Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wow! An American made cheese grater for $74.99!!

https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater

Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>
> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>
> John Kuthe...

And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!! YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:16:08 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
> >
> > Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!! YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
"American".

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 8:13:35 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>
> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!

Is this a branch of The Onion?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>
> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!

I'd have to be grating a hell of a lot of cheese to spend that on a
grater. Get real, John.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
> > https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
> >
> > Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!! YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)

I use a cheap cheese grater - stainless steel. Cost me less than $10
many years ago. Works fine. Go ahead and be an idiot - buy the $165
one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:40:05 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>
>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!

>I'd have to be grating a hell of a lot of cheese to spend that on a
>grater. Get real, John.

"That grater? Your Great, Great Aunt Rose probably grated cheese for
her famous chicken gizzard casserole with it."

It's second hand too.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 8:13:35 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:

https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater

>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>

> Is this a branch of The Onion?

It's where old Mommy-Vans go to die...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>>
>>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!! YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)

> I use a cheap cheese grater - stainless steel. Cost me less than $10
> many years ago. Works fine. Go ahead and be an idiot - buy the $165
> one.

Top dollar for a freaking cheese grater and Craigslist for a van, go
figger...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 11:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>
>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!! YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

That is if you want a bottle of polish with it. Otherwise, $124.99

I wonder how it compares with this one for $5.99
http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tabl...XLcaAu238P8HAQ

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 2:05 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 25-Nov-2015, sf > wrote:
>

>> If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
>> workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
>> "American".

> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living in a
> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the manufacturing
> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
> competitiveness ;-)

Have you looked at other products? Nice stuff, but rather pricy.
https://www.jacobbromwell.com/shop-by-product

I'm not ready to spend $200 for a dog dish or $124 for a tin cup, but
others don't seem as bad. I'm willing to pay a good price for quality
products, but some of this stuff is too high for me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 10:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>
> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>
> John Kuthe...

Ouch! That looks just like the one I have in my kitchen, and the one my
mother had years ago. They only cost a couple of dollars and lasted
forever. Of course, they're not stainless steel!

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>
> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!

And fer "ewe" it could mebbe double as a dildoe...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 1:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 2:05 PM, l not -l wrote:
>> On 25-Nov-2015, sf > wrote:
>>

>>> If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
>>> workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
>>> "American".

>> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living
>> in a
>> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the
>> manufacturing
>> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
>> competitiveness ;-)
>>

> Have you looked at other products? Nice stuff, but rather pricy.
> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/shop-by-product
>
> I'm not ready to spend $200 for a dog dish or $124 for a tin cup, but
> others don't seem as bad. I'm willing to pay a good price for quality
> products, but some of this stuff is too high for me.

The "legendary colander" looks just like the one I have. I really like
it, but not for $199.99. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond several
years ago. It is stainless steel and cost a "few" dollars (don't
remember exactly what I paid for it).

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 11/25/2015 11:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>>
>>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a
>>> "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!!
>> YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At
>> least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> That is if you want a bottle of polish with it. Otherwise, $124.99
>
> I wonder how it compares with this one for $5.99
> http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tabl...XLcaAu238P8HAQ

I have grating attachments for my electric mincer. I've had that for years
now and it still works great.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 11:35:35 AM UTC-6, sf wrote:
> If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
> workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
> "American".

And I have been! $60 lawn chairs, %50 sheepskin leather steering wheel cover, etc.

Beats sending $$ to CHINA!!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 12:45:50 PM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> I use a cheap cheese grater - stainless steel. Cost me less than $10
> many years ago. Works fine. Go ahead and be an idiot - buy the $165
> one.

Probably cheap Chinese JUNK! :-(

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 1:30:04 PM UTC-6, MaryL wrote:
> The "legendary colander" looks just like the one I have. I really like
> it, but not for $199.99. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond several
> years ago. It is stainless steel and cost a "few" dollars (don't
> remember exactly what I paid for it).
>
> MaryL

Bed Bath an CHINA is definitely Cheap Chinese JUNK!!! :-(

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

Default Wow! An Armenian made cheese grater for $74.99!!

On 11/25/2015 9:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>
> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>
> John Kuthe...

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

Default Wow! An American made waste of money for $74.99!!

