Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default American made ice cube trays

For Kuthe and others who may be interested:

Turns out the trays we have used in our fridges for years are made in USA
Sterilite 7240. We have three. I overfill them a bit, which makes picking
up cubes easy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 wrote:

>For Kuthe and others who may be interested:
>
>Turns out the trays we have used in our fridges for years are made in USA
>Sterilite 7240. We have three. I overfill them a bit, which makes picking
>up cubes easy.

If plastic ice cube trays are lightly coated with vegetable oil and
then washed cubes will not stick... probably only need to do this once
over the life of the tray.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ping Kuthe American made ice cube trays

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:43:53 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:

>Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

But Rubbermaid was one oif the corporations, formerly a good quality
American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
shipping it to CHINA!!

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
to THEM!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:07:03 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:43:53 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>
>>Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>>a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>>Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

>But Rubbermaid was one oif the corporations, formerly a good quality
>American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
>purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
>shipping it to CHINA!!
>
>http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
>
>And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
>stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
>Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
>United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
>their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
>to THEM!!
>
>John Kuthe...

Thanks for your efforts though.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2015 12:43 PM, l not -l wrote:
> Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
> a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
> Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

Walmart has more sizes and cheaper prices.
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2015 1:15 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:07:03 -0500, John Kuthe >
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:43:53 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>>
>>> Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>>> a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>>> Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

>> But Rubbermaid was one oif the corporations, formerly a good quality
>> American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
>> purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
>> shipping it to CHINA!!
>>
>> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
>>
>> And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
>> stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
>> Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
>> United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
>> their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
>> to THEM!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> Thanks for your efforts though.
>
> John Kuthe...

Idiot.
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
> stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!

Oh **** THE HELL OFF with you a endless Wal Mary bitching!

Damn you're a useless waste of electrolytes!

https://www.minneapolisfed.org/publi...al-communities

The Wal-Mart effect: Poison or antidote for local communities?

Wal-Mart even scares businesses that aren't direct competitors, at least
not yet. Banks, for instance, lobbied Congress hard to keep Wal-Mart
from becoming an industrial loan corporation, which, in effect, would
have allowed it to offer banking services.

But some argue that the company can be, and often is, a force for good.
Wal-Mart's low prices are hard to dispute, and the biggest benefactors
are low-income shoppers. Wal-Mart has been widely lauded for its $4
pharmacy program, which has rippled through drug and pharmacy industries
to the delight of consumer advocates.

The company has received considerable attention for various
environmental initiatives. It has widely replaced store lighting with
energy-saving bulbs and given the bulbs prominent space on store
shelves. The company announced in November that it has increased the
energy efficiency of its buildings and truck fleets by 15 percent since
2005, and has committed to using solar energy at 22 sites. It also
promised to cut solid waste from its U.S. stores by 25 percent by next
October. Earlier in the year, the company announced a pilot program with
a small number of suppliers (among its 60,000 worldwide) who will start
measuring, and hopefully reducing, their carbon footprint.

Given the terror that Wal-Mart is purported to inflict on communities,
the fedgazette's findings of the firm's economic influence are almost
mundane. Despite its kill-them-all reputation, Wal-Mart is not the
threat that many fear, at least in terms of economic benchmarks commonly
associated with healthy, growing communities.

For example, Wal-Mart is widely believed to destroy local firms and jobs
and to have a dampening effect on wages. But fedgazette findings suggest
the opposite: Firm growth, employment and total earnings were somewhat
stronger in Wal-Mart counties and, in some cases, even in the retail
sector. The research does suggest that retail earnings per job fell in
virtually all counties studied. But they actually fell by less in
Wal-Mart counties.

It should be emphasized that there are big differences in population,
income and employment growth rates among the counties studied. Some
counties with a Wal-Mart had strong growth, and other Wal-Mart counties
had slow growth. Similarly, there were fast and slow growers among
non-Wal-Mart counties. The point here is that Wal-Mart's presence
explains little of this disparity pattern. Still, some notable outcomes
did show through in the study.

In sum, fedgazette findings suggest that Wal-Mart has a slightly
positive effect on counties where the retailer decides to set up shop.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh **** THE HELL OFF with you a endless Wal Mart bitching!

[...]

