Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "15 Disgusting Foods Your Grandparents Probably Loved"

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>> I thought the food of the 50's, 60's and 70's was quite good actually, I
>> still like many of them.

> Me too. But I am not big into Jell-O.

I like Jell-O with lots of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit, nuts, etc.
I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not my favorite.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 5:14 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> I thought the food of the 50's, 60's and 70's was quite good
>>> actually, I still like many of them.

>> Me too. But I am not big into Jell-O.

> I like Jell-O with lots of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit, nuts,
> etc. I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not my
> favorite.
>
> Cheri

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> I thought the food of the 50's, 60's and 70's was quite good actually, I
>>> still like many of them.

>> Me too. But I am not big into Jell-O.

> I like Jell-O with lots of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit, nuts,
> etc. I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not my
> favorite.

I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am eating
low carb)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 6:04 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> I now eat jelly with soy cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
> eating low carb)

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Me too. But I am not big into Jell-O.

>> I like Jell-O with lots of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit, nuts,
>> etc. I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not my
>> favorite.

> I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
> eating low carb)

It works. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 6:36 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
> newss of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit,
>>> nuts, etc. I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not
>>> my favorite.

>> I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
>> eating low carb)

> It don't work. :-)
>
> Cheri

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I like Jell-O with lots of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit, nuts,
>>> etc. I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not my
>>> favorite.

>> I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
>> eating low carb)

> It works. :-)

YUM )))))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 7:03 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Cheri" <cheri> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
>>> eating low carb)

>> It works. :-)

> YUCK (((((((

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Me too. But I am not big into Jell-O.

>> I like Jell-O with lots of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit, nuts,
>> etc. I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not my
>> favorite.

> I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
> eating low carb)

I can't stand the stuff. I tried to force it down when I was doing the
colonoscopy prep because I was getting low blood sugar. But the regular
stuff was so sweet, I had to spit it out and rinse my mouth out. I don't
mind the sugar free kind although it would never be something I would seek
out. But sugar free does no good for low blood sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 12:41 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
it it out and rinse my mouth out. I
> don't mind the sugar free kind although it would never be something I
> would seek out. But sugar free does no good for low blood sugar.

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I like Jell-O with lots of stuff in it best, like lots of fruit, nuts,
>>> etc. I do eat the sugar free once in awhile just plain, but not my
>>> favorite.

>> I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
>> eating low carb)

> I can't stand the stuff. I tried to force it down when I was doing the
> colonoscopy prep because I was getting low blood sugar. But the regular
> stuff was so sweet, I had to spit it out and rinse my mouth out. I don't
> mind the sugar free kind although it would never be something I would seek
> out. But sugar free does no good for low blood sugar.

Mine is sugar free but I eat it for the sweetness.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> I now eat jelly with double cream every day as a sweet kick now I am
>>> eating low carb)

>> I can't stand the stuff. I tried to force it down when I was doing the
>> colonoscopy prep because I was getting low blood sugar. But the regular
>> stuff was so sweet, I had to spit it out and rinse my mouth out. I don't
>> mind the sugar free kind although it would never be something I would
>> seek out. But sugar free does no good for low blood sugar.

> Mine is sugar free but I eat it for the sweetness.

That's not bad, although I can certainly live without it. I can only eat
the made up stuff though. For some reason, the kind you make at home has
corn in it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 08:57:54 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:

>>> I can't stand the stuff. I tried to force it down when I was doing the
>>> colonoscopy prep because I was getting low blood sugar. But the regular
>>> stuff was so sweet, I had to spit it out and rinse my mouth out. I
>>> don't
>>> mind the sugar free kind although it would never be something I would
>>> seek
>>> out. But sugar free does no good for low blood sugar.

>>Mine is sugar free but I eat it for the sweetness.

> Are you saying you're stubborn and you keep trying?

What? To make me sweet?? heh If that is what you are getting at I am
much less sweeter than I used to be. This place makes you like that)))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I can't stand the stuff. I tried to force it down when I was doing the
>>> colonoscopy prep because I was getting low blood sugar. But the regular
>>> stuff was so sweet, I had to spit it out and rinse my mouth out. I
>>> don't mind the sugar free kind although it would never be something I
>>> would seek out. But sugar free does no good for low blood sugar.

>> Mine is sugar free but I eat it for the sweetness.

> That's not bad, although I can certainly live without it. I can only eat
> the made up stuff though. For some reason, the kind you make at home has
> corn in it.

I make mine up at home but not sure what you mean about corn! Just checked
the ingredients and nope! No corn!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 11:00:36 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Are you saying you're stubborn and you keep trying?

>>What? To make me sweet?? heh If that is what you are getting at I am
>>much less sweeter than I used to be. This place makes you like that)))

> No, I thought you were trying to get sweetness from a sugar free
> product

Ahhh got it now)))) duhhh

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> What? To make me sweet?? heh If that is what you are getting at I am
> much less sweeter than I used to be. This place makes you like that)))

I've noticed that lately. :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I am much less sweet than I was when I was younger. Age does that, too, because
I just don't have as much patience with fools.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> What? To make me sweet?? heh If that is what you are getting at I am
>> much less sweeter than I used to be. This place makes you like that)))

> I've noticed that lately. :-D

Aye, but are you surprised?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> I am much less sweet than I was when I was younger. Age does that, too,
> because
> I just don't have as much patience with fools.

I totally agree!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-08-25 8:10 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> I am much less sweet than I was when I was younger. Age does that, too, because
> I just don't have as much patience with fools.

I will use that excuse too. The other day I was in a large store.
There was a woman with two teenagers and she was pushing a cart. She was
looking at something on one side of the aisle. As I was about to walk
past her she suddenly shoved her cart across the aisle right in front of
me. I had to dodge it. I said "Excuse me, you just shoved that cart
right in front of me". She started screeching at me that I should watch
where I am walking. That was ironic. I was watching where I was
walking. If I hadn't been I would have been rammed by the cart.
Apparently her carelessness is somehow my fault.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 6:09 PM, Bruce wrote:

> Are you saying you're stubborn and you keep trying?

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 8:37 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 11:00:36 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Bruce" > wrote in message

>>> Are you saying you're stubborn and you keep trying?

>> What? To make me sweet?? heh If that is what you are getting at I am
>> much less sweeter than I used to be. This place makes you like that)))

> No, I thought you were trying to get sweetness from a sugar free
> product

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 10:10 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> I am much less sweet than I was when I was younger. Age does that, too, because
> I just don't have as much patience with fools.
>
> N.

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 7:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelan certainly live without it. I can only
> eat the made up stuff though. For some reason, the kind you make at
> home has corn in it.

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/25/2015 11:01 PM, Ophelia wrote: