Old 07-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Craig Winchell

Default GAN EDEN closes

Howdy. This post should not be considered spam, but rather a 1 time
announcement. I've decided to close, and to liquidate my inventory to
anyone who wishes to buy wine at a really excellent price. Northern
California is becoming less and less desirable for my family as the
difficulty in providing a Jewish education for my children seems to be
increasing exponentially each year. The only solution seems to be to leave
this geographic region for parts more conducive to our needs. Obviously,
this requires us to sell our winery facility, upon which is my home.
Because of the cost of wine storage, it becomes desirable to liquidate the
inventory before the change in ownership. Since the wine is kosher, and
since Purim and Passover are coming up soon, this presents a buying
opportunity for parties interested in getting a good wine suitable for their
needs at a great price. Although we have prices posted on our web site, no
reasonable offer will be refused. The only wine in tight supply for which
we will not consider offers is the Late Harvest Gewurztraminer.

Thanks,
Craig Winchell
GAN EDEN Wines

Old 07-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Richard Neidich

Craig, good luck in future.

Was going to find your web site but I don't know what it is. Please advise.

dick

ink.net...

Old 07-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Craig Winchell

You're right, I should have left it. Sorry. You found the web site, but to
make it easier for others, contact info:

Craig Winchell
GAN EDEN Wines
email:
web site:
http://www.ganeden.com
tel: 707-829-5686, 800-829-5686
fax: 707-829-0993

Old 07-03-2005, 04:49 PM
jcoulter

"Craig Winchell" wrote in
ink.net:

Craig, I am sorry to read about your closing. I know that you have been
very informative in the past about your wines and their special place. I
hope that all goes well for you and that you get a good price for your
facility and home. It does not sound like this has been an esay decision
but quality of life is important. My best to you and your family stay in
touch with the group.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:53 PM
DaleW

Indeed, let me join jcoulter in saying I'm sorry to read re your
closing. I hope you keep participating here. I remember a Jewish
winegeek friend once saying of your Cabernet "this isn't just 'good
kosher wine', this is flatout good wine that is kosher."
The only Gan Eden wine I had was an excellent dessert style one.
Hopefully you can sell all of your inventory!

Old 07-03-2005, 08:51 PM
Mark Lipton

Craig Winchell wrote:
Howdy. This post should not be considered spam, but rather a 1 time
announcement. I've decided to close, and to liquidate my inventory to
anyone who wishes to buy wine at a really excellent price.

Craig,
I am disappointed to hear of this decision, but of course wish you
all the best in your relocation. Sadly, I had hoped to visit Gan Eden
during my sabbatical here in CA. When will you close your doors to
visitors?

Mark Lipton
Old 08-03-2005, 02:21 AM
joseph b. rosenberg

Sorry to hear of your closing--it seems more and more there are now two
distinct classes of wine. The one Parker comments on and then all the
rest.Especially for
kosher wines, unless you are in the 1st category, many wine-geeks will not
be attracted to your wines unless the
price is ultra-competitive. These people have bugged me for years on how
they can get kosher Bordeaux in a good year for their Passover seder.

Unless a kosher wines scores over 90 with Parker they could care less. I'm
amazed you've hung on for this long.

I know the wholesalers I've talked to about your wine have shown a complete
lack of imagination.

Good luck in what ever you do next.

--
Joseph B. Rosenberg
"Craig Winchell" wrote in message
ink.net...
Howdy. This post should not be considered spam, but rather a 1 time

(snip)
Thanks,

Craig Winchell
GAN EDEN Wines

Old 08-03-2005, 03:31 AM
Craig Winchell

"Mark Lipton" wrote in message
Craig Winchell wrote:
Howdy. This post should not be considered spam, but rather a 1 time
announcement. I've decided to close, and to liquidate my inventory to
anyone who wishes to buy wine at a really excellent price.

Craig,
I am disappointed to hear of this decision, but of course wish you
all the best in your relocation. Sadly, I had hoped to visit Gan Eden
during my sabbatical here in CA. When will you close your doors to
visitors?

If the pending sale goes through, title changes June 1, and I must be out by
then. If something interferes, I'm back to the drawing board. I'll stay
open to special visitors as long as possible, at least to enjoy a good
bottle and a rousing discussion.

Craig

Mark Lipton

Old 08-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Craig Winchell

"joseph b. rosenberg" wrote in message

Sorry to hear of your closing--it seems more and more there are now two
distinct classes of wine. The one Parker comments on and then all the
rest.Especially for
kosher wines, unless you are in the 1st category, many wine-geeks will not
be attracted to your wines unless the
price is ultra-competitive. These people have bugged me for years on how
they can get kosher Bordeaux in a good year for their Passover seder.

Unless a kosher wines scores over 90 with Parker they could care less.

I'm
amazed you've hung on for this long.

I know the wholesalers I've talked to about your wine have shown a

complete
lack of imagination.

Good luck in what ever you do next.

Thanks, Joe. I had looked forward to meeting you last summer. I hope
everything is well with youy now.

Craig

--
Joseph B. Rosenberg