Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Diet Pepsi to ditch the aspartame

http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

I love the phrase, "loyal Diet Pepsi users." No decent editor would have let
the word, users, slip by unless it was in a quote.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/24/2015 5:48 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 16:43:49 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
>> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

>> I love the phrase, "loyal Diet Pepsi users." No decent editor would have let
>> the word, users, slip by unless it was in a quote.

> If you look at the ingredients
> (http://z6mag.com/wp-content/uploads/...gredients.jpg),
> the word "user" is well chosen. It's a bit hard to read in that
> picture, though. Is the last ingredient "antidepressant"?

Nope.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:27:53 AM UTC-7, Christopher Helms wrote:
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

> I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.

ditch all sodas while you are at it. Your body will thank you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 12:48:39 PM UTC-4, ImStillMags wrote:

> ditch all sodas while you are at it. Your body will thank you.

I pretty much stopped drinking diet soda a couple of years ago. I
still drink seltzer and/or club soda.

I haven't noticed my body mentioning anything about it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 12:59:01 PM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 12:48:39 PM UTC-4, ImStillMags wrote:
>
> > ditch all sodas while you are at it. Your body will thank you.

> I pretty much stopped drinking diet soda a couple of years ago. I
> still drink seltzer and/or club soda.
>
> I haven't noticed my body mentioning anything about it.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

My body may be grateful, but my tummy and heart are going to miss it. Still, it'll be money better spent on something else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 11:48:39 AM UTC-5, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:27:53 AM UTC-7, Christopher Helms wrote:
> > On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> > > http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

> > I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.

> ditch all sodas while you are at it. Your body will thank you.

We'll see. I bought 4 six packs of Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 ounce bottles because they were $1.99 each and when they are gone, that'll be it.

I hope.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 6:27:53 AM UTC-10, Christopher Helms wrote:
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

> I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.

Pepsi Max - boy, that's some good stuff! How could you ever forsake it? :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2015 1:33 PM, Christopher Helms wrote:

> We'll see. I bought 4 six packs of Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 ounce bottles because they were $1.99 each and when they are gone, that'll be it.
>
> I hope.

I used to buy it in cans all the time, then one of my siblings had
several 2-liter bottles left over from a gathering, and gave them to
me. I was able to drink my way through a bottle before it went flat,
so if I were to take up drinking it regularly again, I guess I'd cheap
out and go for the 2-liter bottles.

(I switched from pop to iced tea because I'm cheap.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2015 3:36 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
> On 4/28/2015 1:33 PM, Christopher Helms wrote:
>
>> We'll see. I bought 4 six packs of Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 ounce
>> bottles because they were $1.99 each and when they are gone, that'll
>> be it.
>>
>> I hope.
>>

> I used to buy it in cans all the time, then one of my siblings had
> several 2-liter bottles left over from a gathering, and gave them to me.
> I was able to drink my way through a bottle before it went flat, so if I
> were to take up drinking it regularly again, I guess I'd cheap out and
> go for the 2-liter bottles.
>
> (I switched from pop to iced tea because I'm cheap.)

But do you brew your own tea or buy it in cans/bottles?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 2:19:34 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 6:27:53 AM UTC-10, Christopher Helms wrote:
> > On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> > > http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

> > I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.

> Pepsi Max - boy, that's some good stuff! How could you ever forsake it? :-)

I didn't. One day I went to the grocery and it was no longer there. Or anyplace else. I can drink Diet Pepsi, but I really loved the Max. Having the Diet Pepsi forced on me was the moment when I started having doubts about my relationship with Pepsi. Gas stations still sell Max in individual cans for something like $1.68 each, but that's an even bigger rip off than the 16 ounce bottles.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 2:36:24 PM UTC-5, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
> On 4/28/2015 1:33 PM, Christopher Helms wrote:
>
> > We'll see. I bought 4 six packs of Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 ounce bottles because they were $1.99 each and when they are gone, that'll be it.
> >
> > I hope.
> >

> I used to buy it in cans all the time, then one of my siblings had
> several 2-liter bottles left over from a gathering, and gave them to
> me. I was able to drink my way through a bottle before it went flat,
> so if I were to take up drinking it regularly again, I guess I'd cheap
> out and go for the 2-liter bottles.
>
> (I switched from pop to iced tea because I'm cheap.)

