Old 29-05-2015, 09:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca EmaNymton Becca EmaNymton is offline

Default HEB new restaurant!

On 5/27/2015 4:44 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2015 15:28:04 -0500, Becca EmaNymton wrote:

On 5/26/2015 3:41 PM, rosie wrote:
HEB has completely renovated their store in Schertz. It is now an
HEB PLUS, also it has a restaurant. Stopped in their today to give it
a try and do shopping, I have calamari which was great, peppery and
crispy and the secret sauce was hot and spicy. John had a burger and
Sweet potato Fries, the burger was HUGE, and loaded, the fries were
good too. It is an experiment, the menu has good variety of things,
you order at the counter and they bring it to your table, also they
have a BAR. Next time I will try the BarBQue, it smelled wonderful.

We have seen an HEB plus, while driving home from Mexico, but I did not
know that they served food. Sounds good, I will have to try it.

The H-E-B Plus format store just means they also sell general
merchandise as well as groceries. Some HEB's, wether they're a "Plus"
or not, also include cafes and/or wine bars and/or and expanded
prepared food/delis. An HEB Plus with a cafe (which probably also
includes the expanded prepared foods) would be the grandaddy of them
all.

-sw

The HEB near us is a small one, they have no bakery, deli, etc., but
they still have the best produce. I love HEB, we just bought brisket for
$1.77 per pound, we are going to smoke it.

Becca