Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pot-laced candy at Halloween (don't worry)

Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout

Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and Washington
of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.

Top comment so far (not many comments):

"All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout

> Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and Washington
> of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.
>
> Top comment so far (not many comments):
>
> "All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
> are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."
>

> Lenona.

It's entirely possible the same mentality that used to puch razor blades
into apples would spend a few bucks to do that, but as you said, it
hasn't happened yet, now has it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:46:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout

>Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and Washington
>of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.
>
>Top comment so far (not many comments):
>
>"All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
>are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."

I could see someone ACCIDENTLLY giving away marijuana candy,
but it's WAY too expensive to do so intentionally.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The New Other Guy wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:46:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
>
>> Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout

>> Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and Washington
>> of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.
>>
>> Top comment so far (not many comments):
>>
>> "All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
>> are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."

> I could see someone ACCIDENTLLY giving away marijuana candy,
> but it's WAY too expensive to do so intentionally.

Of course.

But as a sick prank?

Not too spendy at all.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:51:55 -0600, el pie de Onate >
wrote:

> The New Other Guy wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:46:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
> >
> >> Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout

> >> Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and Washington
> >> of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.
> >>
> >> Top comment so far (not many comments):
> >>
> >> "All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
> >> are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."

> > I could see someone ACCIDENTLLY giving away marijuana candy,
> > but it's WAY too expensive to do so intentionally.

> Of course.
>
> But as a sick prank?
>
> Not too spendy at all.

Why is it too hard for parents to go through the candy first?
RESPONSIBLE parents of younger children do it anyway just to cull the
wheat from the chaff. If the person doing the sorting can read, they
will be able to tell if it's marijuana or not - problem solved.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pardon the double post if this made it through because it didn't at my
end.

wrote:

> The New Other Guy wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 12:46:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
> >
> >> Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout

> >> Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and Washington
> >> of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.
> >>
> >> Top comment so far (not many comments):
> >>
> >> "All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
> >> are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."

> > I could see someone ACCIDENTLLY giving away marijuana candy,
> > but it's WAY too expensive to do so intentionally.

> Of course.
>
> But as a sick prank?
>
> Not too spendy at all.

Why is it too hard for parents to go through the candy first?
RESPONSIBLE parents of younger children do it anyway just to cull the
wheat from the chaff. If the person doing the sorting can read, they
will be able to tell if it's marijuana or not - problem solved.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 14:51:55 -0600, el pie de Onate >
> wrote:
>
>> The New Other Guy wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout

>>> I could see someone ACCIDENTLLY giving away marijuana candy,
>>> but it's WAY too expensive to do so intentionally.

>> Of course.
>>
>> But as a sick prank?
>>
>> Not too spendy at all.

> Why is it too hard for parents to go through the candy first?

It sure wasn't for mine!

> RESPONSIBLE parents of younger children do it anyway just to cull the
> wheat from the chaff.

Always.

> If the person doing the sorting can read, they
> will be able to tell if it's marijuana or not - problem solved.

Not necessarily - it may be an unlabeled hard candy.

Or it may be wrapped in a mainstream label.

But to your point any sensible parent would discard anything that looked
off.

Parents don't really parent any more, perhaps you've noticed?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 3:46:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Shoot, I thought you were going to tell me how to make some or where
to get some.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 03:48:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 3:46:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>
> Shoot, I thought you were going to tell me how to make some or where
> to get some.

I imagine it's easy to buy in Colorado.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 11:04:12 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:

> I imagine it's easy to buy in Colorado.

Sadly, more than one family has had to MOVE to Colorado and away from family
and friends - to get medicine for their sick little kids or other relatives.

Here's a thread beginning with the case of one such family - a New Jersey
family with a toddler suffering from a deadly case of epilepsy...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt.obituaries/toddler$20christie

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 11:04:12 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 03:48:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> > On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 3:46:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> >
> > Shoot, I thought you were going to tell me how to make some or where
> > to get some.
> >

> I imagine it's easy to buy in Colorado.
> sf

I was just joking, anyway. My consumption of mind-altering
substances (including alcohol) is just about nil these days.

Except, of course, for my daily rations of coffee and chocolate.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 08:57:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 11:04:12 AM UTC-4, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 03:48:02 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 3:46:09 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > >
> > > Shoot, I thought you were going to tell me how to make some or where
> > > to get some.
> > >

> > I imagine it's easy to buy in Colorado.
> > sf

> I was just joking, anyway. My consumption of mind-altering
> substances (including alcohol) is just about nil these days.
>
> Except, of course, for my daily rations of coffee and chocolate.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

If anyone would LIKE to know:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=marijuana+cookbook

And for anyone who likes to combine alcohol and desserts, here's Peg Couch's book:

https://www.google.com/#q=%22spiked+desserts%22+couch

Reviews:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...piked-desserts

Lenona.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!
>
> http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout
>
> Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and
> Washington
> of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.
>
> Top comment so far (not many comments):
>
> "All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
> are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."
>

> Lenona.

But someone did get a bag of pot in their trick or treat bag. Not sure how
that happened. That was last year.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 01:25:28 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
> But someone did get a bag of pot in their trick or treat bag. Not sure how
> that happened. That was last year.

Where, how old was the child and was it proven?

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> Just found it. Trouble is, I can't even copy the title!
>>
>> http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pot...id=mailsignout
>>

>> Bottom line: Last year, there were zero cases in BOTH Colorado and
>> Washington
>> of such candies being given to kids at Halloween.
>>
>> Top comment so far (not many comments):
>>
>> "All these urban myths with zero facts or truth...I mean, them edibles
>> are EXPENSIVE!!! No one is just going to give them away..."
>>

>> Lenona.

> But someone did get a bag of pot in their trick or treat bag. Not sure
> how that happened. That was last year.

Wow, you give out cool treats!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 01:25:28 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>>
>> But someone did get a bag of pot in their trick or treat bag. Not sure how
>> that happened. That was last year.

> Where, how old was the child and was it proven?

I think Sqwerty toked it all up first...

Halloween Candy Tara General Cooking 28 28-10-2013 03:08 AM
Halloween Candy Tara General Cooking 16 28-10-2012 05:00 AM
Halloween candy Nancy Young General Cooking 44 17-10-2006 09:23 PM
halloween candy elaine General Cooking 1 01-11-2005 12:06 AM
Halloween candy DJS0302 General Cooking 10 28-10-2004 04:25 PM