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"l not -l" wrote:

>Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

The four ice cube trays that came with my GE Profile fridge say Made
in Hong Kong, they've been used well over 18 years now and produced
cubes that have chilled an unfathomable volume of Crystal Palace, etc.
Rubbermaid prducts are no longer made in the US, not for a long time
now, like about ten years... I used to like Rubbermaid products a lot
but for many years now they are functional but not as good. I find
nothing wrong with products produced in the Orient, most are better
made than those produced in the US these days... they have far better
skilled workers in the Orient now. The skilled workers in the US are
now mostly over 70 years old, when they retire or die there are no
more. Remember my words, no society can survive without toolmakers
and the US has pathetically few remaining. Unless the US begins to
have skilled trades apprenticeship programs very soon there won't be
any US, I'd say ten years and it's all over, I kid you not... now
everyone is driving a desk or on welfare... can't win a war with a
society what can't even produce pencil sharpeners for it's desk
jockeys... when was the last time yoose used a pen produced in the US?
Nowadays no US pen is mightier than anyone's sword.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On 10/23/2015 1:37 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> "l not -l" wrote:
>>
>> Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>> a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>> Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

> The four ice cube trays that came with my GE Profile fridge say Made
> in Hong Kong, they've been used well over 18 years now and produced
> cubes that have chilled an unfathomable volume of Crystal Palace, etc.
> Rubbermaid prducts are no longer made in the US, not for a long time
> now, like about ten years... I used to like Rubbermaid products a lot
> but for many years now they are functional but not as good. I find
> nothing wrong with products produced in the Orient, most are better
> made than those produced in the US these days... they have far better
> skilled workers in the Orient now. The skilled workers in the US are
> now mostly over 70 years old, when they retire or die there are no
> more. Remember my words, no society can survive without toolmakers
> and the US has pathetically few remaining. Unless the US begins to
> have skilled trades apprenticeship programs very soon there won't be
> any US, I'd say ten years and it's all over, I kid you not... now
> everyone is driving a desk or on welfare... can't win a war with a
> society what can't even produce pencil sharpeners for it's desk
> jockeys... when was the last time yoose used a pen produced in the US?
> Nowadays no US pen is mightier than anyone's sword.

You don't have a clue, do you. You're an asshole who thinks his shit
doesn't stink.
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:43:17 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On 10/23/2015 1:15 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:07:03 -0500, John Kuthe >
>> wrote:

>>> But Rubbermaid was one oif the corporations, formerly a good quality
>>> American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
>>> purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
>>> shipping it to CHINA!!
>>>
>>> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
>>>
>>> And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
>>> stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
>>> Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
>>> United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
>>> their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
>>> to THEM!!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Thanks for your efforts though.
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

>Idiot.

****er!

You wanna play more childish games with me? You WILL lose!! I can be
more childish than anyone!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/23/2015 7:50 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:43:17 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>> On 10/23/2015 1:15 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

>>> Thanks for your efforts though.
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Idiot.

> ****er!
>
> You wanna play more childish games with me? You WILL lose!! I can be
> more childish than anyone!
>
> John Kuthe...

lol +1!
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:43:53 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>
>>Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>>a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>>Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

>But Rubbermaid was one oif the corporations, formerly a good quality
>American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
>purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
>shipping it to CHINA!!
>
>http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
>
>And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
>stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
>Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
>United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
>their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
>to THEM!!
>
>John Kuthe...

A Google search for"ice cube tray made in USA" turned up several. Some
metal and some plastic.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 06:42:55 -0400, The Cook >
wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 15:07:03 -0500, John Kuthe >
>wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 19:43:53 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>>
>>>Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>>>a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>>>Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

>>But Rubbermaid was one oif the corporations, formerly a good quality
>>American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
>>purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
>>shipping it to CHINA!!
>>
>>http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
>>
>>And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
>>stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
>>Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
>>United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
>>their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
>>to THEM!!
>>
>>John Kuthe...

>A Google search for"ice cube tray made in USA" turned up several. Some
>metal and some plastic.

Yeah, and like I said because more and more United Statesians are
seeking to buy only United Statesian make goods, many vendors arte
LYING about their products counmtry of origin they have available for
sale. I got bitten for a $200 pair of Keen boots because Keen has
"Made in USA" plastered all over their website, but the boots I got
mail order clearly have a "Made In China" label sewn into them!! :-(

I am much more careful anymore.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> You wanna play more childish games with me? You WILL lose!! I can be
> more childish than anyone!
>
> John Kuthe...

