Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "15 Disgusting Foods Your Grandparents Probably Loved"

I'm with you, Cheri, who is to say what is disgusting and what is not...it is all
in the taste of the person eating.

And to say children of the 50s, 60s, and 70s were actually forced to eat disgusting
foods is one of the most inaccurate generalizations I have ever seen.

Whatever, I, too, am glad I haven't run across the foods on the list. I don't eat offal,
no matter how good someone says it is. But I am older than dirt, and can do what
I want.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> But I am older than dirt, and can do what I want.

Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 8:48 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
>> But I am older than dirt, and can do what I want.

> Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
> records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D

Wouldn't it be funny if, when you hit 105, you were invited to the White
House?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 8/23/2015 8:48 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Nancy2 wrote:
> >> But I am older than dirt, and can do what I want.

> > Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
> > records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D
> >

> Wouldn't it be funny if, when you hit 105, you were invited to the White
> House?

And I would show up too...without correcting their mistake beforehand.
lol.

I was surprised when I got the mistaken age 102 birthday greeting. I
received it a month late. You would think they would have sent that on
time for my birthday....another month and I could have died by then.

:-D

note to others, in case you missed it 2 years ago - when I turned age
60 (2 years ago) my mom requested a birthday greeting from the White
House. They mistook my apartment number (102) for my age. The entire
greeting was about achieving age 102 and how my generation shaped our
country. The letter is a keeper only because of their mistake.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
>>> records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D
>>>

>> Wouldn't it be funny if, when you hit 105, you were invited to the White
>> House?

> And I would show up too...without correcting their mistake beforehand.
> lol.

Naturally. They'd hail you as the youngest looking 105 year old ever!

> I was surprised when I got the mistaken age 102 birthday greeting. I
> received it a month late. You would think they would have sent that on
> time for my birthday....another month and I could have died by then.
>
> :-D
>
> note to others, in case you missed it 2 years ago - when I turned age
> 60 (2 years ago) my mom requested a birthday greeting from the White
> House. They mistook my apartment number (102) for my age. The entire
> greeting was about achieving age 102 and how my generation shaped our
> country. The letter is a keeper only because of their mistake.

Yep, that was fun! Must have been quite a surprise when you got that
letter.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 10:25 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/23/2015 9:42 AM, Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Wouldn't it be funny if, when you hit 105, you were invited to the White
>>> House?

>> And I would show up too...without correcting their mistake beforehand.
>> lol.
>>

> Naturally. They'd hail you as the youngest looking 105 year old ever!
>
>> I was surprised when I got the mistaken age 102 birthday greeting. I
>> received it a month late. You would think they would have sent that on
>> time for my birthday....another month and I could have died by then.
>>
>> :-D
>>
>> note to others, in case you missed it 2 years ago - when I turned age
>> 60 (2 years ago) my mom requested a birthday greeting from the White
>> House. They mistook my apartment number (102) for my age. The entire
>> greeting was about achieving age 102 and how my generation shaped our
>> country. The letter is a keeper only because of their mistake.
>>

> Yep, that was fun! Must have been quite a surprise when you got that
> letter.
>
> Jill

By the way, did they know it was your mother who requested the birthday
greeting? I wonder how old they thought *she* was? LOLOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 7:21 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 8/23/2015 8:48 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Nancy2 wrote:
>>> But I am older than dirt, and can do what I want.

>> Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
>> records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D
>>

> Wouldn't it be funny if, when you hit 105, you were invited to the White
> House?
>
> Jill

To see the Obamessiah destroy the last of our Republic?

Yeah. funny.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 11:51:25 AM UTC-5, Playa wrote:
> On 8/23/2015 7:21 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
> >> records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D
> >>

> > Wouldn't it be funny if, when you hit 105, you were invited to the White
> > House?
> >
> > Jill

> To see the Obamessiah destroy the last of our Republic?

Just wait, when Bernie is president you'll miss the Obamoderate.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 11:52 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> On Sunday, August 23, 2015 at 11:51:25 AM UTC-5, Playa wrote:

>>> Wouldn't it be funny if, when you hit 105, you were invited to the White
>>> House?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> To see the Obamessiah destroy the last of our Republic?
>>

> Just wait, when Bernie is president you'll miss the Obamoderate.
>
> --Bryan

When Amerika has been destroyed you will be found and vivisected.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> I'm with you, Cheri, who is to say what is disgusting and what is not...it
> is all
> in the taste of the person eating.
>
> And to say children of the 50s, 60s, and 70s were actually forced to eat
> disgusting
> foods is one of the most inaccurate generalizations I have ever seen.
>
> Whatever, I, too, am glad I haven't run across the foods on the list. I
> don't eat offal,
> no matter how good someone says it is. But I am older than dirt, and can
> do what
> I want.
>
> N.

There ya go Nancy, I do what I want as well. :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 1:15 PM, Cheri wrote:

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> I'm with you, Cheri, who is to say what is disgusting and what is
>> not...it is all
>> in the taste of the person eating.
>>
>> And to say children of the 50s, 60s, and 70s were actually forced to
>> eat disgusting
>> foods is one of the most inaccurate generalizations I have ever seen.
>>
>> Whatever, I, too, am glad I haven't run across the foods on the list.
>> I don't eat offal,
>> no matter how good someone says it is. But I am older than dirt, and
>> can do what
>> I want.
>>
>> N.

