Old 24-10-2015, 06:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Ping Kuthe American made ice cube trays

On 10/23/2015 1:37 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
"l not -l" wrote:

Spotted on today's shopping trip Rubbermaid ice cube trays Made in USA, on
a (top) shelf right next to Good something trays Made in China. Seen at
Schnuck's Kirkwood location.

The four ice cube trays that came with my GE Profile fridge say Made
in Hong Kong, they've been used well over 18 years now and produced
cubes that have chilled an unfathomable volume of Crystal Palace, etc.
Rubbermaid prducts are no longer made in the US, not for a long time
now, like about ten years... I used to like Rubbermaid products a lot
but for many years now they are functional but not as good. I find
nothing wrong with products produced in the Orient, most are better
made than those produced in the US these days... they have far better
skilled workers in the Orient now. The skilled workers in the US are
now mostly over 70 years old, when they retire or die there are no
more. Remember my words, no society can survive without toolmakers
and the US has pathetically few remaining. Unless the US begins to
have skilled trades apprenticeship programs very soon there won't be
any US, I'd say ten years and it's all over, I kid you not... now
everyone is driving a desk or on welfare... can't win a war with a
society what can't even produce pencil sharpeners for it's desk
jockeys... when was the last time yoose used a pen produced in the US?
Nowadays no US pen is mightier than anyone's sword.

You don't have a clue, do you. You're an asshole who thinks his shit
doesn't stink.
--
Barbara J Llorente, 71 Cerritos Ave San Francisco, CA 94127.

Wow! An American made cheese grater for $74.99!! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 366 30-11-2015 06:41 PM
ping Kuthe Janet General Cooking 1 09-11-2015 05:23 PM
American made ice cube trays [email protected] General Cooking 31 25-10-2015 05:43 PM
Ping: John Kuthe JeanineAlyse General Cooking 1 25-06-2012 10:09 PM
Law that says American flags have to be made in America Terry[_1_] General Cooking 24 10-07-2007 05:48 AM