Old 26-04-2015, 07:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
W. Lohman W. Lohman is offline

Default one of the last three Howard Johnson's closes

On 4/25/2015 10:31 PM, sf wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 20:25:37 -0700, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Mark Thorson" wrote in message
The Radio Shack of restaurants is circling
the drain.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...g-hojos-closes

I just saw one yesterday out towards Tacoma! I can't say for sure what city
we were in at the time when we drove past it but it was out that way/ I was
astounded as I thought they all had closed.

Maybe it would still be around if they didn't start calling themselves
"Hojo".

Gonna miss those fried clam strips and ice cream - what a pairing!