Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default "Miracle Noodle"/Konnyaku nutrition label says zero cals, zero carbs.... how true?

I got a luke-warm response on a.s.d to my request how many calories do these REALLY have, thought I'd try here. My best guess is less than 5Kkals/serving. Does anyone have facts?

I tried "Miracle Noodle Calorie Free Noodles" a while back, and have wondered if they are really "zero calorie." They claim one small pouch has 2.5-3 servings, about one large spoonfull each serving! The reason I'm wondering is I'm aware that companies manipulate(minimize) serving sizes to "go under the radar" in reporting on nutrition labels.

One example is Pam spray oil. They claim 0 calories, 0 fat and oil. But this is for a 1/3 second spray! It makes one spray about .4 gms, so they round it down to 0 and the lying weasles put 0 calories on the label.

A nearby Asian supermarket sells similar "zero" calorie noodles in 14oz pouches for less than 1/2 the price of "Miracle Noodles." But their "serving size" is 1oz!

I've been convincing myself they ARE zero calorie, reasoning they're 100% soluable fiber, preservatives, and water.

Does anybody have FACTS supporting true zero cals for these noodles?

Thanks