Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default [PING] koko - Persian rice

On Wed, 22 Jul 2015 17:34:49 -0700, gtr > wrote:

>On 2015-07-23 00:15:57 +0000, said:
>> On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 10:07:23 +1000, Jeus
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> The fact that the state of Iran (as we know it) hasn't actually ever
>>> started a war also means nothing, apparently. I see no reason why Iran
>>> should not have nuclear power and weapons whilst other countries can,
>>> based on their track record. That said, I'd prefer that neither
>>> existed in any other country either.

>From your mouth to the ears of al heads of governmental budget offices.
>
>> Why did nobody say anything when Israel disobeyed and went ahead and
>> adopted nuclear power and weapons ?

>I'd like to read a book on that topic. They still do not admit they
>have nuclear weapons. I'd like to know when and how they got them.

It's pretty damned obvious where they got the technology and
assistance from, and it was a long time ago, too.

<snip>

>I don't know if you've seen "White Light/Black Rain", an excellent
>documentary that spends as much time on Nagasaki as it does on
>Hiroshima, with most of the program devoted to elderly survivors
>describing very personal accounts, rather than a historic recitation of
>data. With your association with Nagasaki you might well enjoy it more
>than most.

I remember seeing that doco, IIRC it is several years old now.
Well worth viewing for anyone interested in the subject.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/22/2015 6:37 PM, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-07-23 00:20:12 +0000, Bruce said:
>
>> On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 10:07:23 +1000, Jeus
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> The fact that the state of Iran (as we know it) hasn't actually ever
>>> started a war also means nothing, apparently. I see no reason why Iran
>>> should not have nuclear power and weapons whilst other countries can,
>>> based on their track record.

>> If you think it's a good idea that those medieval hate beards have
>> nuclear weapons, you have a screw loose.

> Excellent! Mischaracterize the statement ("good idea"), add your own
> bile ("hate beards"--cute!), then a personal insult. That's downright
> elegant!

You need to DIE, real damned soon!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/22/2015 7:43 PM, gtr wrote:
> the mundane human details within a grandiose tragedy.

The same one YOU will force upon us?

I will find you, asshole, book that!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-22 8:44 PM, Je�us wrote:

>>> Why did nobody say anything when Israel disobeyed and went ahead and
>>> adopted nuclear power and weapons ?

>> I'd like to read a book on that topic. They still do not admit they
>> have nuclear weapons. I'd like to know when and how they got them.

> It's pretty damned obvious where they got the technology and
> assistance from, and it was a long time ago, too.

Do they really have them? I suspect that they may just like for their
neighbours to think they have them. Iraq went through the same thing
in a confrontation with the US and the UN arms inspectors. Bush was
making claims about Saddam's vast arsenal of WMDs that posed a threat to
the US and its interests. Saddam had been at war with Iran and had
other enemies in the region. The threat of his imaginary WMDs may have
helped to keep them as bay. As fast as the US led invasion went, it
could have been a lot fast had they not had the worry of WMD attacks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-22 8:15 PM, wrote:

> I see the other day the Japanese apologised to Americans who worked in
> the mines when they were POWs. What about the British POWs who were
> there, including one of my uncles who went down on HMS Exeter after
> she went to the south China Sea from the Battle of the River Plate. He
> was in the mines at Nagasaki and told me they watched the bomb there
> like a firework display, he was lucky, he lived into his 90s despite

Let's clarify that. It was a Japanese company that apologized, not the
Japanese government or the Japanese people. Their government has tried
to hide their atrocities from their own people.

There are some interesting aspects of the start and stop dates of WWII.
It is commonly thought to have been from Sept. 1939 to Aug. 1945.
While the European war started in 1939, the US was not part of it until
the end of 1941.

The Asian theatre started in much earlier. The Japanese invaded
Manchuria in 1931 and was at war with China in July 1937. Their
atrocities in the city of Nanking were responsible for more casualties
than the two atomic bombs combined. They found exceptionally cruel ways
to kill people. Some were bound together with barbed wire, doused with
fire and set on fire. Others were used for bayonet practice. Japanese
officers would line men up and have head chopping contests. Almost all
the women were raped, after which most were murdered and/or mutilated.

The US got dragged into the war in Dec.1941 when the Japanese attacked
the American Fleet at Pearl Harbor, hoping to knock the US out of the
picture. However, that was only part of their plan. At the simultaneous
to that, they attacked across the entire Pacific, from the Aleutians
across to Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, and French Indochina. They
enslaved the local people and interned Europeans.

People seem to need to be reminded of this instead of having the
revisionist pity party that paints the Japanese as victims every August.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2015-07-23 13:57:56 +0000, Dave Smith said:

> People seem to need to be reminded of this instead of having the
> revisionist pity party that paints the Japanese as victims every August.

I'm not sure where the revisionism is, since we have to go through the
Yasukini Shrine story every year, with the "comfort women" story and
the Rape of Nanking. Shall we list all the nations in history that have
perpetrated atrocities on the battlefield? It would seemingly be a
long list, with the lone exception of the USA, now that torture has
been redefined as "enhanced bullshit", and the firebombing of both
Tokyo and Dresden were apparently navigation errors. So I'm not sure
what was being revised.