The 2 liters are the best deal, if you can be sure they'll be used up quickly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 10:40:13 AM UTC-10, Christopher Helms wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 2:19:34 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > >
> > > I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.

> > Pepsi Max - boy, that's some good stuff! How could you ever forsake it? :-)

> I didn't. One day I went to the grocery and it was no longer there. Or anyplace else. I can drink Diet Pepsi, but I really loved the Max. Having the Diet Pepsi forced on me was the moment when I started having doubts about my relationship with Pepsi. Gas stations still sell Max in individual cans for something like $1.68 each, but that's an even bigger rip off than the 16 ounce bottles.

I feel you pain.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2015 1:19 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 6:27:53 AM UTC-10, Christopher Helms wrote:
>> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

>> I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.

> Pepsi Max - boy, that's some good stuff! How could you ever forsake it? :-)

Jolt?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still
PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce
bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I
think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got
rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it
worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.

---

Someone I know only drank the caffeine free in the individual bottles and
they stopped making those a while back. She then went with Soda Stream but
it sure isn't saving her any money. She has to buy special, expensive
bottles for portability and they need frequent replacement.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Moe DeLoughan" > wrote in message
> On 4/28/2015 1:33 PM, Christopher Helms wrote:
>
>> We'll see. I bought 4 six packs of Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 ounce
>> bottles because they were $1.99 each and when they are gone, that'll be
>> it.
>>
>> I hope.
>>

> I used to buy it in cans all the time, then one of my siblings had several
> 2-liter bottles left over from a gathering, and gave them to me. I was
> able to drink my way through a bottle before it went flat, so if I were to
> take up drinking it regularly again, I guess I'd cheap out and go for the
> 2-liter bottles.
>
> (I switched from pop to iced tea because I'm cheap.)

I love iced tea but my fridge doesn't. I can fit in individual cans and
bottles but a pitcher doesn't work so well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 11:42:06 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

> I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still
> PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce
> bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I
> think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got
> rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it
> worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.
>
> ---
>
> Someone I know only drank the caffeine free in the individual bottles and
> they stopped making those a while back. She then went with Soda Stream but
> it sure isn't saving her any money. She has to buy special, expensive
> bottles for portability and they need frequent replacement.

I never thought about making my own soda. Seems like it would be a lot of trouble.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 11:42:06 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
>> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
>> > http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

>> I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still
>> PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5
>> ounce
>> bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I
>> think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I
>> got
>> rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it
>> worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Someone I know only drank the caffeine free in the individual bottles and
>> they stopped making those a while back. She then went with Soda Stream
>> but
>> it sure isn't saving her any money. She has to buy special, expensive
>> bottles for portability and they need frequent replacement.

> I never thought about making my own soda. Seems like it would be a lot of
> trouble.

I think so too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:40:13 PM UTC-5, Christopher Helms wrote:

> I can drink Diet Pepsi, but I really loved the Max.

My son used to drink Max before games when he played baseball. Caffeine is
a performance enhancer.

I don't like the taste of Max as well as regular DP, and especially Diet Coke,
but an ice cold can of Max, basically chugged, gives a quick hit of caffeine.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/28/2015 3:21 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 4/28/2015 3:36 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
>> On 4/28/2015 1:33 PM, Christopher Helms wrote:
>>
>>> We'll see. I bought 4 six packs of Diet Mountain Dew in the 24 ounce
>>> bottles because they were $1.99 each and when they are gone, that'll
>>> be it.
>>>
>>> I hope.
>>>

>> I used to buy it in cans all the time, then one of my siblings had
>> several 2-liter bottles left over from a gathering, and gave them to
>> me.
>> I was able to drink my way through a bottle before it went flat, so
>> if I
>> were to take up drinking it regularly again, I guess I'd cheap out and
>> go for the 2-liter bottles.
>>
>> (I switched from pop to iced tea because I'm cheap.)

