Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default HEB new restaurant!

HEB has completely renovated their store in Schertz. It is now an HEB PLUS, also it has a restaurant. Stopped in their today to give it a try and do shopping, I have calamari which was great, peppery and crispy and the secret sauce was hot and spicy. John had a burger and Sweet potato Fries, the burger was HUGE, and loaded, the fries were good too. It is an experiment, the menu has good variety of things, you order at the counter and they bring it to your table, also they have a BAR. Next time I will try the BarBQue, it smelled wonderful.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
HEB has completely renovated their store in Schertz. It is now an HEB PLUS,
also it has a restaurant. Stopped in their today to give it a try and do
shopping, I have calamari which was great, peppery and crispy and the secret
sauce was hot and spicy. John had a burger and Sweet potato Fries, the
burger was HUGE, and loaded, the fries were good too. It is an experiment,
the menu has good variety of things, you order at the counter and they
bring it to your table, also they have a BAR. Next time I will try the
BarBQue, it smelled wonderful.

--------

I wonder if they ever have to tell a restaurant customer "I'm sorry, we are
out of that".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/26/2015 3:41 PM, rosie wrote:
> HEB has completely renovated their store in Schertz. It is now an
> HEB PLUS, also it has a restaurant. Stopped in their today to give it
> a try and do shopping, I have calamari which was great, peppery and
> crispy and the secret sauce was hot and spicy. John had a burger and
> Sweet potato Fries, the burger was HUGE, and loaded, the fries were
> good too. It is an experiment, the menu has good variety of things,
> you order at the counter and they bring it to your table, also they
> have a BAR. Next time I will try the BarBQue, it smelled wonderful.

We have seen an HEB plus, while driving home from Mexico, but I did not
know that they served food. Sounds good, I will have to try it.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2015 4:44 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 27 May 2015 15:28:04 -0500, Becca EmaNymton wrote:
>
>> On 5/26/2015 3:41 PM, rosie wrote:
>>> HEB has completely renovated their store in Schertz. It is now an
>>> HEB PLUS, also it has a restaurant. Stopped in their today to give it
>>> a try and do shopping, I have calamari which was great, peppery and
>>> crispy and the secret sauce was hot and spicy. John had a burger and
>>> Sweet potato Fries, the burger was HUGE, and loaded, the fries were
>>> good too. It is an experiment, the menu has good variety of things,
>>> you order at the counter and they bring it to your table, also they
>>> have a BAR. Next time I will try the BarBQue, it smelled wonderful.

>> We have seen an HEB plus, while driving home from Mexico, but I did not
>> know that they served food. Sounds good, I will have to try it.

> The H-E-B Plus format store just means they also sell general
> merchandise as well as groceries. Some HEB's, wether they're a "Plus"
> or not, also include cafes and/or wine bars and/or and expanded
> prepared food/delis. An HEB Plus with a cafe (which probably also
> includes the expanded prepared foods) would be the grandaddy of them
> all.
>
> -sw

The HEB near us is a small one, they have no bakery, deli, etc., but
they still have the best produce. I love HEB, we just bought brisket for
$1.77 per pound, we are going to smoke it.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/29/2015 6:19 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 29 May 2015 15:50:07 -0500, Becca EmaNymton wrote:
>
>> The HEB near us is a small one, they have no bakery, deli, etc., but
>> they still have the best produce. I love HEB, we just bought brisket for
>> $1.77 per pound, we are going to smoke it.

> I just looked at the price of brisket at my HEB a few minutes ago.
> $2.98 for Select, $3.48 for Choice. I haven't seen $1.77 for a
> couple-few years.
>
> -sw

The last day of the sale was Tuesday and we came home from our trip
Monday evening, so we had to run to HEB on Tuesday before the sale was
over. We needed milk, cheese and produce, anyway.

Becca