Old 02-02-2007, 04:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lubria Polo (Persian Green Bean Rice)

http://chowtimes.com/2006/04/lubria_...sian_rice.html

Old 02-02-2007, 09:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ben Yap" wrote in message
http://chowtimes.com/2006/04/lubria_...sian_rice.html

Yum! Looks good!

Old 02-02-2007, 11:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Ben Yap" wrote in message
http://chowtimes.com/2006/04/lubria_...sian_rice.html

Yum! Looks good!

The pictures have been driving me nuts all afternoon.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 23:32:06 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Ben Yap" wrote in message
http://chowtimes.com/2006/04/lubria_...sian_rice.html

Yum! Looks good!

The pictures have been driving me nuts all afternoon.

While it looks good and I may try it, I'd add the green beans much
later because they look overcooked to me.

--
See return address to reply by email
Old 03-02-2007, 07:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote in message ...
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 23:32:06 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Ben Yap" wrote in message
http://chowtimes.com/2006/04/lubria_...sian_rice.html

Yum! Looks good!

The pictures have been driving me nuts all afternoon.

While it looks good and I may try it, I'd add the green beans much
later because they look overcooked to me.

I'll let you know tomorrow night. I'm headed off for the monthly Very Large
Grocery Hunt (as compared to the small weekly hunts). If, when I tally up
everything, I can still bring myself to buy saffron for $863.94 an ounce or
whatever it is, I'm going to make that dish.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I'll let you know tomorrow night. I'm headed off for the monthly Very Large
Grocery Hunt (as compared to the small weekly hunts). If, when I tally up
everything, I can still bring myself to buy saffron for $863.94 an ounce or
whatever it is, I'm going to make that dish.

I was in a CVS pharmacy a couple months ago. The unit price listed for
Abreva cold sore medication was $3,398 per pound. The cashier didn't
get the joke.

-bwg

Old 04-02-2007, 06:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 2, 10:25 am, "Ben Yap" wrote:
http://chowtimes.com/2006/04/lubria_...sian_rice.html

Should probably be lubia polo, by the way. Or mayle Loubia polo.

-bwg

Old 04-02-2007, 10:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"-bwg" wrote in message
ps.com...
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I'll let you know tomorrow night. I'm headed off for the monthly Very
Large
Grocery Hunt (as compared to the small weekly hunts). If, when I tally up
everything, I can still bring myself to buy saffron for $863.94 an ounce
or
whatever it is, I'm going to make that dish.

I was in a CVS pharmacy a couple months ago. The unit price listed for
Abreva cold sore medication was $3,398 per pound. The cashier didn't
get the joke.

-bwg

I ended up not making the dish. By the time I got to the spice aisle, the
tally was enormous, so there was no way I was going to spend $15.00 for
three powdered flower stamens.

REC: Green Bean Almond Rice Pete Romfh Diabetic 0 11-02-2006 05:14 PM
Green Bean, Fennel and Rice Salad Duckie Recipes 0 08-04-2005 12:33 PM
Green Bean, Fennel and Rice Salad Duckie Recipes 0 08-04-2005 12:33 PM
Persian Rice Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 19-03-2005 03:01 AM
Persian Rice Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 19-03-2005 03:01 AM