> But do you brew your own tea or buy it in cans/bottles?

I make up a powder mixture, using instant tea, True Lemon, and citric
acid. Mixes are nowhere as good as fresh-brewed but much more
portable. I keep some on hand at work and carry a small packet on me,
so I can just spoon some into my bottle/glass of water when I dine
out. Hey, at least I'm not so cheap as to ask the server for lemons to
make lemonade with my water.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 8:02:53 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 05:55:09 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:40:13 PM UTC-5, Christopher Helms wrote:
> >>
> >> I can drink Diet Pepsi, but I really loved the Max.
> >>

> >My son used to drink Max before games when he played baseball. Caffeine is
> >a performance enhancer.
> >
> >I don't like the taste of Max as well as regular DP, and especially Diet Coke,
> >but an ice cold can of Max, basically chugged, gives a quick hit of caffeine.

> I thought all these crap drinks were for children with bad parents.

It was a palatable, quick way to get a dose of caffeine.

> Bruce

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2015 3:35 AM, Christopher Helms wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 11:42:06 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Christopher Helms" > wrote in message
>> On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:49:13 PM UTC-5, Janet B wrote:
>>> http://tinyurl.com/npxkdq3

>> I addition to having ditched Pepsi Max in the six packs, which I'm still
>> PO'd about, Pepsi is also ditching 24 ounce bottles in favor of 16.5 ounce
>> bottles. Basically, two less bottles per six pack, for the same price. I
>> think I'm going to ditch Pepsi, Mountain Dew, etc. for the same reason I got
>> rid of cable: Too much money chasing not enough good product to make it
>> worth the trouble. It was never a necessary purchase, anyway.
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Someone I know only drank the caffeine free in the individual bottles and
>> they stopped making those a while back. She then went with Soda Stream but
>> it sure isn't saving her any money. She has to buy special, expensive
>> bottles for portability and they need frequent replacement.

> I never thought about making my own soda. Seems like it would be a lot of trouble.

Takes all of about 30 seconds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:40:13 PM UTC-5, Christopher Helms wrote:
> >
> > I can drink Diet Pepsi, but I really loved the Max.
> >

> My son used to drink Max before games when he played baseball. Caffeine is
> a performance enhancer.

Caffeine and sugar is a quick energy fix. For longer lasting energy,
all those evil CARBS are what works. Ask any long distant runner.
been there, done it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 10:45:22 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> >
> > On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 3:40:13 PM UTC-5, Christopher Helms wrote:
> > >
> > > I can drink Diet Pepsi, but I really loved the Max.
> > >

> > My son used to drink Max before games when he played baseball. Caffeine is
> > a performance enhancer.

> Caffeine and sugar is a quick energy fix. For longer lasting energy,
> all those evil CARBS are what works. Ask any long distant runner.
> been there, done it.

Long distance runners use low GI carbs, not sugar.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/29/2015 5:35 AM, Christopher Helms wrote:

>> Someone I know only drank the caffeine free in the individual bottles and
>> they stopped making those a while back. She then went with Soda Stream but
>> it sure isn't saving her any money. She has to buy special, expensive
>> bottles for portability and they need frequent replacement.

> I never thought about making my own soda. Seems like it would be a lot of trouble.

I remember about 60 years ago my parents made root beer..Hires sold the
extract, but I don't recall the rest of the steps. Carbonation was a
natural process in the bottle. It was a one time thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 12:46:36 PM UTC-5, Bryan-TGWWW wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 10:45:22 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > Bryan-TGWWW wrote:

> > > My son used to drink Max before games when he played baseball. Caffeine is
> > > a performance enhancer.

> > Caffeine and sugar is a quick energy fix. For longer lasting energy,
> > all those evil CARBS are what works. Ask any long distant runner.
> > been there, done it.

> Long distance runners use low GI carbs, not sugar.
>
> --Bryan

Pepsi Max doesn't have carbs, anyway.