Hopefully the next country that uses nukes against civilian populations
will be lauded as great humanitarians too, unless they aren't the USA.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-23, Janet > wrote:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%
> 93United_Kingdom_relations#Qajar_era

Adding less/more-than signs to each end of a web link will ensure the
above does not occur:

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93United_Kingdom_relations#Qajar_era>

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2015 7:16 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I'd like to read a book on that topic. They still do not admit they
>>> have nuclear weapons. I'd like to know when and how they got them.

>> It's pretty damned obvious where they got the technology and
>> assistance from, and it was a long time ago, too.
>>

> Do they really have them? I suspect that they may just like for their
> neighbours to think they have them. Iraq went through the same thing
> in a confrontation with the US and the UN arms inspectors. Bush was
> making claims about Saddam's vast arsenal of WMDs that posed a threat to
> the US and its interests. Saddam had been at war with Iran and had
> other enemies in the region. The threat of his imaginary WMDs may have
> helped to keep them as bay. As fast as the US led invasion went, it
> could have been a lot fast had they not had the worry of WMD attacks.

Nothing "imaginary" at all, you ill-educated Canuckleheaed DUNCE!

They were trucked into Syria days before the invasion, fool.

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...5519-3700r.htm

U.S. intelligence agencies have obtained satellite photographs of truck
convoys that were at several weapons sites in Iraq in the weeks before
U.S. military operations were launched, defense officials said yesterday.

The photographs indicate that Iraq was moving arms and equipment from
its known weapons sites, said officials who spoke on the condition of
anonymity.

According to one official, the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency,
known as NGA, documented the movement of long convoys of trucks from
various areas around Baghdad to the Syrian border.

The official said the convoys are believed to include shipments of
sensitive armaments, including equipment used in making plastic
explosives and nuclear weapons.

About 380 tons of RDX and HMX, used in making such arms, were reported
missing from the Al-Qaqaa weapons facility, though the Pentagon and an
embedded NBC News correspondent said the facility appeared to have been
emptied by the time U.S. forces got there.

The photographs bolster the claims of Pentagon official John A. Shaw,
who told The Washington Times on Wednesday that recent intelligence
reports indicate Russian special forces units took part in a
sophisticated dispersal operation from January 2003 to March 2003 to
move key weapons out of Iraq.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2015 7:57 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> They enslaved the local people and interned Europeans.

"Interned"?

Seriously?

LOL!

Learn so spell!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2015 8:38 AM, gtr wrote:
> On 2015-07-23 13:57:56 +0000, Dave Smith said:
>
>> People seem to need to be reminded of this instead of having the
>> revisionist pity party that paints the Japanese as victims every August.

> I'm not sure where the revisionism is,

Yet YOU practice it daily, oh the irony!

> since we have to go through the
> Yasukini Shrine story every year, with the "comfort women" story and the
> Rape of Nanking. Shall we list all the nations in history that have
> perpetrated atrocities on the battlefield?

Shall we parse who doesn't exhibit human nature?

> It would seemingly be a long
> list, with the lone exception of the USA, now that torture has been
> redefined as "enhanced bullshit", and the firebombing of both Tokyo and
> Dresden were apparently navigation errors. So I'm not sure what was
> being revised.

Your bullshit, of course.

> Hopefully the next country that uses nukes against civilian populations
> will be lauded as great humanitarians too, unless they aren't the USA.

Hopefully you lost some relatives in the Asian theater of WW2, they'll
be pleased to see you wanted even more of US to die for Tojo's folly.

You florid ****wit!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 03:36:16 +1000, "Dr. Edward Morbius"
> wrote:

> On 7/24/2015 3:26 AM, Dr. Edward Morbius wrote:
> Barbara J. Llorente FRAUD!
>
> No one cares about you.

That's true. I'm still scratching my head over what he's trying to
prove with his little "vendetta". Unlike vermin of his ilk, I have
nothing to be ashamed of: I am proud of my family, my house, my
neighborhood, my city, and my state. They're just toothless little
attention whores dwelling in mommy's basement.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2015 12:24 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 03:36:16 +1000, "Dr. Edward Morbius"
> > wrote:
>
>> On 7/24/2015 3:26 AM, Dr. Edward Morbius wrote:
>> Barbara J. Llorente FRAUD!
>>
>> No one cares about you.
>>

> That's true. I'm still scratching my head over what he's trying to
> prove with his little "vendetta". Unlike vermin of his ilk, I have
> nothing to be ashamed of: I am proud of my family, my house, my
> neighborhood, my city, and my state. They're just toothless little
> attention whores dwelling in mommy's basement.

Marty is a seething vat of shame.

He knows he has let everyone in his life down and projects it out upon
others.

The redolent temper tantrum he's tossing here is classic 4 year old
stuff, write senior-itis large.

Persian Rice. James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 4 31-10-2009 09:29 PM
Lubria Polo (Persian Green Bean Rice) Ben Yap General Cooking 7 04-02-2007 10:03 PM
Persian Rice Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 19-03-2005 03:01 AM
Persian Rice Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 19-03-2005 03:01 AM
Persian Rice & Pistachio Salad MacLeod, Kathleen Recipes (moderated) 0 29-02-2004 11:16 PM