On 11/25/2015 9:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>
>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!! YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

On 11/25/2015 12:47 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!!
>>> YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!!
>>> At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...
>>>

>> That is if you want a bottle of polish with it. Otherwise, $124.99
>>
>> I wonder how it compares with this one for $5.99
>> http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tabl...XLcaAu238P8HAQ
>>

> I have grating attachments for my electric mincer. I've had that for
> years now and it still works great.

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

On 11/25/2015 12:29 PM, Gregory Morrow wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>
>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>

> And fer "ewe" it could mebbe double as a dildoe...

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

On 11/25/2015 12:30 PM, MaryL wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 1:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living
>>> in a
>>> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the
>>> manufacturing
>>> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
>>> competitiveness ;-)
>>>

>> Have you looked at other products? Nice stuff, but rather pricy.
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/shop-by-product
>>
>> I'm not ready to spend $200 for a dog dish or $124 for a tin cup, but
>> others don't seem as bad. I'm willing to pay a good price for quality
>> products, but some of this stuff is too high for me.

> The "legendary colander" looks just like the one I have. I really like
> it, but not for $199.99. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond several
> years ago. It is stainless steel and cost a "few" dollars (don't
> remember exactly what I paid for it).
>
> MaryL

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

On 11/25/2015 12:17 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 2:05 PM, l not -l wrote:
>> On 25-Nov-2015, sf > wrote:
>>

>>> If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
>>> workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
>>> "American".

>> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living
>> in a
>> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the
>> manufacturing
>> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
>> competitiveness ;-)
>>

> Have you looked at other products? Nice stuff, but rather pricy.
> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/shop-by-product
>
> I'm not ready to spend $200 for a dog dish or $124 for a tin cup, but
> others don't seem as bad. I'm willing to pay a good price for quality
> products, but some of this stuff is too high for me.

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

Default Wow! An American made cheese grater for $674.99!!

On 11/25/2015 12:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 11:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>>
>>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a
>>> "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!!
>> YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!!
>> At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> That is if you want a bottle of polish with it. Otherwise, $124.99
>
> I wonder how it compares with this one for $5.99
> http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tabl...XLcaAu238P8HAQ

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

Default Wow! An American made meds grater for $74.99!!

On 11/25/2015 12:05 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 25-Nov-2015, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:16:08 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!!
>>> YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At
>>> least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
>> workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
>> "American".

> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living in a
> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the manufacturing
> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
> competitiveness ;-)

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,ba.food

On 11/25/2015 12:26 PM, MaryL wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 10:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>
>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a
>> "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> Ouch! That looks just like the one I have in my kitchen, and the one my
> mother had years ago. They only cost a couple of dollars and lasted
> forever. Of course, they're not stainless steel!
>
> MaryL

"My mental health professional has directed me to apologize to this
group at large and to Marty and Steven in specific for acting out
here. A change in my medications is being made to address a disorder I
have been experiencing this summer. I will be monitored, but I am no
longer allowed to engage in certain activities I previously have
enjoyed as they exacerbate my condition. I apologize for being
disruptive, in a better state of mind this was generally not an issue
for me."

Casa Boner, Fri, 20 Sep 2013 18:37:53 -0600
--
Barbara J Llorente 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.
Age 65 (Born 1950) (415) 239-7248. Background Check - Available. Record

ID: 47846596.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 2:01 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 11:16 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 10:13:35 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>>
>>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a
>>> "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!!
>> YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!!
>> At least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> That is if you want a bottle of polish with it. Otherwise, $124.99
>
> I wonder how it compares with this one for $5.99
> http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tabl...XLcaAu238P8HAQ

There ya go, Ed. The $5.59 grater looks like the one my mom had. I'm
sure it did exactly the same thing the $75 box grater does. A fool and
his money are soon parted.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 6:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>
> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>
> John Kuthe...

You're really into graters!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 8:38 AM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 8:13:35 AM UTC-8, John Kuthe wrote:

https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater

>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>

> Is this a branch of The Onion?

This is what happens when the schools no longer teach home economics. I
blame our educational system.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, MaryL > wrote:

>On 11/25/2015 10:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater

>Ouch! That looks just like the one I have in my kitchen, and the one my
>mother had years ago. They only cost a couple of dollars and lasted
>forever. Of course, they're not stainless steel!

If high carbon steel they will stay sharp longer than stainless steel.

The site has "original tin." I guess this means tin plate.

