Old 26-04-2015, 01:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

Old 26-04-2015, 04:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:53:50 -0800, Mark Thorson wrote:

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

Sad to hear. It reminds me of the time I was visiting a friend in Florida.
We drove to West Palm Beach. I took him to an Indian restaurant that I was
familiar with. He took one look at the building and said it used to be a
Lums.

Old 26-04-2015, 04:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I just saw one yesterday out towards Tacoma! I can't say for sure what city
we were in at the time when we drove past it but it was out that way/ I was
astounded as I thought they all had closed.

Old 26-04-2015, 05:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

They come, they go. Chipotle is the new kid on the block.

--

sf
Old 26-04-2015, 05:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 20:25:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I just saw one yesterday out towards Tacoma! I can't say for sure what city
we were in at the time when we drove past it but it was out that way/ I was
astounded as I thought they all had closed.

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

--

sf

Old 26-04-2015, 06:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/25/2015 8:25 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I just saw one yesterday out towards Tacoma! I can't say for sure what
city we were in at the time when we drove past it but it was out that
way/ I was astounded as I thought they all had closed.

The only thing astounding here is your relentless stupidity.

The HoJo's referred to in the NPR is one of the last of the original
stand-alone RESTAURANTS. The HoJo's down by Tacoma is part of the
HOTEL/MOTEL/MOTOR LODGE chain, which was separated from the restaurants
and run as a separate entity (but with a common name) decades ago.

But please, keep up with the stupidity. You are your own best parody,
you brainless dumbass.
Old 26-04-2015, 06:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:55:05 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I could use a scoop of mint chip ice cream right now.

There was one in Fairfield, CA, up till a decade ago. Just the right spot
for long-distance travelers to get a bite to eat before diving into the
SF Bay Area. No more HoJo ice cream, though.
Old 26-04-2015, 08:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 22:49:01 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:55:05 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I could use a scoop of mint chip ice cream right now.

I remember Peppermint Chip ice cream. Little 5mm candy-cane turds in
a vanilla base. I used to pick them out and eat them last.

I picked them out and ate them. I didn't like the ice cream.

Old 26-04-2015, 09:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

LOL! You're probably right. ;-D
Old 26-04-2015, 01:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:55:05 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I could use a scoop of mint chip ice cream right now.

I remember Peppermint Chip ice cream. Little 5mm candy-cane turds in
a vanilla base. I used to pick them out and eat them last.

Yep, yer the kinda guy what picks out the turds 'n saves 'em fer last.

-sw

--Bryan

Old 26-04-2015, 05:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:55:05 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I could use a scoop of mint chip ice cream right now.

I remember Peppermint Chip ice cream. Little 5mm candy-cane turds in
a vanilla base. I used to pick them out and eat them last.

What'd you do, store them in your hamster cheeks?
Old 26-04-2015, 05:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:55:05 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I could use a scoop of mint chip ice cream right now.

I remember Peppermint Chip ice cream. Little 5mm candy-cane turds in
a vanilla base. I used to pick them out and eat them last.

I picked them out and ate them. I didn't like the ice cream.

Doesn't get any dumber, coulda simply bought peppermint hard candies.
Old 26-04-2015, 05:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:55:05 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I could use a scoop of mint chip ice cream right now.

I remember Peppermint Chip ice cream. Little 5mm candy-cane turds in
a vanilla base. I used to pick them out and eat them last.

I picked them out and ate them. I didn't like the ice cream.

Doesn't get any dumber, coulda simply bought peppermint hard candies.

Exactly! Just another Julie tale. If you don't like ice cream, don't
order ice cream. I sincerely doubt her parents forced her to order
peppermint ice cream just so she could pick out the candy.

You can buy soft peppermint sticks, too. Light as air. A good word for
them would be "puffy". I caught part of a documentary about the candy
on PBS a couple of weeks ago. I forget the brand name of the peppermint
candies but it's an exremely involved and intense process to make them
that way to sell on a commercial level.

Jill
Old 26-04-2015, 06:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 4:55:05 PM UTC-7, Mark Thorson wrote:
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I could use a scoop of mint chip ice cream right now.

I remember Peppermint Chip ice cream. Little 5mm candy-cane turds in
a vanilla base. I used to pick them out and eat them last.

What'd you do, store them in your hamster cheeks?

All female hampsters are repulsed by him...

--
Best
Greg

Old 26-04-2015, 07:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I just saw one yesterday out towards Tacoma! I can't say for sure what city
we were in at the time when we drove past it but it was out that way/ I was
astounded as I thought they all had closed.

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

Gonna miss those fried clam strips and ice cream - what a pairing!

Merrill Howard Kalin: How to Make Salmonella Salad Jabbering Judas General Cooking 1 26-01-2007 02:43 PM
Howard Lyman, ex rancher exposes the truth Beach Runner Vegan 5 28-07-2005 02:42 PM
GAN EDEN closes Craig Winchell Wine 9 08-03-2005 02:32 AM
KO- Howard Johnson's Boston Brown Bread ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 0 19-10-2004 05:22 PM