Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default BLACK olives

are gud
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I like green olives on pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-14 00:46:32 +0000, said:

> I like green olives on pizza.

Me too--and I so rarely find them outside my home. I practically love
green olives (or most others) on anything. Ever tried Boscoli Olive
Salad? I *love* this stuff:

https://www.boscoli.com/node/36

This is what they used on the original muffaletta. I add it to the
tomato-sauce and ajvar in pizza sauce. Sometimes I just sprinkle it on
top instead. For a while there was putting it on sandwiches, in eggs;
just about everywhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2015 8:15 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I've been using this stuff on my pizzas

Mayo?

You profane culinary dilettante, ESAD!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:15:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 18:30:17 -0700, gtr wrote:
>
>> On 2015-09-14 00:46:32 +0000, said:
>>
>>> I like green olives on pizza.

>> Me too--and I so rarely find them outside my home. I practically love
>> green olives (or most others) on anything. Ever tried Boscoli Olive
>> Salad? I *love* this stuff:

https://www.boscoli.com/node/36

>> This is what they used on the original muffaletta. I add it to the
>> tomato-sauce and ajvar in pizza sauce. Sometimes I just sprinkle it on
>> top instead. For a while there was putting it on sandwiches, in eggs;
>> just about everywhere.

>I've been using this stuff on my pizzas (with sausage and garlic) and
>Italian sandwiches/hoagies:
>
>https://www.formellagourmet.com/prod...roductID_E_132
>
>Tuesday Morning seems to carry it regularly for $2.99 - at least for
>the last 6 months or so. Finding giardinera around here is pretty
>difficult. The Mezzetta stuff isn't what I consider giardinera. This
>Enrico stuff is packed in oil unlike those fake ones packed in vinegar
>and water.
>
>The Boscoli stuff is prohibitively expensive. It's mostly olives so
>I've never had much use for it.
>
>-sw

Pricey!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-09-14 02:15:00 +0000, Sqwertz said:

> On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 18:30:17 -0700, gtr wrote:
>
>> On 2015-09-14 00:46:32 +0000, said:
>>
>>> I like green olives on pizza.

>> Me too--and I so rarely find them outside my home. I practically love
>> green olives (or most others) on anything. Ever tried Boscoli Olive
>> Salad? I *love* this stuff:

https://www.boscoli.com/node/36

>> This is what they used on the original muffaletta. I add it to the
>> tomato-sauce and ajvar in pizza sauce. Sometimes I just sprinkle it on
>> top instead. For a while there was putting it on sandwiches, in eggs;
>> just about everywhere.

> I've been using this stuff on my pizzas (with sausage and garlic) and
> Italian sandwiches/hoagies:
>
> https://www.formellagourmet.com/prod...roductID_E_132

I know it's not exactly the same thing but it's *vastly* chearp than
the Boscoli which is either way overpriced or way marked up at my local
Italian Deli.

> Tuesday Morning seems to carry it regularly for $2.99 - at least for
> the last 6 months or so. Finding giardinera around here is pretty
> difficult. The Mezzetta stuff isn't what I consider giardinera. This
> Enrico stuff is packed in oil unlike those fake ones packed in vinegar
> and water.
>
> The Boscoli stuff is prohibitively expensive. It's mostly olives so
> I've never had much use for it.

It's mostly olives so that's *why* I love it! I like the Mezzetta
stuff for a little texture and a little zip in pasta sauce and other
random uses, but no, it's not what I think of as giadinera. It's just
some pickled cauliflower, for the most part. I have a big (albeit
overpriced) jug of Boscoli giardinera, I've yet to open. I really do
love everything I've tried by Boscoli, but damn their pricing is a
total pain in the ass. I can't really rationalize it.