What I got a kick out of was "made in America by red-blooded American
workers." As if workers in other countries don't have red blood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 9:05 AM, l not -l wrote:
> On 25-Nov-2015, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:16:08 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
>> > wrote:

>>> And $164.99 if you want upgrades to a polished stainless steel one!!
>>> YOW!!! For a cheese grater!! Must make the best grated cheese ever!! At
>>> least it comes with a lifetime guarantee!! :-)
>>>
>>> John Kuthe...

>> If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
>> workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
>> "American".

> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living in a
> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the manufacturing
> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
> competitiveness ;-)

Americans used to use child labor and they've dirtied our air and water
- they still do. OTOH, being smug and feeling superior feels good, don't
it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 6:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>
>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a
>> "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> You're really into graters!

I think they grate on him ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Don Wiss wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015, MaryL > wrote:
>
>> On 11/25/2015 10:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater

>> Ouch! That looks just like the one I have in my kitchen, and the one my
>> mother had years ago. They only cost a couple of dollars and lasted
>> forever. Of course, they're not stainless steel!

> If high carbon steel they will stay sharp longer than stainless steel.
>
> The site has "original tin." I guess this means tin plate.
>
> What I got a kick out of was "made in America by red-blooded American
> workers." As if workers in other countries don't have red blood.

Advertising hyperbole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 9:05 AM, l not -l wrote:
>> On 25-Nov-2015, sf > wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 08:16:08 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe

>>> If you want to buy American, you need to be prepared to pay American
>>> workers a decent wage and of course the company is capitalizing on
>>> "American".

>> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living
>> in a
>> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the
>> manufacturing
>> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
>> competitiveness ;-)
>>

> Americans used to use child labor and they've dirtied our air and water
> - they still do. OTOH, being smug and feeling superior feels good, don't
> it?

It's the new morality, high ground without the work to get there!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 9:26 AM, MaryL wrote:
> On 11/25/2015 10:13 AM, John Kuthe wrote:
>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>
>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a
>> "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!
>>
>> John Kuthe...
>>

> Ouch! That looks just like the one I have in my kitchen, and the one my
> mother had years ago. They only cost a couple of dollars and lasted
> forever. Of course, they're not stainless steel!
>
> MaryL

I hate those cheap graters. They're a bitch to use and if you don't have
a dishwasher, you're gonna need one to get those filthy things clean.

If I wanted to blow a wad of dough on a grater/slicer, it would have
slides and an assortment of sharp blades. The whole thing would be
stainless and beautiful. It wouldn't be made in China or America but
France or Italy - you know, one of them places with real class.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 1:51 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Nov 2015 13:40:05 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>>
>>> https://www.jacobbromwell.com/world-famous-grater
>>>
>>> Maybe after The Holidaze! And the financial shock of having to buy a "new" car and a new backup computer wears off!!

>> I'd have to be grating a hell of a lot of cheese to spend that on a
>> grater. Get real, John.

> "That grater? Your Great, Great Aunt Rose probably grated cheese for
> her famous chicken gizzard casserole with it."
>
> It's second hand too.

I don't see where it says it is second hand. It's certainly at least a
century old in design and not worth $75.00.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/25/2015 10:58 AM, Hidalgo wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

>>> And, most likely, the workers who make it aren't 12 year-olds, living
>>> in a
>>> factory dormitory. Oh, and the water, and air emitted by the
>>> manufacturing
>>> process must be cleaned up. Darned pesky regulations ruined America's
>>> competitiveness ;-)
>>>

>> Americans used to use child labor and they've dirtied our air and water
>> - they still do. OTOH, being smug and feeling superior feels good, don't
>> it?

> It's the new morality, high ground without the work to get there!

Oh, it's a tough gig alright! OTOH, if your mama raised you right, it's
gonna be the easiest thing in the world.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-11-25, dsi1 > wrote:

> if you don't have a dishwasher, you're gonna need one to get those
> filthy things clean.

Nonsense. I clean mine in the sink in about 10-20 secs.

> stainless and beautiful. It wouldn't be made in China or America but
> France or Italy.

I got a $150 commercial French mandoline fer about $30 on ebay (used).
I still use my cheapo grater, more often.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 25, 2015 at 2:37:49 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> There ya go, Ed. The $5.59 grater looks like the one my mom had. I'm
> sure it did exactly the same thing the $75 box grater does. A fool and
> his money are soon parted.
>
> Jill

A fool and her money are soon parted and her money sent to CHINA!!

Not MY money!! If I can at all help it!!

John Kuthe...