Even Old King Troll?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 09:51:48 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>> You wanna play more childish games with me? You WILL lose!! I can be
>> more childish than anyone!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>Even Old King Troll?

Which part of "anyone" did you not understand?

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 09:51:48 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:
>
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> You wanna play more childish games with me? You WILL lose!! I can be
>>> more childish than anyone!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> Even Old King Troll?

> Which part of "anyone" did you not understand?
>
> John Kuthe...

You're making a stong case for your juvenile nature, for sure!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

The Cook wrote:
>John Kuthe wrote:
>>"l not -l" wrote:
>>
>>>Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
>>>a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
>>>Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

>>But Rubbermaid was one of the corporations, formerly a good quality
>>American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
>>purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
>>shipping it to CHINA!!
>>
>>http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
>>
>>And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
>>stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
>>Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
>>United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
>>their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
>>to THEM!!

>A Google search for"ice cube tray made in USA" turned up several. Some
>metal and some plastic.

It's an ice cube tray, at this point what difference does it make
where it was made, and how would anyone know by looking at it... Ice
cube trays don't have country of origin molded into them, only the
packaging would say and nine times out of ten that's only where the
packaging was made. Practically nothing is manufactured in the US
anymore, Americans don't know how to make stuff anymore... why do you
think Trump is always saying how he hires Hispanics, he has to,
Americans don't know how to build skyscrapers, most Americans can
barely erect a prefab garden shed. America's schools no longer teach
building trades or any trades, there are no apprenticship programs,
haven't been for a long time. Americans are deathly ascared of
perspiration and calluses, about all they can do is use keyboards and
play the system to remain on the dole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 10:35:42 AM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> The Cook wrote:
> >John Kuthe wrote:

> >>But Rubbermaid was one of the corporations, formerly a good quality
> >>American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
> >>purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
> >>shipping it to CHINA!!
> >>
> >>http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
> >>
> >>And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
> >>stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
> >>Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
> >>United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
> >>their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
> >>to THEM!!

> >A Google search for"ice cube tray made in USA" turned up several. Some
> >metal and some plastic.

> It's an ice cube tray, at this point what difference does it make
> where it was made, and how would anyone know by looking at it... Ice
> cube trays don't have country of origin molded into them, only the
> packaging would say and nine times out of ten that's only where the
> packaging was made.

Imports are largely crap. I cried when I saw what the current Rubbermaid
version of the dish drainer they have sold since the 1960s is like. The
wire is only 2/3 the diameter.

Only imports need be marked with country of origin. Anything with a
molded label would also have to be marked China or Taiwan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 00:50:43 -0500, John Kuthe >
wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Oct 2015 13:43:17 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
> >On 10/23/2015 1:15 PM, John Kuthe wrote:

> >> Thanks for your efforts though.
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...
> >>

> >Idiot.

> ****er!
>
> You wanna play more childish games with me? You WILL lose!! I can be
> more childish than anyone!
>
> John Kuthe...

Try checking your headers before you react to a troll.
--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 13:35:37 -0400, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>The Cook wrote:
>>John Kuthe wrote:

>>>But Rubbermaid was one of the corporations, formerly a good quality
>>>American made brand, moving to China as Chinese businessmen were
>>>purchasing Rubbermaid's $750,000 injection molding machine and
>>>shipping it to CHINA!!
>>>
>>>http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/
>>>
>>>And MalWart was just recently called down for putting "Made in USA"
>>>stickers on everything in their corrupt stores!! Made in USA or not!!
>>>Now that a prepoderance of We The People are starting to buy only
>>>United Statesian made goods, the corrupt evil capitalists are lying
>>>their asses off trying to maintain the flow of We The People's dollars
>>>to THEM!!

>>A Google search for"ice cube tray made in USA" turned up several. Some
>>metal and some plastic.

