocalypse will either be another meteor strike or
> more likely a virus thing. Whatever, something will happen eventually
> though. The dinosaurs laughed that off millions of years ago but they
> got slammed.

Now they're mostly represented by much smaller versions of themselves.

Maybe we'll all morph into Smurfs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:54:05 -0700, Hidalgo > wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> The Apocalypse is a good time to get rid of all the people with food
>>> allergies and intolerances so we can start fresh with a clean gene
>>> pool. Eating this Wise survival food will also get rid of the picky
>>> eaters. Let them sulk in the corner of the bunker and starve to
>>> death.

>> People would kill for that Wise survival food someday.
>> Best to befriend Mel Gibson now.
>>
>> I suspect the next apocalypse will either be another meteor strike or
>> more likely a virus thing. Whatever, something will happen eventually
>> though. The dinosaurs laughed that off millions of years ago but they
>> got slammed.
>>

>Now they're mostly represented by much smaller versions of themselves.
>
>Maybe we'll all morph into Smurfs.

One dwarf morph is enough.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Nov 2015 08:54:05 -0700, Hidalgo > wrote:
>
>> Gary wrote:

>>> People would kill for that Wise survival food someday.
>>> Best to befriend Mel Gibson now.
>>>
>>> I suspect the next apocalypse will either be another meteor strike or
>>> more likely a virus thing. Whatever, something will happen eventually
>>> though. The dinosaurs laughed that off millions of years ago but they
>>> got slammed.
>>>

>> Now they're mostly represented by much smaller versions of themselves.
>>
>> Maybe we'll all morph into Smurfs.

> One dwarf morph is enough.

LOL!