> There ya go Nancy, I do what I want as well. :-)
>
> Cheri

Ya'll are rebels for sure!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 5:15 AM, Cheri wrote:

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> I'm with you, Cheri, who is to say what is disgusting and what is
>> not...it is all
>> in the taste of the person eating.
>>
>> And to say children of the 50s, 60s, and 70s were actually forced to
>> eat disgusting
>> foods is one of the most inaccurate generalizations I have ever seen.
>>
>> Whatever, I, too, am glad I haven't run across the foods on the list.
>> I don't eat offal,
>> no matter how good someone says it is. But I am older than dirt, and
>> can do what
>> I want.
>>
>> N.

> There ya go Nancy, I do what I want as well. :-)
>
> Cheri

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/23/2015 10:26 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 05:23:31 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>> I'm with you, Cheri, who is to say what is disgusting and what is not...it is all
>> in the taste of the person eating.
>>
>> And to say children of the 50s, 60s, and 70s were actually forced to eat disgusting
>> foods is one of the most inaccurate generalizations I have ever seen.
>>
>> Whatever, I, too, am glad I haven't run across the foods on the list. I don't eat offal,
>> no matter how good someone says it is. But I am older than dirt, and can do what
>> I want.

> If it didn't sound so close to awful, many more people would eat it.

Mmmm hmmm...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Nancy2" > wrote in message
>> I'm with you, Cheri, who is to say what is disgusting and what is
>> not...it is all
>> in the taste of the person eating.
>>
>> And to say children of the 50s, 60s, and 70s were actually forced to eat
>> disgusting
>> foods is one of the most inaccurate generalizations I have ever seen.
>>
>> Whatever, I, too, am glad I haven't run across the foods on the list. I
>> don't eat offal,
>> no matter how good someone says it is. But I am older than dirt, and can
>> do what
>> I want.
>>
>> N.

> There ya go Nancy, I do what I want as well. :-)

And I Do Too!!! )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 3:52 AM, MisterDiddyWahDiddy wrote:
> Just wait, when Bernie is president you'll miss the Obamoderate.
>
> --Bryan

Ayup...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 6:04 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>> There ya go Nancy, I do what I want as well. :-)

> And I Do Too!!! )

Ayup...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary...and you also do what you want, right? LOL.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default "15 Disgusting Pervesions Your Grandparents Probably Loved"

On 8/24/2015 8:18 AM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Gary...and you also do what you want, right? LOL.

Mmmm hmmm...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> But I am older than dirt, and can do what I want.

Gary:
> Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
> records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D

Nancy2:
> Gary...and you also do what you want, right? LOL.
>
> N.

Even at age 62, I still can't do ALL what I want at any time. Just
talking about my personal life (not work), I've always had to yield to
a female's needs. heheh Starting out with MOM when I was a kid, then
girlfriends that came and went (but I always had one). Then the wife,
and then when she left, I had a daughter to raise and cater to her
growing up needs and more girlfriends during those times too.

Then daughter grew up and tried to take over my life telling me what I
should do. That was a little too early...she can do that when I get
really old but not now.

Even now, I've got a "girl" ruling some of my life. It's the little
furry one. She's way old and has special needs now which I gladly
provide. But taking care of her in her old years keeps me from doing
what I might do without her. Even this current "girl" has me wrapped
around her little paw. She has to be hand fed several times a day and
she always wants to be by my side so I make that happen whenever I'm
at home.

I'm not complaining though. I'll baby her until the end. After that, I
might REALLY be able to do all that I want but I'm not sure if that
will be a good thing or not. :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/24/2015 5:01 AM, Gary wrote:
> Nancy2 wrote:
>> But I am older than dirt, and can do what I want.

> Gary:
>> Sorry Nancy2 but I have you beat. According to official White House
>> records, I am now age 104 and still going strong. :-D

> Nancy2:
>> Gary...and you also do what you want, right? LOL.
>>
>> N.

> Even at age 62, I still can't do ALL what I want at any time. Just
> talking about my personal life (not work), I've always had to yield to
> a female's needs. heheh Starting out with MOM when I was a kid, then
> girlfriends that came and went (but I always had one). Then the wife,
> and then when she left, I had a daughter to raise and cater to her
> growing up needs and more girlfriends during those times too.
>
> Then daughter grew up and tried to take over my life telling me what I
> should do. That was a little too early...she can do that when I get
> really old but not now.
>
> Even now, I've got a "girl" ruling some of my life. It's the little
> furry one. She's way old and has special needs now which I gladly
> provide. But taking care of her in her old years keeps me from doing
> what I might do without her. Even this current "girl" has me wrapped
> around her little paw. She has to be hand fed several times a day and
> she always wants to be by my side so I make that happen whenever I'm
> at home.
>
> I'm not complaining though. I'll baby her until the end. After that, I
> might REALLY be able to do all that I want but I'm not sure if that
> will be a good thing or not. :-D

Dude!

TMI