>It's an ice cube tray, at this point what difference does it make
>where it was made, and how would anyone know by looking at it... Ice
>cube trays don't have country of origin molded into them, only the
>packaging would say and nine times out of ten that's only where the
>packaging was made. Practically nothing is manufactured in the US
>anymore, Americans don't know how to make stuff anymore... why do you
>think Trump is always saying how he hires Hispanics, he has to,
>Americans don't know how to build skyscrapers, most Americans can
>barely erect a prefab garden shed. America's schools no longer teach
>building trades or any trades, there are no apprenticship programs,
>haven't been for a long time. Americans are deathly ascared of
>perspiration and calluses, about all they can do is use keyboards and
>play the system to remain on the dole.

No raindrop ever thinks it's responsible for the flood! :-(

Frontline expose:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw64hRgLBqM

Lyrics:
http://www.lyricsvip.com/The-Reveren...re-Lyrics.html

Results: Data from
http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

U.S. Trade Imbalance with China (millions of dollars, to China)

Year Amount
1985 6
1986 1664
1987 2796
1988 3489
1989 6234
1990 10431
1991 12591
1992 18309
1993 22777
1994 29505
1995 33789
1996 39520
1997 47695
1998 56927
1999 68677
2000 83833
2001 83096
2002 103064
2003 124068
2004 161938
2005 201544
2006 232548
2007 258506
2008 268040
2009 208688
2010 273063
2011 295422
2012 315053
2013 318417
2014 342632

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> No raindrop ever thinks it's responsible for the flood!:-(
>
> Frontline expose:

You obsessive compulsive FREAK!

[...]

So the fedgazette decided to take a closer look at the matter,
attempting to answer a seemingly straightforward question: What economic
effect does Wal-Mart have on local communities in the Ninth District?
Conventional wisdom suggests that Wal-Mart's economic influence is
significant and obvious. If that's indeed the case, then we should see
palpable change in measures commonly used as proxies for community
health—things like jobs, firms, income, population and poverty.

So the fedgazette looked at 40 small counties in the district that saw
Wal-Mart come to town between 1986 and 2003 and compared them with 49
similarly sized non-Wal-Mart counties in the district (see methodology).
The fedgazette then looked at these familiar benchmarks—jobs, firms,
population, income and poverty—from 1985 to 2005 to see if Wal-Mart
counties performed differently than non-Wal-Mart counties.

Readers should understand that all results come with a host of caveats
(again, see methodology for examples). The point of this research is not
to offer the last word on whether Wal-Mart is helpful or harmful—it is
clearly both, though which it is depends on the circumstances. In fact,
in this matter Wal-Mart is no different from any new business—large or
small—coming to town and competing with incumbent businesses for finite
spending in a community. Wal-Mart just competes for a larger share of
it, and within a bigger geographic area. As a result, the hope of this
research is to better frame the friend-or-foe debate over Wal-Mart.

Given the terror that Wal-Mart is purported to inflict on communities,
the fedgazette's findings of the firm's economic influence are almost
mundane. Despite its kill-them-all reputation, Wal-Mart is not the
threat that many fear, at least in terms of economic benchmarks commonly
associated with healthy, growing communities.

For example, Wal-Mart is widely believed to destroy local firms and jobs
and to have a dampening effect on wages. But fedgazette findings suggest
the opposite: Firm growth, employment and total earnings were somewhat
stronger in Wal-Mart counties and, in some cases, even in the retail
sector. The research does suggest that retail earnings per job fell in
virtually all counties studied. But they actually fell by less in
Wal-Mart counties.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/24/2015 7:45 AM, wrote:
> On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 10:35:42 AM UTC-7, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> The Cook wrote:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

>>> A Google search for"ice cube tray made in USA" turned up several. Some
>>> metal and some plastic.

>> It's an ice cube tray, at this point what difference does it make
>> where it was made, and how would anyone know by looking at it... Ice
>> cube trays don't have country of origin molded into them, only the
>> packaging would say and nine times out of ten that's only where the
>> packaging was made.

> Imports are largely crap. I cried when I saw what the current Rubbermaid
> version of the dish drainer they have sold since the 1960s is like. The
> wire is only 2/3 the diameter.
>
> Only imports need be marked with country of origin. Anything with a
> molded label would also have to be marked China or Taiwan.

You can buy high-end stuff that won't be crap. There's no guarantee that
it won't be made in China or God knows where else though. The AMD
microprocessors I buy are mostly made in Indonesia. They work just
spiffy and I love them!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 13:50:17 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

**** off Sock Puppet!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 13:50:17 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:
>
> **** off Sock Puppet!!
>
> John Kuthe...

I'm going to ride you like the k00ksstuff nag you are, you oat-belly mofo!

http://fee.org/freeman/wal-mart-is-g...r-the-economy/

Wal-Mart and Small Communities

The claim that Wal-Mart “disregards the concerns of small communities”
is also contradicted by the evidence. If Wal-Mart’s stores were not in
tune with the concerns of shoppers in small communities, the stores
wouldn’t make a profit and would eventually shut down. If Wal-Mart’s
stores were not in tune with the concerns of job seekers in those
communities, the stores wouldn’t be able to staff their operations. The
concerns that Wal-Mart rightly disregards are those of local businesses
that would prefer not to have to deal with new competition. The absence
of rigorous competition leads to high prices in many small communities.
While this may be good for the profit margins of established businesses,
it is not necessarily a condition to be preferred over the benefits for
the majority of the inhabitants of the community that result from robust
competition.

Wal-Mart runs the largest corporate cash-giving foundation in America.
In 2004 Wal-Mart donated over $170 million. More than 90 percent of
these donations went to charities in the communities served by Wal-Mart
stores.7

From an economic perspective, when all the claims are dispassionately
evaluated it looks like Wal-Mart promotes prosperity. The company is
helping consumers get more for their money. It is providing jobs for
willing employees. It is stimulating its suppliers to achieve greater
economies in manufacturing. It is encouraging trade with less-developed
economies, helping the inhabitants of Third World nations to improve
their standards of living. Far from “disregarding the concerns of small
communities,” Wal-Mart offers an appealing place to shop and work.

Wal-Mart is doing all these good things and making a profit of around $9
billion a year.This is a profit margin of less than 4 percent.That’s
mighty efficient. To call Wal-Mart a “corporate criminal” is slander.
Wal-Mart is a model of how successful capitalism is supposed to work. It
is a company that should be emulated, not reviled.

http://business.time.com/2012/06/04/...oming-to-town/

Homeowners, local chambers of commerce, and town planners alike all have
some assumptions about Walmart. It’s often assumed that when a new
Walmart opens in town, it’ll kill small businesses and may even hurt the
local real estate market. But researchers say the effects of Walmart on
a surrounding town are sometimes surprising: The numbers indicate that
the presence of the big-box retailer may actually be good for home
values and some small businesses—though not so good for waistlines.

In a new paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research,
Devin Pope and Jaren Pope, economists from the University of Chicago and
Brigham Young University, respectively, investigated what the
introduction of a Walmart store did to nearby home values in communities
around the U.S. After analyzing 600,000 home purchases between 2001 and
2006 in the vicinity of 159 new Walmarts, they found that homes located
within half a mile of the Walmart rose in value 2% to 3% more relative
to homes that weren’t close to the mammoth retailer. Homes located
between .5-mile and one mile from Walmart also saw a boost in value,
though it tended to be slightly smaller, with prices increasing 1% to 2%.

But the study also revealed that many other businesses were given a
boost by the presence of Walmart. A CBS News story about the research noted:

Those selling products and, especially, services that Walmart doesn’t
will tend to do well. Again, because shoppers arrive near Walmart ready
to spend, they tend to leave their money with whomever nearby is selling
what they want.
Researchers noted that over time—often, a LONG period of time—the
storefronts shuttered as a result of an inability to compete with
Walmart tend to eventually be occupied by restaurants, boutique
retailers, professional offices, and other services and businesses that
do not try to compete with Walmart.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 14:08:07 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

Watch how I IGNORE the **** out of you!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 14:08:07 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

> Watch how I IGNORE the **** out of you!
>
> John Kuthe...

Watch how I stomp all over you, lol!

[...]

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:51:50 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 14:08:07 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

>> Watch how I IGNORE the **** out of you!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

>Watch how I stomp all over you, lol!

If you weren't a HS drop out you'd have thought to say:
"Watch how I **** the ignore out of you. LOL-LOL!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Oct 2015 08:51:50 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:
>
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>> On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 14:08:07 -0600, Villanueva > wrote:

>>> Watch how I IGNORE the **** out of you!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> Watch how I stomp all over you, lol!

> If you weren't a HS drop out you'd have thought to say:
> "Watch how I **** the ignore out of you. LOL-LOL!

That has a certain tilted flair.